daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:40 AM   #1241
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play

Likes (Received): 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHill View Post
If I am just $1billion dollar richer, I can relocate 215,000 families and give them a PhP200,000 worth of a nice modern Bungalow house in fully furnished condition.....

I hope that the govt's housing project for IS will progress in fast-track..
The first thing I hope, is that the funds will not fall on the wrong pockets..

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
Sleepwalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM   #1242
certified_gold

Likes (Received): 28

Just asking, would public condominiums be a substitute for bungalow houses in terms of relocation?
It takes much less space and much more people.
I can't help to wonder why can't this be used as an alternative.
I mean, even our ASEAN neighbors had engaged to this kind of a solution.
No wonder their skyline's so good.
certified_gold no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #1243
CarltonHill
Polonia

Likes (Received): 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by certified_gold View Post
Just asking, would public condominiums be a substitute for bungalow houses in terms of relocation?
It takes much less space and much more people.
I can't help to wonder why can't this be used as an alternative.
I mean, even our ASEAN neighbors had engaged to this kind of a solution.
No wonder their skyline's so good.
could be. just like in Brazil...

I'm in favor of substituting low cost vertical developments to bungalow houses... wag lang magmukhang napabayaang tenement..
CarltonHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #1244
oinks
Special Member

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiretoce View Post
This video will make you angry, it will make you cry, it will make you feel hopeless. Viewer discretion is advised.

Im still proud to be a Filipino!

Talagang hindi aasenso ang buhay natin kung buong buhay natin iaasa palagi sa gobyerno, walang katapusang problema!!

New year na, magbago na tayo, magsumikap! Wag puro sisi sa iba!

Last edited by oinks; December 29th, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
oinks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:48 AM   #1245
wiljoe

Likes (Received): 0

The Squatting Problem

^This video is plain propaganda. He is insinuating that all the problems in the Philippines started in 1986. He totally omitted the misdeeds of the past administrations - from Quezon to Marcos.

I think the Pnoy housing plan is a good start, in city house relocation is the way to go. Relocating people to far flung areas will not work. Also, in city house relocation would benefit the local politicians as they would not lose any votes; in fact they would gain votes. This is a win-win scenario for everyone. But the authorities should make sure that other people won't squat in the vacated areas.

Last edited by wiljoe; December 31st, 2011 at 03:35 AM.
wiljoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:58 AM   #1246
epik ll ian

Likes (Received): 4

I highly disagree. This video has some pretty relevant, pressing and real issues.
epik ll ian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:56 AM   #1247
Parchie

Likes (Received): 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yre View Post
Yes we understand...

Swerte naman nila, may libreng bahay na, may cash pa!

LOL

I was waiting for some other reaction but ako lang yata natatawa dito.
From a portion of my favorite economic journalist:
Quote:
The Complete Perversion of the Law
But, unfortunately, law by no means confines itself to its proper functions. And when it has exceeded its proper functions, it has not done so merely in some inconsequential and debatable matters. The law has gone further than this; it has acted in direct opposition to its own purpose. The law has been used to destroy its own objective: It has been applied to annihilating the justice that it was supposed to maintain; to limiting and destroying rights which its real purpose was to respect. The law has placed the collective force at the disposal of the unscrupulous who wish, without risk, to exploit the person, liberty, and property of others. It has converted plunder into a right, in order to protect plunder. And it has converted lawful defense into a crime, in order to punish lawful defense.
How has this perversion of the law been accomplished? And what have been the results?
The law has been perverted by the influence of two entirely different causes: stupid greed and false philanthropy. Let us speak of the first.
"Elected leaders tend to believe they are responsible for a lot more than they really are. Like the little boy on his first plane trip 'helping' the plane by flapping his arms as the Boeing 747 begins to ascend, legislators often seem to believe that somehow they run the economy and solve lots of problems." Curt Leonard
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1248
calaguyo
F.L.I.P.

Likes (Received): 334

Shanty town turned into development town!

What are the shanty towns in Metro Manila which were turned for development purposes? Are there such?
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1249
tita01

Likes (Received): 795

wala pa??? ung la peral compound kaya
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #1250
calaguyo
F.L.I.P.

Likes (Received): 334

I was surprised that these illegal settlers can afford to have AC in their houses, not to mention the theatre system, LCD TV etc...

My suggestion, the government should put up a government housing. It's a lucrative business to increase our tax base. When I was in Makati, I was paying 6,000 pesos monthly for a studio type apartment in one of the cluster houses owned by Binays. I'm pretty sure these illegal settlers can pay atleast 5,000 amortization for government funded housing.

Provided that the beneficiary must have a stable sources of income at nagbabayad ng income tax, kayang kaya nila ito. What's the use of PAG IBIG di ba?
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #1251
jpdm
makabayan

Likes (Received): 3688

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaguyo View Post
I was surprised that these illegal settlers can afford to have AC in their houses, not to mention the theatre system, LCD TV etc...

My suggestion, the government should put up a government housing. It's a lucrative business to increase our tax base. When I was in Makati, I was paying 6,000 pesos monthly for a studio type apartment in one of the cluster houses owned by Binays. I'm pretty sure these illegal settlers can pay atleast 5,000 amortization for government funded housing.

Provided that the beneficiary must have a stable sources of income at nagbabayad ng income tax, kayang kaya nila ito. What's the use of PAG IBIG di ba?
Definitely agree here.
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #1252
hugodiekonig
DEUTSCHLAND - WELTMEISTER

Likes (Received): 22343

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaguyo View Post
What are the shanty towns in Metro Manila which were turned for development purposes? Are there such?
hmmm smokey mountain sa Maynila perhaps? im not sure

Hugo Der König 2014 Hugo Le Roi 2014 Hugo The King 2014 Хьюго Король 2014 Hugo O Rei 2014
hugodiekonig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1253
mnemonick
Insomiac User

Likes (Received): 33

Watching Failon Ngayon now, gee i didn't know that there are what you call professional squatters.....those upper class jerks who illegally built a big wet market and stores-cum-houses on a land they don't own....making the poor rent those and harvesting a tax free revenue
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #1254
manies_flip
Hello!

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
Free paint? Wow, that's thick! Lapu-lapu LGU is not only tolerating them, but also supporting them...
its better than building a wall to hide it, Saves more money that way too
manies_flip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1255
vladimirlev
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiljoe View Post
^This video is plain propaganda. He is insinuating that all the problems in the Philippines started in 1986. He totally omitted the misdeeds of the past administrations - from Quezon to Marcos.

I think the Pnoy housing plan is a good start, in city house relocation is the way to go. Relocating people to far flung areas will not work. Also, in city house relocation would benefit the local politicians as they would not lose any votes; in fact they would gain votes. This is a win-win scenario for everyone. But the authorities should make sure that other people won't squat in the vacated areas.
Correction the problem start from Aguinaldo...remeber ipinapatay ni Aguinaldo si Bonifacio dahil sa di matanggap ni Bonifacio ang resulta ng halalan dahil dinaya cya ni Aguinaldo! Immagine Fist Phil. election may dayaan na! nagpatayan pa kapwa bayani! (kuno) How can they be heroes kung sila sila nag papatayan? Sabi ni Aguilado Bonifacio is a sour looser sabi naman ni Bonifacio Aguilaldo is a cheater! But sad to say this part of history is seldom discussed in schools! coverup?
vladimirlev no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #1256
julfinch
Vengeful Spirit

Likes (Received): 281

image hosted on flickr

small group of them,a swim away to SRP
julfinch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:24 PM   #1257
2nd Line
PJRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiretoce View Post
This video will make you angry, it will make you cry, it will make you feel hopeless. Viewer discretion is advised.

..those are not enough reasons why you should not to claim "proud to be Pinoy"...being a Proud Pinoy, though you've seen these negative aspects, still have your love for this nation and determined to make a change..

...IMO, though I'm not purely Filipino, what was presented in the video was true...but poverty exists since the time man had fallen to sin in his rebellion against the God of love...what was shown in the video does not only exist exclusively in the Philippines...even the more bitter than it can also be found in the other countries, even too to the wealthiest nation...the evil does not found only in the government, but to the whole nation...and if Rizal was still alive, witnessing this present face of the nation he absolutely loved, I'm sure he would be disappointed..proof? look at the election.. hundred years ago when Rizal wrote his first poem "To the Filipino Youth"...but look at the elections, even at the SK level, youth now are also engaged in vote-buying..the colonial mentality in the Spanish time is still existing today...government officials would persecute anyone who speak the truth against them...that same spirit began in the Spanish was the reason why the Great Malayan Rizal was executed...your hero is undeniably impressive if we think about his writings for his country and for his people's enemies...anything that he wrote really reflects the present...Jesus Christ had seen the Philippines, a nation that bears His name in Asia, agonizing from the immoral oppression...even the Church had done nothing constructive...Christ would take revenge against the Satan-moved oppressive power...I love the Philippines because of her history, especially how her heroes fight for independence because they want their children to enjoy the true freedom...there is no reason why you would decline to be proud pinoy i think...there is still hope...you will now take the role of your heroes they took in the past...you are the today's Rizals...go for it...God is with you...your enemies are not humans, but rather the evil spirits behind that crafts the oppression and immoralities...put in the heart first that you are really "Pinoy" and you really love the Philippines...fight!!..whether we are successful or not, I'm proud of to be Pinoy...

"the vessel must be shaken or be broken to release the perfume."
2nd Line no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #1258
bacolodchamp
Bacolod On My Mind

Likes (Received): 5981

ABADA-ESCAY RELOCATION SITE

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1259
anak_mm
ᜀᜈᜃ᜔ ᜋ,ᜋ,

Likes (Received): 27

slum with makati skyline in this vid, it has millions of views.. great vid though
anak_mm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #1260
Zuburbia
Urban Rebel

Likes (Received): 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by anak_mm View Post
slum with makati skyline in this vid, it has millions of views.. great vid though
cool video!

Tags
philippines, slums