daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:09 PM   #241
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Likes (Received): 2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxriainxxx View Post
A new era of cooperation between Aklan and Negros.
30 years ago, only the affluent people from Negros could go to Boracay with chartered private planes to Caticlan Airstrip. Land travel isn't that popular for Negrenses since no fast crafts yet exist and a long land trip exhausts them.

Now, its a good opportunity for Negrenses to enjoy the world-famous Boracay Island......

If these BCD-MPH flights prosper, there might be chances they would also have routes to the future Kabankalan Airport and/or Sipalay Airport (airstrip) for more island hopping adventure choices.
boy muscovado está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM   #242
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Likes (Received): 218

BusinessMirror.com.ph Home Banking Airports and the DOTC priorities
Airports and the DOTC priorities
TUESDAY, 21 FEBRUARY 2012 20:01 ZOILO ‘BINGO’ DEJARESCO III / FREE ENTERPRISE

Airports seem to have a great focus of the DOTC in the first PPP project batch touching on the expansion or improvements in the NAIA, Puerto Princesa, Bohol, Cebu, Caticlan and Tacloban airports.

Noticeably, the identified airports are also major entry points to popular tourist destinations, underscoring the government’s determination to hit the Philippine’s working target of 10 million visitors by 2015. Most recently launched was the catchy Tourism Slogan “More Fun in the Philippines,” firing the imagination of local tour operators to come up to par.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #243
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Fil-Am architect designing 2,000-seat Cebu Church–something that’s never been seen
Carlos Arnaiz, who’s also designing the Boracay airport, uses fresh eyes to keep from repeating himself

By: Alex Y. Vergara
Philippine Daily Inquirer
2:56 am | Wednesday, February 1st, 2012

Style is one word Carlos Arnaiz, a Filipino-American architect based in New York, tends to avoid when asked to describe what sets him apart from fellow practitioners. And he has a good reason to do so.
Aranaiz was in Manila recently to oversee projects. They include the Shrine of Mary, a Catholic church to rise in a reclaimed area in Cebu, and the new and bigger Boracay International Airport, a public-private partnership between the national government and San Miguel Corp.
“What I try to do is produce something that hasn’t been seen before,” he said. “Sometimes, I hope it’s something that I haven’t seen before.”
Arnaiz, who finished architecture at Harvard University, has been practicing for a little over 12 years now. After working for a number of firms in the US, he put up his own architecture firm in Brooklyn, CAZA or Carlos Arnaiz Architects, almost four years ago, and now employs a dozen or so associate architects from various parts of the globe.
Other than in the US and the Philippines, CAZA has ongoing projects in Colombia (Arnaiz’s mother hails from there), Brazil and Taiwan. The company has also done projects in Korea, Malaysia and Costa Rica.
Master plan
Once finished, the Boracay International Airport, which is located in Caticlan, can accommodate more and bigger planes to and from the world-famous tourist destination.
“I’m quite excited about the Boracay project,” said Arnaiz, 35. “We’re not doing any construction yet, as we’ve just been through the master plan.”
But the overhaul will be massive. The terminal building will be just one of eight new buildings in an airport that will be expanded from 800-2,000 meters. People behind the project will have to work around the old airport without disrupting current operations.
“One of the main challenges is how to make a responsive airport without making it, particularly the terminal building, too generic,” he said. “An airport’s functionality requirements are quite intense, but how do you make a building that’s relaxed? A lot of today’s airports feel overwrought. They’re trying to do too much.”

This is it

Last edited by Aerolineas; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Aerolineas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM   #244
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Likes (Received): 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy muscovado View Post
30 years ago, only the affluent people from Negros could go to Boracay with chartered private planes to Caticlan Airstrip. Land travel isn't that popular for Negrenses since no fast crafts yet exist and a long land trip exhausts them.

Now, its a good opportunity for Negrenses to enjoy the world-famous Boracay Island......

If these BCD-MPH flights prosper, there might be chances they would also have routes to the future Kabankalan Airport and/or Sipalay Airport (airstrip) for more island hopping adventure choices.
The City Government of Sipalay has long been advocating flights to Sipalay Airport. I guess direct connection between Bacólod and Boracay with connections to Palawan partially closes the tourism triangle and open Sipalay Airport to countless possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolineas View Post

Fil-Am architect designing 2,000-seat Cebu Church–something that’s never been seen
Carlos Arnaiz, who’s also designing the Boracay airport, uses fresh eyes to keep from repeating himself

By: Alex Y. Vergara
Philippine Daily Inquirer
2:56 am | Wednesday, February 1st, 2012

Style is one word Carlos Arnaiz, a Filipino-American architect based in New York, tends to avoid when asked to describe what sets him apart from fellow practitioners. And he has a good reason to do so.
Aranaiz was in Manila recently to oversee projects. They include the Shrine of Mary, a Catholic church to rise in a reclaimed area in Cebu, and the new and bigger Boracay International Airport, a public-private partnership between the national government and San Miguel Corp.
“What I try to do is produce something that hasn’t been seen before,” he said. “Sometimes, I hope it’s something that I haven’t seen before.”
Arnaiz, who finished architecture at Harvard University, has been practicing for a little over 12 years now. After working for a number of firms in the US, he put up his own architecture firm in Brooklyn, CAZA or Carlos Arnaiz Architects, almost four years ago, and now employs a dozen or so associate architects from various parts of the globe.
Other than in the US and the Philippines, CAZA has ongoing projects in Colombia (Arnaiz’s mother hails from there), Brazil and Taiwan. The company has also done projects in Korea, Malaysia and Costa Rica.
Master plan
Once finished, the Boracay International Airport, which is located in Caticlan, can accommodate more and bigger planes to and from the world-famous tourist destination.
“I’m quite excited about the Boracay project,” said Arnaiz, 35. “We’re not doing any construction yet, as we’ve just been through the master plan.”
But the overhaul will be massive. The terminal building will be just one of eight new buildings in an airport that will be expanded from 800-2,000 meters. People behind the project will have to work around the old airport without disrupting current operations.
“One of the main challenges is how to make a responsive airport without making it, particularly the terminal building, too generic,” he said. “An airport’s functionality requirements are quite intense, but how do you make a building that’s relaxed? A lot of today’s airports feel overwrought. They’re trying to do too much.”

This is it
2,000m? I guess this will be an airport serving A320's but if my memory serves me right, I heard that the final length will be 2,500? I am not sure but I read about it somewhere. I guess in the future, widebodies will serve KLO while A320's and turboprops with MPH.
República Negrénse, "...if God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31, NIV 1984

ONEGROS Negros for the Negrenses, Support #NegrosIslandRegion.
RepublicaNegrense no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #245
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicaNegrense View Post

The City Government of Sipalay has long been advocating flights to Sipalay Airport. I guess direct connection between Bacólod and Boracay with connections to Palawan partially closes the tourism triangle and open Sipalay Airport to countless possibilities.

2,000m? I guess this will be an airport serving A320's but if my memory serves me right, I heard that the final length will be 2,500? I am not sure but I read about it somewhere. I guess in the future, widebodies will serve KLO while A320's and turboprops with MPH.
2000 m probably he is talking about the initial length but most info I hear it's 2,200-2,300 m. It' good to know that the Architect is avoiding the too generic usual Airports it will be an exciting project as he mention this is a massive project a total of 8 Buildings.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:57 AM   #246
Aerolineas
WE'RE GLOBAL DESTINATION

Pag natapos na ang Boracay Airport for sure some of the World's famous Airlines will have direct Flights here lalo na pag ang Airport mismo ay isang Architectural Masterpiece magigising narin ang Northern Panay for all the opportunities but if they want to have a minimal cost well they have best option in KLO okey lang rin na maging option sa Aklan parin.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM   #247
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

Likes (Received): 1916

I think it's a great idea to connect popular tourist destinations- more like the Airline version of Hop on Hop Off.

An ideal domestic connection would be like this

Coron - Puerto Princesa - Caticlan/Kalibo - Bacolod - Cebu/Bohol - Naga
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM   #248
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Quote:
I think it's a great idea to connect popular tourist destinations- more like the Airline version of Hop on Hop Off.

An ideal domestic connection would be like this

Coron - Puerto Princesa - Caticlan/Kalibo - Bacolod - Cebu/Bohol - Naga
That's my dream island hopping... all places with wonderful beaches. I think these flights between Bacólod and Boracay closes that tourism triangle of white sand beaches, El-Nido/Coron–Boracay/Northern Panay–Hinobaan/Cauayan/Sipalay–Mactan–Panglao.
República Negrénse, "...if God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31, NIV 1984

Old February 24th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #249
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicaNegrense View Post

That's my dream island hopping... all places with wonderful beaches. I think these flights between Bacólod and Boracay closes that tourism triangle of white sand beaches, El-Nido/Coron–Boracay/Northern Panay–Hinobaan/Cauayan/Sipalay–Mactan–Panglao.
It would certainly be a hit amongst tourists...

Hop on Hop Off!
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #250
habagatcentral1
Nomad of South Central

Likes (Received): 467

I thought Seair was already flying Caticlan to El Nido?
habagatcentral1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #251
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habagatcentral1 View Post
AFAIK, Only MPH-PPS.
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #252
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
I think its only Caticlan-Puerto Princesa and Caticlan-Coron. Is this route still on service regularly or seasonal?
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #253
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

I think MPH-PPS is seasonal, same goes for flights to Coron.
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #254
Sky Harbor
Green + Maroon = Blue. :D

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
AFAIK, Only MPH-PPS.
Sky Pasada is flying MPH-PPS, not SEAIR.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #255
xxxriainxxx
Filipino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Harbor View Post
Uh, did i say SEAIR? Although SEAIR used to ply that route too, right?
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #256
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Harbor View Post
I was in Boracay last 2008-2009 when SEAir launched their Caticlan-Puerto Princesa and Caticlan-Coron routes. So that means SkyPasada took over that route already?
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #257
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Quote:
Quote:
AFAIK, Only MPH-PPS.
Quote:
It would certainly be a hit amongst tourists...

Hop on Hop Off!
Quote:
I think its only Caticlan-Puerto Princesa and Caticlan-Coron. Is this route still on service regularly or seasonal?
Quote:
I think MPH-PPS is seasonal, same goes for flights to Coron.
SEAir MPH-PPS or MPH-ENI is seasonal. I wonder if the Sky Pasada MPH-PPS and MPH-ENI, with MPH-BCD is seasonal too but as of the Airline Manager's words, it looks like it is here to stay from then on but with frequencies adjusted from time to time.

Old February 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #258
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Quote:
Uh, did i say SEAIR? Although SEAIR used to ply that route too, right?
Quote:
I was in Boracay last 2008-2009 when SEAir launched their Caticlan-Puerto Princesa and Caticlan-Coron routes. So that means SkyPasada took over that route already?
It still does seasonal but seasonal in the sense that they will from time to time announce, unlike their Manila-originating flights that has it regular on summer. I like the plane they use in those destinations, Dornier 328 turboprop or jet, my favorite.

Old February 25th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #259
chillendawg

Likes (Received): 11

enough said, let's start the darn airport and then we'll talk..lol
chillendawg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #260
Simplegurl18
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillendawg View Post
enough said, let's start the darn airport and then we'll talk..lol
wait for 1 more year..lol

All the talk, these only cements that Aklan is the region's undisputed tourism capital in BOTH DOMESTIC and INTERNATIONAL numbers.
Simplegurl18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote