daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Canada Urban Issues

Canada Urban Issues For urban topics with national implications.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #5181
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 6541

Cute! And yummy at the same time. You work so hard on presentation and make your meals so beautiful.
Taller, Better está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #5182
dis dis

Likes (Received): 192

beetroot salad

dis dis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #5183
vanboy2
Terminator

Likes (Received): 1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taller, Better View Post
Cute! And yummy at the same time. You work so hard on presentation and make your meals so beautiful.
hahaha that is where the problems came in,my roommie always complains whenever I cook,he said "its just food and I am hungry,give me some'' and always say no no,not until I make its pretty enough to eat cause I don't like ugly foods..Thats the reason I never ever try something called ''exotic foods''.
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #5184
Taller, Better
Administrator

Your dishes look lovely and exotic to me!!!

I had Wheatabix with milk, a banana and yoghurt for breakie. Now lost 12 pounds since Jan 17 when I got home from my trip. Pretty easy diet, really. Just cut out a lot of crap. Also have managed to stay away from drinking so far till I feel comfortable with what I have lost, or want a treat some day. Would really like to have lost a total of 15 lb by my birthday in late March.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #5185
vanboy2
Terminator

Quote:
Your dishes look lovely and exotic to me!!!

I had Wheatabix with milk, a banana and yoghurt for breakie. Now lost 12 pounds since Jan 17 when I got home from my trip. Pretty easy diet, really. Just cut out a lot of crap. Also have managed to stay away from drinking so far till I feel comfortable with what I have lost, or want a treat some day. Would really like to have lost a total of 15 lb by my birthday in late March.
to me,exotic foods is something similar to this.

by the way congrats to getting healthy by changing your diet TB.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #5186
Taller, Better
Administrator

That is so mindlessly cruel.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #5187
vanboy2
Terminator

Quote:
That is so mindlessly cruel.
I know ,I love foods but if to the point someone have to torture something and called it ''exotic foods'',along that line is shark fin soup or dog meat and I have a huge problem with it.Thats just simply a cruelty period.
Old February 25th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #5188
AndrewJM3D

Likes (Received): 487

What makes that even worse is how highly intelligent we know Octopi to be.
Old February 25th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #5189
AndrewJM3D

I'm stayed in tonight. A little worse for ware from being out too late and too many pints last night so I made lasagna.

Layered

Domed

Baked

Plated
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #5190
Taller, Better
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJM3D View Post
What makes that even worse is how highly intelligent we know Octopi to be.
Unlike the stupid b**** pouring fricking salty soya sauce all over it to torture it. I hope they choked on it. How would they like it if someone poured soya sauce all over one of their babies?

Lasagne looks amazing! I see you cheat and use the ready to use dry noodles, like I do! I never got the hang of using freshly cooked noodles.

I just had Life Cereal, with a bit of crunchy granola poured on it. I have about a dozen boxes of cereal I use to Mix n' Match! Drives my b/f crazy.
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #5191
vanboy2
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJM3D View Post
I'm stayed in tonight. A little worse for ware from being out too late and too many pints last night so I made lasagna.

Layered

Domed

Baked

Plated
delishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #5192
AndrewJM3D

Quote:

Lasagne looks amazing! I see you cheat and use the ready to use dry noodles, like I do! I never got the hang of using freshly cooked noodles.
I cook it both ways but this time I was craving the frilly edges of the dry noodles. Also this way I find I cut smaller sizes then with the big sheets. I used ground chicken and spicy Italian sausage for the meat, so the smaller sizes are key to my continued weight loss.

I meant to snap a photo of my salad yesterday. I went to the Gardens Loblaws yesterday and bought a whole bunch of vegetables I had never seen before. That store is AWESOME!
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #5193
Taller, Better
Administrator

I love love love lasagne, and you can make a tub, cut it up and freeze it in portions. It freezes and heats up beautifully. Maybe I should make one this weekend! Thanks for the idea.
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #5194
Rumors

Likes (Received): 950

KFC.
Rumors no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #5195
Taller, Better
Administrator

I'm making another batch of chicken vegetable soup from scratch, because it not only tastes good, but is excellent for my diet!

I did not raise the chicken on my balcony.

It was cheap to make because Rabba had boneless chicken breasts on for $3 something a pound, and whole fresh cauliflowers for 99 cents each.
Also they had Campbell's 950ml chicken stock tetra packs on two for five bucks. The rest was just carrots, onions, potatoes, shallots and garlic which I
sautéed with Gallo Extra Virgin Olive oil, also on sale at Rabba for $3.99 a litre!! ( I bought their banana Cheerios on sale for $3.99 and inside was a coupon for
a free big tub of my fave yoghurt, Source strawberry!!) . Plus a few squirts of Worcester sauce and a couple of bay leaves ( the weird blackish things poking out in the top part). I put some milk in just before eating, as I like my chicken soup that way. The whole big saucepan of soup is cooling rapidly on my balcony as it is -4c tonight. The smell is driving my poor dog mad.

Tomorrow night will be chicken satays in peanut sauce to use up more of the el-cheapo chicken breasts.

Anyone in Vancouver grow their own Bay trees? Nice to run out in your yard and grab fresh bay leaves. My friend in England has a big one outside his house.
I doubt they would grow here.
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #5196
MissyC

That squid video made me sick! really ... no kiddig...I had to run to the washroom to throw up.

this one is even worse than 2 girls in one cup incident...this one is really cruel and so not tasty. How can people eat a live Squid? I know it is pretty much dead given the shape of it that is ready to be eaten and guess it is some reflex of the muscles to the Salt we capture here but then again, it is just horrible to see people really eating such and find it healty and tasty.

Gladly, the European Union does not allow such practices anywhere and if there is any such occuring anywhere, people will immediately report it and the restaurant will be doomed to close its doors and nobody will ever walk in.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #5197
vanboy2
Terminator

Vietnamese sub.

Old February 27th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #5198
vanboy2
Terminator

ok took me 30 mits to make these lovely button shrimp dumplings.So good.

Old February 27th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #5199
Ashok

Likes (Received): 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumors View Post
KFC.
You inspired me to go get this today for lunch!
The presence of others, even many others, who are different from me does not require me to abandon what I hold dear. I can be French-speaking and Canadian. I can be Haida, Aboriginal and Canadian. I can be Métis, from Toronto, and Canadian. I can be Muslim, Christian, or Jewish, a Quebecker, and still Canadian. Our history is the story of citizens who struggle with the different layers of their identities, and somehow manage to reconcile their overlapping commitments. - Cheif Justice McLachlin
Ashok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #5200
Taller, Better
Administrator

K-F-C-Dee-Live-Er-Ree!!! hehe!!