daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #21
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

In 2010 5j(Cebu Pac) was interested in mounting flights, with the new developments ongoing, I hpoe they'll renew their offer, I bet this time, it would be different.

for starters, 3x a week could suffice.
Simplegurl18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #22
Simplegurl18
BANNED

http://www.pna.gov.ph/index.php?idn=&nid=2&rid=410242

SAN JOSE, Antique, March 5 (PNA) -- Antique Sangguniang Panlalawigan majority floor leader Edgar Denosta wants the operation of the San Jose Airport also known as the Evelio B. Javier (EBJ) Airport to be resumed because of the tremendous benefits it could bring to the Antiquenos.

Denosta, a civil engineer by profession, conducted recently an evaluation and assessment of the existing facilities of the airport to know what could be done to convince airline companies to include Antique in their travel destinations. The EBJ airport has stopped operations already for several years.

The SP member said that the EBJ airport existing runway of 1.2 kilometers could accommodate light passenger aircraft like a 30-seater or 60-seater.

But then airport manager Martin Tere, who met Denosta, said that “the international aviation standard for an airport runway is 1.8 kilometers.”

But Tere agreed there’s still space for the expansion of the runway.

-------------

I vote yes! all 5 airports in Panay should have regular flights. The more options we have the better for the public.
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #23
bcanieso
The Aviator

Likes (Received): 10

I think those concerned about the San Jose airport should lobby for its development and expansion...
bcanieso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #24
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Likes (Received): 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcanieso View Post
I think those concerned about the San Jose airport should lobby for its development and expansion...
Just an Observation lang, Ano kaya kung ilipat nalang nila ang EBJ Airport somewhere in strategic location, San Jose the Capital is located in the southernmost part of a STRIP geographic location in WEST Panay, Therefore ang mga taga Central at Northern part of Antique they have to Go to KLO and MPH to avail a Air Service. At ang karamihan naman sa South convenient din to go ILO kakaiba kasi ang Mapa ng Antique landlock sa gitna so they have to go North in Aklan or South in neighboring Iloilo. Obserbasyon lang Kurahayyy!
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolineas View Post
Just an Observation lang

keen eyes and familiar with the ground
and that's why i am opting for the airport to be converted into a PAF F16 airbase.
but I still hope Antique to have regular/even seasonal Domestic flights. Let market forces test its viability.
Lobby all we want, but its a business. No profit no go.
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #26
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Likes (Received): 273

Oo nga Good suggestion Airbase nalang for WV para magamit nalang yang Airport na nakatiwangwang lang. Maybe a US defense can help that to develop like GENSAN and Zamboanga if I'm not mistake.
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #27
litigs

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplegurl18 View Post

keen eyes and familiar with the ground
and that's why i am opting for the airport to be converted into a PAF F16 airbase.
but I still hope Antique to have regular/even seasonal Domestic flights. Let market forces test its viability.
Lobby all we want, but its a business. No profit no go.
The PAF need not anymore bases; they could hardly maintain what they have right now; add to that, just to procure utility helicopters is already a mountain to climb, how much more for fixed wing aircraft. Didn't Asian Spirit had some flights here before? Sometimes this airport gets confused with San Jose in Mindoro.
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #28
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by litigs View Post
The PAF need not anymore bases; they could hardly maintain what they have right now; add to that, just to procure utility helicopters is already a mountain to climb, how much more for fixed wing aircraft. Didn't Asian Spirit had some flights here before? Sometimes this airport gets confused with San Jose in Mindoro.
just an honest observation, they could just sell or lease their base in Mactan.
Mactan should be purely be for civil aviation
the money earned can be used for PAF modernization.
that is an option if ever regular flights there would still not be viable this time.
grrr what's up with this post being denied?
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #29
litigs

Quote:
just an honest observation, they could just sell or lease their base in Mactan.
Mactan should be purely be for civil aviation
the money earned can be used for PAF modernization.
that is an option if ever regular flights there would still not be viable this time.
grrr what's up with this post being denied?
Your opinion is not being rejected, we are simply assessing the situation of PAF and why establishing another base is remote. By the way, its not like it hasn't been done because there already is a good case in the name of Rajah Buayan Airport in GenSan, this being briefly hosting the aviation school but eventually settled back to Lipa. Evelio Javier Airport doesn't only exist for commercial flights but it is essentially a civil airport that is open to any traffic may it be for commercial, military or civil operation traffic so nothing is being idle here. It maybe just sitting there with no activity but a pilot in distress will always pick the closest airstrip no matter what least he has to ditch. Medical and disaster relief flights can happen anytime and airports big and small are the first to handle this. When an earthquake in Baguio closed down Kennon and deemed other roads impassable, it was Loakan that save the day. So don't despair, this airport will be as equally important without the airlines coming in and that doesn't mean they won't, its just that its yet the time.
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #30
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Quote:
Your opinion is not being rejected, we are simply assessing the situation of PAF and why establishing another base is remote. By the way, its not like it hasn't been done because there already is a good case in the name of Rajah Buayan Airport in GenSan, this being briefly hosting the aviation school but eventually settled back to Lipa. Evelio Javier Airport doesn't only exist for commercial flights but it is essentially a civil airport that is open to any traffic may it be for commercial, military or civil operation traffic so nothing is being idle here. It maybe just sitting there with no activity but a pilot in distress will always pick the closest airstrip no matter what least he has to ditch. Medical and disaster relief flights can happen anytime and airports big and small are the first to handle this. When an earthquake in Baguio closed down Kennon and deemed other roads impassable, it was Loakan that save the day. So don't despair, this airport will be as equally important without the airlines coming in and that doesn't mean they won't, its just that its yet the time.

roger that. I hope 5j will eventually have regular flights coming and out Antique. But I won't force the issue if it's still not within profitlines.
But I was aiming for something else with my opinion about making it as an airbase. which Id rather put inside my pocket. hehehe
I appreciate your posts about the airport's various use and generally it is used by the coal mining company in Semira. So there is still scheduled activity going on and the airport is not idle and still makes little cash.
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #31
litigs

Quote:

roger that. I hope 5j will eventually have regular flights coming and out Antique. But I won't force the issue if it's still not within profitlines.
But I was aiming for something else with my opinion about making it as an airbase. which Id rather put inside my pocket. hehehe
I appreciate your posts about the airport's various use and generally it is used by the coal mining company in Semira. So there is still scheduled activity going on and the airport is not idle and still makes little cash.
I did remember Asian Spirit flew here briefly sometime 2005 using DHC4. The problem was the fare was too expensive and the demand at Boracay was growing. 5j was just emerging then. I think politicians need to sell this airport and the city for it to be recognized because of the confusion with the other airport - San Jose, Mindoro which has long been a jet capable airport. Even me who is an avid follower of Philippine aviation updates gets lost when a "San Jose" airport is mentioned so I always read again whether its Antique or Mindoro. To know that there is a large scale mining here that is making use of it is already good reason for its valuable existence as most mining companies would always build their own airstrip if nothing nearby is available. Genav also uses airports like this for their touch and go's as well as their cross-country stops. They don't want to land in Kalibo or Caticlan as they are crowded airports.
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #32
Simplegurl18
BANNED

with regards to my posts being denied, its about something that I wrote that might strike some banned words in the forum..hehehe..

a fairly good number of passengers coming from Antique uses Ilo. Their lobby should be backed up by numbers. LLC can at least give Antiquenos a chance.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #33
MHG1023

Likes (Received): 2

A route to MNL might work if Semirara provides at least a basic load.
Honestly, I believe the only route that might be possible is to CEB although demand is lower.
Fares on ILO-MNL are too low so flights ex EUQ couldnīt compete.
MHG1023 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #34
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG1023 View Post
A route to MNL might work if Semirara provides at least a basic load.
Honestly, I believe the only route that might be possible is to CEB although demand is lower.
Fares on ILO-MNL are too low so flights ex EUQ couldnīt compete.
There's a good number of Antiquenos uses Iloilo Airport to go thru Manila. If LCC's can offer the same price as to ILO-MNL. People will go for it, even travelers from Southern Iloilo can be accomodated.

Iloilo's loss? on the contrary it's everybody's gain.
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #35
litigs

Quote:
There's a good number of Antiquenos uses Iloilo Airport to go thru Manila. If LCC's can offer the same price as to ILO-MNL. People will go for it, even travelers from Southern Iloilo can be accomodated.

The issue with LCCs is that it needs a consistent above 70% load to sustain and 80% is the ideal number because lower prices dictates quantity plus the load in the belly where they make money. If this airport can deliver that then the airlines would not hesitate.
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #36
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Quote:
The issue with LCCs is that it needs a consistent above 70% load to sustain and 80% is the ideal number because lower prices dictates quantity plus the load in the belly where they make money. If this airport can deliver that then the airlines would not hesitate.
agree
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #37
MHG1023

Quote:

Unless thereīs a new entrant on the LCC scene (who avoids going head-to-head with the established ones) I donīt see it happening ...
Airlines prefer not to cannibalize their own routes.
As long they can "force" customers to fly from a single airport - why open up a new one which just raises expenses (at least initially).
Thatīs how airline business is.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #38
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Likes (Received): 5347

Quote:
Unless thereīs a new entrant on the LCC scene (who avoids going head-to-head with the established ones) I donīt see it happening ...
Airlines prefer not to cannibalize their own routes.
As long they can "force" customers to fly from a single airport - why open up a new one which just raises expenses (at least initially).
Thatīs how airline business is.
I agree, but if they would use ILO and pay the airport that much..
Would operation cost less if the use EUQ? initially they might operate on a loss considering the frequency of flights. but with recent developement up in Manila.

This would be a long shot...Hoping ILO can have that planned International flights this October..by then maybe, just maybe 5j can have some of their local flight diverted to Antique and retest the market.
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill
barbas_bigote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #39
MHG1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbas_bigote View Post
I agree, but if they would use ILO and pay the airport that much..
Would operation cost less if the use EUQ? initially they might operate on a loss considering the frequency of flights. but with recent developement up in Manila.
The point is I donīt believe theyīd switch some flights from ILO to EUQ. If they really believed serving EUQ would increase overall yield theyīd certainly make sure to take opportunity.

But the main problem remains the chaos at MNL that I donīt see being solved anytime soon. This chaos effects all airlines and in particular domestic flights.
Because of that I donīt see any additional domestic destinations being served out of MNL in the near future.

For EUQ thereīs only a theoretical possibility to get regular flights again: If another destination beside MNL can support sufficient demand I can see it happening. Alas I canīt see sufficient demand even to CEB or DVO right now ...
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #40
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Likes (Received): 5347

Quote:
The point is I donīt believe theyīd switch some flights from ILO to EUQ. If they really believed serving EUQ would increase overall yield theyīd certainly make sure to take opportunity.

But the main problem remains the chaos at MNL that I donīt see being solved anytime soon. This chaos effects all airlines and in particular domestic flights.
Because of that I donīt see any additional domestic destinations being served out of MNL in the near future.

For EUQ thereīs only a theoretical possibility to get regular flights again: If another destination beside MNL can support sufficient demand I can see it happening. Alas I canīt see sufficient demand even to CEB or DVO right now ...
agree.. let's hope wisdom prevail with the Manila airport mess..
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill
barbas_bigote no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
antique