daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Old March 6th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #101
realitybites-u

Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Ok now I have two questions:

1. Is this drawing serious? Isn't it just some forumer vision idea?
2. So who is the architect of this thing? The person above me says they're good so I just wonder who they are.

I must say this teaser looks really good, but I would like to know if this is anyhow serious.
that's actually real renders but sketches only. the architects is fender katsalidis.
realitybites-u no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 6th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #102
realitybites-u

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
im on the other forum searching for some information. i bump some stuff i find, but they don't seem to sources much at all

no idea where guy4versa got the stuff and if it is in any way real stuff.
the first picture above is not warisan merdeka. it's confirmed.
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #103
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
im on the other forum searching for some information. i bump some stuff i find, but they don't seem to sources much at all

no idea where guy4versa got the stuff and if it is in any way real stuff.
I remember this being commented as some amateur drawing some time ago in Malaysian section, although it doesn't look amateur at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitybites-u View Post
that's actually real renders but sketches only. the architects is fender katsalidis.
I can see those are sketches. What I asked was if those sketches represent actual design which is going to be used in this project or if it's just someones not related idea. Can someone answer that?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; March 6th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #104
sepul

Likes (Received): 814

according to our single available source (a fellow forumer who appears to be directly related to property sector in KL, probably working for the city hall) those sketches do represent the actual design..
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #105
sepul

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Agree. Over 500m tower almost U/C and no information available about it. Even Kingdom tower and mentioned 432 are less secretive
you have to understand that this controversial tower will have real potential to topple the government, which is accused of over-spending (seriously).. especially when the general election is expected to be held in a few months.
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #106
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepul View Post
according to our single available source (a fellow forumer who appears to be directly related to property sector in KL, probably working for the city hall) those sketches do represent the actual design..
And that's what I wonted to know, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepul View Post
you have to understand that this controversial tower will have real potential to topple the government, which is accused of over-spending (seriously).. especially when the general election is expected to be held in a few months.
But it has been reported many times that it will be 500m tower. So i really don't get what difference does that make if they show the design at this point or not.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #107
sepul

the difference is that Malaysian media hasn't yet make a hype out of the fact that the project is still on going, and surely they will report it en masse when the design is released to the public.. the media esp newspapers have been very silent about this issue ever-since the last "outbreak", even a couple of friends of mine who are against this project were surprised when I told them the project is still on and currently undergoing preparatory works..
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #108
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1923

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
100-storey tower to be PNB new HQ
By Shahriman Johari and Sharen Kaur Published: 2010/10/21

The 100-storey tower that forms part of Warisan Merdeka will be the new headquarters of Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) as the fund manager is already thinking about redeveloping its existing head office.

Come 2016, its main building on Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, will be 30 years old. It is already fully occupied by PNB and its companies.

"We have to ensure we have occupancy. We need to move to this place. It will be mainly used by us and our investee companies," group chief executive officer Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman said at a briefing in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

Warisan Merdeka, a 10-year mixed-development project estimated to cost RM5 billion, will be PNB's single biggest property project to date. Its construction is set to create some 5,000 jobs.

The tower alone, of about 525 metres , makes up half of the cost. The project will be done by PNB's wholly-owned PNB Merdeka Ventures Sdn Bhd, but it is open to having partners.

It may also sell part of the 14.6ha site, but this has yet to be finalised as it also wants to have recurring income from the properties.

"We must make sure returns prevail," Hamad Kama Piah said, adding that 8-10 per cent a year would be a good rate.

More importantly, Warisan Merdeka will boost the prices of residential, office and retail properties in the Golden Triangle, especially the Jalan Hang Tuah area, Pudu and Imbi, said Zerin Properties founder and chief executive officer Previn Singhe.

Property valuers said property prices shot up when the Petronas Twin Towers was built in 1985. Some foresee Warisan Merdeka to be the next KLCC.

"We need to look at the project very objectively. New York had five tallest towers in the world at any one time and they are all doing well," Previn said.

The land price in the Golden Triangle area is currently around RM2,000 per sq ft, while the net lettable area of a top office building is about RM800 per sq ft.

But valuers who were not so bullish said the key challenge is how to deal with traffic flow.

"You must look at the project site. It is very dense and road access and public transportation is limited. If the government can improve that, then we will have a different price outlook," said a valuer who declined to be named.

This was acknowledged by Hamad Kama Piah, who stressed that PNB has consultants working on the traffic issue. The cost of improving infrastructure in the area has also been factored into the overall RM5 billion cost, he explained.

Source: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UjaiDidida View Post
Quote:
image hosted on flickr
Quote:
image hosted on flickr

Kuala Lumpur by varlamov, on Flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #109
Hudson11
"John Boehner"

Likes (Received): 2405

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitybites-u View Post
the final design still not released yet. i think we need to wait until the end of the year to see the design. below is some renders from the malaysian forum.

looks like something Gehry would design
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #110
Dancing Banana

Likes (Received): 141

KL should stick to the timeless designs they already have and not start building these trendy strange things that look special for 5 years and then start to become ugly...
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #111
erbse
Alpha Bull

Likes (Received): 23049

Still no official renderings?
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #112
realitybites-u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Banana View Post
KL should stick to the timeless designs they already have and not start building these trendy strange things that look special for 5 years and then start to become ugly...
i agree. the architect is fender katsalidis who designed the eureka tower so i don't think we can expects something fancy and iconic
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #113
realitybites-u

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Still no official renderings?
the renderings still not released yet.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #114
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 1158

Soon..right after current general election.....everything will be in full swing...
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #115
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1923

Boom year for construction sector
Published: 2012/04/17
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...struk/Article/

PROJECTS GALORE: PIB expects contracts worth up to RM20b to be awarded, making 2012 a record in terms of order flow

THE construction sector is likely to have a banner year with up to RM20 billion worth of jobs to be awarded.

Public Investment Bank Bhd (PIB) believes 2012 could easily be the record year in terms of order flow.

"We estimate that the sector should get no less than RM20 billion this year," PIB said in a research note yesterday.

The sector started the year strongly with RM5.9 billion job wins in the first quarter, which was already 74.5 per cent of the total RM7.9 billion awarded last year.

"The acceleration of government project awards from a slew of big-ticket projects, such as the remaining contracts for six packages of the elevated portion of the Sungai Buloh-Kajang (SBK) line, the RM7 billion West Coast Expressway (WCE), the RM7 billion electrified double tracking (EDT) from Gemas to Johor Baru and the RM30 billion Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (SCORE), in our view, should easily increase job wins to the record level," PIB noted.

It believed that the government would progressively award contracts over the next few months, with 90 or so awarded by mid-2012 to ensure the SBK line was completed by July 2017.

The firm also expects the letter of acceptance for the RM8 billion tunnelling job awarded to the Gamuda-MMC consortium to be out soon and more spending in the power industry and SCORE in Sarawak.

It is learnt that for the second quarter of the year, 13 packages under the MRT SBK line are in advanced stages, while potential awards include packages V4 (Section 17-Semantan) and V7 (Bandar Tun Hussein Onn-Taman Mesra), worth about RM1 billion each.

Others include the West Coast Expressway, estimated at RM7 billion, and an LRT depot for RM500 million.

Other potential jobs that may be awarded are those driven by projects under the Economic Transformation Programme, including the construction of the RM27 billion Kuala Lumpur International Financial District and the RM5 billion Warisan Merdeka building.

The firm has assigned "overweight" rating on the sector, with Gamuda Bhd, Mudajaya Bhd, Hock Seng Lee Bhd and TRC Synergy Bhd being its top picks.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #116
patchay

Likes (Received): 1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
Malaysia's PNB gets go-ahead for "100-storey" tower (rumored 118 floors excluding spire)
Business Times | By Ahmad Othman | August 28, 2012

Hopefully this will be Southeast Asia's tallest tower come 2018.

Name: Warisan Merdeka (Heritage of Independence Tower)
Height: Between 520m to 680m (with or without spire)
Floor: 118 floors
Type: Mix use. Office + residential + hotel + retail + healthcare. Expected to have a higher observation deck than Petronas Twin Towers.
Status: Land clearing completed. Completion of soil testing. Development order signed. Infrastructure planning stage.
Completion: 2018
Developer: Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB)
Largest future office tenant: Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB)

Quote:
Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) is Malaysia's largest state asset management company. With fund under management totaling more than RM200 billion (approx. US$64.1 billion, as at March 2012), the PNB Group is the country's leading investment institution with a diversified portfolio of interests that include unit trusts, institution property trust, property management and asset management.

PNB is also the largest shareholder of government-linked companies such as Maybank Group, S P Setia Group, Sime Darby Group, UMW Holdings (Perodua), etc.

Company website: http://www.pnb.com.my

Some sketches on SSC:

SSC snapshots:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannix View Post
not revising to 150 storey but the spire/antenna has been redesign with additional height

i dint have time to flip through it.. so i dont know how it looks like or how much taller.

but again, latest by Q1 next year.

revised to 2018 as the latest timeline unless more surprise come out.

they are already working on different strategies to tie the project timeline with the sensitive date in order to optimize the program..

another milestone, latest design been approved.. they are basically ready to move in the machines..

some other design change.. mainly on infra where flyover been changed to tunnel.. etc..

Malaysia's PNB gets go-ahead for "100-storey" tower (rumored 118 floors excluding spire)
Business Times | By Ahmad Othman | August 28, 2012
Quote:
It was reported that the development will also include a shopping complex and condominium unit.

PERMODALAN Nasional Bhd (PNB) has obtained the development order from Kuala Lumpur City Hall to build the 100-storey Menara Warisan Merdeka.

The development order was attached with several conditions, including those related to legal matters, said PNB president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman.

"We are studying the terms in order to fulfil them. We must ensure proper planning because the development order is approved with conditions," he said after announcing the income distribution for Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 for the year ended August 31 2012, here, yesterday.

Earlier reports said PNB would be undertaking the RM5 billion Warisan Merdeka development in three phases over 10 years, starting with the 100-storey tower this year.

The tower - touted to be the country's tallest - will cost RM2.5 billion to RM3 billion and will have gross floor space of three million sq ft and net floor space of 2.2 million sq ft. It is scheduled to be completed in 2015.

Article >>> http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...risen/Article/

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Y2k.2^ View Post
They've started on the MRT works next to the indoor stadium. Not sure whether this includes the warisan merdeka project as seems that they r clearing the whole piece of land surrounding it, and notice the different color of hoarding:

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #117
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 3997

Great news

Follow me on Twitter: @Black_Peak
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #118
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 3700

southeast asia's tallest would mean we may have a race between this and signature tower. would be amazing to see the height being changed upwards towards a megatall project.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #119
EPA001

Likes (Received): 1151

That would be very nice indeed.
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that Gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature" - Carl Sagan
EPA001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #120
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2038

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote