daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM   #1501
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Likes (Received): 15333

The Green Dome in Madinah

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3366367...n/photostream/

The Green Dome in Madinah
its history and the ruling on its construction and on leaving it as it is

Fatwa

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly: The history of the green dome

The dome over the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) dates back to the seventh century AH. It was built during the reign of Sultan Qalawoon, and at first it was the colour of wood, then it became white, then blue, then green, and it has remained green until the present.

Professor ‘Ali Haafiz (may Allaah preserve him) said:

There was no dome over the sacred chamber. There was in the roof of the mosque above the chamber a waist-high enclosure of brick to distinguish the location of the chamber from the rest of the mosque’s roof.

Sultaan Qalawoon al-Saalihi was the first one to build a dome over the chamber. He did that in 678 AH. It was square at the bottom and octagonal at the top, made of wood, and built on top of the pillars that surrounded the chamber. Planks of wood were nailed to it, over which plates of lead were placed, and the brick enclosure was replaced with one made of wood.

The dome was refurbished at the time of al-Naasir Hasan ibn Muhammad Qalawoon, then the leaden plates slipped, but they were fixed and refurbished at the time of al-Ashraf Sha’baan ibn Husayn ibn Muhammad in 765 AH. It fell into disrepair and was renovated at the time of Sultaan Qayit Bey in 881 AH.

The chamber and dome were burned in the fire that swept through the Prophet’s mosque in 886 AH. During the reign of Sultaan Qayit Bey the dome was rebuilt, in 887 AH, and strong pillars to support it were built in the floor of the mosque, and they were built of bricks to the correct height. After the dome had been built in the manner described above, cracks appeared in its upper part. When it proved impossible to refurbish it, the Sultaan Qayit Bey ordered that the upper part be demolished and rebuilt strongly using white plaster. So it was built solidly in 892 AH.

In 1253 AH, an order was issued by the Ottoman Sultan ‘Abd al-Hameed to paint the dome green. He was the first one to colour it green, and the colour has been renewed whenever necessary until the present.

It became known as the green dome after it was painted green. It was previously known as the white dome or the fragrant dome or the blue dome. End quote.

Fusool min Tareekh al-Madeenah al-Munawwarah by ‘Ali Haafiz (p. 127, 128).

Secondly: Rulings thereon

The scholars, both in the past and in modern times, criticized the building of this dome and its being given a colour. All of that is because of what they know of sharee’ah closing many doors for fear of falling into shirk.

These scholars include the following:

1 – al-San’aani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Ta-theer al-I’tiqaad:

If you say: A great dome has been built over the grave of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), costing a great deal of money, I say: This is in fact great ignorance of the situation, because this dome was not built by him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or by his Sahaabah or by those who followed them, or by those who followed the Taabi’een, or by the scholars and imams of the ummah. Rather this dome was built over his grave (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the orders of one of the later kings of Egypt, namely the Sultan Qalawoon al-Saalihi who is known as King Mansoor, in 678 AH, and was mentioned in Tahqeeq al-Nasrah bi Talkhees Ma’aalim Dar al-Hijrah. These are things that were done on the orders of the state and not on the basis of shar’i evidence. End quote.

2 – The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked:

There are those who take the building of the green dome over the Prophet’s grave in the Prophet’s Mosque as evidence that it is permissible to build domes over other graves, such as those of the righteous and others. Is this argument correct or what should our response to them be?

They replied:

It is not correct to quote the fact that people built a dome over the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as evidence that it is permissible to build domes over the graves of the righteous dead and others, because those people’s building a dome over his grave (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was haraam and those who did it sinned thereby, because they went against what is proven in a report from Abu’l-Hayaaj al-Asadi who said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) said to me: Shall I not send you on the same mission as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any image without erasing it or any high grave without levelling it.

And it was narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade plastering over graves, or sitting on them or building over them. Both reports were narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. So it is not correct for anyone to quote the haraam action of some people as evidence that it is permissible to do similar haraam actions, because it is not permissible to go against the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by citing the words or actions of anyone else. And because he is the one who conveyed the command from Allaah, and he is the one who is to be obeyed, and we must beware of going against his commands, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)” [al-Hashr 59:7].

And there are other verses which enjoin obedience to Allaah and to His Messenger. And because building up graves and erecting domes over them are means that lead to associating their occupants with Allaah, and the means that lead to shirk must be blocked. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (9/83, 84)

3 – The scholars of the Standing Committee also said:

There is no proof in the fact that a dome was set up over the Prophet’s grave for those who take it as an excuse for building domes of the graves of the awliya’ (“saints”) and righteous people, because the building of a dome over his grave was not done on his instructions and was not done by any of his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them), or by the Taabi’een, or by any of the imams of guidance in the early generations whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) testified were good. Rather it was done by people of bid’ah (innovation). It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that is not part of it will have it rejected.” And it was proven that ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said to Abu’l-Hayaaj: Shall I not send you on the same mission as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any image without erasing it or any high grave without levelling it. Narrated by Muslim. As it is not proven that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) built a dome over his grave, and it is not proven from any of the leading imams; rather what is proven shows that to be an invalid action, and no Muslim should feel any attachment to the action of innovators who built a dome over the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azzez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (2/264, 265).

4 – Shaykh Shams al-Deen al-Afghaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

al-‘Allaamah al-Khajandi (1379 AH) said, discussing the history of the green dome that was built over the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and explaining that it is an innovation that was done by some sultans and ignorant persons who erred and made a mistake, and that it is contrary to the clear saheeh ahaadeeth and reflects ignorance of the Sunnah, and that they went to extremes and imitated the Christians who are confused and misguided:

It should be noted that until the year 678 AH, there was no dome over the chamber which contains the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather it was built by the king al-Zaahir al-Mansoor Qalawoon al-Saalihi in that year (678 AH), when this dome was built.

I say: He did that because he had seen in Egypt and Syria the adorned churches of the Christians, so he imitated them out of ignorance of the command and Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as al-Waleed imitated them by adorning the mosque, as was mentioned in Wafa’ al-Wafa’.

It should be noted that undoubtedly this action of Qalawoon was contrary to the saheeh ahaadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but ignorance is a great calamity and exaggeration in love and veneration is a real disaster, and imitation of foreigners is a fatal disease. We seek refuge with Allaah from ignorance and exaggeration and imitation of foreigners. End quote.

Juhood ‘Ulama’ al-Hanafiyyah fi Ibtaal ‘Aqaa’id al-Qubooriyyah (3/1660-1662).

Thirdly: The reason why it has not been demolished:

The scholars have explained the shar’i rulings concerning the building of this dome and its obvious effects on the followers of bid’ah’ who have developed an attachment to this structure and its colour, and they praise and venerate it a great deal in their poetry and writings. Now it is up to the authorities to implement these fatwas, and this is nothing to do with the scholars.

The reason why it is not demolished is so as to ward off fitnah and for fear that it may lead to chaos among the ordinary people and the ignorant. Unfortunately the ordinary people have only reached this level of veneration towards this dome because of the leadership of misguided scholars and imams of innovation. They are the ones who incite the ordinary people against the land of the Two Holy Sanctuaries and its ‘aqeedah and its manhaj. They are very upset about many actions that are in accordance with sharee’ah in our view and contrary to innovation in their view.

Whatever the case, the shar’i ruling is quite clear, and the fact that this dome has not been demolished does not mean that it is permissible to build it or any dome over any grave, no matter what grave it is.

Shaykh Saalih al-‘Usaymi (may Allaah preserve him) said:

The fact that this dome has remained for eight centuries does not mean that it has become permissible, and being silent about it does not indicate approval of it or that it is permissible. Rather the Muslim authorities should remove it and put it back as it was at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). They should remove the dome and the adornments and engravings that are found in the mosques, above all the Prophet’s Mosque, so long as that will not lead to an even greater fitnah. If it would lead to an even greater fitnah, then the ruler should postpone the matter until he finds an opportunity for that. End quote.

Bida’ al-Quboor, Anwaa’uha wa ahkaamuha (p. 253).

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/110061

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM   #1502
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 830

Ridiculous article. This thread should not be used as a stage for propagating Salafism. All Islamic views should be welcome here with no one view prevailing. Thank you.

And what the hell is Jazakallah? If you're so insistent on Arabizing the religion, at least learn the language and use it properly.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #1503
abu mohammed

Likes (Received): 47

I think its a great article. It covers all points and is not biased. And it is to do with the history / news about the mosque. There were claims on the news a few years ago that the dome was to be demolished. If that was the case, then surely every one would be discussing it. It's good to know the rulings and outcomes.

This us one of the most popular news papers in our country, the UK. They found it an important topic to discuss too.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-2360114.html

I'm not salafi, nor Shia, and this is not the forum for that. However, the article was educational.

I'm no Arab, but I was told Jazakallah is a way of thanking with the blessings of Allah. I would rather say Jazakallah than cheers mate!

I hope you don't mind. So far the sister has bought us valuable information on many grounds, therefore, I feel the need of defending her in thic situation. I apologize in advance if I have said anything to hurt their feelings. Please forgive me.

Last edited by abu mohammed; March 3rd, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
abu mohammed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM   #1504
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Dear readers,

Sorry, I understand that some maybe shock with this article, should say fatwa. The green dome is not in Canada or in China, it's in Saudi Arabia a country who promote salafism. A lot of muslims even some Saudis, don't know that there is a fatwa made by Saudi salafis sheikhs to demolish it.

Some articles were published during last Haj season about the detruction of islamic heritage by (they say) ''Wahabis''...and they point the green dome. Like in the article posted by abu muhammed where we can read:
Quote:
Al-Masjid al-Nawabi

For many years, hardline Wahabi clerics have had their sites set on the 15th century green dome that rests above the tomb holding the Prophet, Abu Bakr and Umar in Medina. The mosque is regarded as the second holiest site in Islam. Wahabis, however, believe marked graves are idolatrous. A pamphlet published in 2007 by the Saudi Ministry of Islamic Affairs, endorsed by Abdulaziz Al Sheikh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, stated that "the green dome shall be demolished and the three graves flattened in the Prophet's Masjid".
If I post articles about salafism on this thread it's because Mecca and also Madinah are in a country who promote salafism and Haj is concern by this and all the pilgrims who come in Saudi too.

Really, I don't understand what's there problem with ''Jazakallah'' maybe some prefer ''Barakallahufik''. We use to see both expressions in muslims forum. Sure a excellent way to thank. I'm sure that in Mecca we can hear a lot of ''Jazakallah, barakallahufik!'' : )

@abu muhammed...Jazakallah : )

Last edited by Roukaya19; March 3rd, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM   #1505
abu mohammed

Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1506
abu mohammed

Actually, I think Mesch agrees with you and he assumed that you were promoting the salafi view.

Last edited by abu mohammed; March 3rd, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
abu mohammed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM   #1507
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu mohammed View Post
Actually, I think Mesch agrees with you and he assumed that you were promoting the salafi view.
Sorry, for now I don't have any text of other islamics view on the Green Dome.

Also I can not post on all islamics approch on this thread.This is too religious for this forum and can lead to dispute.

May Allah guide us

edit again:

On this thread I promote islam, in general. Like I post stories about ppl who convert to islam. But never about one convert to salafism, or any other islamic approch.

-

Last edited by Roukaya19; March 4th, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1508
abu mohammed

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mo...reen-dome.html

Thats ok. (i saw your original post before the edit) good choice.

Anyway, the above link has plenty of info with regards to the green dome and what's inside and what's not.

Back to the topic of the news.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:40 PM   #1509
abu mohammed

Saudi dentist invents new dental surgery technique

Dr. Ali Thafeed Al-Ghamdi

By JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS Published: Mar 2, 2012 23:13 Updated: Mar 2, 2012 23:13

The Saudi dental consultant, who won international attention in periodontics and implant dentistry, has started practical application of his invention for the benefit of patients.

Head of the King Abdulaziz University Oral Basic and Clinical Sciences Department Dr. Ali Thafeed Al-Ghamdi, who is also assistant professor and consultant in periodontics and implant dentistry and head of periodontic department, received the copyright for his novel technique from the American Bureau of Patents and Inventions, the highest body for copyrights in the US, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Thursday.

Al-Ghamdi has also completed all experiments related to his inventions and wrote a final report on the surgical treatment. The new surgical technique developed by him and called Tunnel Technique will make considerable contribution to end difficulties countered while doing block graft surgery for diseased jaws, Al-Ghamdi said in a statement.

The new tunnel technique involves soft tissue preparation prior to symphyseal (fibrocartilaginous fusion between two bones) block graft.

His research reached a turning point when he noticed a fast healing tendency in patients who underwent allografts (transplant of cells, tissues or organs) for soft tissue augmentation prior to mono-cortical block graft compared to those who underwent the block graft before the allograft. That is why his research focused on allograft before block graft.

The sample patients underwent an acellular dermal matrix (ADM) allograft for soft tissue augmentation prior to mono-cortical block graft. The operated patients recovered without suffering any complications. On the other hand, three out of 10 people who underwent allograft after bone graft had developed several complications.

The success of the new technique was attested by a team of highly qualified dental surgeons who examined the patients who underwent allograft before bone

graft.

“The Tunnel Technique proves that Saudi doctors are not behind any other doctors in the world. This technique will contribute to minimize any complication during bone or jaw graft,” Al-Ghamdi said.

More Muslim inventions

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/memb...nventions.html

He added that jaw and bone grafts are highly expensive and not every patient will be able to afford it.
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #1510
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Peter Sanders, Photographer, UK

one of the worlds leading photographer of the Islamic World

Peter ''Abd al-Adheem'' Sanders

Peter Sanders was born in London in 1946. His professional career in photography began during the mid-sixties where he photographed most of the major stars in the music business including Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Who, the Rolling Stones etc. Towards the end of the 1970’s, Sanders’ attention turned inward which set him on a spiritual search to India and then eventually to the Muslim world where the spiritual beauty of Islam left an indelible impression upon him. After his return to England, he embraced Islam and was given the name Abd al-Adheem. In 1971 he was granted the unique opportunity to photograph the rituals of Hajj or annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca. These images appeared in the Sunday Times Magazine, The Observer, among many other major journals in recognition of their rareness.

For Peter Sanders, faith and photography have both been part of his spiritual development. It was his search to capture the essence of reality that led him to Islam and, with camera in hand, to the door of the Kaaba. From photographing the most famous of idols in the music industry to the most sacred places in the Islamic world, Peter Sanders’ journey encompasses more than a change of focus for his camera lens.

“Having photographed almost every famous person in the music industry I got bored and started getting in to spritual things. I just wanted something else, and so I decided to go to India. I packed everything up and went, looking for a teacher. Eventually I found one, who was basically a Hindu but had a lot of what we consider ‘Muslim Qualities’. I studied with him for about six months and when I cam back to England, some of my friends had become Muslim. Then there were other friends who had gotten heavy into drugs and alchohol. It was as if God was saying to me, ‘which direction do you want to go?’.

“I didn’t know very much about Islam but I had dreams and various other things happened to me. So I made a decision to become Muslim without knowing too much about it. I was 24 years old at the time and within three months of becoming Muslim, I decided to go on Hajj. I didn’t have the money but I just made the intention. My elderly Muslim teacher at that time had also made the intention and I knew that I wanted to go too. Someone gave me a ticket and I went. It was at the Kaaba that I learnt that my teacher had died on the way.”

At the time, back in 1971, photographs of the Hajj were quite rare. Peter Sanders was granted special permission to photograph the sacred places; a decision that still amazes him. “It was pretty unique for a Westerner to have taken pictures of the Hajj. I had to sl;og from offices to offices in Jeddaj and Makkah and eventually I found a man that had the authority to grant me permission. A lot of people didn’t want to take responsibility at the time, and they were generally not too keen on photography anyway, especially by a convert. But this man was in a position to authorise me and he did so purely on trust.”

For Peter Sanders, photography is essentially a means to capture the spirit of Islam. As he describes his efforts to do this, the words of an Urdu poet come to mind: ‘To see the reality of Madinah you need more than just sight; you need vision’. As if seeking to possess this vision is not a great enough mission in itself, Peter Sanders attempts to then convey it to others. He has spent the last thirty years documenting the remains of traditional Islamic societies that are fast disappearing from the earth. One of his ongoing projects in trying to capture dying traditions has been the compilation of a photographic album of the great scholars and saints of our time. The two volumes, that he hopes to raise funds to publish, include pictures of people who were photographed for the first time and some of whom have passed away in recent months and years.

About Peter Sanders

Peter Sanders, internationally recognised as one of the worlds leading photographer of the Islamic World.

The photographer began his career in the mid-1960’s covering Londons’ seminal rock and roll scene, capturing now legendary music icons in a collection that is considered a classic by collectors.

Towards the end of the 1970’s, Sanders’ attention turned inward which set him on a spiritual search that took him to India and led him in the end to the Muslim world. All the while the photographer captured his surroundings on film, creating a striking and disparate record of the last vestiges of traditional Muslim societies in transition. Sanders’ own deep commitment to and love of traditional Islamic culture has brought him into intimate contact with people and places few photographers reach.

“My photography has always been an extension of my life,” he said. “Photography is a wonderful process - a gift from God - that has allowed me to learn so much about myself and the world around me. Its like chasing a moment, trying to capture a beautiful bird in flight.” “The photographs are extremely, extraordinarily beautiful,” claims Japanese Art Critic, Tsuyoshi Kawasoe.

“One should not under-estimate the importance of Peter Sanders’ work,” said American writer Michael Sugich. “He is the only photographer working today who has systematically and with great devotion to the task, covered vast areas of the Islamic world as an insider. Because of his deep understanding of the culture and his impeccable spiritual courtesy, he has been able to photograph places and people that virtually no western photographer would be able to access. He has left an indelible, poetic and ravishing record of an extraordinary time and a rich and fascinating culture.”

It has also been quoted, “he captures the spritiual beauty of creation itself.”

Sanders’ photographs have appeared in many international publications, including Time Magazine, Paris Match, The Observer, The Sunday Times Magazine, Aramco World and the London based pan-Arab news magazine Al Majalla who published his work as a cover story.

His intimate photographs of the sacred cities of Makkah and Madinah are in great demand.

Peter Sanders Photography Limited includes travel, location and studio photography, a photographic library of over 120,000 slides, as well as the production of fine art prints.

This year will see the publication of his first photographic book, ‘In The Shade of The Tree.’ Another three are in mid-production, including one about the muslims in China.

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/938/

The Green Dome

Through the lens of Peter Sanders

Sander Gallery http://islamic-arts.org/2012/through...eters-sanders/
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #1511
abu mohammed

Wow MashaAllah.
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #1512
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Governor reviews strategic Haj plan

Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal and Haj Minister Bandar Al-Hajjar
discuss the strategic plan to improve Haj services.

By MAKKAH: ARAB NEWS

Published: Mar 4, 2012 01:34 Updated: Mar 4, 2012 01:34

Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal and Haj Minister Bandar Al-Hajjar discussed here yesterday the ministry’s 25-year strategic plan to improve services to the millions of pilgrims who come to the Kingdom every year to perform Haj and Umrah.

During the meeting, Prince Khaled emphasized the fact that the 20-year plan for the development of Makkah province is also aimed primarily at serving the guests of God who come from different parts of the world.

“The development of Makkah province will begin from the Holy Kaaba,” the governor said while explaining his vision for Makkah development. “All projects and services in the region will begin from Makkah,” he added.

Prince Khaled reiterated that the Saudi government considered its services to the guests of God as a great honor. “It is our duty to improve the services being extended to Haj and Umrah pilgrims,” he said.

The King Abdullah Project for the Development of Makkah and Holy Sites and the project to develop Makkah into a smart city as well as other projects are aimed at providing excellent services to pilgrims.

Al-Hajjar thanked Prince Khaled for his continuous support to the Haj Ministry and for his instructions to improve Haj and Umrah services.

Meanwhile, Prince Khaled met with Talal Mirza, chairman of Makkah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and some of its board members who briefed the governor on the chamber’s new headquarters building constructed at a cost of SR114 million.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article582716.ece
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #1513
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Services ready for 3 million Umrah pilgrims

4 March 2012

EDDAH – The General Presidency of the Two Holy Mosques has prepared a comprehensive plan to provide services to an expected three million Umrah pilgrims this year, said Dr. Muhammad Bin Nasir Al-Khuzayyam, the vice-president of the organization.

These services will continue up to the first week of September this year, he added, in an interview with Saudi Gazette recently. The presidency has prepared booklets published in various languages to help pilgrims with the Umrah rituals.

Al-Khuzayyam said a number of renowned scholars deliver lectures after Fajr and Asr prayers, until Isha, on the Umrah, sayings of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and other important aspects of Islam.

A network of more than 150 telephones allows for inquiries about any matter pertaining to the Umrah.

Over 4,000 regular staffers, including seasonal staff, are equipped with electric cleaners and compact disposal garbage vehicles to clean the Grand Mosque around-the-clock. There is also technical staff available to fix the machines.

Zamzam water is supplied in 25,000 thermoses, with workers to clean and refill them. Hundreds of thousands of sterilized plastic cups are also available.

For Tawaf (circumambulating around the Ka’ba) and Sai (brisk walking between As-Safa and Al-Marwah hillocks), 10,000 wheelchairs are available for people with disabilities and the elderly. The wheelchairs can be accessed from earmarked places outside the mosque and on the first floor of As-Safa gate. Automatic wheelchairs can be hired for SR50 for the Sai only.

A security force has been deployed to tackle pickpockets and other crime on all four floors. The force is controlled from a central computerized room.

Khuzayyam said that with about one million visitors present in the Grand Mosque, 700 staffers are deployed at its 139 gates.

One million copies of the Holy Qur’an are being distributed in various languages including Urdu, French, Indonesian, Thai, Spanish, Bosnian, Turkish, Chinese, Somali and Malayalam.

In Madina, where the Prophet’s Mosque accommodates more than one million worshippers, nearly 3,000 maintenance workers are deployed. A total of 20 tankers supply Zamzam water daily to the Prophet’s Mosque, for 4,500 thermoses.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20120304118813
Old March 4th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #1514
ashifali01

Likes (Received): 9

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/67642218

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/52341491

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/67641902

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/67641935

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/30071892

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/67761619

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/52343152

Last edited by ashifali01; March 5th, 2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: making the size smaller
ashifali01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #1515
abu mohammed

salaam, brothers and sisters.

I am using a dual screen for my computer and have just loaded Windows 8, This new version gives me the option of splitting an image correctly across two screens, where as before I had to download something for it to give me this option. see image below of my screens.

Can some one post some good quality images of Panaromic Islamic photos that I can use for my computer wallpaper

Excuse the lego model, that was used for one of my posts, built by son, Mohammed.

Thanks in advance.
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #1516
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Thanks, but please choice ''large'' size instead of ''original'' size. Better to appreciate the pics.

I like those ones...

Old March 5th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #1517
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Pak envoy discusses Haj arrangements with Hajjar

Haj MinisHaj Minister Bandar bin Mohammad Hajjar receives Pakistan
Ambassador Muhammad Naeem Khan at his office in Riyadh on Sunday.
By RIYADH: ARAB NEWS

Published: Mar 5, 2012 01:09 Updated: Mar 5, 2012 01:09

Pakistan Ambassador to the Kingdom Muhammad Naeem Khan held a meeting with Haj Minister Bandar bin Mohammad Hajjar in Riyadh yesterday.

A number of issues relating to bilateral cooperation between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to facilitate Haj operations were discussed during the meeting.

The ambassador thanked the minister and the government for the excellent hospitality extended to Pakistani pilgrims coming to the Kingdom for Haj and Umrah.

During Haj last year, 180,000 Pakistanis performed the pilgrimage and they were appreciative of the arrangements made by the Saudi government.

Referring to his recent meetings with Syed Khursheed Ahmad Shah, minister for religious affairs of Pakistan, in order to finalize the details of cooperation for the next Haj season, Hajjar termed the talks as “very constructive.”

After talks with the minister Shah had said that the Saudi government agreed to an increase of 10,000 pilgrims from Pakistan for the upcoming Haj. The ambassador wished the minister success for the Haj and Umrah arrangements and extended all support from Pakistan in this regard.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article583151.ece
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #1518
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 830

I didn't mean to undermine Roukaya with my last post, I appreciate her efforts and I've expressed that on more than one occasion.

I found the article, especially the last part, one sided and it's what I was trying to point out. I realize that Mecca is a Saudi city and thus under the control of a government that promotes Salafism but I don't think this should influence this thread here on an international forum.

As for "Jazakallah", the two words "Jazak" and "Allah" on their own simply mean "may God give you" thus it's an incomplete sentence and doesn't make much sense. If it's an abbreviation that you're using I guess that's fine but if you want to be more accurate about it, Jazakallah Khair (may God reward you, lit. may God give you good/blessings) is a better option.
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1519
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Umrah company dupes 11 French Muslims

5 March 2012

MAKKAH — The Ministry of Haj is investigating a complaint by 11 French Umrah pilgrims that the Umrah company they had made the booking with duped them on their accommodation and visa period. Undersecretary of the Ministry of Haj Hatim Qadhi said investigations are underway into the program which was marketed at foreign Umrah pilgrims.

The pilgrims have alleged that they were not accommodated in the hotel in Madina the company had promised them earlier but were forced to accept an accommodation far from the Prophet’s Mosque. They also claim that despite being promised they’d be taken on a tour of historical places, they were only able to visit Jabal Uhud (Mount Uhud) and Quba Mosque all on their own expenses.

“The situation in Makkah was much worse than what we faced in Madina,” one of the pilgrims, Su’aad said. “We had to travel on a rundown minibus driven by a man who appeared to be unfit for the job, as he was driving recklessly. When we arrived in Makkah we couldn’t find the company’s representative.”

According to the pilgrims, they waited next to the Hilton Hotel where they were supposed to stay but to they soon realized that no such bookings had been made in their name.

“We waited for a long time and missed many obligatory prayers we intended to perform in the Grand Mosque,” Su’aad said. “We shuttled between various offices: to the Ministry of Haj branch in Makkah, Supervision and Monitoring Committee and the Complaints Committee, but all our efforts were in vain.”

Finally an employee of the Ministry of Haj employee arrived and contacted the company’s representative to sort out the accommodation for the pilgrims. He offered to provide accommodation in various hotels in Al-Ghazza District and on King Abdulaziz Road. However both of these hotels were far from the Grand Mosque and unacceptable to the pilgrims.

“We wanted our accommodation in Hilton Hotel as per our bookings from France,” Su’aad said. “But they provided us with accommodation in Al-Misfalah District.”

We realized that they had tampered with the contract prompting us to lodge an official complaint with the Ministry.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index...20120305118875
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #1520
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesch View Post
I didn't mean to undermine Roukaya with my last post, I appreciate her efforts and I've expressed that on more than one occasion.

I found the article, especially the last part, one sided and it's what I was trying to point out. I realize that Mecca is a Saudi city and thus under the control of a government that promotes Salafism but I don't think this should influence this thread here on an international forum.
Yes Mesch I know you appreciate, thanks

Religion is a very sensitive point but I try to talk about islam in general, for muslims in general, for pilgrims in general. It's not an easy part and what you are depict on what you do. If I'm shia maybe this thread will look different. I'm just a sunni muslima looking for truth. I don't think the thread looks salafi.

About the Green Dome for now what I know, there is only salafis scholars who want its demolition. I think it will remain there. But for many groups, it's not permissible to build something over a grave, no matter what grave it is.

Quote:
As for "Jazakallah", the two words "Jazak" and "Allah" on their own simply mean "may God give you" thus it's an incomplete sentence and doesn't make much sense. If it's an abbreviation that you're using I guess that's fine but if you want to be more accurate about it, Jazakallah Khair (may God reward you, lit. may God give you good/blessings) is a better option.
Merci professeur

Sorry we are not arabs...Jazakallah Khair

Last edited by Roukaya19; March 5th, 2012 at 06:29 AM.