daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1461
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Likes (Received): 14393

Muslim World Tour

www.MuslimWorldTour.com

A trip to the Muslim world with an HD camera

Gibran Hasnaoui
Muslim Blogger and Globetrotter

Salam alaykum / Hello!

I am a Dubai-based French Muslim expat, thus the accent, and I enjoy visiting and meeting Muslims all around the planet.

God blessed me with a wonderful job that allows me to travel in the Middle-East (I am a sales engineer for a French industrial company).

I am working on my Muslim World Tour on my free time as a hobby.

See you soon at your local mosque inshAllah !

The Project

I am a French Muslim doing a world tour of a different kind : a 2-year Muslim World Tour.

My project is simple : I want to sleep every week in a different mosque, in a different country and interviewing the Muslims wherever I go. To show the reality of Islam through the videos I make and show the Muslims as they are.

Right now I am in Dubai for 6 months and I share with you my experience in the Gulf countries.

Next summer (July 2012 ) I will inshallah fly to the the southern part of the Philippines, in Sulu islands. I will spend the holy month of Ramadan there, and then I continue my trip to more than 50 countries.

Episodes and photographs of the trip are released weekly on the blog MuslimWorldTour.com. Advertising, selling photographs and getting sponsorship will inshAllah provide me enough money to keep travelling.

My target is to make 1000 euros online monthly next year, if this target is reached I will donate 15% of what I earn monthly to build our Muslim high-school and mosque in my hometown in France. And eventually be the owner of an online halal business.

At the end of my journey I want to perform the Hajj (pilgrimage) in Makkah.

Yeah, 21st century Ibn Battuta.

Listed below are the goals I want to acheive apart from just travelling and interviewing Muslims :

-Praying Fajr at mosques, and memorizing Quran after the prayer, studying more my religion
-Meeting Muslims and having more friends
-Improve my languages skills, especially arabic
-Give a real and unbiased image of my religion and brothers, which is not always the case in western medias
-Set up an online halal business and making a living out of it (after my Muslim World Tour)
-Raise fund to build a mosque or Muslim high school in France
-Show the Muslims in the West how their brothers live in other countries, especially poor countries
-Setting up an online Sadaqa (donation) Box, to give the money to the poors I meet and interview
-Going back to France, building a Muslim high school for our children and our mosque

Gibran Hasnaoui,
Muslim Blogger and Globetrotter

Ask the Sheikh #1 : The most important thing in Islam

24 December 2011 - Posted in: Dubai, Islam

Dears viewers, going on meeting Muslims in Dubai, I met a preacher here, and asked a simple question about Islam, subtitles are available in English when I speak in French.

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #1462
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Holy Mosque - Masjid al Haram
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5705829...n/photostream/
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1463
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Trains will be up and running in 3 years,

says Saudi Railways chief

Saudi Railways Organization President Abdul Aziz M. Al-Hokail
explains the railway network to Arab News. (AN photo by Boutros Ayad)

By SIRAJ WAHAB | ARAB NEWS

Published: Feb 19, 2012 23:49 Updated: Feb 19, 2012 23:49

DAMMAM: Three years from now Saudi Arabia will have one of the most extensive rail networks in the world. It will rival grids in such advanced nations as Spain, France and Germany.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has approved billions of riyals in recent years for the construction of multiple projects to link cities on the Kingdom’s northern border with Jordan, such as Haditha, Qurrayat and Hazm Al-Jalamid with Buraidah, Majmaa and Riyadh in the center. The rail network will connect Dammam on the east coast with Jeddah on the west coast. High-speed trains will link Makkah with Jeddah, Rabigh and Madinah. Dammam will be connected to Jubail and Ras Al-Khair. These are mind-boggling projects. They will change the face of Saudi Arabia. They will likely stimulate a new industrial revolution in the Kingdom.

To understand these complex railway projects, Arab News turned to the sharp, alert and seasoned mind of 68-year-old Abdul Aziz M. Al-Hokail, president of the Saudi Railways Organization. He is at the center of these game-changing scenarios. A 1964 petroleum-engineering graduate from the University of Texas in the United States, Al-Hokail spent nearly four decades in Saudi Aramco where he carried out a number of projects, small and large. He was executive vice president when he finished his career with Saudi Aramco in August 2002. Obviously the experience of building oil terminals, refineries, pipelines and oil and gas separation plants has stood him in good stead while executing the mega railway projects.

“We currently have 1,200 km of rail lines, and when all these projects are completed in three or four years, we will have 7,000 km,” he says. “I can’t tell you the total costs of these projects, but it will spawn new industries, new cities, new employment opportunities, and there is every possibility that one will one day be able to take a train from Jeddah to cities in Europe.”

In the following conversation, Al-Hokail narrates fascinating details:

( I just quote about Haramain High Speed Rail project)

Q: Project No. 3?

A: It is the Haramain High Speed Rail project which will link Makkah, Jeddah, Rabigh and Madinah. All contracts for this project are signed, and it has begun. The project's first phase consists of civil work, and it is moving along very well. I would say 45 percent of the first phase is so far complete. The civil work involved acquisition of land, defining the alignment, digging it all up and flattening it by pouring in tons and tons of cement -- basically getting the ground ready for laying tracks. Also part of the civil work is to construct 154 bridges, a viaduct and more than 500 tunnels.

Q: More than 500 tunnels?

A: Yes, there will be more than 500 tunnels on the line between Makkah, Jeddah, Rabigh and Madinah. As I said, 45 percent of Phase 1 is complete. The remainder of Phase 1 is the construction of railway stations. This contract was awarded last year. The stations will be built in Makkah, Jeddah, Rabigh and Madinah. There will be two terminals in Jeddah - one at King Abdulaziz Airport and another at the King Abdullah intersection on the Jeddah-Makkah Expressway. Phase 2 of this project will involve the laying of tracks and getting the trains on them. We will have 36 trains on this route. Their speed will be more than 300 km per hour. This crucial component of the project was awarded last year to Al-Shoula consortium, which comprises Saudi and Spanish companies. The project includes construction of railway tracks, installation of signals and telecommunication systems, electrification, operational control center and procurement of trains. This project will be completed by the end of 2014 or early 2015. Insha'Allah.

Q: Let me ask you a question from a layperson's point of view: When will we able to travel to Madinah from Jeddah on the high-speed trains?

A: By the end of 2014 or by early 2015 at the latest.

full article: http://arabnews.com/economy/article577729.ece

Last edited by Roukaya19; February 25th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1464
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Old February 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #1465
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Umrah firms not taking proper care of pilgrims

Grand Mosque in Makkah - Aug 2011
25 February 2012

JEDDAH – The Ministry of Haj has blamed some Umrah companies and their foreign agents for not looking properly after their pilgrims, resulting in delays, overcrowding and procedural problems at the country’s airports, ports and border posts.

In a statement issued Thursday, the ministry said that any changes to the arrival and departure times of pilgrims are the responsibility of these service companies and their foreign agents.

Umrah companies must ensure they have all the necessary data for each of their pilgrims on arrival, including flight numbers, airline, date and time of arrival, nationality, and departure details.

Companies must also have signed the necessary transport contracts for their pilgrims, which are documented at the Ministry of Haj and issued by the Ministry of Transport when pilgrims arrive at their destination in the Kingdom.

They must also inform the Tas’heel Company about the pilgrims’ transport company, bus numbers, drivers’ data and provide copies of the operation orders for bus drivers and vehicles.

The Tas’heel Company is funded by the government and works closely with the Interior and Haj ministries and all Umrah companies that provide transport and lodging. It has staff at all points of entry and departure.

In its statement, the ministry said that it wants to ensure that all Umrah and Haj companies provide top-quality services so that pilgrims enjoy their stay in the Kingdom. These companies must not repeat mistakes made in the past.

The ministry said that Umrah companies and their agents must ensure they know when their pilgrims arrive in the Kingdom. They must not depend on officials from the Ministry of Haj for this and other information.

The Ministry of Haj has made it compulsory for Umrah companies to provide every pilgrim with a wrist band showing the company name, address and telephone numbers in Makkah and Madina.

If Umrah pilgrims arrive and have no information on them, then the monitoring and follow up committees will ensure these pilgrims are given accommodation and possibly referred to other Umrah firms.

Umrah firms must also confirm all departure details with the Tas’heel Company, 24 hours before pilgrims leave.

Departing Umrah pilgrims must also not be sent to the airport without a representative from their company because this can lead to them losing their tickets, missing their flights and then sleeping in the departure terminals.

Umrah pilgrims must be at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah a maximum of six hours ahead of their departure; and three hours before departing from Prince Muhammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madina.

The company must place signboards on the front and sides of the buses indicating to which departure terminal they are heading, whether
it is the northern, southern or Haj terminal.

For Umrah pilgrims departing from Yanbu Commercial Port, the ministry has made it obligatory for Umrah companies to make sure beforehand, with the Haj Administration in Yanbu, that the ferry is at the port and is ready for passengers to board. This is because there are no waiting facilities for pilgrims at the port.

For passengers traveling by land, the ministry said that Umrah companies and their agents must know exactly when their pilgrims arrive at the Kingdom’s border entry points.

An Umrah company representative must then accompany the pilgrims’ bus to their residence in the Kingdom. This is to help out if there is a mechanical breakdown or other problems on the route.

Foreign buses should be parked in the parking lots allocated by the Traffic Department. Foreign buses are not allowed to enter the two holy cities during peak hours unless permitted to do so by the company’s representative. The ministry called on all Umrah companies to coordinate with their agents abroad to create awareness among Umrah pilgrims about the weight of their luggage, to prevent any arrival and departure delays.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20120225118276
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #1466
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Makkah most populous Saudi province

Makkah City
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bilalghazali/6928991323/

By ARAB NEWS

Published: Feb 25, 2012 01:16 Updated: Feb 25, 2012 01:16

Makkah province is the most populous out of the Kingdom’s 13 provinces, according to the 2010 census.

The Kingdom’s population crossed 27.1 million as of December 2010, and these included 18.7 million Saudis and 8.4 million foreigners, a report released by the Central Department of Statistics and Information revealed.

According to the figures published by the department recently, the Kingdom has an estimated population of 27,136,977 at the end of 2010. Of this the number of Saudis stood at 18,707,576.

Makkah topped the regions with a population of 6.9 million, including 4.1 million Saudis and 2.8 million foreigners. Riyadh follows Makkah with a population of 6.7 million, including 4.2 million Saudis. Riyadh also ranks second among the regions in the number of foreigners with 2.4 million, Al-Eqtisadiah newspaper reported citing the statistics.

Eastern Province is third with a total population of 4.1 million, including 1.2 million foreigners.

Riyadh is the most populous city in the Kingdom. The capital has a population of more than 5.2 million, and Jeddah and Makkah are second and third with populations of 3.4 million and 1.6 million respectively. Madinah holds fourth position (1.1 million), then Taif and Dammam with 987,000 and 903,000 people respectively.

Riyadh also has the highest number of divorces in the Kingdom, while Hail recorded the lowest. Makkah province accounted for the most number of marriages taking place in the Kingdom.

full article: http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article579272.ece

Statistics - Population

Makkah (prov): 6.9 million
Makkah (city): 1.6 million
Madinah (city): 1.1 million
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #1467
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Makkah plan is not 'just house building'

Makkah City
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hani-09/6905138223/

By MD AL-SULAMI | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published: Feb 26, 2012 01:45 Updated: Feb 26, 2012 01:45

Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal on Saturday underscored the need for making quick and concerted efforts to improve the living conditions of people in Makkah’s unplanned districts.

“There should be relentless efforts to improve their conditions in the best possible manner in all spheres of life, including social, cultural, economic, health, humanitarian, security and education. The project for the development of unplanned districts is not restricted to construction of buildings but to improving all realms of public life in these districts,” he said.

Prince Khaled, who is also chairman of the executive committee for the development of unplanned districts in Makkah, made the remarks while chairing the 11th meeting of the committee after making an inspection tour of five unplanned districts in Makkah.

The governor drew attention to the pathetic conditions of these districts, some of which are in the vicinity of the Grand Mosque. “These districts are lagging behind in all respects. People in these localities are living in unhealthy conditions. The project for the development of these areas also include improving the conditions of expatriates living legally,” he said, while reiterating that no one without a valid Iqama (residence permit) will be allowed to live there.

Prince Khaled highlighted the religious, economic, social and cultural significance of developing these districts. “The project is being implemented in the holiest place on earth. It is essential we make Makkah a cultural model both in terms of place and people for all Muslims who come to Islam’s holiest shrine,” he said.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article579688.ece
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #1468
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Jeddah-Suez ferry service for pilgrims to resume

By GALAL FAKKAR | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published: Feb 26, 2012 01:45 Updated: Feb 26, 2012 01:45

The pilgrim ferry service between Jeddah and Suez in Egypt is expected to resume shortly, according to a Saudi maritime source in Jeddah yesterday.

The shipping service for Haj and Umrah pilgrims between the two countries was suspended following the sinking of the pilgrim ship Al-Salaam five years ago.

“The service will resume after we receive the required permits from the shipping departments in the Kingdom and Egypt,” the source told Arab News.

Reasons for the delay in the resumption of services include the reluctance of ship owners to operate the long distance between Jeddah and Suez in addition to the strict security regulations stipulated by the authorities in both countries. The distance between the two ports is 1,150 kilometers.

However, many Egyptian Umrah pilgrims have arrived in the Kingdom by crossing from the port of Safaga in Egypt to the Saudi port of Yanbu on board the “Mahabbah,” according to the source.

Egyptian Consul General in Jeddah Ali Al-Ashiri said resumption of ferry services for pilgrims was important because more than 40 percent of Egyptian pilgrims used to travel by sea.

He said the absence of such transport led to the rise in the cost of their trips.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article579665.ece
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #1469
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Faisal visited the slums in Makkah today
الفيصل يتفقد الأحياء العشوائية بمكة المكرمــــــــــــة اليوم

25 February 2012

يقوم صاحب السمو الملكي الأمير خالد الفيصل أمير منطقة مكة المكرمة صباح اليوم بجولة ميدانية على عدد من الأحياء العشوائية بمكة المكرمة، للوقوف على واقع هذه الأحياء وما تعانيه من عشوائيات والخطط التطويرية المقترحة لها، كما سيستمع الأمير خالد الفيصل خلال الجولة مباشرة إلى بعض أهالي تلك الأحياء العشوائية ومقترحاتهم بالنسبة للخطط التطويرية التى تستهدف بناء الإنسان وتنمية المكان .

وبعد الجولة الميدانية يعقد سموه في فندق برج الساعة اجتماعًا موسعًا مع اللجنة التنفيذية لتطوير العشوائيات لمناقشة نتائج الجولة الميدانية والموضوعات والإجراءات المتعلقة بكافة سبل تطوير العشوائيات.

وقال الدكتور عبدالعزيز الخضيري وكيل إمارة منطقة مكة المكرمة لـ»المدينة»: إن جولة صاحب السمو الملكي الأمير خالد الفيصل على الأحياء العشوائية تأتي في إطار اهتمام سموه بالوقوف ميدانيًا على طبيعة الحياة في هذه الأحياء وذلك انطلاقا من حرص سموه الدائم على تلمس أوضاع المواطنين . كما تأتي في سياق اهتمام سموه الكبير بتطوير الأحياء العشوائية. وقال: إن مشروع تطوير العشوائيات بمكة ينفذ تحت مظلة إستراتيجية منطقة مكة المكرمة بناء الإنسان وتنمية المكان، مشيرًا إلى أن مشروع خادم الحرمين الشريفين لإعمار مكة المكرمة سيغطي كل مدينة مكة انطلاقاً من المنطقة المركزية وانتهاءً بكل الأحياء وسيكون ذا اتجاهين، الانطلاق من المنطقة المركزية للخارج، والانطلاق من الخارج للمنطقة المركزية، وأشار إلى أنه سيتم التركيز فيه على احتياجات الحجاج والمعتمرين والزوار والسكان المحليين، ورصدت للمشروع ميزانية أساسية حوالى (23) مليار ريال، إضافة إلى ما سيرصد للقطاعات الحكومية الأخرى، وتشارك شركة البلد الأمين وهي ذراع تنموي أساسي لأمانة العاصمة المقدسة في تنفيذ المشروع.

http://www.al-madina.com/node/360246

Google translation

Faisal visited the slums in Makkah today

25/02/2012

The His Royal Highness Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, Emir of Mecca morning field tour to a number of slums in Mecca, to stand up to the reality of these neighborhoods and suffers from the slums and the development plans proposed it, and will hear Prince Khaled Al-Faisal during the tour directly to some of the residents of these neighborhoods random and their proposals for development plans, which aimed at building human and development of the place.

After the field trip held in his hotel clock tower with an expanded meeting of the Executive Committee for the development of slums, to discuss the results of the field, topics and procedures for all the ways to develop slums.

Dr. Abdul Aziz Khudairi agent Emirate of Mecca's »City»: The tour of HRH Prince Khaled Al-Faisal on the slums come under the attention of his stand on the ground on the nature of life in these neighborhoods, and so out of his keenness permanent touch the conditions of citizens. It also comes in the context of his interest in the development of large slums. He said the project to develop slums in Mecca implemented under the umbrella of the strategy of Mecca building rights and the development of the place, pointing out that the draft Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques for the reconstruction of Mecca will cover all the holy city of Mecca from the central region and the end of all the neighborhoods and will be a two-way, starting from the central region to the outside, and starting from the outside of the central district, and noted that he will be focusing on the needs of pilgrims and visitors and local residents, and monitored the project's core budget of about (23) billion riyals, in addition to the monitor for the government sectors other participating companies of the country of the Secretary-arm development is essential for the Secretariat of the Holy City in the implementation of the project.
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #1470
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Alfaisal: slum development project in Mecca,
"human" in the first place

Student to work on changing security conditions of the population,
socially and economically

الفيصل: مشروع تطوير الأحياء العشوائية في مكة “إنساني” في المقام الأول
طالب بالعمل على تغيير أحوال سكانها أمنيا واجتماعيا واقتصاديا

26/02/2012

قال صاحب السمو الملكي الأمير خالد الفيصل أن مشروع معالجة وتطوير الأحياء العشوائية في مكة لا يتعلق فقط بالمباني والإعمار بل هو مشروع إنساني، خصوصًا وأنه ينفذ في أطهر البقاع في الدنيا وقبلة المسلمين التى يتوافدون إليها، حيث يجب أن تمثل لهم مكة نموذجا حضاريًا في المكان والإنسان وقال نحن نتعامل هنا مع ضيوف الرحمن
وطالب سمو الأمير خالد الفيصل بضرورة العمل الدؤوب والسريع على تغيير أحوال سكان الأحياء العشوائية للأفضل في جميع المجالات الإنسانية، الأمنية، الاجتماعية، الثقافية، الاقتصادية، الصحية، والتعليمية، مشيرًا إلى أن هذه الأحياء تحولت إلى مناطق متخلفة في جميع النواحي ويعيش سكانها أوضاعًا غير صحية أمنيًا، واجتماعيًا، وإنسانيا، مؤكدا أن مشروع معالجة وتطوير الأحياء العشوائية يشمل تصحيح أوضاع المقيمين بها ممن رضيت الدولة بإقامتهم، وشدد على القول:»لا يجوز بقائهم بدون إقامة شرعية « وحدد أمير منطقة مكة جدولًا زمنيًا لمشروع معالجة وتطوير الأحياء العشوائية، وقال أهم شيء الآن هو الانتهاء من أعمال المسح الميداني والسكن البديل نظرًا لأنها أمور متربطة ببعضها البعض، ثم تليها مرحلة التثمين ونزع الملكية فالهدم والاعمار واستطرد أمير مكة قائلا لقد حصل المشروع على دعم من الدولة بتحملها مشاريع البنية التحتية والمساهمة في التمويل عبر الصنادق الاستثمارية والحكومية، ويجب علينا انتها هذه المميزات وبين سمو أمير منطقة مكة أن مشكلة الأحياء العشوائية ليست خاصة بهذه البلاد، فهي عالمية وفي كثير من المدن الراقية والكبرى والأكثر تحضرًا مؤكدًا أن المشروع السعودي أكثر جرأة فهو يعمل على إيجاد حل جذري لمشكلة الإنسان وكرامته في الأحياء العشوائية، فيما تهتم المشاريع الأخرى بتحسين المكان).و شكر الفيصل أعضاء اللجنة التنفيذية ممن شاركوه في الجولة والإطلاع بشكل مباشر على بعض المشاكل المترتبة على الأحياء العشوائية في مكة المكرمة، خصوصًا الأحياء القريبة من الحرم المكي
جاء ذلك خلال تفقد سموه لمشروع معالجة وتطوير الأحياء العشوائية في منطقة مكة ووقوفه ميدانيًا على أوضاع أحياء الزهور، الخالدية، النكاسة، الشراشف، والكدوة وهي أحياء تندرج ضمن مشروع معالجة وتطوير المناطق العشوائية الذي وافق عليه خادم الحرمين الشريفين الملك عبدالله بن عبدالعزيز في العام 2008م وتم تشكيل لجنة عليا رئاسة صاحب السمو الملكي الأمير نايف بن عبدالعزيز ولي العهد نائب رئيس مجلس الوزراء وزير الداخلية
على جانب آخر ترأس الأمير خالد الفيصل أمس الاجتماع الحادي عشر للجنة التنفيذية حيث ناقشت اللجنة التنفيذية مسودة المهام المطلوبة من الجهات الحكومية ذات العلاقة بمشروع معالجة وتطوير الأحياء العشوائية والتي تندرج ضمن إطار اللائحة التنفيذية، ومن بينها: وزارة الداخلية، وزارة الخارجية، وزارة العمل، وزارة العدل، وزارة المالية، وزارة الإسكان، وزارة النقل، والأمانات والبلديات، كما أطلعت على نتائج اجتماع اللجنة الفنية المنبثقة عنها وتم فيها عرض دراسة قدمتها غرفة تجارة وصناعة جدة وتناولت دور القطاع العام والخاص في مشروع معالجة وتطوير العشوائيات والسكن البديل...حضر اجتماع اللحنة التنفيذية كل من صاحب السمو الملكي الأمير مشعل بن ماجد، وكيل وزارة الداخلية الدكتور أحمد السالم، الدكتور سامي برهمين، الدكتور أسامة البار، أمين محافظة الطائف المهندس محمد المخرج، ووكلاء وزارات العدل والطرق والشؤون البلدية والقروية والشؤون الاجتماعية والعمل، الرئيس التنفيذي لشركة الكهرباء، الرئيس التنفيذي لشركة المياه الوطنية، ونائب رئيس مجلس إدارة غرفة تجارة وصناعة جدة، والأمن العام، والجوازات.

http://www.al-madina.com/node/360435

Google translation:

Aalfaisal: slum development project in Mecca, "human" in the first place
Student to work on changing security conditions of the population, socially and economically

26/02/2012

Said His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al Faisal, the draft process and the development of slums in Mecca is not just about buildings and construction it is a humanitarian project, especially as he performs in the purest spots in the world and kiss Muslims that flock to it, where should represent them to Mecca, a model civilization in the place and the human He said, we are dealing here with pilgrims

He demanded of His Highness Prince Khalid Al Faisal, the need to work hard and fast to change the conditions of slum dwellers for the better in all areas of humanitarian, security, social, cultural, economic, health, education, pointing out that these neighborhoods turned to areas lagging behind in all areas and people living conditions unhealthy security, and social and human, confirming that the draft process and the development of slums include the correct conditions of residents who agrees to state their stay, and stressed to say: »may not survive without the establishment of the legitimacy of« and select the Emir of Mecca, a timetable for project processing and the development of slums, and said the most important thing Now is the completion of the field survey and alternative housing because they are things Mterbth to each other, and then followed by the stage of the valuation and expropriation Valhdm and reconstruction and went Emir of Mecca, saying, We have received project support from the state unaffordable infrastructure projects and contribute to the funding through of Funds investment and government, and we must violate the These features and between HH the Emir of Mecca, the problem of slums is not specific to this country, they are universal and in many cities, high-end and large, more urbanized, stressing that the project is Saudi bolder he is working on finding a radical solution to the problem of rights and dignity in the slums, while interested in other projects to improve place). and Faisal thanked the Executive Committee members who shared his round viewing directly on some of the problems of slums in Mecca, especially neighborhoods near the Grand Mosque in Mecca

This came during a losing HRH for the treatment project and the development of slums in the region of Mecca and standing on the ground on the status of living flowers, Khalidiya, Alinkash, bed sheets, Alcdoh which neighborhoods fall within the treatment project and the development of slums, which was approved by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz in 2008 was form a higher committee chairmanship of His Royal Highness Prince Naif bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior

On the other hand headed by Prince Khaled Al-Faisal yesterday meeting atheist th Executive Committee, where she discussed the Executive Committee draft of the tasks required of government agencies related to the project process and the development of slums and which fall within the framework of the Regulations, including: the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Housing, Ministry of Transport, and the secretariats and municipalities, also briefed on the results of the meeting of the Technical Committee emanating from it was the presentation of a study submitted by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Jeddah and addressed the role of public and private sector in project processing and the development of slums, housing alternative ... attended the meeting Allhna executive of each of His Royal Highness Prince Mishaal bin Majed, Deputy Minister of the Interior, Dr. Ahmed Al-Salem, Dr. Sami Barhaman, Dr. Osama al-Bar, Secretary of the Taif Mohamed the director, and agents of the Ministries of Justice, roads, municipal and rural affairs, social affairs and employment, chief executive of the electricity company, President Executive of the National Water Company, and Vice Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Jeddah, public security, and passports.

Governor of Makkah region inspects a number of its neighborhoods

(SPA) 3/4/1433H - 25/02/2012

Old February 28th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1471
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Shoura now has real powers

says chief Al-Asheikh

Majlis Al-Shura Chairs Session(SPA ) 7 /3/1433H

By GHAZANFAR ALI KHAN | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published: Feb 26, 2012 01:44 Updated: Feb 26, 2012 01:44

Chairman of the Shoura Council Abdullah Al-Asheikh said in Riyadh on Friday night that the hosting of the third high-profile consultative meeting of the G20 speakers represents "international recognition" for the Shoura Council and its success in carrying out its legislative duties.

"This is also a recognition of the role of the council in the decision-making process of the Kingdom and its emerging role in the formulation of the foreign policy," said the Shoura chief.

Al-Asheikh, who previously served as minister of justice before being appointed head of the fifth Shoura Council in 2009, said: "The G20 meeting represents an opportunity to highlight the Kingdom’s approach to consultation, which is part of the ruling system in Islam, followed by the state and its citizens. I am pleased to welcome the leaders and the G20 delegations of the attending states, and I wish them a pleasant stay in the Kingdom."

The Shoura chief was speaking on the occasion of the G20 speakers meeting, which kicked off its two-day run yesterday.

Referring to the participation of the Shoura Council in the previous two meetings of the G20 speakers, he said the council requested the formation of a five-member panel in the first meeting in Canada in 2010. The panel, to be composed of the representatives of five G20 countries, should be entrusted with the task of studying ideas and proposals from member states, with an objective to develop a unified program.

This unified program, he said, might eventually evolve into a charter for the G20 parliamentary meeting in future. He said the council has emerged as "a significant institution in the lawmaking process of the Kingdom.”

The Shoura has recently debated important matters like citizenship laws and rejected a proposal to levy taxes on Saudi Arabia’s 8 million expatriate workers, he added. Al-Asheikh said the recent decision by King Abdullah to allow women to run and vote in municipal elections and become members of the Shoura Council has huge implications for the status of women in Saudi Arabia in future. "The king's vision has provided the women with hope for what they may accomplish with their new roles," he noted.

In reply to a question about a tentative time frame when women will be inducted as full-fledged members into the Shoura Council, he said things are on track. "Even today, the Shoura Council has 12 female consultants with expertise in different areas," said Al-Asheikh, adding that these women contribute to the council's debates with their views and proposals.

He said the Shoura Council, which is seen as a weak legislative body by people outside the Kingdom, has real powers now. "It is permitted to propose draft laws and forward them to the king to pass or enforce them."

The Shoura also has the powers to interpret laws and examine annual reports referred to it by ministries and agencies. It can also aid and advise the king on policies he submits to it, along with international treaties and economic plans, he noted.

The Shoura is also authorized to review the country's annual budget, and call in ministers for questioning, he said.

About the success achieved by the Shoura Council in addressing public issues, he said the council has expanded the focus of interest to include national issues and those related to the citizens. "We receive hundreds of petitions on a daily basis bearing important notes and viewpoints to be discussed by the different panels of the Shoura Council," said Al-Asheikh, adding the council has a well-defined mechanism to address such issues.

The council has never been silent or simply waiting for what is put forward by the government or the government agencies, but rather has always taken the initiative to address issues that are important for citizens and the nation at large, he added.

To this end, he noted the council's contributions to the development of the Kingdom's education system. A number of social issues have also attracted the attention of the council's 13 special committees, resulting in several proposals being made with an aim to improve the conditions of the people, he said.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article579693.ece

Speaker of Majlis Al-Shura Receives His G-20 Counterparts _SPA 3-4-1433 H

Majlis Al-Shura Chairs Session(SPA ) 7 /3/1433H

Speaker of Majlis Al-Shura Chairs Session of Global Dialogue
of Followers of Religions, Civilizations and Cultures __SPA 3-4-1433 H
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #1472
abu mohammed

Likes (Received): 47

Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey
•Vatican 'wants to see' 1,500-year-old ancient script
•Has been hidden by Turkish state for 12 years
•Handwritten in gold-lettered Aramaic

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/news...4m-bible-.html with images
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #1473
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Grand Mufti lauds Salman for support to Qur'an competition
By RIYADH: ARAB NEWS

Published: Feb 26, 2012 23:59 Updated: Feb 26, 2012 23:59

Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh said that the local competition for the Prince Salman Prize for Qur’an Memorization had been instrumental in creating a healthy competitive spirit among the younger generation to learn the holy Qur’an, in which lies the success of their life in this world and hereafter.

“Their association with the Qur’an is the source of their dignity, strength and prestige. This enables our youngsters to lead a sound Islamic life and move forward on a straight path, enlightened with proper understanding of the holy book. It will help them to stay away from destructive ideas and deviant thoughts,” he said.

Al-Asheikh commended the great efforts of Defense Minister Prince Salman in the service of the Holy Qur'an, its memorization and propagation. The grand mufti made these remarks in a press statement issued on the occasion of the local competition for the 14th Prince Salman Prize for Qur’an Memorization for Boys and Girls, which will begin at Riyadh Palace Hotel today.

Under the aegis of Prince Salman, the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Call and Guidance organizes the weeklong event, Saudi Press Agency reported.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article580212.ece
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #1474
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

For now, they don't know witch bible or text it is.

Antique bible turns up in Turkey

Last edited by Roukaya19; February 28th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #1475
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Participation of students in the cleanliness of the Grand Mosque

-

مشاركة عدد من طلاب مدارس الثانوية والمتوسطة بمكة المكرمة في نظافة المسجد الحرام

Feb 2012

صرح المهندس/حمود بن صالح العيادة مدير إدارة النظافة بالمسجد الحرام أنه في إطار التعاون والتنسيق بين الرئاسة العامة لشؤون المسجد الحرام والمسجد النبوي ووزارة التربية والتعليم ممثلة في إدارة التربية والتعليم بمنطقة مكة المكرمة نفذ برنامج مشاركة طلاب مدارس العاصمة المقدسة في نظافة المسجد الحرام تحت مسمى (برنامج نظافة الحرم المكي الشريف).

وأضاف المهندس حمود العيادة انه يشارك عدد من طلاب المرحلة الثانوية والمتوسطة بمختلف المدارس الحكومية والأهلية بالعاصمة المقدسة وعددهم(ستمئة طالب ومعلم) لتأدية بعض أعمال النظافة بالمسجد الحرام للطلبة مثل(غسل المطاف, ومجمعات مياه زمزم, وكنس السجاد, وتلميع النحاسيات, ونظافة العناصر المعمارية) والآلية المتبعة في نظافة المسجد الحرم خلال الفترة من 03/04/1433هـ حتى نهاية 14/04/1433هـ.

واختتم مدير إدارة النظافة والفرش بالمسجد الحرام تصريحه أن هذا البرنامج يهدف إلى تحقيق عدد من الأهداف التربوية منها تعزيز قيمة تعظيم البلد الحرام في نفوس الطلاب واكتساب المعرفة العملية والعناية بالمسجد الحرام وتنمية روح العمل التطوعي والتعرف على الجهود الكبيرة التي تبذل لخدمة بيت الله الحرام وغيرها من الأهداف التربوية.

http://www.gph.gov.sa/index.cfm?do=c...8&categoryid=2

Google translation:

Participation of a number of students from high schools
and middle Makkah in the cleanliness of the Grand Mosque

Engineer / Hamoud Bin Saleh Clinic, Director of hygiene Holy Mosque that in the framework of cooperation and coordination between the General Presidency for the Holy Mosque and the Prophet's Mosque and the Ministry of Education, represented by the Department of Education in Makkah Region program was implemented post school students of the Holy City in the cleanliness of the Grand Mosque in the name of ( cleanliness program Haram al-Sharif).

The Engineer Hammoud clinic that he shared a number of high school students and middle of various public schools and private capital, the holy and the number (600 students and teachers) to perform some cleaning the Holy Mosque for students (such as washing up, and the complexes Zamzam water, and vacuuming carpets, polish the copperplate, and the cleanliness of architectural elements) The mechanism used in the cleanliness of the Haram Mosque during the period from 03/04/1433 e 14/04/1433 until the end of e.

In conclusion, Director of hygiene and brushes the Holy Mosque statement that the program aims to achieve a number of educational objectives, including enhancing the value of maximizing the country's sacred in the hearts of students and to gain practical knowledge and care of the Holy Mosque and the development of the spirit of volunteerism and to identify the significant efforts being made to serve the House of God and other targets educational.

Old February 28th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #1476
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 1328

Roukaya19 have you noticed that the view counter for this thread crossed over 140,000!!! I have a curiosity to find out how many visitors are we dealing with? 500? 1000? 5000???
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #1477
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 830

These are really nice pics. The side of Mecca I'm always happy to see.
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #1478
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi guy View Post
Roukaya19 have you noticed that the view counter for this thread crossed over 140,000!!! I have a curiosity to find out how many visitors are we dealing with? 500? 1000? 5000???
Sure mod I know! ...well find out!
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #1479
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 1328

I can tell one thing the majority aren't members yet!
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1480
Yaghuth

Likes (Received): 703

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu mohammed
Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey
•Vatican 'wants to see' 1,500-year-old ancient script
•Has been hidden by Turkish state for 12 years
•Handwritten in gold-lettered Aramaic

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/news...4m-bible-.html with images
Yaghuth no está en línea   Reply With Quote