daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Albanian Forum > Zhvillimet Urbane > Arkitektura dhe Planifikimi Urban > Tirana

Tirana Projects and Construction Updates.

Old February 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #841
Buki
BANNED

Likes (Received): 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdiAlb View Post
That is not the only achievement of "comrade" China.
I'm not trying to justify what Kosovaar said but I think you missed his point. The comparison he made was not based on a Nation, Country or City level (we are all well aware of the obvious reasons why such comparison would be ridiculous to even mention).

I believe the purpose of Kosovaar's note was his concern that Skyscraper projects in both Albanian Capitals (Prishtina and Tirana) are taking longer to complete than many of us expected and I think it's a concern that we all share.

To be even more concrete, the issue with TID's slow completion and pushed deadlines is also shared with ENK and WTC in Prishtina and it's quite a shame because we are all really looking forward to have our Skyscrapers finished and be proud of.

To wrap up, we don't need to be like China, Dubai or New York; but what we can do is we can learn from their mistakes and also gain useful information, knowledge and experience from those projects and ideas that proved effective in their case and than try to apply them in our context as much as possible.
Buki no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #842
EdiAlb

Likes (Received): 22

The answer is simple. Don't even expect them to be finished anytime soon. Albania business mind have never impressed me much to say the least. I doubt if they ever bothered to make a proper business case when they decided to start with the construction.

Watch Out - Philippians 3:2

For the Wages of Sin is Death – Romans 6:23
EdiAlb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #843
red0eagle335

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki View Post
I'm not trying to justify what Kosovaar said but I think you missed his point. The comparison he made was not based on a Nation, Country or City level (we are all well aware of the obvious reasons why such comparison would be ridiculous to even mention).

I believe the purpose of Kosovaar's note was his concern that Skyscraper projects in both Albanian Capitals (Prishtina and Tirana) are taking longer to complete than many of us expected and I think it's a concern that we all share.

To be even more concrete, the issue with TID's slow completion and pushed deadlines is also shared with ENK and WTC in Prishtina and it's quite a shame because we are all really looking forward to have our Skyscrapers finished and be proud of.

To wrap up, we don't need to be like China, Dubai or New York; but what we can do is we can learn from their mistakes and also gain useful information, knowledge and experience from those projects and ideas that proved effective in their case and than try to apply them in our context as much as possible.
I think it's more of a financial/corruption issue rather than our workers not knowing how to build it. I don't know the details about the projects but I can guess they are lacking investors who want to buy offices or rooms, or they possibly ran out of funds. China and Dubai have the resources to make their projects work($$) and they are booming.

Like I said before I hope the city fixes the transportation issues. There's way too much traffic on the streets. I hope they make some trams, improve bus networks, train, etc.
red0eagle335 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #844
Buki
BANNED

Likes (Received): 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by red0eagle335 View Post
I think it's more of a financial/corruption issue rather than our workers not knowing how to build it. I don't know the details about the projects but I can guess they are lacking investors who want to buy offices or rooms, or they possibly ran out of funds. China and Dubai have the resources to make their projects work($$) and they are booming.
I wasn't talking about our people "not knowing how to built it" but about the actual need for our people to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible on how to deal with such investments/projects in general.
As we all know, the alfa and omega of such mega-projects are: reliable financial resources.

To me, it seems very unserious to even think about building mega-projects of this magnitude when the entire "strategy" is solely based on one thing - the possibility to sell/rent the space before the building is even close to finishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red0eagle335 View Post
Like I said before I hope the city fixes the transportation issues. There's way too much traffic on the streets. I hope they make some trams, improve bus networks, train, etc.
I agree.
Buki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #845
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1999

image hosted on flickr

maryspalding
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #846
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1999

image hosted on flickr

The Monster by Flogert, on Flickr
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #847
ollo

Likes (Received): 6

kjo eshte T/O
vetem se ka ngel pa u mbaruar nga brenda si ndertim nuk ka me u ngrite me kate
ollo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #848
AlbanPOLIMI

Likes (Received): 1565

51N4E: Double or Nothing.
An architecture report from Bruxelles by Christophe Van Gerrewey.

In occasione della mostra dedicata all'attivitą del suo studio, Freek Persyn racconta il metodo non dogmatico di 51N4E dove ciascun incarico ha le proprie regole [...]

http://www.domusweb.it/it/architectu...le-or-nothing/
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #849
Tartanzan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 421

Mund te na perkthesh ate pjesen qe eshte ne italisht?
Tartanzan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #850
Mr_Albalover

Likes (Received): 1860

17/2/12 - Asnje ndryshim

image hosted on flickr

Nga Marco Di Leo

"Ne, shqiptarėt e anės kombėtare, nuk kemi tjetėr mendim pėrveē ta heqim Shqipėrinė nga balta. Kėrkojmė tė jetojė kombi ynė me gjuhė tė tij, me mendime e me nder tė tij.
Sa shqiptarė janė tė ndershėm, do tė mbajnė tė gjithė mė anėn kombėtare. Ata qė janė zuzarė, shpirtrobėr e bij kurvash, le tė mbajnė mė anėt e tjera."
-Faik Konica
Mr_Albalover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #851
L1nk1g
FERT

Likes (Received): 726

Ka nje ndryshim,kane rene gjethet tek pemet rrotull dhe bora ka zbardhur deri ne rreze te malit... E gjeta??

Old February 26th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #852
Mr_Albalover

Likes (Received): 1860

^ Nga kjo pikepamje po , e gjete

Sa per punen e Kulles

image hosted on flickr

"Ne, shqiptarėt e anės kombėtare, nuk kemi tjetėr mendim pėrveē ta heqim Shqipėrinė nga balta. Kėrkojmė tė jetojė kombi ynė me gjuhė tė tij, me mendime e me nder tė tij.
Sa shqiptarė janė tė ndershėm, do tė mbajnė tė gjithė mė anėn kombėtare. Ata qė janė zuzarė, shpirtrobėr e bij kurvash, le tė mbajnė mė anėt e tjera."
-Faik Konica
Mr_Albalover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #853
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdiAlb View Post
That is not the only achievement of "comrade" China.

YES, IT IS A 13 STORY BUILDING LYING ON THE GROUND
An underground garage was being dug on the south side, to a depth of 4.6 meters.
The excavated dirt was being piled up on the north side, to a height of 10 meters.
The building experienced uneven lateral pressure from south and north.
This resulted in a lateral pressure of 3,000 tonnes, which was greater than what the pilings could tolerate.
Thus the building toppled over in the southerly direction

First, the apartment building was constructed.
Then the plan called for an underground garage to be dug out.
The excavated soil was piled up on the other side of the building.
Heavy rains resulted in water seeping into the ground.
The building began to tilt.
Then it began to shift and the "hollow" concrete pilings were snapped due to the uneven lateral pressures
And thus was born the eighth wonder of the world.

If the buildings were closer together it would have resulted in a domino effect.

They built 13 stories on grade, with no basement, and tied it all down to hollow pilings with no rebar.

Brought to you by the same guys that make your kids' toys and want to build your car.
Don't you feel better now, knowing that these are the guys manufacturing nearly EVERYTHING we buy and use today?

P.S.

China earthquake in 2008

Totally wrong and irrelevant answer, also a bullshit butt-hurt propaganda piece.

This building did not collapse because of the build quality, but because of unresponsible work carried out by someone else nearby.

Njesoj si ai pallati ne Gjirokaster a ku tjeter ishte, qe u rrezua para nja 2 - 3 vjetesh.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #854
PawelOtfinowski

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosovaar View Post

These Chinese "machines" finished a 15-floor building in only 48 hours.
this is so ugly!
PawelOtfinowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #855
Tartanzan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 421

Ku qendron problemi i kesaj ndertese? S'kane me para per ta perfunduar?
Tartanzan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #856
L1nk1g
FERT

Likes (Received): 726

Po.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #857
AlbanPOLIMI

Po eshte po i njejti refren o burr. Nisin zbatimin e projektit pa ndonje likuiditet kushedi se ēfare, duke bazuar vazhdimesine e ndertimit me te ardhurat qe priten te vine nga shitjet preventive. Nuk do te jete materializuar ndonje interes i madh nga bleresit, e keta nuk kane me para per te paguar konstruktorin per vazhdimin e punimeve (ne mos kane akoma para te prapambetura per te paguar).

E njejta gje po ndodh edhe me komplekset e banimit ne zonen e Unazes se Re.
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #858
rene1234
Carpe Diem

Likes (Received): 457

Mos ndoshta mungesa e punimeve ka lidhje me zgjedhjen e Bashes kryebashkiak, ndonje konflikt i vogel alla-shqiptarce?
rene1234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #859
AlbanPOLIMI

Kryebashkiaku nuk ka gje ne dore, per projektet private qe jane aprovuar.

Nese do te kishte pasur probleme burrokratike me parametrat teknik, lejen mjedisore etj, etj, do te binte ne kopetencat e qeverise qendrore, KRRTSH, Agjensia Rajonale e Mjedisit etj, etj....
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #860
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3409

Problemet me politiken jane mese reale dhe te mundeshme (duke pasur parasysh qe Fidel Ylli eshte nje nga investoret), por kulla ka ecur shume ngadale dhe gjate kohes se Rames, keshtu qe nuk mund te jete politika arsyeja e zvarritjeve.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote