daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

DN Archives Found urban images from all around the world not taken by you

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #121
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2449

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud32 View Post
It seems that the cladding on thsi doesn't match the renders....
I was confirmed yesterday that the ugly light blue panels were well & truly covered in plastic films. The EPADESA principal private secretary & communications director Dominique Boré , said to me that the final color will actually be 'Bleu Outremer', which corresponds to this:

'Bleu outremer'

Therefore, the final color will be that visible in the darker panel below:

That's good news then .

Sponsored Links

Old January 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #122
MissyC

WOW. just found about this one in La Defence ... it looks very edgy/flashy and sure beautiful. Lovely addition to the already fun La Defence's skyline.
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #123
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Indeed Charlotte .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on 16/01/12:

By Hétérotopie

Pics by Spoudzzi

More pics ---> HERE
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #124
MissyC

Merci Jex ... I posted it onto my Facebook wall, a phone album specially created for such and for all my friends to see.

I love that tall building next to it a lot too. The density of La Defence is getting intens once this one and the other towers are completed turning the area into (if not already) a more fun place to be/go/be across Paris. I tend to stay in hotels close to La Defence myself each time I visit Paris in order to enjoy the skyline, the only one of North American flaire and density and can't wait for the days that at least one or two 60+ something is constructed there either.

A city shouldn't necessarily build Supertalls in order to be eye catching or become glamorous. In most North American (USA and Canada also Japan's Tokyo or Australian cities), the way these towers are located close or with each other, creating sections or cross points where one can stand and look up or look at from afar does distinguish the characteristics of these cities adding to the glamour of visiting them.

Although I like many of the new supertalls or skyscrapers being built or already there across China or UAE as to give a few examples, yet the way the city's and these financial districts are designed or the locations of each tower on the spot and map, is something I hate to look at and eyes "messy" or like I call it so "mish mashy"

I love the Shard project in London, but the way London's City is now redesigning itself is not really making it look that fun to me and had the feeling as if sooner or later we may look at something so "Dubai-ish or Shanghai-like" in London, UK.

This is why I am so glad to see that La Defence is doing exactly the right thing. Only adding these beautiful towers, that perhaps are not that tall, to a place at junctions and around a square like grand plaza to give it that North American feel and vibe an area as such requires to possess and to impress.

All I wish to see, hopefully someday, is a 65+ tower and one or two more towers of around 75 as to make the picture complete. Eiffel Tower is far away anyway and Paris's LD can easily have such impressive skyline.
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #125
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

You're welcome CharlotteJ .

Many thanks for your initiative on facebook!

La Defense could be a lot more impressive indeed, especially with the addition of taller buildings, I do agree with you. Hopefully, it will be the case if PHARE tower, Hermitage Plaza & GENERALI are built.

Building very tall towers in France is very difficult, even in La Défense...the nimbies, associations & some political parties currently try their best to make them fail via heaps of appeals made possible owing to stupid regulations that enable those people to delay the projects for months/years.

That's what's happening with HERMITAGE PLAZA whose works should have started last summer, but the remaining people living in LES DAMIERS (residences to be destoyed to make room for HP) appealed because they refuse to go despite numerous relocation proposals...Iskenderov (russian promoter is boiling...) Not sure that HP will come true given the economic downturn+ change of President (if Sarkozy isn't reelected next May).

For PHARE, same...several appeals and a judiciary procedure which, if it was to go all the way, could delay the project up to 4 or 5 years...it's very frustrating as it happens all the time with those damned nimbies...they have way to much power thanks to the french laws...

Having said that, PHARE's preliminary works should have started late 2011 but now, the mayor of Courbevoie (who had always backed the project so far), has changed his mind a bit (political manoeuvre as he wants his inhabitants to reelect him). Unibail has submitted 3 proposals regarding a passerelle (cf PHARE thread for full story), but that Mayor (Jacques Kossowski) is still not satisfied, so, time wastage goes on...

GENERALI has been abandoned last year by the italian company, but they're trying to sell the project to another investor. To date, there's no 'touch' but negociations continue with around 20 investors. I'm optimistic about this tower because if it's taken over, work will start at once as all appeals had been previously cleared.

A lovely hotel project (HOTEL CITY VIEW), that we all thought was dead, is said to have found a german investor lately, therefore, work could begin early february.

Tour AIR² (next to D2 tower), is to start mid 2012 with the destruction of the current tower 'Aurore'.

I invite you to take a look at the other projects (U/C or to come):

- TOUR D2 HERE

- TOUR MAJUNGA HERE

- TOUR EQHO HERE

- HOTEL CITY VIEW HERE

- Tour AIR² HERE

- TOUR PHARE HERE

- TOUR HERMITAGE PLAZA HERE

- TOUR GENERALI HERE

- TOUR AVA HERE

Many thanks for your interest CharlotteJ...
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #126
MissyC

Amazing! Simply Dazzling ... I truly hope and wish that all these new additions will be constructed given with no doubt, it will make Paris's La Defence an example of how a financial/business district of a modern city should look like and be "designed" and be a trendsetter for whoever that aims to a harmonious city in perfect line with both old and new, distancing the "wanna-be" architects and architecture and only embrace the beautiful power of true design with that of multi-functionality that by itself leads to perfection.

And something else I notice and am glad to notice that: unlike many buildings out there that are or will be cladded with boring dull bland tasteless Blue/Green cheap glass, most of these French creations are going to have a character and be covered with materials that will distinguish them from anything else around them and in a way they will be given a unique character. Splendid.

Love it ...

Thank you so much JEX for the summary
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #127
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

You're welcome CharlotteJ, your enthusiasm really is appreciable, many thanks dude .

Bye & stick around...!
Old January 19th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #128
oompaloompa

Likes (Received): 597

Beautiful tower...simply amazing !!!!
oompaloompa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #129
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
You're welcome CharlotteJ, your enthusiasm really is appreciable, many thanks dude .

Bye & stick around...!
Dude? that is for men

Charlotte is a female name Jexi

No worries, I will stick around. I guess I am one of the Verrrryyyy few females here who is so much in love with skyscrapers and buildings. 99% of all people here is a man.
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #130
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Sorry about that Charlotte, I thought you were a man from Charlotte is the USA . Furthermore, there are very few women interested in skyscrapers, most of the forumers being men...but that's cool then, now I'll know .
Old January 20th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #131
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 285

Wow, this really moving along fast. What a great proliferation of architectural gems Paris has received recently! Hopefully other cities will follow suit.
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #132
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Last wednesday at noon:

Old February 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #133
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 386

yesterday

By morgandoug at 2012-02-04

dougdoug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #134
MissyC

Oh wow ... I like the cladding of this one. High quality glass as one can tell.
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #135
cameronpaul
Paris-the city beautiful

Likes (Received): 194

As much as I love Paris, I think their new gimmick buildings in La Defense are shit and will date as fast as it takes to put them up.
London's new skyscrapers are far, far superior and will stand the test of time.
Poor Paris, it deserves much better.
cameronpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #136
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 386

Please don't be jealous!!! the future highrises will be on the top! like D2, Majunga, just wait a little bite. I am sure you will like it!
dougdoug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #137
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdoug View Post
Please don't be jealous!!! the future highrises will be on the top! like D2, Majunga, just wait a little bite. I am sure you will like it!
is there any "like" button???!!! LIKE
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #138
Maxou2Nantes

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpaul View Post
As much as I love Paris, I think their new gimmick buildings in La Defense are shit and will date as fast as it takes to put them up.
London's new skyscrapers are far, far superior and will stand the test of time.
Poor Paris, it deserves much better.
London's Skyline is ugly -_- La Défense is more , more And more Impressive, concentrated, beautiful and varied, and she doesn't deform the historic center ( like London )
Maxou2Nantes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #139
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxou2Nantes View Post
London's Skyline is ugly -_- La Défense is more , more And more Impressive, concentrated, beautiful and varied, and she doesn't deform the historic center ( like London )
To me, London is also very beautiful, but density-wise it lacks that what La Defence offers. In London you have to really turn your head 180degrees to see the highrises and spotted in two or three small pockets you see the Docklands/Canary Wharf with One Canada Center in the middle standing out and in the City with Vertigo Tower/Swiss RE and now the Shard on south banks of the river Theems. It would have been much better if the Londeners had planned the financial district better after WWII and had decided to do it the Parisien way. I love to look up and around in London as there is something for any taste to enjoy and behold, but when in Paris, those who love classic renaissance design have their own parts to look at and enjoy, those who love Gothic can do the same as well as those who like Modern and high rise can simply look up and behold La Defence. It is not so spread around that you won't notice it, it is there, it is easily to spot and to enjoy.
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #140
3tmk
Rusty Robot

It is quite challenging to be building this skyscraper so close to those other towers.

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers