daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 300m/1,000 ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:55 AM   #1001
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2102

This fountain will be huge! It looks to be around 3 stories tall and at least 30m long.

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM   #1002
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 541

I'm convinced now that this entire development is on par with the WTC as most important and influential in the city.

The towers are nice, but the gifts Related will be giving this nice chunk of west side Manhattan are unmatched in an urban project. It's the 21st century Rockefeller Center.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:38 AM   #1003
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I agree. Also, the city is giving the West Side a nice gift with the new Hudson Boulevard that it is creating. It will be amazing.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:39 AM   #1004
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 37

Completely agreed! This is a pretty underwhelming part of Midtown right now, near what I think is one of the least exciting places in midtown (midtown west and it's cheap nasty tourist stores along 8th avenue). This will completely revolutionize the area! Along with highline park, the new subway, and the other projects here, this is going to be an amazing place! Hopefully it will cause more to happen in Jersey too! I'd love to see more developments in Hoboken and Jersey City.
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM   #1005
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This fountain will be huge! It looks to be around 3 stories tall and at least 30m long.

I am more scared of the size of the ESB in this pic.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #1006
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rose1 View Post
Completely agreed! This is a pretty underwhelming part of Midtown right now, near what I think is one of the least exciting places in midtown (midtown west and it's cheap nasty tourist stores along 8th avenue). This will completely revolutionize the area! Along with highline park, the new subway, and the other projects here, this is going to be an amazing place! Hopefully it will cause more to happen in Jersey too! I'd love to see more developments in Hoboken and Jersey City.
Excellent observation. I agree wholeheartedly. I would also like to see more projects in Jersey City (Several years passed, and there's nothing new there).

I'm really looking forward to this project. Will add great quality to the city.
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #1007
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencharles View Post
Excellent observation. I agree wholeheartedly. I would also like to see more projects in Jersey City (Several years passed, and there's nothing new there).

I'm really looking forward to this project. Will add great quality to the city.
I'd say Jersey city will get more condo/rental towers soon enough. However, I doubt anything very tall.

As for Hoboken, don't hold your breath. The mayor seems very anti-development and I wouldn't expect anything tall to be built there for years.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #1008
kingsc

Likes (Received): 93

I don't give a damn about jersey. What i care about is the development of NYC as a whole. And the hudson yard is a big part of that. After the WTC is complete, I look forward to watching this go up.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/group.php?groupid=288
You could be a memeber
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #1009
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 8132

Quote:

I like it. Nice pocket park also.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #1010
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
I like it. Nice pocket park also.
That's one of many green spaces that are planned. This area will go from being a dump to being magnificent.
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #1011
royal rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
I don't give a damn about jersey. What i care about is the development of NYC as a whole. And the hudson yard is a big part of that. After the WTC is complete, I look forward to watching this go up.
Well if you gave a damn about NYC as a whole, you'd realize that Hoboken and Jersey City are about as much New York as Long Island city and Williamsburg. Plus, the impact of having massive skyscrapers on both sides of the Hudson is profound! Also, my mother lives on the Upper East Side, so I'm not some biased Jersey-freak, but I do see appealing aspects in the success of New Jersey.
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #1012
Arawooho

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
That's one of many green spaces that are planned. This area will go from being a dump to being magnificent.
Emphasis on dump, It sucks having to look over that place from my apartment window. Hopefully, that will change.
Quote:
Well if you gave a damn about NYC as a whole, you'd realize that Hoboken and Jersey City are about as much New York as Long Island city and Williamsburg. Plus, the impact of having massive skyscrapers on both sides of the Hudson is profound! Also, my mother lives on the Upper East Side, so I'm not some biased Jersey-freak, but I do see appealing aspects in the success of New Jersey.
I agree, I'm almost jealous of Jersey City folks who get to have such great views of New York skyline. haha
Arawooho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #1013
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
What I said about NJ had nothing to do with you. I was responding to someone else, Thank You Very Much. Nobody cares if you give a rats ass about NJ or not, so please just stop
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #1014
kingsc

Quote:
No Long Island city and Williamsburg, are parts of NYC.

You could be a memeber
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1015
royal rose1

Quote:
No Long Island city and Williamsburg, are parts of NYC.
You're COMPLETELY missing the point. My point is Williamsburg and Long Island City are composed of mostly people who work in Manhattan, and Jersey City and Hoboken are almost exclusively people who work in Manhattan. So what's the difference, except one is actually in the city limits and one isn't. I'm saying that both Jersey City, Hoboken, Williamsburg, and Long Island City are separated from Manhattan by nothing but a river, so they're all essentially "New York" despite the fact that you call it New Jersey. And I realize Long Island City and Williamsburg are in Queens and Brooklyn and both are parts of NYC, I spend 4-6 months in NYC every year, I wouldn't dare make that error.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #1016
kingsc

No you miss the point, I don't give a damn. I didn't come to this thread, to talking about Jersey. Let's stay on topic

You could be a memeber
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #1017
royal rose1

Quote:
No you miss the point, I don't give a damn. I didn't come to this thread, to talking about Jersey. Let's stay on topic
You're an idiot.

Back to my point, hopefully this development sparks further development in New Jersey!
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1018
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 758

There are few things I hate more than people who dismiss Jersey like it doesn't exist. NYC wouldn't be getting a gran prix next year if it wasn't for Jersey. That is going to bring a hell of a lot of rich Europeans to NYC. New towers on either side of the river are mutually beneficial.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #1019
kenersej
I love New York!

Likes (Received): 7

Wow, great project!!

Read my blog:http://wtc3d.blogspot.com

Instagram: @Kenersej
kenersej no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #1020
Arawooho

Likes (Received): 62

Update!

Walked passed today, more 'prep work' has been made. Something odd,the gate opening to the South East side of the yards was completely open, making it easy to get into the normally enclosed area. they are probably in the middle of transporting stuff in and out which is good. I was too scared to wonder inside so I just took pictures just in case, not sure if I should post them or not.
Arawooho no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, supertall