daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Northeast and MidAtlantic

Northeast and MidAtlantic » Development News | Includes DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, VT, NH, MA, ME

Old February 6th, 2012, 05:44 AM   #121
DZH22

Likes (Received): 190

Drowning my sorrows with skyscrapers

DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #122
DShoost88

Likes (Received): 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbur66 View Post
I will be in Boston later this year (May 21-24) and I'm looking forward to it. I will be staying downtown, at the Harborside Inn. Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable taxi fare from Logan to downtown? Also, any tips on what not to miss while I'm there would be greatly appreciated (going as a couple).
For $2, you can just take the "T" (Boston's subway) from Logan Airport's "Airport" T station to the "Aquarium" T station. It is literally only two stops from the airport and will save you $12-$15 compared to what a taxi would charge you from the airport.

If you want to take a scenic journey, however, you can do a ferry from the Airport to the Aquarium for $10. It's still cheaper than a cab and drops you off pretty much right in front of your hotel.
DShoost88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #123
Chadoh25

Likes (Received): 705

Great photos!
Chadoh25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #124
massp88

Likes (Received): 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbur66 View Post
I will be in Boston later this year (May 21-24) and I'm looking forward to it. I will be staying downtown, at the Harborside Inn. Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable taxi fare from Logan to downtown? Also, any tips on what not to miss while I'm there would be greatly appreciated (going as a couple).
As another poster mentioned, you could always take the T from Logan to downtown. The Blue Line will drop you at the Aquarium and State Street as well.

There is a lot to do and see in Boston. Such as:

A Duck Tour (I think Boston was the first, or one of the first cities with these tours)
The Museum of Science
The MFA (Museum of Fine Arts)
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (they just opened up the new expansion)
Walk the Freedom Trail (Including Bunker Hill)
Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall
Harvard Square up in Cambridge
Beacon Hill (Nice to walk around)
The Public Gardens and Boston Common
The Esplanade (if you can sail, you can rent a small boat and take it out on the Charles River)
The New England Aquarium
Whale Watch
The Harbor Islands
The North End (Nice Italian food)
Newbury Street and Copley Place Mall/The Pru (shopping)

You are coming at a great time. The weather will be awesome and it's right at the start of when all the tourists from Europe and Asia start coming into the city. Boston is a very easy city to get around and is very walkable.
massp88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #125
VelesHomais
aspiring cyborg

Likes (Received): 3238

Loved these last pictures, Boston looks quite imposing on them!
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #126
Marbur66

Likes (Received): 2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by DShoost88 View Post
For $2, you can just take the "T" (Boston's subway) from Logan Airport's "Airport" T station to the "Aquarium" T station. It is literally only two stops from the airport and will save you $12-$15 compared to what a taxi would charge you from the airport.

If you want to take a scenic journey, however, you can do a ferry from the Airport to the Aquarium for $10. It's still cheaper than a cab and drops you off pretty much right in front of your hotel.
Great. Thanks for your input.
Marbur66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #127
DZH22

Old February 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #128
DZH22

More "Vertical Boston"

Old February 19th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #129
DZH22

From yesterday

Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM   #130
raxel

Likes (Received): 0

Hi

Woow Boston looks very very nice!!!
hi guys im from México, im looking for an apartment or aguesthouse because i going to work in Boston, i would like if someone could help me to find something cheap, i dont know the city, but i gonig to work in the omni parker hotel i would like a near place. if someone could tell me a accessible neighborhood I'll be very grateful Thanks!!!
raxel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #131
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 14891

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #132
tmac14wr

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxel View Post
Woow Boston looks very very nice!!!
hi guys im from México, im looking for an apartment or aguesthouse because i going to work in Boston, i would like if someone could help me to find something cheap, i dont know the city, but i gonig to work in the omni parker hotel i would like a near place. if someone could tell me a accessible neighborhood I'll be very grateful Thanks!!!
You chose the wrong thread haha...this is strictly photos. However, you can probably find some helpful responses here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/boston/

City-Data should be able to help you out well.

Good luck!
tmac14wr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #133
Enzo

Likes (Received): 3379

Cool pics!
Congrats, DZH22!
Enzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #134
Comfortably Numb
Registered Snoozer

Likes (Received): 224

A few random pics of Downtown Boston taken earlier today:

Comfortably Numb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #135
SonTra

Likes (Received): 0

Love Boston
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #136
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 14891

Great shots!
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #137
Chadoh25

Likes (Received): 705

Awesome photos! Can't wait to see Boston!
Chadoh25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #138
Comfortably Numb
Registered Snoozer

Boston is indeed a great city. I love the fact that you can WALK from the financial district to the docks to the common to Beacon Hill. The diversity of architecture is quite amazing and the skyscrapers are great too.

As I'm relatively new to the area, can anyone recommend any good vantage points in which to capture the skyline? I would imagine east is best, maye from somewhere in Chelsea or Revere? Being close to the T or commuter rail would be a plus as I don't like to drive into the city.
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #139
Shawn

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Boston is indeed a great city. I love the fact that you can WALK from the financial district to the docks to the common to Beacon Hill. The diversity of architecture is quite amazing and the skyscrapers are great too.

As I'm relatively new to the area, can anyone recommend any good vantage points in which to capture the skyline? I would imagine east is best, maye from somewhere in Chelsea or Revere? Being close to the T or commuter rail would be a plus as I don't like to drive into the city.
Really good vantage points from Charlestown actually, especially from the top of the Bunker Hill Monument (you can climb up).

Another great in-the-city view can be had at The Madonna Shrine in Oriental Heights, East Boston.

Or looking North from the South, the skyline looks impressively long from the top of the Arnold Arboretum in JP.

Outside the city proper, there are great views looking South from both the Fells Reservation in Malden/Medford and from Mt Auburn Cemetery on then Watertown-Cambridge border - this view is especially nice in how it layers Cambridge's skyline in front of Beacon Hill.

The Blue Hill observatory south of the city (it's in either Milton or Canton, I forget) also is pretty nice, although a bit further away. On the plus side, you can also make out the Providence skyline from Blue Hill on a clear day.
Shawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #140
Comfortably Numb
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Really good vantage points from Charlestown actually, especially from the top of the Bunker Hill Monument (you can climb up).

Another great in-the-city view can be had at The Madonna Shrine in Oriental Heights, East Boston.

Or looking North from the South, the skyline looks impressively long from the top of the Arnold Arboretum in JP.

Outside the city proper, there are great views looking South from both the Fells Reservation in Malden/Medford and from Mt Auburn Cemetery on then Watertown-Cambridge border - this view is especially nice in how it layers Cambridge's skyline in front of Beacon Hill.

The Blue Hill observatory south of the city (it's in either Milton or Canton, I forget) also is pretty nice, although a bit further away. On the plus side, you can also make out the Providence skyline from Blue Hill on a clear day.
Thank you Shawn! I'll bookmark this page so I can go back to it for future reference. I have to get some skyline shots next, some night shots too.

Tags
boston, boston gallery, photos