daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Miami

Miami Includes Broward and Palm Beach Counties » Development News

Old February 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #4101
Hia-leah JDM

Likes (Received): 4543

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Hia-leah JDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 14th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #4102
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 12556

This is a great photo! ^ I'd like to see more from this particular photographer. Definitely taken with a better camera than my Nikon D5000. Notice he chose an angle that an incorporates the maximum number of skyscrapers that can be captured in one frame and makes the skyline look really dense and full.

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4103
CF221

Likes (Received): 566

I think it's photoshopped... there's no way the sun sets to the South when it always sets to the West... beautiful nonetheless...

CF221 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4104
dave8721

Likes (Received): 3185

Looks like it was taken from "Quantum" on the Bay so it would make sense that you would like the angle

dave8721 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #4105
Hia-leah JDM

Likes (Received): 4543

Wish I knew who took it, I just randomly found it on Tumblr.

Hia-leah JDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #4106
miami305

Location: Today: Miami, Florida..moving back to Europe (Paris) in the future.
Likes (Received): 702

Photoshopped

miami305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #4107
miami1

Likes (Received): 510

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

miami1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4108
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 180

Does Miami city planning intend for the downtown to be so sterile and retail-free when they allowed all this development?

For a place that is popular with Brazilians I'm surprised.. One would think that there would be far more activity on the streets.

I hear there are some big retail projects coming up, but it seems odd to me that retail wasn't mandated at ground level in those condos. A good way to create a sterile neighborhood.

Where is the shopping and dining and street activity in Miami? Why do I need to go to another city to get that (S. beach)?

Tell me where I can go to enjoy walking around MIAMI itself...where is a good place to appreciate the city and see Brazilians and South American shopping and enjoying their time after they have bought all those second homes?

aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #4109
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3 View Post
Street level shots please. I want to see pedestrian activity in the Brickell neighborhood. I also would like to see shots of retail and restaurants in that area, south of the Miami River. I'm less concerned with downtown - of course there are people milling about there. Just trying to get a feel for how Brickell residents live - do they actually stay in the area to shop and do they walk the streets? Or do they cruise down to Coconut Grove or to the beach? Have a college buddy now living in Mint (and of course my dad lived in Atlantis in the 80s when it was the cool building - very "dead" back then).

Also, would like to see shots of condos/rentals that do street level retail. That is a big requirement here in Atlanta, but I'm not sure it's as prominent down in Brickell where many of the buildings are gated off.

On that note, could we do a building by building run - I would like to see a shot of the building, name, rentals or condos, price points, % occupancy if known, # units, etc. I am very curious. I know this is a long project - I am working on the same for Atlanta. Residential only please. I know a good deal about Miami's office buildings - tenants, GLA, rents, pass throughs, developer, owner, purchase price/basis, etc etc. I need info for rentals and condos please.

And once again - street shots, street shots, street shots please.
Nobody answered you... telling. It appears that Miami is not that kind of city, and that most people don't walk around the city. It appears its just a drive through city and offices/condos. Until I see evidence to the contrary that is.

I want to see also people on the street.. where do all these condo owners go to play and live? Do they just drive everywhere? If so, a pox on your house.

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #4110
Dale

Likes (Received): 1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Nobody answered you... telling. It appears that Miami is not that kind of city, and that most people don't walk around the city. It appears its just a drive through city and offices/condos. Until I see evidence to the contrary that is.

I want to see also people on the street.. where do all these condo owners go to play and live? Do they just drive everywhere? If so, a pox on your house.
You seem kind of stuffy and pretentious. Maybe you're just overstimulated.

Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #4111
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
You seem kind of stuffy and pretentious. Maybe you're just overstimulated.
Huh?

Nobody answered the guy's questions, which is quite telling that there is very little actual CITY in Miami... it is just canyons of sterile buildings. If not, show me.

Where is the center of Miami, where is the shopping street, where are restaurants, where is the meetings place?

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #4112
Paul305

Likes (Received): 617

Quote:
Does Miami city planning intend for the downtown to be so sterile and retail-free when they allowed all this development?

For a place that is popular with Brazilians I'm surprised.. One would think that there would be far more activity on the streets.

I hear there are some big retail projects coming up, but it seems odd to me that retail wasn't mandated at ground level in those condos. A good way to create a sterile neighborhood.

Where is the shopping and dining and street activity in Miami? Why do I need to go to another city to get that (S. beach)?

Tell me where I can go to enjoy walking around MIAMI itself...where is a good place to appreciate the city and see Brazilians and South American shopping and enjoying their time after they have bought all those second homes?
Street-level interaction is terrible in downtown. During the day, you can find a lot of people around Flagler, near the courthouse and around the Miami-Dade College campus. However, these areas become ghost towns at night. The only time there are ever people in downtown Miami at night is when there is a special event like a concert or a Heat game and those crowds tend to stay really close to Biscayne Blvd. since the rest of downtown is so shady. Brickell, on the other hand, has plenty of activity on the street during the day and at night, particularly around Mary Brickell Village and along Brickell Ave. This wasn't the case only a few years ago but as restaurants and stores started to occupy the commercial spaces at the bases of the many condo buildings built in the last boom, people started coming out in droves. Hopefully, with a little more in-fill in Park West and the rest of downtown, we will start to see people venturing out more in those areas.

Paul305 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #4113
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul305 View Post
Street-level interaction is terrible in downtown. During the day, you can find a lot of people around Flagler, near the courthouse and around the Miami-Dade College campus. However, these areas become ghost towns at night. The only time there are ever people in downtown Miami at night is when there is a special event like a concert or a Heat game and those crowds tend to stay really close to Biscayne Blvd. since the rest of downtown is so shady. Brickell, on the other hand, has plenty of activity on the street during the day and at night, particularly around Mary Brickell Village and along Brickell Ave. This wasn't the case only a few years ago but as restaurants and stores started to occupy the commercial spaces at the bases of the many condo buildings built in the last boom, people started coming out in droves. Hopefully, with a little more in-fill in Park West and the rest of downtown, we will start to see people venturing out more in those areas.
Ok, so I see no need to move there. I'm surprised all those South Americans like Miami when there is no streetlife downtown.

What the hell would somebody from Rio do in downtown Miami?

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #4114
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul305 View Post
Ok, so I see no need to move there. I'm surprised all those South Americans like Miami when there is no streetlife downtown.

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #4115
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:

Probably nobody answered him because they simply don't have the time and energy. I certainly get tired of arguing with people about what Miami is not. I'm only interested in what it is becoming. There are lots more people walking around downtown and a lot more street activity than just a few short years ago. I could produce the kinds of photos that Simms3 is referring to, but I simply have no interest. I love walking around Brickell Village and Brickell Citicentre is on the way along with more retail. I'm sorry, but myself and many others of the Miami forum simply get tired of answering the same questions over and over. We'll just enjoying living here. I see no need to move anywhere else. I'm where I want to be, thank you!

My photo threads:

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #4116
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Probably nobody answered him because they simply don't have the time and energy. I certainly get tired of arguing with people about what Miami is not. I'm only interested in what it is becoming. There are lots more people walking around downtown and a lot more street activity than just a few short years ago. I could produce the kinds of photos that Simms3 is referring to, but I simply have no interest. I love walking around Brickell Village and Brickell Citicentre is on the way along with more retail. I'm sorry, but myself and many others of the Miami forum simply get tired of answering the same questions over and over. We'll just enjoying living here. I see no need to move anywhere else. I'm where I want to be, thank you!
I understand, but it can't become a vibrant area is there are too few retail spaces on the ground level of these condos.

Last edited by aquablue; February 20th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #4117
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
I understand now what kind of city Miami is now. There are no photos of street life because there isn't much.
Everybody who really knows me knows that as a photographer I have little interest in people shots or street life photos. I also have no interests in pleasing you or proving you wrong. Think whatever you want to think. Miami has changed rapidly for the better over the past ten years and will continue to do so over the next 10 years.

My photo threads:

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #4118
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
I understand, but it can't become a vibrant area is there are too few retail spaces on the ground level of these condos.
Would you please just wait a few years? I understand you not wanting to live here for whatever reason, but right now, I really don't care. As of late, I've been working hard on bringing back the Miami Marine Stadium as an entertain venue.

My photo threads:

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #4119
South Florida

Likes (Received): 539

Dear AquaBlue, Miami is not your average city.... Their are Many Other Medium to Small Sized Cities in Close Proximaty, in it's general area, less than 10-20 miles away. You have coral gables and miracle mile, you have downtown dadeland via the Metrorail. You have downtown coral gables.

Now as more and more people begin to take residence in the condos of downtown, more retail and services will follow.

With Brickell Citi Centre arriving to downtown soon, that retail will be incoming.

South Florida no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM   #4120
South Florida

Likes (Received): 539

Brickell Citi-Centre:

South Florida no está en línea   Reply With Quote