daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Old February 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #30221
Green Hornet

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
I'm a little confused with your reply, are you saying I'm right, or wrong with my view ?
It's obvious.
You're wrong because owners do not have to pay their fees because there is no-one to make them do so.
Am I right or am I right?

I think we need to start a new thread with the title:
'Ghost Towers of Dubai'

Reckon it will be quite active any time soon.
Green Hornet no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #30222
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
Ridiculous.That's like saying Messi is useless because he had two bad games forgetting what he normally does.

My post wasn't trying to be confrontational I was just stating what many might think is obvious.
Obvious my ass, even if there is a truth to it, suggesting a foreign indipendent country should employ your people to progress as it should, it's a total idiotsy and sign of sick imperialistic supremacy that we can do without in here.

As for the "Ghost Tower" thread, no way there will be one. One (this) thread is enough!
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #30223
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
even if there is a truth to it,
There is.

Adios amigos
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #30224
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
Basically not wishing to stir things up but if Dubai was swamped by westerners taking up all the positions of Goverment, admin, regulation, service, Dubai would prosper like you wouldn't believe.

Check it out dude. I said 'if' not 'should'.
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #30225
Green Hornet

Quote:
As for the "Ghost Tower" thread, no way there will be one. One (this) thread is enough!
Shucks,have I hit a sore point? Has your investment turned into a ghost tower?

Who you gonna call - Ghostbusters !
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #30226
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 2668

I do NOT have any property investments, I'm here in this forum for the topic of it, skyscrapers and urbanity.

PS: In case you haven't noticed, I AM one of the 4 Ghostbusters here, so don't let yourself get sucked.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #30227
Green Hornet

Quote:
I AM one of the 4 Ghostbusters here, so don't let yourself get sucked.
I know what you meant,but some guys on here might be misunderstanding that.

Old February 27th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #30228
ramki007

Likes (Received): 2

Legal advice

I have invested in PAD( Omniyat), since its on hold from 2008, no progress or communication from developer, i am trying to file a case
not sure how the dubai laws or whats the success rate or costs to sue the builder?
Any advice is surely appreciated

its frustating to pay all the money and no progress or communication

Thanks
Rama Yada

Please PM, if its against forum rules
ramki007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #30229
speculator

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Spec how about we put this nonesense behind us, and focus more on what we all have in common. Let's try to keep the forum a pleasure to post on, what do you say ?

A few of us have been hard on one another, but hey it's all water under the bridge, let's move on.
Hey look I like think of myself as a nice amicable guy with balanced views. Just can't stand it when I see anti Islamic or anti arab gibe. Problem is you guys want to give but can't take it very well.

This forum is about " property & investment in Dubai " so yes lets keep it that way please.

Anyway PEACE !

Last edited by speculator; February 27th, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
speculator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #30230
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki007 View Post
I have invested in PAD( Omniyat), since its on hold from 2008, no progress or communication from developer, i am trying to file a case
not sure how the dubai laws or whats the success rate or costs to sue the builder?
Any advice is surely appreciated

its frustating to pay all the money and no progress or communication

Thanks
Rama Yada

Please PM, if its against forum rules
First thing is make sure you don't pay any more money. Second there is no point trying to sue if the developer is not active in Dubai. Try and find out if they have any assets or are still in Dubai in person. Thirdly, go to the land department and find out what the procedure is as they might be able to confirm it is cancelled and how to file a claim for a refund. Whether you get a refund or not will depend on the liquidity/solvency of the company.

Going through lawyers can be expensive. I believe the average cost of filing a case, going to arbitration and then having the arbitration enforced in court is around 120,000AED

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #30231
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post
Hey look I like think of myself as a nice amicable guy with balanced views. Just can't stand it when I see anti Islamic or anti arab gibe. Problem is you guys want to give but can't take it very well.

This forum is about " property & investment in Dubai " so yes lets keep it that way please.

Anyway PEACE !
"Just can't stand it when I see anti Islamic or anti arab gibe. Problem is you guys want to give but can't take it"

Where is this anti Islamic/Arab gibe that you refer to? Or is this just another case of "always the victims"???

In your profession you should be aware that there are none so blind as those who won't see!

Old February 27th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #30232
sgn7200

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissam11 View Post
Having read the story of Lawns 2, I sent an email to RERA asking about Lawns 5. this is their reply.

Dear Mr. Wissam,

Thank you for your email below, please be aware, that the project (Lawns V) under the developer “Dheeraj East Coast” Projects has been cancelled officially recently.

Actually, for the same developer some of the projects are still active and few were formally cancelled lately.

There are many projects ahead yours. We are liquidating project according to the official cancellation date (from old to new). In addition to that, whenever we are done with a project we start with the next to it auto.

We consider each project individually as it got it owns conditions and cases.

Regarding to the money refund, well actually it depends on the availability money in the escrow account. And, it divided by percentage to all investors.

The time frame for the liquidating process depends on the approval status from “Dubai Courts”, to begin liquidating investor's unit by the court accounts or through our section. There is no time frame for the exact reimbursement method.

If there is any update about this issue, we will try to contact investors.

I am ensuring you that one of the main steps of the liquidation is to announce through local Arabic & English newspaper. We ask for the original documents to bring within 2 weeks from the official announcement.

We have special email address for the projects under liquidation which is: liquidation@rera.gov.ae.

For your convenient please send your details (Project Name, Unit # & Investor Name) to it, as a first step of gathering data from you.
Recently, I asked my contact to visit the site of LAWN V and he came back with the info that DEC have recommenced work at the site and have not given up the project. This makes the whole situation very difficult to understand. On the one hand RERA are refusing to publish the list of CANCELLED PROJECTS and yet they are telling privately that LAWN V is CANCELLED. Either RERA have got their nickers in the twist or we are intentionally being directed to the wrong path. I would suggest two things: (1) Wissam 11 should scan the letter on RERA letterhead with full signatures and upload this letter on this web site and (2) we should then all write to DEC enclosing a copy of this letter from RERA and asking for a refund as per rules applying to projects cancelled by RERA.
sgn7200 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #30233
mowy2611

Any news guys? For those who didn't pay did u hear back from RERA?
mowy2611 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #30234
speculator

Likes (Received): 1

Yes as I diagnosed : you are definitely home sick.

Why don't you go to this site for some home comforts. Some even ship international.

Wasn't the weather lovely today.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/items/__gl...=228459_228459

Last edited by speculator; February 28th, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
speculator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #30235
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post

Yes as I diagnosed : you are definitely home sick.

Why don't you go to this site for some home comforts. Some even ship international.

Wasn't the weather lovely today.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/items/__gl...=228459_228459
So you completely avoid answering a serious question about you stirring up trouble with that infantile post. There was no anti Islamic or anti Arab gibe. You just created it for the benefit of attempting to grow bad feeling.

Ignorance certainly is bliss but try to contain your ignorance and not let it spill over onto this forum. Enjoy your day.

Old March 1st, 2012, 07:30 AM   #30236
wissam11

I didn't receive a letter, only an email. I can forward it you if send me your email addresses.
Also, when I went by Lawns V site in 2011, I did see ongoing construction, but Lawns V, and DEC had been removed from the bill boards, and another construction company and project name were in their place (check out photos on "DEC are lying thieving bastards" group on facebook)
I think they cancelled the project and sold the site / project.
wissam11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:32 AM   #30237
wissam11

Who wants to go to DEC office on Sheikh Zayed Road.
I can go on Thursdays after 3:00 pm.
wissam11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM   #30238
bister

Likes (Received): 5

You are in good hands with ACI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed N View Post
Surely we are making progress - be-it slow!
I am not sure how many investors have not paid, but we can take it that construction is happening - be interesting to see if things go back on hold once 32ns floor slad is done.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/inves...ng-447426.html

I am sure you must all be comfortable that your investment is in the safe hands of ACI. Also you can be comfortable that any future dispute you may have with this firm will be handled as diligently as was the case described in Arabian Business.

I am currently in Supreme Court with ACI after having won in two instances and is also progressing with an Execution Case. Obviously the first asset that my lawyers will attach are land, buildings and materials of Dubai Star, currently being developed by.....ACI.
bister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:58 PM   #30239
Porcello

Quote:
Originally Posted by bister View Post
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/inves...ng-447426.html

I am sure you must all be comfortable that your investment is in the safe hands of ACI. Also you can be comfortable that any future dispute you may have with this firm will be handled as diligently as was the case described in Arabian Business.

I am currently in Supreme Court with ACI after having won in two instances and is also progressing with an Execution Case. Obviously the first asset that my lawyers will attach are land, buildings and materials of Dubai Star, currently being developed by.....ACI.
Then I hope you will be luckier than the guy of the article... his lawyers were not able to attach any ACI asset (including presumably Dubai Star).
Porcello no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:30 PM   #30240
sgn7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissam11 View Post
Who wants to go to DEC office on Sheikh Zayed Road.
I can go on Thursdays after 3:00 pm.
Please let us know all the information you can get from DEC. They are saying they are moving ahead with the project and obtaining stage payments from Escrow Account. If the project is cancelled, I am pretty certain DEC are crafty enough to have emptied the bank escrow account and left nothing to share between us. Changing the sign board means nothing as they have new contractor and it is the new contractor whose name is shown on the notice board. If you are serious in your thinking that DEC have sold or have absconded with our money, you can check with the master developer Nakheel who is equally responsible to us for the development. My view is take a positive view and we should all press DEC to deliver for which they have already collected from us our life savings. Do not expect RERA to solve anything for us. They themselves are in shambles and I am sure by cancelling the project they will put us in shambles. My message to all of you is: be helpful to DEC and at the same time be forceful and demand the delivery of the project for which we have paid them.
sgn7200 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai