daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Old February 20th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #28101
CalbayogCity_Samar
Proud Samareņo

Likes (Received): 75

Anybody here heard of this airline ETA Air, they're suddenly flying from Cebu-to a lot of Visayan Cities, but I've never heard of this airline before and I don't think they even have operational flights as of today...

Uncover Calbayog in
11:01 Minutes

City of Waterfalls - DOT
One of the 15 dream cities of the Philippines - Institute for Solidarity in Asia
One of the 25 best Philippine cities to live in - Asian Institute of Management (AIM)
CalbayogCity_Samar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 20th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #28102
ecureilx

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyville View Post
... SQ will have a passenger fleet consisting mainly of Boeing 777 variants, A330s, a couple of A345s, and A380s. They are also going to start their new Low Cost Carrier - Long Haul called "Scoot Airlines" this coming April 2012.

^ CEB Terminal. That's a really great design. When will this be realised?
Make it 4 A 345s

Oh, Scoot will be starting up using the old 777's of SQ ! The 772ERs and 777-non-ER ! if the smoke around here is to be believed ..

https://www.facebook.com/flyscoot and they have prizes for their first flight

What's a bit confusing is, if Scoot will be fully LCC, as they tout "premium" seats !
ecureilx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM   #28103
bitoy
The Great Northwest

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by habagatcentral1 View Post
I was thinking when I was a kid if these are possible for RCs? Since most of the time, I see only propeller-driven RCs. Then when I saw this, I said...HWOW!!! It is possible! Now I have the urge to save up and buy this as my luxury item or lujo!
Same with me, when I was a kid, I can't believe that there will be miniature flying jet models. I started that Aero-modeling hobby from cheap balsa wood kit to RC flying kits besides my scaled plastic model planes.
My last RC flying model was a Vought Corsair. You got to put a lot of time, effort and money on that hobby. Lahat minana na ng mga pamangking ko dito at yung mga naiwan sa Pinas, matagal ng nanging pangatong.

Ngayon, dumadayo na lang ako para manood pag meron competition dito sa amin.
bitoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #28104
ecureilx

If you have a few hundred thousand US$, you too can start an airline .. like ETAir !

No kidding ...

And as long as you have assets to guarantee to the lessor, say about 10 mil US$, put up the 6 months lease for about 500 thousand US$, then you are good to go, on a wet lease

Want to start an airline ? LOL
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #28105
majaba98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
If you have a few hundred thousand US$, you too can start an airline .. like ETAir !

No kidding ...

And as long as you have assets to guarantee to the lessor, say about 10 mil US$, put up the 6 months lease for about 500 thousand US$, then you are good to go, on a wet lease

Want to start an airline ? LOL
No way, there are enough airlines in the country by now. Donīt waste your money ! Itīs not just a matter of assets, you need a good team and a lot of know how.
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #28106
Parchie

Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by majaba98 View Post
No way, there are enough airlines in the country by now. Donīt waste your money ! Itīs not just a matter of assets, you need a good team and a lot of know how.
PAL started outsourcing some of its operations. I think many knowledgeable personnel were laid-off. Perhaps moneyed people can take advantage of those people from PAL and get the needed "know-how" from them. You will not only have knowledgeable people, you also have motivated personnel eager to outdo its previous employer if only to get back at that company! What do ya think?
"For want of a nail, the horse's shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the battle was lost. And for want of a battle, the kingdom was lost." - George Herbert wrote in 1640. A small error leads to bigger ones and causes ships to sink!
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #28107
Kintoy
BAND

Likes (Received): 1171

who would want to hire troublesome, strike-prone PALEA people?
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #28108
skyskimmer
Magis.

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by junstein View Post
cebu mactan internation airport TERMINAL 2

is construction in full swing?
skyskimmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #28109
chillendawg

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyskimmer View Post
NO, not even a sign of movement..hehehehe
chillendawg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:08 AM   #28110
Simplegurl18
BANNED

House sets probe of LCCs

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/hom...probe-of-lccs-

Cebu Air Inc., operator of Cebu Pacific, yesterday defended the airline’s policy on promotional fares as Congress set an inquiry this week into the alleged unfair treatment by low-cost carriers (LCCs) of buyers of cheap airline tickets.

There are a number of House resolutions that will be taken up during the inquiry. Among them is one that seeks to “expose” the “unjust and unfair policies” of LCCs.

A technical working group (TWG) of the House Committee on Transportation will prepare the groundwork for the investigation.

House Resolution 716 directs the Committee on Transportation to conduct an inquiry into the allegation that local carriers are issuing tickets that are nonrefundable, nonreroutable, non-endorsable and which, if unused, are forfeited. Rep. Acmad Tomawis is the author of this proposed bill.

Another bill cites the inconveniences experienced by passengers because budget airlines tend to over-book, cancel flights and, at times, deny boarding of some passengers. The author of House Resolution 1283 is Rep. Christopher Co.
Simplegurl18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:47 AM   #28111
ecureilx

kintoy: then again, in history, I don't recall any airline started by ex-airline staff, who were laid off, and became a success, simply because their former employers hold a lot of political clout and ensure that the ventures don't go far .. you think PAL will sit on their bum and wait it out ?

Well, with the political influencing, they are all going around in circles, to ensure that no viable competition exists in the first place ..

Well, remember the last 'open skies' where the foreign airlines were given open skies with a hell of a lot of restrictions that nobody even bothered to do anything about it ?

Oh, just because they fought for their rights, I wouldn't call the ex-PAL employees as troublemakers. After all, the management is there to make $, and, since PAL is private, it has all the incentives to maximise profit, and a few hurt souls may not be noticed, unlike nationalised carriers, who make employee happiness as priority, and more often, end of loosing $ ..

Simplegurl18: House Resolution 716 directs the Committee on Transportation to conduct an inquiry into the allegation that local carriers are issuing tickets that are nonrefundable, nonreroutable, non-endorsable and which, if unused, are forfeited. Rep. Acmad Tomawis is the author of this proposed bill.

Do the people in the house have any clue how LCC models work ?

Or they have set their sights on trimming the tail of LCCs ? Is the bill 'sponsored' by some other vested interest ??
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM   #28112
Xeltran

Likes (Received): 599

Quote:
Simplegurl18: House Resolution 716 directs the Committee on Transportation to conduct an inquiry into the allegation that local carriers are issuing tickets that are nonrefundable, nonreroutable, non-endorsable and which, if unused, are forfeited. Rep. Acmad Tomawis is the author of this proposed bill.

Or they have set their sights on trimming the tail of LCCs ? Is the bill 'sponsored' by some other vested interest ??
Given the benefit of the doubt, I am in favor of probing the practice of LCCs wherein unused promo tickets are forfeited (e.g. nonrefundable, nonreroutable, non-endorsable, etc.). Besides, why force people to have their hard-earned money be placed in a "travel fund" instead of having them refunded right away (CEB practices this). The excuse that an airline operates under the LCC model doesn't give an excuse why unused tickets cannot be refunded.
Xeltran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:06 AM   #28113
Parchie

Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
kintoy: then again, in history, I don't recall any airline started by ex-airline staff, who were laid off, and became a success, simply because their former employers hold a lot of political clout and ensure that the ventures don't go far .. you think PAL will sit on their bum and wait it out ?

Well, with the political influencing, they are all going around in circles, to ensure that no viable competition exists in the first place ..

Well, remember the last 'open skies' where the foreign airlines were given open skies with a hell of a lot of restrictions that nobody even bothered to do anything about it ?

Oh, just because they fought for their rights, I wouldn't call the ex-PAL employees as troublemakers. After all, the management is there to make $, and, since PAL is private, it has all the incentives to maximise profit, and a few hurt souls may not be noticed, unlike nationalised carriers, who make employee happiness as priority, and more often, end of loosing $ ..

I smell fish here. If i guess it right, we are thinking the same thing here. Something is fishy indeed.
"For want of a nail, the horse's shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the battle was lost. And for want of a battle, the kingdom was lost." - George Herbert wrote in 1640. A small error leads to bigger ones and causes ships to sink!
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM   #28114
Kintoy
BAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeltran View Post
Given the benefit of the doubt, I am in favor of probing the practice of LCCs wherein unused promo tickets are forfeited (e.g. nonrefundable, nonreroutable, non-endorsable, etc.). Besides, why force people to have their hard-earned money be placed in a "travel fund" instead of having them refunded right away (CEB practices this). The excuse that an airline operates under the LCC model doesn't give an excuse why unused tickets cannot be refunded.
when you buy the ticket you agree that it is non-refundable. so why complain when you missed the flight and had to book another one? it's your fault, not the airline's.
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:51 AM   #28115
Kintoy
BAND

Quote:

no viable competition? their @$$ses just got beaten by Cebu Pac.
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM   #28116
mAiNsTrEaMhunter
Sun Worshipper

Likes (Received): 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyskimmer View Post
hindi pa po...
mAiNsTrEaMhunter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM   #28117
Xeltran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
when you buy the ticket you agree that it is non-refundable. so why complain when you missed the flight and had to book another one? it's your fault, not the airline's.
Yes yes, it's in the terms and all. But don't you think people haven't thought if those regulations are legal or not? For all we know, LCCs are already violating consumer rights. The LCCs might know a thing or two about it, with the country not having a BBB like in the US or people who actually complain about them.

For the record though, I've yet to miss a flight. But to think of the countless others who were not as lucky as I am. Why can't they have their tickets refunded for whatever reason they have for missing their flights or have the tickets rebooked? Travel fund? Pssh. If there were actually a good number of people who question the rules, we could have these changed. Some things are amiss. For all we know, these probes might even change how LCCs operate in the country eventually.

Kudos to some lawmakers who actually have the gall to probe to these seemingly unfair business practices. If they have a stake or not in the full service airline industry is another issue.
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:26 AM   #28118
ecureilx

Xeltran: you want to have 'flexibility' ? stick with a full service carrier, with no-Show, unlimited changes etc. etc.

Wanna know what Michael O Leary on his refund policy ? Oh Ryanair is making money and a lot of it, due to their strict and rigid cost controls, while allowing passengers low fares .. LCC maverick ..

"On Ryanair's no-refund policy
"What part of no refund don't you understand? You are not getting a refund so XXX off."

once you start to enforce all the 'must have services' you end up with a business model that bleeds, like PAL .. and then wonder why nobody wants to give 'affordable' fares.

Compare MNL-SIN - PR is twice as expensive as the LCCs. Of course, force them to have comparable terms and conditions, the flying customer will choose legacy carriers

well, well, nobody is forcing nobody to fly LCC ! You don't like ? Dont fly LCC ..

Don't fly LCC and demand full service !

says me 2 cents ..

Xeltran: BTW, the LCC fare rules are not NEW, they are standard practice .. Now 5J, next ? AK, then TR, then 3K then ? DG ?
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM   #28119
Xeltran

I understand completely where you going at. Of course, LCCs operate on an entirely different business model than legacy carriers. But "unjust and unfair policies” are just inexcusable. Ok, so you can't refund the ticket for missed flights, but how about overbooking and the countless other inconveniences that passengers have to endure just because they're riding on a cheap flight? Besides, Ryanair's operations are on an entirely different country; doesn't mean that PH LCCs have to adapt the same set of policies.

This case reminds me before the validity of prepaid cellphone credits were extended by the oligarchy of cellular networks. How many people cursed and ranted about their load being "eaten" before the NTC issued a directive regarding it? It took a senator to actually realize that there was a problem before it was changed. Before that, people complained but still went on with their "Bahala Na" mentality. I can't say the same will happen re: LCCs in the country but hey, it's worth a shot.
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM   #28120
majaba98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
who would want to hire troublesome, strike-prone PALEA people?
EXACTLY ....
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airlines, airports