daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #521
ceeznic pirate
Racine, WI

Likes (Received): 3323

GKN Driveline invests Rs 48 cr at new forging facility near Chennai

CHENNAI: GKN Driveline on Thursday opened a new precision forging facility at Oragadam near Chennai. It is said to have invested nearly Rs 48 crore at the new facility which will help its CVJ Systems benefit from GKN Driveline's proprietary forging technologies and quality. It will initially employ 60 people.

Quote:
The 5,000-square-metre facility will supply precision forgings to GKN Driveline's Oragadam CVJ Systems manufacturing plant which annually produces 1.2 million sideshafts for automotive manufacturers in South India. The CVJ Systems plant was opened in 2008 to meet the rapidly growing automotive market in India.

"This state-of-the-art forging facility is our first wholly-owned forging facility in the Asia Pacific region and reinforces our commitment to our India-based customers," said Marc Vuarchex, managing director, GKN Driveline Asia Pacific. "Since the early 1980s, we have viewed India as an extremely important market for us. We now employ over 800 people in the country."
Ravindra Ojha, MD, GKN Driveline in India noted, "Our business in India continues to grow at an annual rate of 15 percent, and this investment helps ensure that we will continue to meet our customers growth throughout the region".
Economic Times
ceeznic pirate no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM   #522
vinodhkumar

Likes (Received): 19

Indian Public School at Inno Geocity

The prestigious Indian Public School is setting up their school within Inno Geocity .
vinodhkumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #523
hemavathy.ac

Likes (Received): 0

Can anybody give me the details of upcoming new projects (2012)and plant expansion(2012) in oragadam and sriperumbudur
hemavathy.ac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #524
venkyecs

Last month there was a news in Dhinamalar that Toyota will be setting up a new plant in Oragadam belt and TN govt is in the process of acquiring 500 acres of land.
Is that true? Can anyone provide an update on that?
venkyecs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #525
ranga

Likes (Received): 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemavathy.ac View Post
Can anybody give me the details of upcoming new projects (2012)and plant expansion(2012) in oragadam and sriperumbudur
There may not be new projects coming up anywhere in the country including the above said places as there is break to investments on account of global economic crisis and our country too is going thru economic and industrial production slow down.In fact the manufacturing index for Nov 2011 is -5.1%
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #526
ranga

Likes (Received): 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyecs View Post
Last month there was a news in Dhinamalar that Toyota will be setting up a new plant in Oragadam belt and TN govt is in the process of acquiring 500 acres of land.
Is that true? Can anyone provide an update on that?
No such move.The news is either misleading or the reporter might have misunderstood as Toyota opened only a show room in chennai recently inaugurated by the governor of the state.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #527
venkatm

Likes (Received): 439

All car manufacturers will drag out their new investment plans including those announced by Ford in Gujarat. They will time it in such a way that plant opening will coincide with their predictions of when the Indian economy will recover from current bout of high inflation/falling rupee/misgovernance.
venkatm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #528
murlee
ВANNED

Likes (Received): 4153

Annamalai University alumni body plans industrial park at Oragadam

Quote:
The Annamalai University Engineering & Technology Alumni Association (AUETAA) is planning to develop an industrial park at Oragadam.

According to Mr C.K. Sridhar, President, AUETAA, the association is on the look out for a 50-acre parcel in the city's renowned industrial corridor - Oragadam.

“We are in talks with a couple of land owners and likely to strike a deal soon,” he said. The idea is to utilise the park for captive purpose. The association will invite its members who have small and medium engineering units – particularly auto components and electronics – in various locations to come and set up shop here.

“It will be very difficult for individual entrepreneur to buy a plot in this stretch and set up his unit otherwise,” says Mr Sridhar.

Besides, the alumni body is also set to host a two-day international convention on ‘Contemporary Engineering', in Chennai on January 7 and 8.

The meet is expected to draw experts in various fields from across the world and will discuss diverse issues pertaining to engineering.

It will also have sessions on business opportunities in other countries including the UK, Australia, Germany, Japan and Singapore; and ‘innovation and entrepreneurship'.
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle2752536.ece
murlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM   #529
arun82

Likes (Received): 1490

Nokia to invest Rs 250 cr to revamp India business

New Delhi: Mobile handset market leader Nokia, with manufacturing facility in an SEZ near Chennai, plans to revamp its business in India by infusing fresh investment of Rs 250 crore in the next three years, with potential to create 500 new jobs.

The company has furnished the information with the Commerce Ministry, seeking permission for its restructuring plan. Since the handset manufacturer has a facility in the Special Economic Zone(SEZ), it requires a nod from the Board of Approval (BoA) for effecting changes in its business model.

The BoA, headed by Commerce Secretary Rahul Khullar, will take up the issue at its meeting on January 24, an official said.

Nokia has submitted that with a change in business model and streamlined processes, further investment of Rs 250 crore in India operations by 2014 as well as creation of additional 500 jobs is expected," he said.

The proposal is likely to find favour with the Ministry since the changes in the model "by splitting its business will be revenue neutral for the State and Central government," sources said.

Besides, the new arrangement may be "suitably ring-fenced so as to avoid any misuse by imposition of certain conditions."

At present, the handset major operates in the SEZ through two entities-- Nokia India Sales Private Limited (NISPL) and Nokia India Private Limited (NIPL). The Group has so far invested Rs 1,300 crore and exports over 60 per cent of its production from the Sriperumbudur facility.

Nokia which is battling a tough competition has been on a global restructuring exercise since early 2011. It had even announced to cut 300 jobs in India.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/nokia-to-.../222769-7.html
arun82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM   #530
satishanu

Likes (Received): 776

Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha constituency sanctioned Rs 101.37 Cr

The Union Government has sanctioned Rs 101.37 crore for a comprehensive water supply and drainage scheme and an integrated solid waste management system for Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha constituency.

This was disclosed by Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath in a letter to Sriperumbudur MP and DMK Parliamentary group leader T R Baalu, a release from DMK headquarters here, said. The Union Minister sanctioned the schemes and allotted funds following the representation from Mr Baalu, both in person and through letters, it said.

src: http://news.chennaionline.com/chenna...0f61d0a59a.col
satishanu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #531
murlee
ВANNED

Likes (Received): 4153

Thats nice!! Baalu doing something afterall.. I think he is the only MP who raises infra issues in parliament.. I remember him asking abt Sriperumpudhur airport status as well in the last session..
murlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #532
Arul Murugan

Likes (Received): 3342

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlee View Post
Thats nice!! Baalu doing something afterall.. I think he is the only MP who raises infra issues in parliament.. I remember him asking abt Sriperumpudhur airport status as well in the last session..
It is not only TRB..

http://164.100.47.134/SSRQ/15/VIII/statement%20IV.pdf

Many other MP does it!! but those who have powers and close to powers.. their demand gets pushed, gets shape, approval and also gets implemented.

அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:54 PM   #533
chennaidetroit

Its a DMK initiative so no hope of going anywhere for another 4 years, DOA
chennaidetroit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #534
karkal

Likes (Received): 7537

Are you saying C. Govt (DMK) will just do an announcement and not execute the project for the next 4 years till they come back to power.

I know these guys don't care about the state but not to this scale.
karkal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #535
kvijayasundaram

Likes (Received): 201

Kay Arr Gateway

source: http://www.mcbassetz.com/kay-arr-gateway
kvijayasundaram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:44 AM   #536
e_arunsid
sid

Likes (Received): 147

This may be out of context..But would need a small help.

This weekend I m planning to drive to Bangalore from Chromepet in Chennai. Google-maps shows "Tambaram-Sriperumbudur" Strech which joins onto NH4 to be the shortest (29Kms only). What is the condition of this road. Is it motorable ?

On my last drive to bangalore and back I took Chennai Bypass but the distance to Sriperumbudur is close to 57Kms via this route.

Any help on this would be great..
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:30 AM   #537
arun82

Likes (Received): 1490

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_arunsid View Post
This may be out of context..But would need a small help.

This weekend I m planning to drive to Bangalore from Chromepet in Chennai. Google-maps shows "Tambaram-Sriperumbudur" Strech which joins onto NH4 to be the shortest (29Kms only). What is the condition of this road. Is it motorable ?

On my last drive to bangalore and back I took Chennai Bypass but the distance to Sriperumbudur is close to 57Kms via this route.

Any help on this would be great..
there are two routes in this stretch

Route 1 : Tambaram-Mudichur-Manivakkam-Oragadam-Vallakottai-SRPD - 29 kms- 583 route - Road really good except for some stretch in mudichur road and near oragadam junction

Route 2- Tambaram-Mudichur-Manimangalam-SRPD-18kms- 583C route- road really bad in many stretch -If you are not driving a SUV dont try this route.
arun82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:12 PM   #538
e_arunsid
sid

Thanks Arun.

BTW. Route 1(SH57+SH48) shows 44 kms on Google maps and Route 2 shows 29Kms (SH110).

Since route 2 is really bad as u said...I may opt for my old route which is via Chennai Bypass to poonamalle and then from there to SRPD..Roads are really good and I dont mind that additional 10Kms .. if Route 2 was good , I would have definetly opted for it.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #539
Ramakrishnan Sitaram

Arun, stretch starting the right turn from Mudichur Road towards Manimangalam till the next 7 kilometers are being relaid... It is all done but the black top... It will be an excellent stretch once completed... But not good as we speak... I drove last week from Tambaram to Navalur Village where JK Tyre Plan have recently started their operation... Entire stretch was very bumpy due to road relaying activities... I would suggest you take Route 1 suggested by Arun82 i.e. Tambaram-Mudichur-Manivakkam-Oragadam-Vallakottai-SRPD - 29 kms- 583 route - Road really good except for some stretch in mudichur road and near oragadam junction
Ramakrishnan Sitaram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #540
e_arunsid
sid

Thanks Ram,

Have sent u a PM..Would be great if you could reply there..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: