daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #6881
boom_box
[DANGER] Explosive Canopy

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiFX45 View Post
MMDA eyes 'world-class' EDSA

by Henry Omaga-Diaz and Apples Jalandoni | ABS-CBN News | Thursday | Posted at 03/08/2012 1:10 AM | Updated as of 03/08/2012 | 1:10 AM

MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Wednesday expressed plans to develop EDSA into a world-class highway.

During a round-table discussion between the MMDA and ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs, MMDA chair Francis Tolentino revealed plans to make EDSA environment-friendly by August.

“My second pledge before the start of the school year: 900 tree lampposts from Heritage to Balintawak,” Tolentino said.

To ease traffic at the thoroughfare, MMDA plans to build a “skybridge” from E. Rodriguez Ave. in Quezon City to the Sta. Ana racetrack in Makati.

However, Tolentino admitted that a lot of work has to be done before changes can be implemented.

Based on MMDA figures, around 350,000 vehicles pass through EDSA daily, carrying more than 2 million commuters.

The high volume of vehicles was cited as the reason for the frequent accidents along EDSA.

Just last week, a total of 247 vehicular accidents were recorded in Metro Manila by the MMDA.

Curbing accidents

MMDA will also propose that bus companies with a clean accident record be exempted from the number coding scheme as an incentive.

The agency also plans to install light posts along dark stretches of EDSA and modern traffic lights to prevent accidents.

However, MMDA noted that to reduce the number of accidents, drivers must always practice discipline.

“We all know that at the end of the day, safety is really within our control. If you go out, malaki ang responsibilidad mo sa sarili mong buhay at lalo ng malaki ang responsibilidad ng ating mga drivers,” said MMDA spokesperson Tina Velasco.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...rld-class-edsa
AY SUS... ayan na naman sila, walang talagang matinong plano at nag ambisyon pa ng World Class na highway na punong puno naman ng bulok na jeep at walang laman na Bus..

Unahin muna nilang bawasan ang BUS at Jeep...
boom_box no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 10th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #6882
afterlife00
Caballero de Artes

Likes (Received): 48

I'm sorry, pero diba yung jeepneys nakikita ko nalang sa south/north end of EDSA. Pero along the main highway, I don't see any jeepneys na.

--<oO- ¡Para la Republica de Filipinas! -Oo>--
afterlife00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #6883
edly
Planner

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom_box View Post
AY SUS... ayan na naman sila, walang talagang matinong plano at nag ambisyon pa ng World Class na highway na punong puno naman ng bulok na jeep at walang laman na Bus..

Unahin muna nilang bawasan ang BUS at Jeep...
I think that needs great help and cooperation not just with MMDA but with other transpo agencies like LTO, LTFRB, PNP and all the LGUs which territories are along EDSA. MMDA has limited power when it comes to challenging those buses and jeepneys.

...Unfortunately, other agencies have their own minds about EDSA.

Support LRT and MRT extensions and make our metropolis more livable!
edly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #6884
Juan Pilgrim

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiFX45 View Post
MMDA eyes 'world-class' EDSA

by Henry Omaga-Diaz and Apples Jalandoni | ABS-CBN News | Thursday | Posted at 03/08/2012 1:10 AM | Updated as of 03/08/2012 | 1:10 AM

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...rld-class-edsa
We need to properly enforce the law governing EDSA and a lot of discipline on the part of the motorists, commuters and pedestrians.

Juan Pilgrim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #6885
kalbongdad
bald meat

Likes (Received): 42

ok rin si tolentino...at least yung mga projects ni BF ay tinuloy nya...yang single ticketing...yung mga elevated walkways......greening of the metro....at yung north and south bus terminals.....at least yung mga magagandang idea ni BF hindi nawala.....ganyan dapat ang isang lider.....pinupulot ang maganda iniiwan ang hindi....sana tuloy tuloy na ito.....o diba kahit walang PPP umaandar pag marunong ang nakaupo....pero pag palpak....kahit anong PPP sabihin mo...palpak na palpak na palpak pa rin....

enjoying life, every minute of it

An Bato nga Bantiles Naiibas Guihapon han Durudaguinot nga Turo han Uran
kalbongdad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #6886
calaguyo
F.L.I.P.

Likes (Received): 357

My suggestion to EDSA. Ipasara lahat ng establishments along EDSA like mga car distributors, bars, restaurants, unless may parking area sila for their customers like Megamall and Galleria.

And sana ituloy na ng ALI ang pagkakaroon ng bus company, i-monopolize na nila ang mga BRT sa buong Metro Manila.
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #6887
kingdiz_55

Likes (Received): 17

My suggestion for EDSA is that they should have built the MRT at ground level and have all the highways running across EDSA have a flyover where they can also have entry/exit points. Since that can't happen now, I think that they should not have PUVs along EDSA anymore since there is an MRT.
kingdiz_55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #6888
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 629

IMO, it would have been much better if it was built underground or elevated na lang lahat. Anyway, anjan na yan, lessons learned.
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #6889
kingdiz_55

Likes (Received): 17

True
kingdiz_55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #6890
nike2.5
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

si tolentino nanakit ng tanod sa guadalupe nuevo,how good and strict is this visionary man, like bayani, good job chairman!!!
nike2.5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #6891
Waldenstrom
>>---->

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife00 View Post
I'm sorry, pero diba yung jeepneys nakikita ko nalang sa south/north end of EDSA. Pero along the main highway, I don't see any jeepneys na.
Kailangang mawala na totally ang jeepney sa EDSA lalo na sa Pasay Rotunda area.
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #6892
Kintoy
BAND

Likes (Received): 1218

what's so visionary about painting structures pink?
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #6893
kalbongdad
bald meat

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
the vision of a tree lined blvds, elevated walkways, and u-turns, single ticketing system, north-south terminals....that kind of vision....the very things being implemented now by another action man mmda chair tolentino....these were BF's ideas....

enjoying life, every minute of it

An Bato nga Bantiles Naiibas Guihapon han Durudaguinot nga Turo han Uran
kalbongdad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #6894
Bosnyboy

Likes (Received): 1497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
Well for one he turned mmda into a very professional organization but im sure you didnt notice the difference because you're mind is so blinded by your hatred on anything connected with the previous admin. You're just like the present admin, sobrang nega, sobrang ngitngit at puno ng galit sa dibdib.
Bosnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #6895
wolfdgreat

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
It's a signature. ibig sabihin pag marami pink structure na makikita sa daan.. gawa ng MMDA yan.. at imiplement ni BF yan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnyboy View Post
Well for one he turned mmda into a very professional organization but im sure you didnt notice the difference because you're mind is so blinded by your hatred on anything connected with the previous admin. You're just like the present admin, sobrang nega, sobrang ngitngit at puno ng galit sa dibdib.
OT: hehehe parang ikaw? joke..
wolfdgreat está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #6896
El_Toro

Likes (Received): 3

kaya nga nging maganda ang singapore eh kasi after pagbaba ng ex president yun interim president pinagpapatuloy yun mga nasimulan na ganoon dapat sa pilipinas may continuity of progress... kaso ang nangyayari ay nirereview lahat ng proposed projects ng past admin then sasabihin ng new admin mas pinaganda or nirevise nila yun project just to take the credit...haayyyy
El_Toro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #6897
wolfdgreat

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Toro View Post
kaya nga nging maganda ang singapore eh kasi after pagbaba ng ex president yun interim president pinagpapatuloy yun mga nasimulan na ganoon dapat sa pilipinas may continuity of progress... kaso ang nangyayari ay nirereview lahat ng proposed projects ng past admin then sasabihin ng new admin mas pinaganda or nirevise nila yun project just to take the credit...haayyyy
Siguro yan ang realidad ng politika. Pagkalaban mo, may pagkakataon na may duda ka sa gawa nya.. so ang gagawin e ireviewin mo or silipin or kung ano pa man. At sa tingin ko, di lang sa pilipinas nangyayari. Pati na rin sa sinasabing mong Singapore.
Nagkataon sa Singpore ay, ang kasalukuyang PM ay anak ng naunang PM, at ang ruling party ngayon, ay sya rin ruling party simula nung umpisa.
wolfdgreat está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #6898
jpdm
makabayan

Likes (Received): 4096

Sana ituloy na lang ni MMDA ChairmanTolentino mga projects ni Bayani Fernando wag lang yung pinturang pink.
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #6899
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 629

Ok naman for me si Chairman Tolentino.

Ang ayoko nga lang kay BF ay yung stubbornness nya sa color fenk. Understandable na kung anu-anu projects fenk, pero pati ba naman road signage? Merong DPWH at international standard, yun dapat ang sundin.
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #6900
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdiz_55 View Post
My suggestion for EDSA is that they should have built the MRT at ground level and have all the highways running across EDSA have a flyover where they can also have entry/exit points. Since that can't happen now, I think that they should not have PUVs along EDSA anymore since there is an MRT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
IMO, it would have been much better if it was built underground or elevated na lang lahat. Anyway, anjan na yan, lessons learned.
You can't because Metro Manila is always prone to flooding, underground rail/subway and even tunnel would have been more difficult to build since first of all, Manila has been congested as far as we can remember even during Cory's times, secondly, it is more expensive to build and maintain because underground tunnel and railway would need to have pumps to pump out flood water and such especially during rainy season or stormy season.

Having MRT/LRT would at ground level would not be ideal as well for that same reason and it will impede the traffic especially around intersection. It would also be hard to build stations at ground level.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro manila