daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old December 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #161
Ady001

Likes (Received): 107

gusto ko pa rin yung Bayantel for my broadband connection. I have to admit it's pretty stable in my location though I wish I could have this "on-the-go" kind of connection (laptop-cellphone-etc.)
Ady001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 17th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #162
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Likes (Received): 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by the glimpser View Post
This is good news! Hopefully, tuloy-tuloy na 'to.

House passes measure creating ICT department

Philippine Daily Inquirer
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011

http://business.inquirer.net/35005/h...ict-department
bakit?
di ba nareview na ni Noy to?
at sa kanyang angking talino ay lumabas na di na kailangan, kaya binasura nya ang ICT^ dept na dapat nagawa noon pa?

Video caching helps me save bandwidth
VoIP server is now up and running***!
My computer retail store opening soon!
amigo32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #163
mikael21
'Do the walk of life'

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boypad View Post
Internet keeps government honest – Google chief

Agence France-Presse
12:50 pm | Sunday, November 13th, 2011

HONOLULU – Broader adoption of the Internet will keep governments on their toes as wired-up citizens exercise their newfound power to check rights abuses, Google chief Eric Schmidt said on Saturday.

“In nations and communities around the world, citizens are turning to online tools to keep their governments honest,” he told business leaders on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Honolulu.

“Whistleblowing has never been so easy,” he said.

Schmidt cited demonstrations that toppled the leaders of Tunisia and Egypt in which activists used Facebook to schedule protests, Twitter to coordinate them and YouTube to broadcast the events to the world.

“Online citizens can find like-minded allies, they can find like-minded diasporas from a country,” he said.

With 52 percent of the global population under the age of 30, the youth can have a bigger say on issues because they are the most prolific users of the Internet.

“They are the ones who are online, that’s how you reach them, that’s how they talk to each other. They share applications and proxy and circumvention tools and help magnify each others’ causes,” he said.

But while governments should not ignore online protests, Schmidt also warned that they could be exaggerated.

“It’s easy in the online world to create the impression of a revolution in the form of noise. It’s important to understand what is a legitimate protest and whether it’s just people trying to create some noise… some excitement.”

Greater adoption of the Internet will lead to the creation of two global systems – the physical sphere where the government has power over its people and a virtual world where people can have more influence, he said.

And there’s little place to hide for those who do bad.

Atrocities against citizens can be documented more easily and “we can start trials against evil-doers before (their acts are) even stopped,” he said.

“There are no caves online.”

With only an estimated two billion of the global population of seven billion online, there is still room for expansion, Schmidt said.

http://technology.inquirer.net/6183/...-google-chief/

it is true that internet is a powerful medium of communication wherein people can share their thoughts with the possibility of having heard all over the world.
mikael21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:58 AM   #164
red_jasper
RedCaster

Likes (Received): 275

VP Binay's website hacked on New Year's Day

Quote:
Vice-President Jejomar Binay's website has been hacked again, just a few months after the site was defaced.

The site was accessible Sunday night but instead of government statements, visitors are welcomed by pop-up messages that say "Hacked by PrivateX and Blackrain" and "Hoi Hoi #OpSecure."

A message on the defaced frontdoor of the Office of the Vice President's (OVP) website claimed that the hacking was made by members of Anonymous, a large group of online activists who attack websites of government agencies, institutions, and high-profile organizations worldwide to either reveal vulnerabilities or lash out at perceived wrongdoing.

Other government websites were also defaced by the group on New Year's day.

The hacked websites that went "tango down" include: set.gov.ph, camiguin.gov.ph, and omb.gov.ph.

"Greetings World, Happy New Year! Months had passed when we first wired our sentiments and growing passion of concern to intensify the Information Security here in the Philippines," the statement posted on hacked websites said.

"Occupants of the west are still on the move and in no such time, Manila, will be the center of unethical activities in Asia. For some reasons that is untold, they choose the Philippines to organize a legion that will nullify the entire Philippine Cyberspace. This is what we are afraid of," it claimed.

"The medium of our emphasis in calling out the government's action toward cyber security, and our actions in which this defacement is performed. A change in our society pointing out the role to authorize each and every Filipino citizen through education that is recognizable by its function to contrive in the economy and innovating more concepts in Information Security," it added.

"We lay our hands on the fight against corruption and the call of the #InfoSec. In as much as we offer our wants to oversee every Filipino people have their knowledge to produce and live productively in which the people become other than themselves, and others may discover the Philippines that contain potentials other than it appears," the message said.

The hackers also claimed that "nothing was lost during the process of this defacement."

The "PrivateX" logo on the websites is linked to the group's Facebook page, where they post news on their latest targets.
Full story here

red_jasper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #165
mikael21
'Do the walk of life'

sad to hear this one malupit ang hacker nito!
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #166
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael21 View Post

sad to hear this one malupit ang hacker nito!
mali
mahina ang security ng website ni Binay

Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM   #167
Wind Shear
Missed Opportunities

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo32 View Post
mali
mahina ang security ng website ni Binay
Which is very plausible.

Well, from the looks of it, design-wise, the site is rather old, even the layout of the website is very old.
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #168
Nabartek
leaf shinobi

Likes (Received): 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Shear View Post
Which is very plausible.

Well, from the looks of it, design-wise, the site is rather old, even the layout of the website is very old.
Makita nyo mga website ng government parang website na gawa nung 1998!
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #169
Officialdmcileasing

Likes (Received): 0

I agree.. haha.. Kelangan nila ng bagong web designer..
Officialdmcileasing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #170
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officialdmcileasing View Post
I agree.. haha.. Kelangan nila ng bagong web designer..
si rene salud puede na kaya?

ay, fashion designer pala yun

Old January 5th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #171
mikael21
'Do the walk of life'

Japan developing 'good virus' vs cyberattackers

Chalk one up for the good guys. Japan’s Ministry of Defense is working on a computer virus that can track, identify and disable potential sources of cyberattacks, a Japanese news agency reported this week. The Yomiuri Shimbun said development of the virtual cyberweapon started in 2008 and is being tested in a closed-network environment. “The most distinctive feature of the new virus is its ability to trace cyberattack sources. It can identify not only the immediate source of attack, but also all “springboard” computers used to transmit the virus,” the report said.

The report added that the virus also has the ability to disable the attacking program and collect relevant information. Also, it cited sources as saying the Defense and Foreign Ministries have started legislative consideration on the matter the use of cyberweapons against external parties on foreign attacks.

Read more...
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #172
Ady001

Para palang Bifidus...
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #173
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

hehehe Yakult sarap noon

Old January 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #174
mikael21
'Do the walk of life'

Yakult everyday...everyday ok
Old January 9th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #175
mikael21
'Do the walk of life'

Internet security

MANILA, Philippines — The Senate Committee on Science and Technology Sunday pushed for the passage of two bills that seek greater Internet security following reports of the latest cyber attacks.

Sen. Edgardo Angara, chair of the committee, said Internet security should be a legislative priority of Congress to ensure that Filipinos are protected against cyber crimes such as malware invasion, phishing scams and sexual predation.

Angara made the call following reports of a new computer worm which is targeting users of popular social networking site Facebook and stolen more than 45,000 Facebook login credentials around the world.

Read more...
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #176
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 1571

Affordable music, legal downloads now at Mymusicstore.com.ph
(The Philippine Star) Updated January 23, 2012 12:00 AM
View comments

MANILA, Philippines - Downloading music off the Internet is easy — just ask anyone from today’s generation. They liken it to buying designer coffee: they want it hot, and fast. With a click of a button or a swipe on their touch screens, they can access a music site and listen to their favorite tracks on their gadgets right away.

But not all music downloading sites are created equal. This 2012, music lovers will finally be able to experience the biggest and most innovative music-downloading site in the Philippines — MyMusicStore.com.ph.

MyMusicStore.com.ph is a one-stop mega-shop for all your music download needs. It boasts thousands of songs and albums for you to choose from.

With just a click of a mouse or a touch of your finger, you can instantly enjoy listening to your favorite local and international artists by downloading their music for a minimal fee. Payment is also hassle-free as it can be made through PayPal, credit card or mobile load.

MyMusicStore.com.ph was revealed recently to the public with its launch party at Robot Restaurant and Lounge on Makati Avenue in Makati City.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=71
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #177
Officialdmcileasing

Likes (Received): 0

Parang iTunes sa Pinas!
Officialdmcileasing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #178
Ady001

No offense but we need to showcase our indie talents...

But then again, most indies, while struggling for gigs, are all for free downloads.
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #179
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady001 View Post
No offense but we need to showcase our indie talents...

But then again, most indies, while struggling for gigs, are all for free downloads.
sa technology ngayon, kung maliit na artista ka lang di ka na talaga kikita. alam mo bakit?

dahil sa technology, madali na ma kopya ang kanilang mga kanta, meron akong computer, puede ko ma upload sa file sharing sites, meron akong cellphone with FM radio, record ko na lang ang broadcast to mp3 format then share sa mga kaibigan.

dati plaka lang ang gamit, walang portable recorder, walang DVD/CD recorder, kaya nabibili ang kanilang mga plaka.

Old January 25th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #180
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Aquino’s man no poster boy for antipiracy drive

By Dona Policar
Inquirer Bandera

Someone in the Aquino Cabinet, it seems, is into collecting hot stuff.

More than three months after a high-power assault rifle police discovered in his SUV put him on the spot, Ronald Llamas, presidential adviser on political affairs, may need some more explaining to do.

This time, for apparently ignoring the government campaign against movie piracy.

This writer personally witnessed how Llamas bought a stack of pirated DVDs in one of the stalls at Circle C mall on Congressional Avenue, Quezon City, on Monday night.

With his two barong-clad security aides hovering nearby, Llamas seemed unfazed by the people who recognized him as a Palace insider as he browsed through the illegal merchandise.

Llamas took his time picking his titles, from 7:30 to 8 p.m. He was accompanied by two women who also bought a few DVDs for themselves.

P2,000 worth of DVDs

After paying for the merchandise, he and his companions casually left the stall and headed to the nearest escalator, toting their purchases discreetly in black plastic bags.

A check with the stall vendor revealed that Llamas bought almost P2,000 worth of DVDs that night.

“It’s not a big purchase, but it’s Llamas,” the vendor told this writer in Filipino.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/133563/...tipiracy-drive