daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM   #3181
just4ivaylo

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCIII View Post
There are a ton of condos left over too, right? Bellevue Towers are only 50% sold, correct?
A little bit over 50% by now, I'd guess, but not much.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bel...old-2012-02-01
just4ivaylo no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:18 AM   #3182
LCIII

Likes (Received): 695

270 high priced condos is a lot in my book.
LCIII no está en línea  
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3183
just4ivaylo

Quote:
270 high priced condos is a lot in my book.
Yes, but that's a lot less than there were for sale before. For some reason, I was expecting more of them to be sold by now.
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #3184
BellevueBoy

Likes (Received): 1

This mid-rise project got approved today.
http://www.bellevuewa.gov/pdf/land%2...Apartments.pdf

Nice looking infill project and great location across from the park.
BellevueBoy no está en línea  
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #3185
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 395

Good to know! So little coming out of Bellevue these days.
CityView Jim no está en línea  
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #3186
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 164

I like the design of this building.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea  
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #3187
BellevueBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityView Jim View Post
Good to know! So little coming out of Bellevue these days.
Yeah it's definitely been quiet the last couple years after the huge boom of the mid to late 2000's. I am hoping to see some of the smaller projects like this one get started in the next year or so but I don't expect to see any of the massive projects like Lincoln Square II or the Tateuchi Center start anytime soon.
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #3188
InlandEmpire
Mixologist

Likes (Received): 23

I really like that design! That's a nice location too.
InlandEmpire no está en línea  
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #3189
LCIII

Schnitzer West says Bravern sale is close
psbj

The sale of Schnitzer West Schnitzer West Latest from The Business Journals The Bravern retailers trending up, with sale impendingBuyers circling luxury retail centerShops at the Bravern put up for sale Follow this company ’s The Shops at the Bravern, which opened in Bellevue in the fall of 2009, is close to being a done deal.

Schnitzer West LLC founder and managing investment partner Dan Ivanoff says the sale is likely to be completed before the end of March. He will not reveal the buyer, but he does say, “This is a best-in-class, luxury-type retail buyer, and very entrepreneurial.” PSBJ’s Jeanne Lang Jones wrote about the impending sale of this luxury retail shopping center in November of last year.
LCIII no está en línea  
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #3190
BellevueBoy

Quote:
Schnitzer West says Bravern sale is close
psbj

The sale of Schnitzer West Schnitzer West Latest from The Business Journals The Bravern retailers trending up, with sale impendingBuyers circling luxury retail centerShops at the Bravern put up for sale Follow this company ’s The Shops at the Bravern, which opened in Bellevue in the fall of 2009, is close to being a done deal.

Schnitzer West LLC founder and managing investment partner Dan Ivanoff says the sale is likely to be completed before the end of March. He will not reveal the buyer, but he does say, “This is a best-in-class, luxury-type retail buyer, and very entrepreneurial.” PSBJ’s Jeanne Lang Jones wrote about the impending sale of this luxury retail shopping center in November of last year.
That's good to hear. Schnitzer was a little over their head when they decided to build a massive retail component at the Bravern.

Actually they made several blunders:
-Removing the hotel component of the condo towers. For years the convention center has desperately needed an adjacent hotel but Schnitzer got greedy during the condo boom and wanted a piece of the pie. A hotel would've also provided the shops and restaurants with a constant flow of patrons.

-Branding the complex as high-end only. This really limited the # of potential tenants and because of the retail mix they have, foot traffic is very low there. Even during the holidays the place is a ghost town.

-No outdoor seating for restaurants. When they were designing the complex, they talked at length about it being inspired by European shopping promenades. One of the reasons those promenades are so lively is because of outdoor cafes and restaurants. The two existing restaurants at the Bravern, Wild Ginger and John Howie Steak, have zero street presence at all and are totally closed off from the rest of the complex.

Luckily, despite these oversights the complex is still at close to capacity and hopefully this new owner will be able to bring some innovative ideas
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #3191
just4ivaylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueBoy View Post
That's good to hear. Schnitzer was a little over their head when they decided to build a massive retail component at the Bravern.

Actually they made several blunders:
-Removing the hotel component of the condo towers. For years the convention center has desperately needed an adjacent hotel but Schnitzer got greedy during the condo boom and wanted a piece of the pie. A hotel would've also provided the shops and restaurants with a constant flow of patrons.

-Branding the complex as high-end only. This really limited the # of potential tenants and because of the retail mix they have, foot traffic is very low there. Even during the holidays the place is a ghost town.

-No outdoor seating for restaurants. When they were designing the complex, they talked at length about it being inspired by European shopping promenades. One of the reasons those promenades are so lively is because of outdoor cafes and restaurants. The two existing restaurants at the Bravern, Wild Ginger and John Howie Steak, have zero street presence at all and are totally closed off from the rest of the complex.

Luckily, despite these oversights the complex is still at close to capacity and hopefully this new owner will be able to bring some innovative ideas
I'd add one more thing: it's really in the middle of nowhere. Besides the fact that it's close to 405, I wouldn't have put such a large investment in that area. Those shops and Neiman Marcus should have been closer to Bellevue Square. There's no way in hell most people would walk from Bellevue Square to the Bravern. Perhaps that was the point...however, Bellevue Square also has many shops that cater to extremely rich clientele...and perhaps the shops at the Bravern could have cashed in on that had they been closer to the mall.
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #3192
BellevueBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
I'd add one more thing: it's really in the middle of nowhere. Besides the fact that it's close to 405, I wouldn't have put such a large investment in that area. Those shops and Neiman Marcus should have been closer to Bellevue Square. There's no way in hell most people would walk from Bellevue Square to the Bravern. Perhaps that was the point...however, Bellevue Square also has many shops that cater to extremely rich clientele...and perhaps the shops at the Bravern could have cashed in on that had they been closer to the mall.
Yeah I agree, but that is more out of their control. I think the Washington Square site would've been perfect for a development like the Bravern.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #3193
BellevueBoy

I think it's time to finally update the first page. All the projects listed under "u/c" are now complete. Currently there's nothing under construction right now in downtown Bellevue unless you count the new parking garage for the library
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #3194
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

Quote:
I think it's time to finally update the first page. All the projects listed under "u/c" are now complete. Currently there's nothing under construction right now in downtown Bellevue unless you count the new parking garage for the library
Yeah I got some editing to do. Don't worry I'll get around to it soon.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:55 AM   #3195
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

Quote:
OK I finally did it.
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM   #3196
LCIII

Bond-

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1491131

What about this one?
LCIII no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:06 PM   #3197
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

^
Done!
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM   #3198
LCIII

LCIII no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM   #3199
LCIII

NYC LLC pays $79M for Bravern's retail
By JOURNAL STAFF

The Shops at the Bravern sold yesterday for $79 million, public records show. The buyer is listed as a limited liability company with a New York City address.
LCIII no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #3200
BellevueBoy

Quote:
NYC LLC pays $79M for Bravern's retail
By JOURNAL STAFF

The Shops at the Bravern sold yesterday for $79 million, public records show. The buyer is listed as a limited liability company with a New York City address.
Seems kind of low for a shopping center that contains a Neiman Marcus. Hopefully this new owner will know what they're doing, I always got the sense that Schnitzer were way over their heads when they stepped out of their comfort zone and built retail/housing. They should just stick to office development.

Closed Thread

Tags
stipson