daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #241
litigs

Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3122 View Post
Is it possible for Cebu pacific or Pal to fly to dumaguete at night? and what aircraft would it be using?

Thye can use A320 or A319, but its up to the airline really if night flights is necessary.
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM   #242
zackjz566

Likes (Received): 4

Hello Dumaguete airport! I miss it so much, it is there were i took my first flight, i was once a student there in aviation training one international.. I wonder whats new in there..
Btw Dumaguete airport is a night capable airport infact at night its runway lights is kept on, some of my instructor even flew at night. I love RPVD airport! Runway 09 and 27 are its runway headings if my mind serves me right.
zackjz566 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:10 AM   #243
sloanesquare
Tennyson House SW3 2SX

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackjz566 View Post
Hello Dumaguete airport! I miss it so much, it is there were i took my first flight, i was once a student there in aviation training one international.. I wonder whats new in there..
Btw Dumaguete airport is a night capable airport infact at night its runway lights is kept on, some of my instructor even flew at night. I love RPVD airport! Runway 09 and 27 are its runway headings if my mind serves me right.
if so, why would a scheduled 4pm arrival from manila by cebu pacific have been postponed to 9am next day with all passengers billeted to a down market hotel in mabini street malate? the reason given was the aircarft was late in arriving in manila and arrival in dumaguete would have been after sunset.
sloanesquare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM   #244
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Likes (Received): 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanesquare View Post
if so, why would a scheduled 4pm arrival from manila by cebu pacific have been postponed to 9am next day with all passengers billeted to a down market hotel in mabini street malate? the reason given was the aircarft was late in arriving in manila and arrival in dumaguete would have been after sunset.
Di kaya ang reason is the sunset that occurs directly in front of the runway if you land from the sea (East to West direction)
boy muscovado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:22 AM   #245
zackjz566

Likes (Received): 4

I cant directly answer that. Airlines doesnt at all times tell the truth about their real situation. They mostly make up stories to cover up the truth in order to protect their company, but in this case for me there shud be no problem even if the sun is setting down. the terrain in dumaguete airport might also be a factor because its has a mountain on its west side. Pilots from PAL always complain before on the high trees on final aproach at runway 09. I wonder if its still their right now.
zackjz566 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM   #246
litigs

Quote:
Its quite simple really, the visual approach from the mountains before sunset is already challenging. Doing it at night is even worst. Jets have less margin of error than turbo-props so no airline wants to take that risk. 5j pilots have already experienced terrain warning being triggered and they have to override. Don't see it as problem with Cessnas though since they have less turning radius and of course are more maneuverable.
Old February 24th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #247
sloanesquare
Tennyson House SW3 2SX

Likes (Received): 56

so your conclusion is dumaguete is not a candidate for night light landings to decongest NAIA
sloanesquare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #248
arianespace
BANNED

Likes (Received): 328

Dumaguete is night capable.

That is if you are landing from the sea.

But if the winds are blowing from the tail beyond safe limit of the restricted runway, there is no way you can land. There is also no way you can land at night at runway 09 even if you are the Air Force. Until CAAP builds a kaitak-like approach to landing, that is simply not possible for night flight.
arianespace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #249
litigs

Quote:
so your conclusion is dumaguete is not a candidate for night light landings to decongest NAIA
Let's not bring the issue of decongesting NAIA with the night landing capability of Dumaguete because you have to factor in what the airline wants and we are talking about two entirely different airports here. Manila being precision instrument, and Dumaguete, non-instrument. Like what Ariane said, only one direction can be done for night landing - from the sea, because like what I pointed out, its terrain on the other approach. There is a certain degree that a tailwind is tolerable for landing and that can change while on approach so airlines would not risk such revenue flight at a time when the airport runway is only one way.
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM   #250
tim3122

Likes (Received): 5

When i ask Airphil about what aircraft they are going to use for the CEB-Dgt route on march 22 and they said they will utilize the a320. I am not sure about this . I have to clarify with them again!
tim3122 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM   #251
Fraulein

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
When i ask Airphil about what aircraft they are going to use for the CEB-Dgt route on march 22 and they said they will utilize the a320. I am not sure about this . I have to clarify with them again!
Most of their flights on CEB-DGT use Dash 8.

My travel blog: http://thesimplertraveler.blogspot.com/
More Fun in the Philippines!
Fraulein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:11 PM   #252
litigs

Quote:
Same with Pagadian but 5j will also use A319. I think ATR is still being used for Dumaguete so won't be surprised if 5j will switch to Airbus as well. This maybe the shortest airbus route if not Bacolod.
Old March 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #253
ABJ

Likes (Received): 0

I was talking with Terminal 3 Security Guard and he told me that Air Philippines will commence direct flight from Manila to Dumaguete soon once they acquire their Airbus order. I even confirmed it to the Airphil Passenger Nurse and yes he told me the same. maybe they commence flight this 3rd quarter. so hope to see Zest Air and Air Asia Philippines flying the same route in our Province.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirAsia_Philippines

Last edited by ABJ; March 11th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
ABJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #254
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

Likes (Received): 238

Cebu-Dumaguete-Cebu by 2P is not bookable now. What happened?

Visit Other Zamboanga del Norte Threads

Dipolog Airport Thread 2
dashalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #255
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

Likes (Received): 238

Looks like 2P dropped out their Cebu-Dumaguete-Cebu. I hope I'm wrong but it's not anymore found in their Sabre system.

Visit Other Zamboanga del Norte Threads

Dipolog Airport Thread 2
dashalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #256
Franz-Bxu
Legendary Outlaw

Likes (Received): 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashalvin View Post
Looks like 2P dropped out their Cebu-Dumaguete-Cebu. I hope I'm wrong but it's not anymore found in their Sabre system.
I saw their latest timetable effective March 17. The route is cancelled (CXLD) until further notice. As to CEB-BXU, 2P 361/362 is on both flight schedules: March 7-UFN and March 17-UFN, it seems that this flight will really push through although it's not bookable online unlike 2P 363/364.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #257
litigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashalvin View Post
Tough for APX to spread their assets thinly. In this case, they may have found a better profitable route for the Bombardiers.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:22 PM   #258
tim3122

Likes (Received): 5

Did Airphil express had their inagural flight this morning?
tim3122 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:32 PM   #259
Franz-Bxu
Legendary Outlaw

Likes (Received): 689

Quote:
Did Airphil express had their inagural flight this morning?
Nope. CEB-DGT was suspended until further notice.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #260
ritche
Your Financial Advisor

Likes (Received): 731

APX will start flying Cebu-Dumaguete in May...

Dumaguete, simply the place to be...

ritche no está en línea   Reply With Quote