daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Photo Galleries > Urban Kenya

Urban Kenya Cityscapes, skylines and urban photos

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #41
sseki2010
Hustler 4rm kampala

Likes (Received): 53

whts da biggest ov all..kampalaz nakumatt is huge, i saw also lifestyle is also huge
sseki2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #42
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
There are currently 33 Nakumatt stores.

Kenya - 27
Uganda - 4 (Kampala)
Rwanda - 1 (Kigali)
Tanzania - 1 (Moshi)
Expecting one in Dar @ Dar Village Mall...
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #43
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseki2010 View Post
whts da biggest ov all..kampalaz nakumatt is huge, i saw also lifestyle is also huge
The largest one must be Nakumatt mega on Uhuru highway but I could be wrong. I don't know any other Nakumatt where you get virtually everything under one roof from cars to whole bathroom setups.

Sseki. When they complete the Acacia mall, they will probably have Kampala's largest Nakumatt in there.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #44
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantugbro View Post
Expecting one in Dar @ Dar Village Mall...
Expect a couple of them in Dar in the coming years. As well as most of the major urban areas in TZ.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #45
xJamaax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
Expect a couple of them in Dar in the coming years. As well as most of the major urban areas in TZ.
I'm surprised how Nakumatt has not expanded into TZ for all that time.Is it because of the "anti-Kenyan" attitude?
xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #46
Kenguy

Its getting bigger

Quote:
Nakumatt Sets Sight on African Coverage

Regional retailer, Nakumatt Holdings, has set its corporate expansion sight towards a continental coverage as it embarks on its second growth phase.

Ahead of its scheduled Tanzania branch opening in coming weeks, Nakumatt Holdings has confirmed plans to enter other key markets within the Southern Africa, Western and Horn of Africa regions as part of its next growth phase in the next five years.

As part of Nakumatt’s expansion, plans are already underway to open its first store in Tanzania to be located in Moshi town.

Speaking during a corporate dinner hosted for its business partners, Nakumatt Holdings Managing Director Mr. Atul Shah disclosed that the firm has embarked on its second growth phase in a project code named Nakumatt 2.0 that will focus on continental expansion.

While updating the hundreds of partners at Nakumatt Head office, Shah further disclosed that Nakumatt Holdings has this year achieved a 15 per cent organic growth and 25 per cent overall growth over last year. Going by the current growth rate, Shah expressed optimism that the firm will be closing the year with a projected Kshs 40Billion turnover.

“Through a project code named Nakumatt 2.0, we have now embarked on a feasibility study to facilitate our entry to such countries as Burundi, Zambia, South Sudan, DRC, Nigeria, Botswana and Malawi,” Shah explained.

And added: “this year will also be marked by our return to the Nakumatt birth town of Nakuru where we shall be opening our 35th store in November.”

During the occasion, Shah expressed gratitude to the firm’s business partners who had continued to lend a helping hand particularly what he described as the recent; eventful few years filled with many challenges and opportunities.

While singling out the support received from four local leading banks, Shah explained that Nakumatt’s much publicized efforts to bring on board a strategic partner were also shelved and in its place a consortium of the banks brought on board.

“The much publicized efforts to bring on board a strategic partner were also shelved and in its place a consortium of four local banks namely - Standard Chartered, Diamond Trust, Bank of Africa and KCB came on board to support Nakumatt’s growth and vision,” Shah explained.

As a goodwill and gratitude gesture and to raise further capital to drive the retailer’s growth, Nakumatt Holdings, Shah, said will also be seeking to share its success with its staff, customers and suppliers by listing at the regional stock exchanges in coming years.

“As esteemed partners and suppliers, we shall most definitely be counting on your support as we also seek to share the Nakumatt cake by listing at the regional stock exchanges in due course,” Shah explained.

And added: “In the meantime, we are considering and exploring the support of potential equity investors to participate in our second growth phase.”
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #47
xJamaax

Good news!It's about time we also have Africa-wide brands with Kenyan origin!
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #48
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJamaax View Post
I'm surprised how Nakumatt has not expanded into TZ for all that time.Is it because of the "anti-Kenyan" attitude?
We unaumwa kweli...
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #49
ernestombayo7
Veteran

Likes (Received): 259

Nakumatt should tread carefully with its aggressive expansion plans.It might become cash strapped very fast.I think they should consolidate the East African markets first before venturing into highly competitive markets like Nigeria.
ernestombayo7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #50
Malaika254

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestombayo7 View Post
Nakumatt should tread carefully with its aggressive expansion plans.It might become cash strapped very fast.I think they should consolidate the East African markets first before venturing into highly competitive markets like Nigeria.
Was going to say the same thing!
Malaika254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:01 AM   #51
èđđeůx
DrEameR

Likes (Received): 1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestombayo7 View Post
For real, they haven't even opened in Tanzania yet but want to expand to other regions of Africa. Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan (someday), Rwanda, Burundi, and possibly Ethiopia (idk its gov't policy towards foreign retailers) is more than enough for Nakumatt for now.

Get set up nicely in these countries, then make a plan to spread to other regions of Africa. Nakumatt needs 5 year plans.
èđđeůx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #52
Mintali
Engineer d's art't enjoys

Likes (Received): 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Nakumatt opening in Nakuru?
Its a pity Nakumatt owes its name to Nakuru _Nakuru Mattress_ yet Nakuru does not have a Nakumatt. However they are putting up one at Old Nairobi road near the over pass diverting to the city centre
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #53
Mintali
Engineer d's art't enjoys

Likes (Received): 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
The largest one must be Nakumatt mega on Uhuru highway but I could be wrong. I don't know any other Nakumatt where you get virtually everything under one roof from cars to whole bathroom setups.

Sseki. When they complete the Acacia mall, they will probably have Kampala's largest Nakumatt in there.
Dude are you serious? Nakumatt Mega could be the smallest Nakumatt in Nairobi if they had not rented those few stores along Moi Avenue and Haille Selasie Avenue. The largest Nakumatt is actually the Mega City in Kisumu. The largest Nakumatt in Nairobi is actually Nakumatt Junction. It looks small due to its low height but its vast.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #54
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintali View Post
Dude are you serious? Nakumatt Mega could be the smallest Nakumatt in Nairobi if they had not rented those few stores along Moi Avenue and Haille Selasie Avenue. The largest Nakumatt is actually the Mega City in Kisumu. The largest Nakumatt in Nairobi is actually Nakumatt Junction. It looks small due to its low height but its vast.
Ok. I was just giving my opinion. As I said, I could be wrong.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #55
desert burner
real gooner

Likes (Received): 28

i guess its Nairobi mega
desert burner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 12:49 PM   #56
Kenguy

image hosted on flickr
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #57
mwinyi

Likes (Received): 368

guys Im looking for Nakumatt Moshi Tanzania photos

anyone?
mwinyi está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #58
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinyi View Post
guys Im looking for Nakumatt Moshi Tanzania photos

anyone?
They will appear sooner or later. Though I'll try and get some.
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #59
xJamaax

Nakumatt is afraid of a rapid TZ expansion?

They've been very slow at coming up with new outlets there.
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #60
mwinyi

Likes (Received): 368

bump...
mwinyi está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote