daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Lahore Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 634 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #6441
shakeelahmadch

Likes (Received): 1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravian94 View Post
For Sheikhupura and Faisalabad (non-motorway transport), sheikhupura road interchange needs to be operational (even in case of TNB terminal) otherwise an unnecessary diversion of 10 km will comprise of faizpur interchange, jaranwala road, sagian road and sheikhupura road.
Last time I was in PK , I took this Faisalabad-Lahore Dual Carriage way and they were building another toll Plaza just before you face Motorway ramp (which is closed as of now). From what I learn the closure was a fight between Dual Carriage way authority and NLC as the cars will not be taking the exit on the Dual Carriage and the operating company was going to loose revenue. So to fix this issue, they were going to build this new toll Plaza ( I think the location is Begam Kot). Not sure what is the current status of it, but if that Toll Plaza and Motorway ramp comes operational , going and coming from Faisalabad would be very easy as you have to face crap load of traffic if you enter via Saghian or west Lahore.

I always took a turn back and enter motorway from Jaranwala exit on the other side and exit on thokar rather quickly.

PS: not a bad idea although I'm against any development which takes out agriculture land - we have already lost a lot of good agri land and we are going to suffer one day.

Highcliff liked this post
shakeelahmadch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 25th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #6442
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 5851

Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #6443
Strong Hearted
Un-registered User

Likes (Received): 4783

Drove through canal road last night from Mall road underpass to Jail road underpass, and I must say it looks awesome with LED lights at full brightness

Strong Hearted no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #6444
Ahmad Hanbal

Likes (Received): 113

it would be good if bus transit system thread is seprated

Ahmad Hanbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #6445
Strong Hearted
Un-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Hanbal View Post
it would be good if bus transit system thread is seprated
We can but we don't have any proper render/map/design/route of the project yet. Once we get all the details online then surely we will start a new thread and post all the information there.

Old February 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #6446
PAKONE

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Hearted View Post
Drove through canal road last night from Mall road underpass to Jail road underpass, and I must say it looks awesome with LED lights at full brightness
Would love to see some pictures/video of course not when your driving!

PAKONE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #6447
Strong Hearted
Un-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKONE View Post
Would love to see some pictures/video of course not when your driving!
Daylight photographs of the completed canal road have already been posted here by Ahmad Rashid Ahmad, for night views a professional photographer is required Lets be patient I am sure that HCS guys will upload the latest pics on there webpage very soon.

Old February 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #6448
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 5851

+1

Work is going on slow BUT these LED lights will replace the current bulbs from Mall road underpass to Doctors hospital underpass...
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #6449
Ahmad Hanbal

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
We can but we don't have any proper render/map/design/route of the project yet. Once we get all the details online then surely we will start a new thread and post all the information there.
but the work is in progress and there is not any doubt there. and there are simulations rendering the project details , available on youtube and are also refered in this thread.

Ahmad Hanbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #6450
khalid-don

Likes (Received): 1519

Quote:
Nice dunno if they are using LED lights for LRR.

khalid-don no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #6451
Sulehri

Likes (Received): 25

NEW BUS STAND

We have to see the future requirement of city may be for time being we face little problems. In my opinion: Thoker Nayaz Baeg is the best area for New Bus Stand. Buses want to move toward Pind directly can choose M2.The Buses want to go through Nayazi Interchange ,can go through Ring road and then the part of ring road “Band Road” then to Shahdara. No need to go on Multan Road. Toward Multan already no problem. Same for Kasur it will be no problem when it completes the ring road. Now If we see the city internal routs, as city government planning BRT on canal road it will solve the problem of that area it will link most of the main roads. Same there is also plane BRT on Multan road, so it will cover that area also.

Sulehri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #6452
Strong Hearted
Un-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid-don View Post
Nice dunno if they are using LED lights for LRR.
No, at LRR the standard halogen lights are being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulehri View Post
We have to see the future requirement of city may be for time being we face little problems. In my opinion: Thoker Nayaz Baeg is the best area for New Bus Stand. Buses want to move toward Pind directly can choose M2.The Buses want to go through Nayazi Interchange ,can go through Ring road and then the part of ring road “Band Road” then to Shahdara. No need to go on Multan Road. Toward Multan already no problem. Same for Kasur it will be no problem when it completes the ring road. Now If we see the city internal routs, as city government planning BRT on canal road it will solve the problem of that area it will link most of the main roads. Same there is also plane BRT on Multan road, so it will cover that area also.
Yes you are exactly right dude but as I earlier said that the transport mafia is too strong, they never would care for wtf is or will be planned for future. Thokar nayaz beg is the best place for a main bus terminal of Lahore. But the court has given the stay order in the favor of transport mafia against CGDL & I wonder how long this case will now remain in court and the plan of shutting down the BadamiBagh lari adda would ever be implemented or not.

Old February 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #6453
ravian94

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
No, at LRR the standard halogen lights are being used.

Yes you are exactly right dude but as I earlier said that the transport mafia is too strong, they never would care for wtf is or will be planned for future. Thokar nayaz beg is the best place for a main bus terminal of Lahore. But the court has given the stay order in the favor of transport mafia against CGDL & I wonder how long this case will now remain in court and the plan of shutting down the BadamiBagh lari adda would ever be implemented or not.
May be you gentlemen would like to consider the approachability of the passengers as well. TNB is at the southern end of the city, with very few direct public transport rout actually going there.

My point is that a location should chosen as to reduce hassle for everyone; passengers, transporters, traffic managers etc. TNB location would cause the similar traffic Jam on Multan Road as it causes in Bakar Mandi area, affecting the flow of highway traffic.

Usage of ring road by intercity transport would cause serious disruptions on the high speed zone as their drivers/conductors are prone to stop the vehicle suddenly upon seeing a prospective passenger.

The proposed Babu Sabu location is accessible from every area of the city and several public routes run along the Bund road 24/7. this location will not cause any disruption at any location in the city or highway (provided intercity vehicles are not allowed on Ring road). Shahdra is easily served using Faizpur interchange of Motorway and Jaranwala road. for passengers of adjoining areas, TNB can still serve as supplementary pick up/ drop off point as it currently does.

ravian94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #6454
Azmuh

Likes (Received): 418

Are there any plans of building BRT on Canal Road or is it even possible?
Azmuh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #6455
ravian94

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmuh View Post
Good Idea. But it will require removal of several hundreds (if not thousands) of trees
ravian94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #6456
PAKONE

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Daylight photographs of the completed canal road have already been posted here by Ahmad Rashid Ahmad, for night views a professional photographer is required Lets be patient I am sure that HCS guys will upload the latest pics on there webpage very soon.
Awesome will keep a look out thanks Strong Haerted!

PS, check out the MY BLOG on the latest article on Shalamar Gardens.
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #6457
Strong Hearted
Un-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmuh View Post
BRT is U/C on some part of ferozpur road only at the moment, other than ferozpur road brt is proposed for Multan road and GT road. No proposal for canal road yet.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #6458
shahmeer

Likes (Received): 6818

Quote:
BRT is U/C on some part of ferozpur road only at the moment, other than ferozpur road brt is proposed for Multan road and GT road. No proposal for canal road yet.
if you can could please mark this on Google map.

R E V3O L T

shahmeer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #6459
shakeelahmadch

Likes (Received): 1647

Yesterday my mother was telling me all about very good lighting on Canal Rd now around 11 PM at night. Need pictures now :-\

shakeelahmadch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #6460
PakiDoperz
Pk-256-0088

Likes (Received): 900

PakiDoperz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, lahore

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: