daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #21
deepu051993
Fan of TN-45

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
what yar..... trichy-dindigul-karur too far
Ya i just listed out ways to reach and mentioned circutous. Nh 67 is the only road to reach directly.
deepu051993 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM   #22
Vasu
typing.....

Likes (Received): 60

Guys, Nowadays people can get driving license very easily without proper driving instruction, so what kind of strict rules should implement? post your suggestion and discussion
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #23
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 8086

2 wheeler - 8 podanum kala Keezha vaikkama

4 wheeler - 7 1/2 podanum. Break pidikkama.
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM   #24
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan infratech View Post

On a serious note, I think that nowadays, they also want us to put a 'Z' while getting license to drive a Two wheeler. My sister applied for a DL using her Hero Honda pleasure and the Brake inspector told her to put a 'Z' also. Don't know whether this is a mandatory thing though. Somebody could clarify.
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM   #25
Vasu
typing.....

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan infratech View Post
2 wheeler - 8 podanum kala Keezha vaikkama

7 1/2 ah?........namake 7 1/2 aagidume!!!!!!
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #26
KONGU-NADAN

Likes (Received): 0

Tambaram to Salem/Rasipuram

On the 19th of February 2012 I will be going to Tiruchengodu via Villupuram-Ulundurpettai-Attur-Salem/Rasipuram. How is the road from Attur to salem and from Attur to Rasipuram. Rasipuram-Vaippamalai-Ramavaram will be a shorter rute to my village. So can anyone give me details about Ulundurpettai-Attur-Salem road and Ulundurpettai-Attur-Rasipuram road
KONGU-NADAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #27
TShyam

Likes (Received): 189

NH 68 is under construction. Particularly the Kallakurichi-Attur section is very bad. So I suggest you take the Bangalore road (NH4) till Vaniyambadi and take a right towards Tirupathur. The road goes to Salem through Uthangarai and Harur. The distance is the same (330-340km), the roads are very good and quite scenic. There is very minimal traffic and the drive is quite enjoyable. The road joins NH68 at Ayodhyapattinam. Within 4 kms, you will encounter Salem byepass from which you take the NH7 towards Rasipuram.
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #28
karthikarthik

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TShyam View Post
NH 68 is under construction. Particularly the Kallakurichi-Attur section is very bad. So I suggest you take the Bangalore road (NH4) till Vaniyambadi and take a right towards Tirupathur. The road goes to Salem through Uthangarai and Harur. The distance is the same (330-340km), the roads are very good and quite scenic. There is very minimal traffic and the drive is quite enjoyable. The road joins NH68 at Ayodhyapattinam. Within 4 kms, you will encounter Salem byepass from which you take the NH7 towards Rasipuram.

The route proposed by Shyam(Most scenic route) will be 340 KM. 130 KM will be state highway.

Alternative routes(Via Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri) Excellent road condition, You can save time in this route)-370 KM
Tambaram-Sripreumbudur-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Rasipuram
(NH4, NH46, NH7) all national higways, Good raod, Toll road.

Last option(380 KM-95 KM will be state highway):
Tambaram-Perambalur(GST Road) Four laned road.
Perambalur-Thuraiyur-Namakkal-state highway(Good road. On an average I maintained 80 Kmph)-95 KM
Namakkal-Rasipuram-32 KM(NH7 4 laned)
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #29
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 8086

If you are keen on time saving, driving pleasure & not bothered about the toll, take Chennai Vellore Krishnagiri Salem route.
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #30
TShyam

Krishnagiri Dharmapuri route is good but I have a few problems with it.

1. Atleast 35 to 40 km longer than NH68/Tirupattur route. Krishnagiri itself is a good 60 km from Vaniyambadi and Salem (Seelanaickanpatti) is a further 130 km. OTOH, it is only 150 km from Vaniyambadi if Tirupattur route is taken.

2. Nowadays the traffic from Magnesite ROB to Seelanaickanpatti bypass is horrible. Whatever time you gain due to good roads would be lost here. It is fully urbanized and looks like Tambaram-Chengalpattu. The other side of the bypass from Ayodhyapattinam to Seelanaickanpatti is quite rural and you can easily average 50-60kmph.

3. The toll - OMG it costs more than 200 bucks from Chennai to Salem; that is more than the cost of sleeper tickets. If you branch out at Vaniyambadi, the toll is only like 100 bucks.

For the last 2-3 years, Tirupattur-Salem is kind of our standard. Such a fun to drive route.

Actually there is also another route - Chennai-Tindivanam-Gingee-Tiruvannamalai-Harur-Salem.

Again the distance is the same, with very little traffic. I am going to try this next time.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #31
gvijayan
GV

Likes (Received): 145

If your ultimate destination is Ramavaram (Ramapuram rather), you need not go to Rasipuram from Salem.

Take, Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem (bypass) - Ariyanoor (NH47) Left turn - Attayampatti - Mallasamudram. Then you need to take a left turn towards Ramapuram either at Morepalayam, or even right after the Mahendra Engineering College Campus.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #32
KONGU-NADAN

Tambaram to Salem/Rasipuram

We have taken both Vellore-krishnagiri and vellore-Uthangarai rute we just wanted to try this rute.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #33
KONGU-NADAN

Tambaram to Morepalayam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvijayan View Post
If your ultimate destination is Ramavaram (Ramapuram rather), you need not go to Rasipuram from Salem.

Take, Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem (bypass) - Ariyanoor (NH47) Left turn - Attayampatti - Mallasamudram. Then you need to take a left turn towards Ramapuram either at Morepalayam, or even right after the Mahendra Engineering College Campus.
Actually Morepalayam is where I have to go.
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #34
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 599

Guys, any idea on the number of toll plazas in the Madurai to Tuticorin NH? And their location?
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #35
geico2000
Mission Peace

Likes (Received): 1787

Quote:
Krishnagiri Dharmapuri route is good but I have a few problems with it.

For the last 2-3 years, Tirupattur-Salem is kind of our standard. Such a fun to drive route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONGU-NADAN View Post
We have taken both Vellore-krishnagiri and vellore-Uthangarai rute we just wanted to try this rute.

Tirupattur-Salem via Uthankarai and Harur used to be single lane in many places with lot of pathholes (2006). It used to take more than 5 hours in bus from Salem - Vellore at that time. How is this road now, has this improved. If its good, I will try next time. I need to go to Pollachi from Vellore.

Guys,

After GQ I tried all these routs from Vellore to Pollachi.

1) Vellore - Krishnagiri - salem - Bhavani -chengapalli - Uthukuli Rd, Tirupur, palladam - pollachi, but travelling through Tirupur is nightmare unless its early morning or late night. It takes nearly 60-90 mins to cross Tirupur.

2) Vellore - Krishnagiri - salem - Bhavani -chengapalli - Avinashi, palladam - pollachi. This was good.

3) Vellore - Krishnagiri - salem - Bhavani -Perundurai- Kangayam, palladam - pollachi. I have taken this route once, but could not remember anything.

Any idea about the number 3 and any other better directions?

4) Vellore - Krishnagiri - Thoppur - Bhavani -Perundurai- Kangayam, palladam - pollachi but Thoppur - Bhavani via Mettur Dam, was horrible (2006), full of path holes ,Any idea about this road now?

Last edited by geico2000; February 13th, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
geico2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #36
TShyam

Yeah Tirupattur - Salem is smooth. In a few places you may find some bumps but nothing major.

PS: Travelled six months back. May or may not be true now.
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #37
geico2000
Mission Peace

Likes (Received): 1787

Quote:
Yeah Tirupattur - Salem is smooth. In a few places you may find some bumps but nothing major.

PS: Travelled six months back. May or may not be true now.
Thanks Shyam. Will take that route this June/July.
geico2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #38
TShyam

Yup. And give us a report.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #39
KONGU-NADAN

Rute info

On the 19th of Feb we took the Vilupuram-Ulunderpet-Attur rute to go from Tambaram to Salem.
-->Over all road is good but the stretch from Attur to Salem is alone quiet bad. -->On 19th we went feom Vandaloor to Attur in 3-hours-and-40-minutes. Maximum speed ~130km/h (Between Chengalpet and MelMaruvathur).
-->While returning it took 3-hours and-60-minutes. Max speed ~160km/h (between Attur Kallakuruchi).
--> Kallakuruchi Byepass is completed.
-->Attur Bye-pass is not completed.
-->There are no proper instructions in the Attur-Salem Road. In some areas both sides of the road in used by vehicles moving in both directions.
-->We were able to go constantly above 100km/h in bettween Ulunderpet and Attur.
-->Between Ulundurpet and Attur the road is 2+2 laned (with divider) and in some areas it is 1+1 laned (without divider) but there were no problems in driving in these roads.
--> In Attur-Kundlampatti byepass road avg speed was around 50km/h.
--> Hope the road is completely laid by the time We go in May.
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #40
TShyam

Thanks.. We will try this next time..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: