search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Green Bay

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #7681
Fillmore
Fillmore

Likes (Received): 25

Madison is the capital; the games should be played at the Kohl Center. I'd like to see the economic stimulus for Green Bay, but what can fans do in Green Bay? Madison offers a city and urban landscape with myriad choices of restaurants and shopping. The Resch Center is too small and car dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Well said. Completely agree and I lose all respect for the WIAA if that's all it was. WIAA will never know what they missed with the NFL connection and a more welcoming environment. I've never been to Madison for the games, but would love to check it out if played locally. Madison crowds (from what I can see on TV) have really never been there supporting the games, and shouldn't be rewarded by another contract.
Fillmore no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #7682
Night Rider
Up all Nite,sleep all day

Likes (Received): 57

Urban landscape, that's exactly what people want. What can fans in Green Bay do? They can show up and not treat the event like a ugly step child! They can refrain from jacking up hotel rates for people that travel to watch their kids play in the biggest game of their life. They can maybe introduce them to some of the luxury of having a NFL team nearby. The Resch center is the perfect size and location. They don't want to pay $40 to park all day and to walk a 1/2 mile to the Kohl center. They could care less about "urban atmosphere" and to look at some worthless piece of art (that that my dog could create) and act like it's inspired. Green Bay is fairly centered statewide. They don't want some tooty fruity saying Madison has the God given right to host the tournament. I've been to Madison a few times and it was nothing special.

Last edited by Night Rider; February 19th, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
Night Rider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #7683
Tower Park
West Sider, Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 990

Saturday Update

KI Convention Center & Resch Center. City, county and convention bureau representatives met at City Hall on Thursday to reach a tentative agreement covering expansion of the KI Convention Center. Under the agreement, the city would bond for the project, increased room-tax revenues would go to the convention bureau for marketing, and PMI Entertainment Group would pay for improvements to the Resch Center. Brown County would earmark what's being called surpluses in room-tax collections to pay off the KI bonds. Both the City Council and County Board will be asked in weeks ahead to approve the deal. Mayor Schmitt says if everything falls into place, he anticipates going to the bond market by June to borrow $12 million for the KI project. The city would provide another $8 million through such mechanisms as naming rights, management fees and tax-increment financing. PMI President Ken Wachter says "everybody seems to be on the same page, finally" and convention bureau President Brad Toll says "I think the concept works." http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Stadium District. Needed maintenance and upgrades to the Resch Center and three nearby buildings owned by Brown County would cost about $13 million over the next decade, according to a study prepared by the county. The study says the work is needed because of past underfunding, the age of the facilities and obsolete systems. Here's the breakdown:

• Resch Center, rated in good condition, $4.4 million in work identified.
• Arena, rated in poor condition, $3.9 million in work identified.
• Shopko Hall, rated in poor condition, $2.9 million in work identified.
• The former Packers Hall of Fame building, fair condition, $1.5 million.

The study lays out a 10-year spending plan for significant expenses and day-to-day maintenance. The largest single item is a $1.3 million scoreboard replacement at the Resch Center in the ninth year of the plan. Auxiliary boards would be replaced the following year for $300,000. The largest expense for the Arena is $318,000 in foundation repairs proposed in the second year. Work on Shopko Hall would include a $500,000 heating, ventilation and air-conditioning project proposed in the fourth year. County officials plan to use the study to prioritize maintenance needs and identify a funding strategy. Supervisors are asking county staff to provide that information by mid-April. Concludes the Press-Gazette: "Leaders say the county must be more proactive about maintaining its physical assets, rather than operating on a seat-of-the-pants basis that neglects some maintenance needs but periodically forces the county to make major repairs." http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...text|FRONTPAGE

Resch Center. From today's Wisconsin State Journal: "A day after University of Wisconsin Athletic Department officials thought the WIAA was gearing up to end a decades-old arrangement with Madison, hope and confusion reigned." Add anger to the list. The UW athletic department says it's receiving conflicting information about the tournament negotiations and the executive director of the WIAA has "undertaken a personal campaign to move the WIAA tournaments to Green Bay," according to the Journal. Meanwhile, WBAY paraphrases the executive director, Dave Anderson, as saying in an interview that "Green Bay should hold off popping the champagne" for now. http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/h...871e3ce6c.html and http://www.wbay.com/story/16963945/2...utive-director

CityDeck. Press-Gazette photo of the installation of platform pilings now under way at CityDeck for the new Cherry St. and Pine St. landings. The landings are expected to be installed by summer. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ck-summer-work

A Is for Architecture. Features today one of the oldest buildings downtown, Captain's Walk Winery, 345 S. Adams St. It originally was the Elisha Morrow House and was completed in 1857 at the intersection of S. Adams and Crooks streets. Morrow was a local businessman and politician. The Italianate-style building was the clubhouse for the Green Bay Women's Club from 1920 to 1962. Captain's Walk has been located in the building since 2007. Photo is from the onmilwaukee.com website. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...GPG-Life&Style

Broadway District. The French Quarter Cafe opened today. It looked busy day and night.

Oconto FYI. The parent company of Cruisers Yachts in Oconto says it's hiring about 185 people after acquiring a line of fiberglass sport boats previously made in South Carolina. Says the Press-Gazette: "Boat and shipbuilding is one of the key industries in the region with Oconto-based Cruisers, Marquis Yachts in Pulaski, Palmer Johnson in Sturgeon Bay and Burger Boat in Manitowoc among those producing yachts and fishing boats. Marinette Marine Corp. in Marinette, ACE Marine in Green Bay and Bay Shipbuilding Co. in Sturgeon Bay are key players in both commercial and governmental contract work." http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...company-expand and http://www.jsonline.com/business/oco...139558198.html

Menominee FYI. In more area military contracts, Enstrom Helicopter Corp. signed a contract this week to deliver 28 additional helicopters to the Japanese military. The sale totals 30 helicopters and is the largest single sale in the history of the Menominee, MI-based helicopter manufacturer. Enstrom also announced it's delivered to date 10 of 16 helicopters to the Royal Thai Army. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...re-helicopters and http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...pers-Thai-army

Just In. Austin Straubel airport hopes to resume normal operations by 8 p.m. tonight after a bomb threat forced an evacuation of the terminal around 6:30 p.m.
Tower Park no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #7684
Tower Park
West Sider, Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 990

Sunday Update

Green Bay Packers. In a package of stories nearly four pages long based on interviews with more than three-dozen sources over three months, the Press-Gazette analyzes the Packers as an increasingly big business in a small town. Some highlights. Although not well-known in Green Bay, Tim Connolly, the team's 63-year-old vice president of sales and marketing, has emerged since hired 21 months ago as a key figure and "appears to be taking the lead in most projects of note." In five years, one president and four vice presidents have resigned from the Packers for various reasons. The top candidate identified for the open position of president and CEO in 2007 was then-Seattle Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke but he withdrew. Mark Murphy was hired. The Packers now have about 600 full- and part-time administrative employees, compared to about 150 in the late 1990s. When the team recently broached the possibility of taking over the Packers Hall of Fame - an independent corporation with its own board of directors - "the Hall of Fame's executive committee and board were outraged." One source claims if a stadium referendum had not passed, the NFL by now would have forced the Packers to leave Green Bay. http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze....dll/frontpage

Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway. The National Park Service has approved creation of a 280-mile-long Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway along the Wisconsin and Fox rivers and lakes Winnebago, Butte des Morts and Poygan from Prairie du Chien to Green Bay. The proposal is awaiting congressional approval. Parkways such as the proposed Fox-Wisconsin are not units of the Park Service, with decisions about land ownership and usage left to local authorities. Public meetings have been held along the parkway corridor - including one Thursday at the Neville Public Museum - as part of a study by Economic Development Partners of Verona. The study is expected to be completed by year's end and lead to development of a master plan looking at cultural resources in the region and ways to make them more accessible and attractive to tourists. Press-Gazette photo of the Fox River Trail in Allouez. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...yssey=nav|head and http://heritageparkway.org/

Brown County Courthouse. In 2010, an estimated 9 percent of Brown County's 1,462 marriages were held at the Brown County Courthouse. A marriage license costs $110, and the Courthouse ceremony is free when held during regular working hours. State law requires that a religious or judicially recognized official perform the ceremony in the presence of two witnesses at least age 18. More than 30 marriages have been performed at the Courthouse so far this year, and seven couples were married there on Valentine's Day. Press-Gazette photo. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...GPG-Life&Style

Resch Center. Journal Sentinel sports columnist Michael Hunt says the state basketball tournaments belong at the U.S. Cellular Arena in Wisconsin's major city. "Not saying Milwaukee is Oz," he says. "Not saying Madison doesn't have its charms or that the chance to see Lambeau Field across the street from the Resch Center might have appeal for those who have never walked around the NFL's best stadium. But let's face it. The tournament has been in Madison since glaciers cut the isthmus. Not knocking Green Bay, but when the Packers aren't in season, which would include the entire month of March, the place can take on the feel of the dark side of the moon." http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps...139610493.html

Ashwaubenon. Center lanes on a mile-long stretch of S. Oneida St. between Cormier and Hansen roads are now closed for about two weeks. Outside lanes had been partially closed, but unseasonably warm weather has allowed the $7.7 million street reconstruction project to shift to inside lanes ahead of schedule. Residents can get construction updates and ask questions during a public meeting Tuesday at Ashwaubenon Village Hall. The Oneida St. project in the heart of Ashwaubenon's main business district is expected to last seven months. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...starting-today

Austin Straubel. Airport Director Tom Miller says in his 17 years at the airport he can recall no other bomb threats or incidents "as serious as this one" phoned in Saturday afternoon. The passenger terminal was reopened at 7:30 p.m. after a search and nothing was found. An investigation continues. http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...139593983.html and http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...text|FRONTPAGE

Last edited by Tower Park; February 20th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Tower Park no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #7685
Bay2Bay

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Park View Post
Resch Center. Journal Sentinel sports columnist Michael Hunt says the state basketball tournaments belong at the U.S. Cellular Arena in Wisconsin's major city. "Not saying Milwaukee is Oz," he says. "Not saying Madison doesn't have its charms or that the chance to see Lambeau Field across the street from the Resch Center might have appeal for those who have never walked around the NFL's best stadium. But let's face it. The tournament has been in Madison since glaciers cut the isthmus. Not knocking Green Bay, but when the Packers aren't in season, which would include the entire month of March, the place can take on the feel of the dark side of the moon."
How ironic Mike Hunt should make that crack about Green Bay taking on the feel of the dark side of the moon in the month of March. A couple of years ago I had the misfortune of being in downtown Milwaukee on a Monday -- museums closed and really nowhere interesting to shop. Talk about your dark side of the moon -- and that's the centerpiece of a metro of 1.5 million people that I visited in the month of June!
Bay2Bay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #7686
Fillmore
Fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Urban landscape, that's exactly what people want. What can fans in Green Bay do? They can show up and not treat the event like a ugly step child! They can refrain from jacking up hotel rates for people that travel to watch their kids play in the biggest game of their life. They can maybe introduce them to some of the luxury of having a NFL team nearby. The Resch center is the perfect size and location. They don't want to pay $40 to park all day and to walk a 1/2 mile to the Kohl center. They could care less about "urban atmosphere" and to look at some worthless piece of art (that that my dog could create) and act like it's inspired. Green Bay is fairly centered statewide. They don't want some tooty fruity saying Madison has the God given right to host the tournament. I've been to Madison a few times and it was nothing special.
Luxury? In Green Bay? Who are you kidding? That's like saying the Packers lost to the Giants, but they're still the best team in the NFL! It doesn't cost $40 to park all day in Madison, nor do you have to walk 1/2 mile to the Kohl Center. And what worthless piece of art are you referring to? If you're commenting on the Chazen, it's full of world famous, timeless artists like Picasso and Curry. Sure, it's no MOMA or Art Institute, and I guess if you could get some of the Packers to show you around in March that might be fun for the families. Oh, sorry I forgot, the Packer players don't live in Green Bay in the off season because they know it's a dump! They just use Lambeau Field as the place to rake in their dough before they get the hell out. It really comes down to the basic laws of supply and demand: The Kohl Center has too many events because industry thrives in Dane County. The Resch Center doesn't have enough because Brown County is too small. If Green Bay was really a great place to host the tournament this entire conversation would be an exercise in futility. The reality is that no one wants to go to Green Bay because there's nothing to do there, and just because Dick Resch decided he needed an arena named after him, doesn't mean there has to be events there; but what does he care, he's in the real estate business, not sports enterprise. Lastly, "tooty fruity?" Keep living in the 80's, brother, Green Bay is your place!
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #7687
titletown
Baird Creek

Likes (Received): 114

Fillmore forgot to take his/her Prozac today. You sound like a very educated person in your posts! Bloody troll
titletown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #7688
Danillo
National Parks Artist

Likes (Received): 215

Can we keep the basketball discussion related to the merits of the bids please, and not bash other people's cities? I'm going to make a really crazy statement, but my guess is that most people are attracted to go to the state tourney because, you know, they want to watch high school basketball.
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #7689
Fillmore
Fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by titletown View Post
Fillmore forgot to take his/her Prozac today. You sound like a very educated person in your posts! Bloody troll
Sorry, no Prozac here. You see, I don't need it because I don't live in dreaded Green Bay anymore. I was smart enough and educated enough to get out. What a joke your little crap town is, hillbilly.
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #7690
Fillmore
Fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by titletown View Post
No prozac here, hillbilly. I don't need it anymore since I was smart enough to get out of Crap Brown County. See, I live in an actual city where I don't have to dwell on what could be or what should have been like you do in Green Bay. Your crap town is a joke...and you know it. I genuinely feel sorry for you. Sheboygan has more of a skyline, and for that matter, more class. Ya go Packers!
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #7691
Divisible by 3

Likes (Received): 2

Class

Thanks Fillmore for showing us what it means to be classy. Also, thanks for leaving; I'm sure that you will be more appreciated in DC.
900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #7692
Green Bay 4 Life
Green Bay, WI

Likes (Received): 78

Wow...

First of all, I think we all know Green Bay isn't perfect. But here's the thing - either is Madison or Milwaukee or Appleton or anywhere in the world for that matter. Every place has things that won't appeal to every single person in the world. We all have different tastes. If you're looking for world class museums, an unmatched nightlife, and a downtown with tall buildings. Yes, Green Bay may not be for you. If you are looking for a mjority of good, friendly people, a great place to raise a family, relatively safe normal pace of life. Then maybe, this is your place.

There is an arena here that could host an event such as the WIAA Tournament. If they are just using Green Bay to get a sweeter deal in Madison, then so be it. But all in all - it is about going and seeing your child, school, etc in the tournament. Not about where it is being held. I'm sure 20 years from now if you ask someone who's team won or lost the in the State Tournament what their most lasting memory is from that they will say the game not where it was located...
Green Bay 4 Life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #7693
Fillmore
Fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900 View Post
Thanks Fillmore for showing us what it means to be classy. Also, thanks for leaving; I'm sure that you will be more appreciated in DC.
Listen, I've been on this forum for 7 years and have enjoyed it. I would really like to see Green Bay do well, but being called a bloody troll for expressing my true opinions is not cool. I'm a graduate of UWGB and have an MS in mechanical engineering from UW Madison. I still have family in De Pere and each time I go home I get frustrated because people in Green Bay, and obviously I'm generalizing, seem to live for one thing, the Packers. I used to walk around Broadway and Washington street hoping to one day witness a thriving metro area, even one sans towers, but that has not come to fruition. I've been an advocate of Green Bay since Jillians and Gallaghers pizza opened and I was sad when they both went under. With regards to the Packers, The NFL doesn't make Green Bay special, or world class, or anything, and I've been saying from the start that the Packers do more harm than good for DEVELOPMENT in Green Bay. I was one of the first people to purchase a unit at Astor Place in 2005. My plan was to rent it out to see how the city could materialize and what businesses would be attracted to the downtown area. I imagined selling the place twenty years down the road and wishing the emerald city good luck. But that never happened. Jen Kuo called me and told me the project fell through. All that hype for nothing! Lastly, if you're wonder why Schreiber isn't building a tower, I believe it's because the second people see a larger building downtown Green Bay loses its credibility as a small town with an NFL team. While the metro population wouldn't increase, the sense would be that Green Bay "isn't so small anymore" because there are large buildings downtown. The landscape is primed for wonderful river development, but as long as the Packers run that town, you'll have to admire the view from the top of the OLD Younkers building.

Last edited by Fillmore; February 20th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #7694
Divisible by 3

I'm not the one calling everything crap. If you think a place is crap, there are three responses you can take: 1. Make it better, 2. Do nothing and spend your life frustrated about it, and 3. leave. Personally, I'm so busy working on number 1 that I don't have time to dwell on Green Bay's downsides. Obviously, since I'm hiding behind a number you'll have to take my word for this. As for you, you've chosen number 3, which I sincerely think is great because many more opt for number 2 and those are the people who frustrate me the most. If you choose to live in a community, be constructive. I hope that you're being constructive in DC. Your last couple of comments here on this forum certainly haven't been very constructive.

The reason that Schreiber isn't building a tower is because they don't need one. They're in the food industry, not real estate development. Your conspiracy is pretty absurd; especially since the NFL always seems to point their cameras at the corner of Broadway and Walnut—no matter what we do downtown. Downtown Green Bay has seen enormous positive change since 2005, despite a major economic slow down. Currently there is a lot of evidence that things are getting back on track for further growth. Gallagher's went out of business because they took on too much debt and didn't really know what they were doing. They had issues with enormous food cost wastage, employee theft, and other things. Compare them to Titletown & Hinterland from the same period, they know how to run a restaurant successfully. Furthermore, your obsession with skylines is bizarre. Downtown Green Bay is never going to look like Downtown Milwaukee. There are a lot of reasons for this, principally that our area's larger employers seem to prefer large campuses, take Humana for example. This probably has something to do with real estate costs. Schreiber could certainly have made this choice too, and the fact that they didn't has a lot to do with how much the downtown has improved since 2005. But none of this is probably happening fast enough for you as a consumer, so it's good that you can go out for Ethiopian food in Adams-Morgan. Personally, I'll be trying to help Somali refugees get an East African restaurant up and running in Green Bay.

Last edited by 900; February 20th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #7695
Fillmore
Fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900 View Post
I'm not the one calling everything crap. If you think a place is crap, there are three responses you can take: 1. Make it better, 2. Do nothing and spend your life frustrated about it, and 3. leave. Personally, I'm so busy working on number 1 that I don't have time to dwell on Green Bay's downsides. Obviously, since I'm hiding behind a number you'll have to take my word for this. As for you, you've chosen number 3, which I sincerely think is great because many more opt for number 2 and those are the people who frustrate me the most. If you choose to live in a community, be constructive. I hope that you're being constructive in DC. Your last couple of comments here on this forum certainly haven't been very constructive.

The reason that Schreiber isn't building a tower is because they don't need one. They're in the food industry, not real estate development. Your conspiracy is pretty absurd; especially since the NFL always seems to point their cameras at the corner of Broadway and Walnut—no matter what we do downtown. Downtown Green Bay has seen enormous positive change since 2005, despite a major economic slow down. Currently there is a lot of evidence that things are getting back on track for further growth. Gallagher's went out of business because they took on too much debt and didn't really know what they were doing. They had issues with enormous food cost wastage, employee theft, and other things. Compare them to Titletown & Hinterland from the same period, they know how to run a restaurant successfully. Furthermore, your obsession with skylines is bizarre. Downtown Green Bay is never going to look like Downtown Milwaukee. There are a lot of reasons for this, principally that our area's larger employers seem to prefer large campuses, take Humana for example. This probably has something to do with real estate costs. Schreiber could certainly have made this choice too, and the fact that they didn't has a lot to do with how much the downtown has improved since 2005. But none of this is probably happening fast enough for you as a consumer, so it's good that you can go out for Ethiopian food in Adams-Morgan. Personally, I'll be trying to help Somali refugees get an East African restaurant up and running in Green Bay.
My obsession with skylines, as you call it, isn't bizarre, nor is it unique, nor it is an obsession. I believe in progress and want cities to succeed and I appreciate the beauty of cities, especially those with beacons of accomplishment. There are millions of people in this great world who love skylines and city development--they're called Ayn Randians--not because there is something wrong with them, but because they can look at a building and see the thousands of hours of thinking and planning that went into constructing it. Every single person in this forum would love to see Shreiber build a tower of, say, 20 stories to serve as a true catalyst for a cityscape; they'd be lying if they stated otherwise. You would know this if this wasn't your first day, rookie! For you to claim that Schreiber isn't in the real estate business is just absurd. Every business is in the real estate business. They're taking a gamble on downtown and they hope it pays off. And the NFL points their cameras downtown because the gameday landscape is often desolate and reflects a "city" completely enamored with its football team. You need guys like me in this forum to provide a different perspective, no matter how strange or conspiratorial it appears. Green Bay is a nice place to live, but unfortunately its been branded by the NFL, and this has had a detrimental effect on non-NFL development, most notably in the downtown area. I hope you get that restaurant up and running. I'd be happy to come in and spend some money there.
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #7696
Divisible by 3

Awesome, glad that we have a Randian superman producer type to call us hillbillies, rookies, etc. to put us in our place because our city is a joke. If that's the perspective that you bring, then I'm sure that you're a valued member of this forum.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #7697
Geography Teacher
I Like Maps

Likes (Received): 45

Love It Or Leave It?

When a friend or rival talks about how great their city is (Chicago, New York, Washington DC, etc.), they fail to mention that they had very little to do with that greatness. Most of the time, they were just fortunate to grow up there, and New York would be just as wonderful had he or she never been born. Great cities are products of their geography, and historical patterns to a lesser extent.

Now, if a person leaves Green Bay to become a part of an already great city, I suppose we have to credit that person for making a choice. But we also have to remember -- as a couple of you have mentioned -- that this is a choice to give up on your old city and be part of a new one. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that ("to each their own"). But I too am an educated urbanphile who has chosen to raise a family in a safe, pleasant, and fun environment rather than head off to the big city. I'd rather try to contribute to making this place better than to be a tiny cog in the machine that is an existing world class city.

So again, people have the right to live where they want. But it's understandable that others would be hurt by comments that mock their pride and commitment to their home.
Geography Teacher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #7698
gbmphillips

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Sorry, no Prozac here. You see, I don't need it because I don't live in dreaded Green Bay anymore. I was smart enough and educated enough to get out. What a joke your little crap town is, hillbilly.
And we thank you for leaving, you must fit in well in that hell whole DC where dishonesty is the norm and arrogance is a disease.
gbmphillips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #7699
gbmphillips

Likes (Received): 139

Lets see would I prefer to live in a town full of "hillbillies" as Fillmore called us or a city where violence is the norm

According to Uniform Crime Report statistics compiled by the FBI, there were 1,330.2 violent crimes per 100,000 people reported in the District of Columbia in 2010. There were also 4,778.9 property crimes per 100,000 reported during the same period.Violent crime is still more than three times the national average of 403.6 reported offenses per 100,000 people in 2010.

Yeah Fillmore you can have your big city life people live in Green Bay because they know it is a safe community and the people who live here are not animals, unlike DC,
gbmphillips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #7700
Nativist
Participant

Likes (Received): 57

I always thought that it was funny how the Ayn Rand crowd fetishized modern architecture when modernism was created by—mostly—socialists. But then I'm not smart enough or educated enough to live outside of Green Bay, so what do I know?

Last edited by Nativist; February 20th, 2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: concision
Nativist no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
green bay, wisconsin