|daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on one|
|March 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM||#1|
Time is Ours
Join Date: Apr 2010
Likes (Received): 254
Roskilde l Projects & Construction
Roskilde, a town located in the eastern part of Zealand on the borderline to the Capital region. It's the biggest town in Region Sjælland (820,000 inhb.) with its 83,000 inhabitants in the municipality and 47,000 people in the city itself.
Roskilde is among the most attractive towns on Zealand. The city is the most sought for residential in Denmark, No. 2 on list of most attractive cities to start a shop in, and the third most in demand by companies to settle in. At the same time, Roskilde got the largest population growth in the Copenhagen area.
Since the city also has relatively much land to build on, there are very good framework for development and a near perfect background for a number of major urban development projects and other important projects, which shall be prepared in the city. Several commence in 2012.
* Red Port project to 2 billion. It has been underway for some years and has come a step closer construction after being approved by City Council in November 2011.
* A new development area of 110,000 sqm. by Trekronorstationen has just been approved with space for offices and shops.
2012 will be the breakthrough year for another huge project - the Science Park at Risø. Behind the research park to attract clean tech companies from around the world, stands DTU, Roskilde Municipality, RUC and Region Zealand.
Other development projects under way are:
* Musicon to over 5 billion DDK. - A whole new town with approx. 650 homes and about 2,000 jobs in the cultural sector , where the district is fully developed in 10-15 years.
* On Musicongrunden must in future begin construction of the Rockmagneten, with particular Denmark's new rock museum to approx. 200 million.
* Conversion of Sortebrødre Plads with space for construction of a total of 10,000 sqm. shops, offices, housings, culture, and a car park of 16,000 sqm.
Significant individual projects are:
* Extension of St. Hans Hospital with 24,000 sqm. with an anticipated construction start in 2013.
* The building of 17,000 sqm. Roskilde Technical School. School coupled with the Musicon area. Expected construction start in 2012.
* Courthouse to approx. 100 million DDK. with construction start in 2012.
* Roskilde Ring Company House to approx. DKK 100 million with construction started in December 2011
* Bauhaus to approx. 50 million DDK. with construction starting in 2012.
* Extension of Roskildehallerne to approx. 50 million DDK. with construction starting in 2012.
* Domicile to Roskilde Group approx. 40 million DDK. starting in 2014.
* Energitårnet, ongoing and completed 2013
Since the thread is been started by a non local, I hope we all can participate in this thread.
Welcome to the fantastic city, and the impressive development of Roskilde
The Roskilde Cathedral, listed on the Unesco World Heritage Site.
The church also eternal home for former Danish Kings and Queens.
image hosted on flickr
The Viking Ships Museum by the Roskilde Fiord.
Last edited by Hafnia; March 25th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|