daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #21101
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Likes (Received): 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigidig14 View Post
sino si lolo in blue
It's nice to be his Apo siya lang naman si Mr. Washington Sycip founder of Asian Institute of Managemnent at President yata ng LTP basta higher post.

Last edited by Aerolineas; February 14th, 2012 at 05:26 AM.
Aerolineas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 14th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #21102
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolineas View Post
It's nice to his Apo siya lang naman si Mr. Washington Sycip founder of Asian Institute of Managemnent at President yata ng LTP basta higher post.
Yuong matandang maliit na chinese na nakablue ang tinatanong ni tigidig.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #21103
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
Yuong matandang maliit na chinese na nakablue ang tinatanong ni tigidig.

Mr.Washington Sycip Chairman ng Lufthansa Technik Philippines Yung naka Blue na lolo
Gusto mo pa yata pati Wikipedia Sir ito sya Oh close Up! na.

Last edited by Aerolineas; February 14th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Aerolineas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #21104
step22
Rookie

Likes (Received): 15

Regular flight ba yung Mihin Lanka to manila?
step22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #21105
mwg12a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolineas View Post
[
Mr.Washington Sycip Chairman ng Lufthansa Technik Philippines Yung naka Blue na lolo
Gusto mo pa yata pati Wikipedia Sir ito sya Oh close Up! na.
sosyal ang pangalan ni Lolo akala ko last name ang washington, hindi ko kase kilala yan. I guess ang Chinese name na filipinized niya is Sy or Sycip. Parang mga Uytengo or Liangco, chinese ang mga origin pero medyo ginawang filipinized ang chinese names nila nuong mga ninuno nila. Ito pala ang may ari ng Luftansa teknik diyan...

Last edited by mwg12a; February 14th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #21106
Bosnyboy

Likes (Received): 1576

So whats your point in that observation?
Bosnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #21107
mwg12a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnyboy View Post
So whats your point in that observation?
Why is it your business that you had the urge to just butt in?? If it does not concern you, IMO, you can mind our own business...
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #21108
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Quote:
sosyal ang pangalan ni Lolo akala ko last name ang washington, hindi ko kase kilala yan. I guess ang Chinese name na filipinized niya is Sy or Sycip. Parang mga Uytengo or Liangco, chinese ang mga origin pero medyo ginawang filipinized ang chinese names nila nuong mga ninuno nila. Ito pala ang may ari ng Luftansa teknik diyan...
If ever you pass by to Makati you will find a Pocket Park New York Style name after him opposite to Legaspi Active Park.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #21109
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
OT: He is one of the most prominent Filipino-Chinese around. Sobrang dami ng honorary chairmanship ng tao na to. Old school gentleman.

Aside from founding AIM, he is also one of the founders of the famous accounting firm SGV.
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #21110
calbayognon

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Hala di mo kilala ang founder ng SGV? The famous accounting firm.
calbayognon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #21111
mwg12a

Yeah sorry, hindi ko kilala. But it's good to know that he is famous and contributing to the Philippine economy by creating more job for the people. Each time I would visit there in the Philippines. I usually just pay attention with the surroundings and the new developments as well as the vacation spots more or less, so, movie stars, celebrities and prominent business tycoons unless they are the usual obvious, I don't really notice it.
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #21112
Fraulein

Likes (Received): 17

I went to Singapore last Monday (Feb 13) and I used NAIA Terminal 1 (for my flight to Singapore via Jetstar. In fairness, maganda na sa paningin ko ang airport. Friendly na rin ang mga staff. We were assigned at Gate 15. Naku, hagdanan lang at kawawa ang tita ko dahil Senior Citizen na sya, hindi gaanong makababa ng maayos.

My travel blog: http://thesimplertraveler.blogspot.com/
More Fun in the Philippines!
Fraulein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #21113
thescene

Likes (Received): 31

http://www.bworldonline.com/content....AIA-3&id=46671

Gov’t in talks with Takenaka for more work at NAIA-3

Gov’t in talks with Takenaka for more work at NAIA-3

0 Email0 0 ShareThisNew

THE GOVERNMENT may again tap Japanese contractor Takenaka Corp., which has complained of not receiving payment for the unfinished Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 (NAIA-3), for more work on the facility if talks on costing go well, a Cabinet official yesterday said.
RELATED STORIES

Piatco drops Singapore lawsuit, will pursue compensation claim
PIATCo mulls legal options after setback
Gov’t open to Takenaka finishing NAIA-3 work
Gov’t gains ground in airport ownership

“Our negotiation with Takenaka is in good direction,” Transportation department Secretary Manuel A. Roxas III said in a press briefing yesterday.

“The $20-30 million we were previously negotiating on the costing and pricing [has been cut] to more or less on the $10 million,” Mr. Roxas claimed, referring to the payment for an additional 23 jobs that range from baggage handling system’s flight information displays, and a local area network.

“It is expected that in a couple of weeks, we will reach the best price from Takenaka and we will know if we will let them complete the construction... or the government will be the one that will execute the construction,” Mr. Roxas said.

Takenaka was the primary subcontractor of Philippine International Air Terminals Co., Inc. (Piatco), the builder of NAIA-3, which had filed suit against the government over the cancellation of its contract and the expropriation of the facility.

The NAIA-3 contract, awarded to Piatco in 1997 during the Estrada administration, was declared irregular by the Arroyo government in 2002.

Takenaka has joined in the dispute and is also seeking compensation.

However, Mr. Roxas earlier said that Takenaka might be asked to finish its job as long as the service comes at a reasonable price, according to earlier reports.

Meanwhile, in the event that the government and Takenaka will not reach into an agreement, Mr. Roxas said delivery and construction of the 23 systems would be bid out.

“The government can do the 23 systems, but we don’t have the capacity do the integration,” he said.

Mr. Roxas had said talks with Takenaka had been made possible after a Pasay City Regional Trial Court (RTC) last in October last year allowed the government to set up an escrow account for compensation determined in decision issued earlier this year.

In May, the Pasay RTC ruled the government owed Piatco $175.78 million for the NAIA-3’s expropriation, only a fifth of the builder’s claim of $846.42 million and less than half of a special Board of Commissioners’ recommendation that the consortium be paid $376.14 million.

Mr. Roxas said that the government is ready to pay the $175 million, but Piatco is still contesting the amount in court.

German firm Fraport AG, a major investor of the Piatco consortium,had said it would also claim compensation for the facility. -- Cliff Harvey C. Venzon
thescene no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #21114
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

Likes (Received): 2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraulein View Post
I went to Singapore last Monday (Feb 13) and I used NAIA Terminal 1 (for my flight to Singapore via Jetstar. In fairness, maganda na sa paningin ko ang airport. Friendly na rin ang mga staff. We were assigned at Gate 15. Naku, hagdanan lang at kawawa ang tita ko dahil Senior Citizen na sya, hindi gaanong makababa ng maayos.
Pictures!
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #21115
Ph Man
Manila, PH

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambo View Post
meron na bang na service na a-380 dyan...di bah ngayon balita may mga cracks yong a-380 planes..sanah dyan na lang ipaayos
I asked somebody working at LT to let me know once QF starts flying to MNL for the refurbishment. I hope he took it seriously.
Ph Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #21116
majaba98

Likes (Received): 0

Yeah, would be great to have some photographs of that big bird in Manila.
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #21117
Sou-jiro
Left Midfielder-UnionFC

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph Man View Post
I asked somebody working at LT to let me know once QF starts flying to MNL for the refurbishment. I hope he took it seriously.
hhehe let me know man! i'll be lurking along the tall grasses of the runway with my long lense. I'll hide in the grasses. I hope there are no snakes there.
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #21118
Sou-jiro
Left Midfielder-UnionFC

Likes (Received): 7

I hope SEAir gets another competitor on the Manila Batanes Route...airfares there are so expansive because they have monopoly using they're 19 seater Dorniers. Its been said both Airphils and Cebupac refuses to fly as even theyre Q400 and ATR-72 are too big and they may not be able to fill it up on the way to Batanes let alone on flights back as even SEAair does NOT always have a full load on they're Dorniers on the way back to Manila.

Unless Skypasada can get larger aircrafts i wont be comfortable flying on they're aircrafts from Manila to Batanes.
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #21119
habagatcentral1
Nomad of South Central

Likes (Received): 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou-jiro View Post
I hope SEAir gets another competitor on the Manila Batanes Route...airfares there are so expansive because they have monopoly using they're 19 seater Dorniers. Its been said both Airphils and Cebupac refuses to fly as even theyre Q400 and ATR-72 are too big and they may not be able to fill it up on the way to Batanes let alone on flights back as even SEAair does NOT always have a full load on they're Dorniers on the way back to Manila.

Unless Skypasada can get larger aircrafts i wont be comfortable flying on they're aircrafts from Manila to Batanes.
Also, I think its a one way in-one way out runway. Quite risky for bigger craft if there is a tailwind.
habagatcentral1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #21120
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

Likes (Received): 2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou-jiro View Post

Flown with SEAIR from Manila to Basco and back. Surprisingly the ride was smoother than I've expected. I also prefer that Batanes wont be open up for mass tourism. Batanes sits on a very delicate ecosystem, it's also a protected area. I think they should consider building a niche for luxury tourism instead.

We have to understand, not all destinations are created equal. God forbid they turn Batanes into Puerto Galera.