daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #30161
I Know

Likes (Received): 5

Yes good points you make.

You also must of heard about the Land banking scam that was going on in the UK, they tried to fleece people here as I saw a stand at the Mazaya centre on SZR.

Green belt farm land divided into plots and sold with a promise of planning that they knew full well was never going to happen.

If you can see the gravy train.

Your already too LATE

I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #30162
speculator

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Know View Post

Yes good points you make.

You also must of heard about the Land banking scam that was going on in the UK, they tried to fleece people here as I saw a stand at the Mazaya centre on SZR.

Green belt farm land divided into plots and sold with a promise of planning that they knew full well was never going to happen.

Not only heard of it: I nearly get sucked into that one. It was only when I saw one being pushed local to me that I saw the light as I was very well aquainted with the green belt. It was a massive scam and to be honest the smartest of us can get caught out.
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #30163
Paid-User

Likes (Received): 0

New Wind investors

Go to the Wind Tower site www.windtowers.net for the latest anouncement. There seems to be good news - maybe?
Paid-User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #30164
mowy2611

So how come construction is commencing and most investors didn't pay?

For those who didn't pay, have you received any official notice from RERA?

Has anyone spoken to ACI recently?
mowy2611 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #30165
I Know

Likes (Received): 5

Not only are Mosques required in the new Dubai areas to provide worshippers ease in new residential areas like JBR, Marina and JLT to name a few, people are calling for Prayer rooms at all metro stations too.

Will be good for the real estate market as Muslims will prefer to live near a Mosque, can commute on the metro and have all the facilities they would require

Quote:
Prayer rooms required

Public transport users should be provided the facility to pray at Dubai Metro stations

Gulf News Published: 00:00 February 16, 2012

Image Credit: Illustration By Dana A. Shams/©Gulf News

Gulf News reader Sheeba Nazar wanted to draw the attention of the authorities to the lack of prayer rooms at Dubai Metro stations.

She wrote: ‘There are no prayer rooms in the Metro stations.

A prayer room doesn’t take much space and there are such rooms in other public places, like the malls.

So, why not in the stations?

The authorities should have one built at every stop so that public transport users have a proper place to pray.

Comments (11)

Added 18:12 February 16, 2012
it is very good thinking to make prayer rooms in the metro stations. let us hope for the best.
Anonymous, dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 17:30 February 16, 2012
Al Hamdulillah .. it is a great Observation. Gulf News should contact Dubai Metro Authorities and Inform this as normally do with complaints. It will be taken as thousand requests .. and all of us are waiting for your update
Afzal, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Added 17:02 February 16, 2012
Great Point the only "missing'' thing on metro station !
Mohammad Othman, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 15:49 February 16, 2012
Authorities must make it their priority to provide the prayer spaces in metro stations. Prayer spaces are really necessary.
Habib, Shj, Afghanistan

Added 14:10 February 16, 2012
It is best observation and since it is islamic country it very much required at every metro stations.
Anonymous, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 13:41 February 16, 2012
Point focused, I hope this will be implement very soon.
Anonymous, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Added 11:58 February 16, 2012
great post! I think we all request authorities to look into such a matter. Prayer rooms are essential in such places, as stated it only takes up little space.
omani, dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 11:25 February 16, 2012
I appreciate your valuable suggestion on this matter
Sharaf, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 11:24 February 16, 2012
I think this is a good Idea as almost malls have prayer place. Metro stations are like,many people traveling so they must have a prayer hall at every station. It would be a great help!!
Anonymous, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 11:03 February 16, 2012
I have faced this problem myself multiple times,even at the bus stations,except for Burdubai [ghubaiba] none of the stops i use have a mosque or praying area.I salute the writer of this suggestion.
rubina, sharjah, United Arab Emirates
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/co...uired-1.981402

Altogether lovley
I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #30166
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 625

Just by interest, and no disrespect by my question. If everybody does all this praying, everywhere, five times a day, who's going to run the city/country effectively ???

I'm guessing the expat's, but what if they start felling Dubai's turning into another Afganistan, and decide to avoid the place ???

It's a double edge sword, visually Dubai is heading in the direction of a modern metropolis, mentally, well there is some catching up to do with the rulers vision, and echos of the fears/dislikes are easier than ever to hear from the locals.

What's the true formula to keep everybody happy, living in peace, and harmony ???

I'm also sure the ruling family realize they're day's would be numbered if the country went a little to conservative with the people only having god to fear.

Now throw that equation into foreigner's needed/wanted to keep the realestate market thriving in the UAE. In the end no expat really needs to be there, nor has to be there, would you agree with me ?

Can you see this as being a clash of civilizations, or mending ???
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #30167
torres9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1 View Post
well i have just had a phone call this morning from david lewis tfg.
i asked if tfg has or should have notified any of its clients that rentals were terrible and not as they had said.
david lewis replies, wether we should have communicated that things were bad, NO not from our companys stand point.
my question to him, have you ever as a company sent out email re poor performance to clients.
david lewis, reply NO. BECAUSE THE ONLY PROPERTY THAT WE HAVE COMPLETED ON IS THE DIAMOND, its fully sold out but rents and owners are dissapointed at returns they are getting?
things were said between us and went on a bit.
david lewis, says to me so you have spoken to a couple of investors?
me, yes i am posting my acccount online, as if i can save one person from going down the road i have gone down, its worth it.
DAVID LEWIS says, im not trying to threaten you in any way at all max, but we do know , and have ways of finding out whats going on line, and if we do not feel comfortable with whats being said we will take action to protect our corporate image.
im not try to threaten you but if we see somything we are not happy with we will have to take action.
me to him,
all i have ever said on line is the truth and i can prove it, and if we do end up in court ill only ever tell the truth and somone will listen to me.

we then went on a bit more, basically david lewis was saying that nothing could be done by tfg, and i went on to say ok put everything that we have discussed in writing as i shall be pursuing a legal route.
i shall try and work out a way of putting this telephone conversation on line so that all can hear.
if they do threaten me i shall let you all know what they say.
ill keep on posting
a copy of this is going to be forwarded to daany lubert one of the first groups directors
How did it go? Did they refund you?
torres9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #30168
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 319

lol wtf. Prayers take about 5 minutes each (5*5=25 minutes) between 5 am to 8 PM so it doesn't make a difference. Beside, the majority of expatriates are either muslims or come from conservative societies so again it doesn't make a difference.

The only bug here is the western bug which try to blow things out of proportion and make up problems. The right equation is for everyone to know their place in the country and that is by people knowing that they are here as guests only and therefor should act like one.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #30169
noir-dresses
bling bling

Thank you for making that so clear to us.
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #30170
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

anytime habibi
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #30171
noir-dresses
bling bling

Just before I go out Habibi is that what they teach/preach you in the police force, or is it just a personal view of yours ???

Interested to know, that's all.
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #30172
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

personal
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #30173
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw View Post

The only bug here is the western bug which try to blow things out of proportion and make up problems. The right equation is for everyone to know their place in the country and that is by people knowing that they are here as guests only and therefor should act like one.

If we build it they will come...............but they must know their place and remember that they are only guests in our country even if we encouraged them to buy a piece of it!

Can you clarify what you mean by "they should act like one"?

I am trying to imagine talking at a conference for foreign doctors working in the UK and saying to them, "remember you are a guest in this country and therefore you should act like one." Is it patronage or patronising? Either way, I would not have the right to say it in the first place. I don't make the laws in my country, just obey them like anyone else.

IMO the foreign worker will have more right to be there serving the community and paying his taxes, than some lazy good for nothing who has never done a job of work in his life. It is not where they are from, it is what they contribute to the community that improves the community.

You need to get used to foreigners being in Dubai, it's what your Sheikh wanted. Not just for the financial stability in the future but for the added security it affords now!

There are none so blind as those who won't see.

Last edited by True Blue; February 18th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #30174
Androider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowy2611 View Post
So how come construction is commencing and most investors didn't pay?

For those who didn't pay, have you received any official notice from RERA?

Has anyone spoken to ACI recently?
No idea, but looks like they are finishing 32nd SLAB .... good job.
Androider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #30175
speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Just by interest, and no disrespect by my question. If everybody does all this praying, everywhere, five times a day, who's going to run the city/country effectively ???

I'm guessing the expat's, but what if they start felling Dubai's turning into another Afganistan, and decide to avoid the place ???

It's a double edge sword, visually Dubai is heading in the direction of a modern metropolis, mentally, well there is some catching up to do with the rulers vision, and echos of the fears/dislikes are easier than ever to hear from the locals.

What's the true formula to keep everybody happy, living in peace, and harmony ???

I'm also sure the ruling family realize they're day's would be numbered if the country went a little to conservative with the people only having god to fear.

Now throw that equation into foreigner's needed/wanted to keep the realestate market thriving in the UAE. In the end no expat really needs to be there, nor has to be there, would you agree with me ?

Can you see this as being a clash of civilizations, or mending ???
Sorry to be rude but thats probably the most myopic post I have ever seen.

To help you understand: not everyone converges to prayer at the same time 5 times a day. Each prayer period has a time window around say 2-3 hours. Its only the friday prayer, tarawi and Eid prayers that require the jamat.

Also just because the facility of a mosque is available does not mean that it will be full at all times. Its just nice to have the facility available. Does everyone congregate to the communal swimming pools ? No ! but its nice to have one around.

Finally WTF has Afganistan got to do with all of this
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #30176
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post
WTF has Afganistan got to do with all of this
How much foreign investment has Kabul been able to attract in the last 10 years? What about the tourism industry or airline business?

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #30177
Towers3

Likes (Received): 4

I Know, are u an investor?
Towers3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #30178
speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
How much foreign investment has Kabul been able to attract in the last 10 years? What about the tourism industry or airline business?
You really don't understand the place do you ? Its a lot more complicated than your simple daily mail views.

Very short history for you :

Afghanistan was a progressive country and had quite a sophisticated public in the 50's, 60's 70's. Remember they are a very old civilisation, before the west even exsisted, with a diverse ethnic mix.

Anyway the misery of Afghanistan has much to do with the invasion by russia followed by the us. The us invaded to rob the country of its natural resources under the guise of capturing Tim Osman AKA Osama.

India's RAW use Afghanistan in a proxy war against Pakistan whilst the notorious Pakistan ISI has worked hard to arm the Taliban to fight the us. Pakistan created the Taliban who were previously known as the Mujahaydeen against the russians. But obviously the us decided that they were now enemies after the us did the inside job on the twin towers.

Wernt the us going to rebuild and free all those people and give them democracy
Instead what they have done is totally destroyed the place and not achieved anything and not even captured or killed Tim Osman ( its not true it was all made up ). The story was concocted to show a result.

So you see its not as simple as a Mosque

So again WTF has Afghanistan got to do with the Mosques in Dubai ?

Last edited by speculator; February 19th, 2012 at 03:25 AM.
speculator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #30179
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post
So again WTF has Afghanistan got to do with the Mosques in Dubai ?
Same question , WTF has Afghanistan and Mosques about this thread which name is

Property & Investment in Dubai: Your questions about the market ‎

?

Back to the market:

Dubai to see up to 16,000 more property units in 2012 - official

DUBAI, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Dubai's property sector will see up to 16,000 new units come on the market this year, the head of its real estate watchdog said on Wednesday, adding further pressure to an already oversupplied sector.

Supply in 2012 will be higher than in 2011 when about 10,700 new units were introduced.

"Another 15,000 to 16,000 (units) are coming in 2012," Marwan bin Ghalitha, chief executive of Real Estate Regulatory Authority said at a conference. "Most of this supply will be from master developers.

"About 62 projects were completed last year. I am sure the supply from these projects are coming in 2012."

He said that 220 projects are now under construction in Dubai.

Dubai's property sector has been hard hit by the global economic downturn that began in 2008, with billions of dollars worth of projects put on hold or cancelled while property prices slumped as much as 60 percent.

High-profile projects put on hold or cancelled include Dubai Properties' Tiger Woods residential and golf course project and developer Nakheel's kilometre-high tower.

Ghalitha said the value of transactions for land, villas and apartments rose 20 percent in 2011 to 143 billion dirhams compared to 120 billion dirhams in 2010.

"There is still a lot of demand for real estate in Dubai but its selective long-term projects," said Galitha.

Dubai house prices are expected to fall by 5 percent in 2012, after having fallen by two-third from its peak in 2008, a Reuters poll showed last month.

(Reporting by Praveen Menon; Editing by Amran Abocar)

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/dub...125626503.html
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #30180
firoz bharmal

Likes (Received): 645

Prayer dosent make any country to Afghanistan.....5 Minutes of Prayer is better to spend then sitting in Bars for hours........Dubai is the most vibrant city and......Everyone Invited......

Back to Topic........carry on......

Tags
dubai