daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Old February 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #30201
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josau View Post
I doubt buildings will go bankrupt, the only thing that will happen from this is that dead beat landloards will learn to start paying they're bills.

It's normal everywhere if you don't pay, your cut off.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #30202
IBROX

Likes (Received): 0

All,

I would like to apologise to those contributors who sent me personal messages which went unanswered. No excuses!
I am still negotiating with DEC regarding MW2, and as soon as the issue is resolved I will post details.
General question though.........are there ANY good quality apartments in the Marina for sale just now at a knockdown price?

IBROX
IBROX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #30203
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 236

Dubai residents misusing balconies to be fined from March

Trakhees says awareness campaign ends this month; fine set at Dh500 per offence

By Parag DeulgaonkarPublished Saturday, February 25, 2012

Residents of Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Lakes Tower, International City and Discovery Gardens will start getting fines from March if they are found hanging clothes or having a barbecue on their balcony, 'Emirates24|7' can reveal.

Trakhees, the organisational arm of Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation, supervises residential communities, which also includes Jumeirah Heights Jumeirah Village, Jebel Ali Downtown, will end its awareness campaign that started in October last year by month-end.

“We will end our awareness campaign by end-February and start issuing fines to those not obeying the law from March,” a company spokesman told this website.

In November, the Community Conformance Division of Trakhees had informed residents not to fix satellite dishes on the facades or balconies of their buildings; not to use balconies as places of storage for any purpose other than seasonal furniture pieces; not to hang sheets, clothes or curtains or rugs or mops or laundry on balconies or railings of homes and not to have barbecues in their balconies.

The authority says it has undertaken a comprehensive community-based awareness campaign that includes a range of awareness-raising posters and brochures in five languages: Arabic, English, Hindi, Urdu, and Chinese. Those failing to follow the rules would face a fine Dh500 per offence.

Separately, tenants breaching the occupancy limit regulation set up Trakhees could face fines of up to Dh50,000. The maximum allowable occupancy limit for apartments is one person per 200 square feet from the total property area.

http://www.emirates247.com/property/...02-25-1.444857
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #30204
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 132

These are all Nakheel communities! Is that why the marina iss missing from the list?

Anyway we have heard it all before, lets see some action.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #30205
MMDXB

Hello, I went last Wednesday to RERA to check for any news. Well at least now the guys on the reception telling at least "yes it's canceled but it will take some time". When I went there last time the answer was only "if project not cancelled we can't do anything". Well at least I wanted to check because when you go to RERA online there it is nothing mention.

However I send my details to both emails mentioned above and it was not updated in there system. So i advise everyone to go personal there to update the details.

Anyone went to DEC these days ?
MMDXB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #30206
baba toto

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDXB View Post
Hello, I went last Wednesday to RERA to check for any news. Well at least now the guys on the reception telling at least "yes it's canceled but it will take some time". When I went there last time the answer was only "if project not cancelled we can't do anything". Well at least I wanted to check because when you go to RERA online there it is nothing mention.

However I send my details to both emails mentioned above and it was not updated in there system. So i advise everyone to go personal there to update the details.

Anyone went to DEC these days ?
Does anyone know what happened to Lawns III ?
baba toto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #30207
Green Hornet

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josau View Post
The next big real estate crisis in Dubai:bankrupt buildings becoming eventually unfit to live in
Couldn't agree more.
This is a massive issue which threatens to turn many buildings in Dubai into ghost towers.
From what I know the inept Goverment is doing zilch to address this issue.

There are zillions of investors who put their money into Dubai. Many have watched their investments tumble in price etc.Although much of this was due to the worldwide slump, the Goverment could have done something to help matters.They did nothing.

Now it is their duty to make sure those who don't pay their maintenance fees do pay.

I think this issue is important enough to warrant its own thread mods?
Green Hornet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #30208
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
the only thing that will happen from this is that dead beat landloards will learn to start paying they're bills.
O really? And why will they?
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #30209
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You need to get used to foreigners being in Dubai, it's what your Sheikh wanted. Not just for the financial stability in the future but for the added security it affords now!
Telling it like it is ! Over and out !

Basically not wishing to stir things up but if Dubai was swamped by westerners taking up all the positions of Goverment, admin, regulation, service, Dubai would prosper like you wouldn't believe.

Those in these positions currently are useless, inept, inexperienced, lazy, unorganised etc.
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #30210
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
O really? And why will they?
I think your above post say's it all. What's wrong with paying your maintenance fee's to insure your buildings upkeep is taken care of, and most important that it's not cut off from utility providers also ?

Yes there should be serious penalties for non payers because it's not fare to the people who do pay, and that's where we need government regulation to inforce that.

I'm a little confused with your reply, are you saying I'm right, or wrong with my view ?
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #30211
speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
Telling it like it is ! Over and out !

Basically not wishing to stir things up but if Dubai was swamped by westerners taking up all the positions of Goverment, admin, regulation, service, Dubai would prosper like you wouldn't believe.

Those in these positions currently are useless, inept, inexperienced, lazy, unorganised etc.
Don't you think the westerners need to get their own house in order first ?
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #30212
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post
Spec how about we put this nonesense behind us, and focus more on what we all have in common. Let's try to keep the forum a pleasure to post on, what do you say ?

A few of us have been hard on one another, but hey it's all water under the bridge, let's move on.
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #30213
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 276

Quote:
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #30214
James_

This topic is hardly ever used for its intended purpose any more

Its all become anti-western abuse

Remember without all foreign investment Dubai would still just be a desert!
James_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #30215
James_

And by intended purpose I mean
"Property and Investment in Dubai: your questions about the market"
James_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #30216
NeilP

21/02/2012

Dear Owners,

You might be aware that there was disruption to the water supply in the last few weeks to three of the Marina Diamond Buildings as DEWA supply was disconnected due to non payment of the DEWA bill. Yesterday DEWA acted upon their threats and disconnected the power supply to the common areas in Marina Diamond Building Number One. After tense negotiations with DEWA, Diamond Developers successfully managed to reconnect the electricity and water to all the Marina Diamond Buildings conditional that Diamond would sign an undertaking stating that all pending dues to DEWA will have to be settled within a maximum period of two weeks. Those who are defaulting on their maintenance fees have to make their payment immediately, in the event dues are not paid then we will have no alternative but to disconnect utilities to all defaulters.

If you have not made your payment, you are requested to make your payment immediately and no excuses, non payment will not be accepted. Treat this announcement very seriously and act accordingly.

This will start happening every where! Which apartments are next?
NeilP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #30217
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_ View Post
This topic is hardly ever used for its intended purpose any more

Its all become anti-western abuse

Remember without all foreign investment Dubai would still just be a desert!
Moderators should remove all rubbish about this..
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #30218
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3248

I don't see more "anti-western" rhetoric then "Dubai suck because it's not western" one, so everybody should just calm down and use the tiny or not so tiny brains they're blessed with.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #30219
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3248

I am tending to believe that the Dubai Authorities have been really scammed into implementing the district cooling. That tech was advertised as able to cut in half the cooling charges .... but what the tech providers seams to have conveniently failed to tell, is that true the A/C consumption would be cut in half, but the fee one has to pay for using the service is way much more then the savings achieved.

Same with the tram system ....
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #30220
Green Hornet

Quote:
Ridiculous.That's like saying Messi is useless because he had two bad games forgetting what he normally does.

My post wasn't trying to be confrontational I was just stating what many might think is obvious.

Tags
dubai