daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Heritage, Tourism & Infrastructure

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 152 votes, 4.97 average.
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #821
samaruf
Shakil Maruf

Likes (Received): 194

Chopper service directly from a helipad on top of a corporate tower to Chittagong actually might be cost effective in the future when it could take 5-6 hrs just to get through the city traffic jam. I think couple of days ago it took my dad 3.5 hrs to go from Uttara to Dhanmondi. WASA digging at all locations simultaneously is also not helping the situation
samaruf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 26th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #822
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaruf View Post
Chopper service directly from a helipad on top of a corporate tower to Chittagong actually might be cost effective in the future when it could take 5-6 hrs just to get through the city traffic jam. I think couple of days ago it took my dad 3.5 hrs to go from Uttara to Dhanmondi. WASA digging at all locations simultaneously is also not helping the situation
Yes, inter-city service ought to be affordable for corporate clients as well as the very rich. Not feasible for intra-city.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #823
TariqHasan

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrar View Post
Watch this.
Biman Bangladesh Airlines Palki, United's Atr ,REgent\s dash 8 ....

http://youtu.be/wpInZU_cb0E
Thanks for the clip Abrar vi.

Just out of curiosity, @18:01, when you're coming out the plane, can see that the turmac has been covered. Do you know why or what were they doing?
TariqHasan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #824
Abrar

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TariqHasan View Post
Thanks for the clip Abrar vi.

Just out of curiosity, @18:01, when you're coming out the plane, can see that the turmac has been covered. Do you know why or what were they doing?
As far as i know, they are expanding their apron. This construction work has been going since june 2011. whenever i go there, I find bulldozer trucks and more construction used vehicles. The construction work was interrupted due to heavy rain last year but now its going in full swing. i also found another construction site next to this area. Maybe there will be another terminal . not sure.
Abrar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #825
PIA777

Likes (Received): 3321

just a random question here, how is biman doing? is it another air india/pia?
PIA777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #826
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIA777 View Post
Pretty much so.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #827
PIA777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
Pretty much so.
damn, thats sad, wt about the private airlines?
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #828
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
damn, thats sad, wt about the private airlines?
It's a mixed bag. The oldest is struggling to survive, the next oldest is doing so so, but the youngest kid on the block is apparently a rising star.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #829
Galive
BANNED

Quote:
PIA - ordered 5 77W. Is it to replace 747s or else. And what about 737-300 replacement ?
Galive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #830
Abrar

Best air is starting their domestic operation from next month.
Some airport official told me today that they procured 2 ATRs .
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #831
PIA777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
It's a mixed bag. The oldest is struggling to survive, the next oldest is doing so so, but the youngest kid on the block is apparently a rising star.
oh wow, well good luck to them, Bangladesh has lots of potential, hope we get to see it soon
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #832
PIA777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galive View Post
PIA - ordered 5 77W. Is it to replace 747s or else. And what about 737-300 replacement ?
PIA ordered 5 77w with options of 5 more, i dont think 747s r going anywhere, i think PIA will keep them for domestic routes like peshawar-lahore-islamabad-karachi-multan. As for 737s, they will be replaced very soon, government has approved 12 a320s to be leased in 2012 but PIA will be picking up more of those in future. 787 still remains a possibility and so do the atr-72, PIA needs to pull it self together if it wants to survive specially in domestic, it will be under lots of competition this year because of the 3 new airlines
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #833
Galive
BANNED

Quote:
PIA ordered 5 77w with options of 5 more, i dont think 747s r going anywhere, i think PIA will keep them for domestic routes like peshawar-lahore-islamabad-karachi-multan.
77W is for domestic. Do you mean that ? Do the pax number is so high or something else. Sometime 747 serve DAC as well. What aircraft PIA use in KHI-RUH or KHI-JED or KHI-DXB.

Quote:
As for 737s, they will be replaced very soon, government has approved 12 a320s to be leased in 2012 but PIA will be picking up more of those in future.
Why don't they go for 737-800s ?

Quote:
787 still remains a possibility and so do the atr-72, PIA needs to pull it self together if it wants to survive specially in domestic, it will be under lots of competition this year because of the 3 new airlines
Is it the replacement of A310 ?

PIA has lot more potential like our BG to grow up. But for wrong plan and corruption they never grow. I heard that TK is doing very well in KHI.
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #834
PIA777

Quote:
77W is for domestic. Do you mean that ? Do the pax number is so high or something else. Sometime 747 serve DAC as well. What aircraft PIA use in KHI-RUH or KHI-JED or KHI-DXB.

Why don't they go for 737-800s ?

Is it the replacement of A310 ?

PIA has lot more potential like our BG to grow up. But for wrong plan and corruption they never grow. I heard that TK is doing very well in KHI.
lol yea, 77Ws already serve domestic routes, yea the pax number is very high, im sure u heard about the toilet thing (due to overbooking), that proves that domestic market is growing, all flights to the KSA r operated by 747s and a310s, karachi-dxb route is operated by a310s, 737s and 77Ws in summer. PIA was testing both 737-800s and a320s bt i think they like the a320s better. a310 replacements arnt decided yet because just a few weeks ago PIA bought the 6 leased a310s from airbus so I think they will stay. 787/a350 might be ordered by private airlines first. PIA defs has the potential, heck, every airline has the potential to grow, depends who runs the airline and as for Dhaka, it will be seeing many private pakistani airlines in the future.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #835
Galive
BANNED

Quote:
lol yea, 77Ws already serve domestic routes, yea the pax number is very high, im sure u heard about the toilet thing (due to overbooking), that proves that domestic market is growing,
Sounds good. BG operates wide body in the domestic routes as well. Like DAC-ZYL, DAC-CGP. But not frequent.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #836
PIA777

Quote:
Sounds good. BG operates wide body in the domestic routes as well. Like DAC-ZYL, DAC-CGP. But not frequent.
BG is in a pretty good shape, they just need to expand their business and maybe start a few new routes, that wud be amazing for the airline. Btw, i hav noticed that many private airlines in BD hav 1 or 2 aircrafts, how many airliners does an airline need in order to start operations in BD? in Pakistan, airlines need 3 or more so i was just wondering.
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #837
Galive
BANNED

Quote:
BG is in a pretty good shape, they just need to expand their business and maybe start a few new routes, that wud be amazing for the airline.
Nope, they will just resume the JFK. The number of aircraft doesn't support to open new routes. Also BG thinking to revise their order. If they can convert one 787/77W to 737s then it will possible to open Dhaka-Colombo, Dhaka- Paro etc. But with existing order they are not capable to open new route. Also
they BD Gov want to phase out the DC-10s as it is necessary for upgrading DAC from category 2 to category 1. As I know Gov is revising all the matters related to aviation.

Quote:
Btw, i hav noticed that many private airlines in BD hav 1 or 2 aircrafts, how many airliners does an airline need in order to start operations in BD? in Pakistan, airlines need 3 or more so i was just wondering.
In our forum there are many guys who represent their own airlines like Regent Airways, GMG, United. They are best for answering this question. But I hope number may not be a matter here. Royal Bengal Airlines started operation with only one Q100.
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #838
HereWeGo

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
BG is in a pretty good shape, they just need to expand their business and maybe start a few new routes, that wud be amazing for the airline. Btw, i hav noticed that many private airlines in BD hav 1 or 2 aircrafts, how many airliners does an airline need in order to start operations in BD? in Pakistan, airlines need 3 or more so i was just wondering.
I am not an aviation expert like Galive or plenty other in this forum but 2 of the 3 major private airlines got a fleet of more than 7 i believe!! Atleast according to Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMG_Airlines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airways
HereWeGo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #839
Abrar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo View Post
I am not an aviation expert like Galive or plenty other in this forum but 2 of the 3 major private airlines got a fleet of more than 7 i believe!! Atleast according to Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMG_Airlines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airways
They expanded their fleet in these days.
United airways started their business with two dash-8-100 and so did GMG airlines.
Regent Airways (best domestic airline 2011) started their business with two dash 8 q300
in 2008 , Best air used to operate domestic flights using one boeing 737-200
,and Royal Bengal airlines with 1 dash 8 100.
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #840
Spiderguy252

PIA even operates jumbos to BOM, of all places. Don't quite know how they manage to fill those birds on the routes in which they fly.
Spiderguy252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: