daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Toronto > Urban Issues

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM   #2561
AndrewJM3D

Likes (Received): 477

This skit was 25 years too soon.

Sponsored Links

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2562
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 6283

Mayor Tommy Shanks! hehe.... I had completely forgotten about him. How apropos!
Taller, Better está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #2563
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 953

Marcanadian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #2564
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 156

HA i love that video! thats one of the better adaptations i've seen of it too..
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #2565
icemachine

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcanadian View Post

Best Downfall subtitling ever!
icemachine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #2566
yin_yang

Likes (Received): 21

Hahaha! Well-done by all.
yin_yang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #2567
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 6283

Brilliant!
Taller, Better está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #2568
sgups

Likes (Received): 15

just brilliant!!!
sgups no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2569
AndrewJM3D

That was amazing and will go viral in this city.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #2570
AndrewJM3D

It's at only 30 views at 2:00pm Friday the 24th of February. Lets see how fast that number rises.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #2571
Mollywood

Likes (Received): 51

Great video Marcanadian.
Mollywood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #2572
AndrewJM3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJM3D View Post
That was amazing and will go viral in this city.

Okay, so far not so much, lol.
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #2573
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 953

For those who are interested, Giorgio Mammoliti has created a Facebook page for transit on Finch asking us what we prefer to see. It's mostly one-sided towards subways (surprise, everyone wants subways).

Here's the page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/304098096320683/

If you're going to post, be respectful. The pro-subway crew is already calling the pro-LRT crew communists and pinkos, so I'd rather not we stoop to their level.
Marcanadian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #2574
AndrewJM3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcanadian View Post
For those who are interested, Giorgio Mammoliti has created a Facebook page for transit on Finch asking us what we prefer to see. It's mostly one-sided towards subways (surprise, everyone wants subways).

Here's the page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/304098096320683/

If you're going to post, be respectful. The pro-subway crew is already calling the pro-LRT crew communists and pinkos, so I'd rather not we stoop to their level.

Thanks for the link, it seems it's backfiring on Georgie though, as the truth on his ward comes out.

Emery Village BIA reports UNANIMUOUS suppoirt for LRT!

Old February 26th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #2575
current

Likes (Received): 7

The truth is coming out but unfortunately Ford does not want it to get in the way of his agenda - Toronto Star article:
James: Mayor Rob Ford, a Crippled General Laid Bare

By Royson James
City Columnist
Fri Feb 24 2012

...The mayor killed Transit City without council approval. He then signed a private agreement with the province that exposes the city to as much as $100 million in liabilities and refused to let council vote on it — even though the agreement says he must. When council reinstated the elements of Transit City, Mayor Ford dismissed the vote as “irrelevant.” And to back up the stunning declaration, the mayor fired the head of the TTC for advocating for the council position. In essence, the mayor fired the TTC’s chief general manager, Gary Webster, for agreeing with city council. If that isn’t contempt of city council, what is? ... Current traditions, conventions and rules lead to one conclusion: Council is supreme. The mayor is a first among equals, but he rules by consensus, not by fiat....

...Mayor Ford has the mandate to lead council and drive them towards his vision of the city. He does not have the mandate to fire the transit boss whose views are aligned with the majority of council; he does not have the mandate to be vindictive; he does not have the mandate to thwart the will of council; he does not have the mandate to be in contempt of city council....

...Toronto is on the precipice of a crisis created by a contemptuous mayor who acts like a monarch. And everyone is discovering the emperor has no clothes.

Read More: http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhall...eral-laid-bare
current no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #2576
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 156

I have trouble envisioning our oh so beloved emperor without any clothes.. (It would be quite a scary sight seeing a 300lb man without anything covering up the fat folds)
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #2577
current

Likes (Received): 7

lol and now the brothers Ford have a live radio show - The Grid online article:
Radio Free Ford?

BY: EDWARD KEENAN
FRI FEB 24, 2012

So Rob and Doug Ford are going to have a radio show. Starting at 1 p.m. this Sunday on CFRB 1010, the mayoral family will be hosting a two-hour talk show where, in Doug’s words, “you’re going to get the straight goods… from Rob and I. You aren’t going to have the media twisting it around like they’ve been twisting it around for the last year and a half.” It’s not entirely clear to me whether this will be a good thing for the brothers Ford. As Doug said in the same breath, “It’s going to be controversial at times.”...Whatever the ethics or advisability of the Ford show for the radio station, though, it is bound to also be interesting and controversial—perhaps refreshingly so—for listeners and followers of Toronto politics who wonder exactly what the heck is going on in the mayor’s head....

...And that’s probably a good thing. It’s hard to have a debate when one side relies exclusively on canned slogans and backroom political maneuvering. Good, bad and ugly, we’ll actually get a chance to hear what they mayor thinks rather than hear him read a script one of his advisors has given him. That may confirm the hopes of his boosters and the fears of his critics, or it may sometimes surprise both listeners and his staff. If the mayor’s side of Toronto’s many open arguments has any substance or depth at all—or if it doesn’t—we’ll soon know. The city deserves to have some idea that the mayor is aware of what the issues facing the city are, and to know what he thinks about them, if he thinks about them at all. And starting Sunday, we may finally get that chance. And if nothing else, it’s likely to be an entertaining sideshow.

Read More: http://www.thegridto.com/city/politics/radio-free-ford/
current no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2578
vid

Likes (Received): 892

The fact that the mayor feels a need to "set the record straight" with a radio show is pretty scary.

Our mayor has this thing called "walkabout Wednesdays" where he wanders around some place on Wednesday afternoon just talking to people. Doesn't do it as often as he used to, but it was pretty affective at connecting to people. Of course, it involves walking; something Ford fears.
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #2579
AndrewJM3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
The fact that the mayor feels a need to "set the record straight" with a radio show is pretty scary.

Our mayor has this thing called "walkabout Wednesdays" where he wanders around some place on Wednesday afternoon just talking to people. Doesn't do it as often as he used to, but it was pretty affective at connecting to people. Of course, it involves walking; something Ford fears.
Mayor Miller used to be on City TV each week taking calls, emails, and tweets. He had nothing to hide. Rob needs to travel everywhere with his brother and only talks on his right-wing radio station where no doubt 99% of the aniti-Ford calls are blocked.
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #2580
Mollywood

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJM3D View Post
Mayor Miller used to be on City TV each week taking calls, emails, and tweets. He had nothing to hide. Rob needs to travel everywhere with his brother and only talks on his right-wing radio station where no doubt 99% of the aniti-Ford calls are blocked.
I'm listening to it right now and a few anti-subway calls are getting through. I especially liked when one woman asked Rob a question and Doug went to answer. She abruptly cut him off and said, I asked the mayor that question. lol Of course, Mr. Mayor didn't really answer the question anyway.
Mollywood no está en línea   Reply With Quote