daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Tanzania > Projects and Construction Updates > Dar es Salaam

Old March 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1
tanzan
Serengeti

Likes (Received): 878

Kawe Apartments|Proposed

Designers: http://spacelab.co.uk/projects/devel...-dar-es-salaam
Kawe Dar-es-salaam

Continuing our pioneering work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Spacelab has designed this residential development of 40 apartments (16 two-bedroom and 24 three-bedroom), aimed at families. Comprising five buildings, the scheme centres on a communal leisure courtyard, which acts like a town square, with a swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court. All apartments feature generous balconies, with living rooms and bedrooms arranged in a linear way, so that they all have access to this outdoor space. Penthouses feature larger terraces, and the buildings are staggered in height along the sloping site to maximise sea views for all.

The highest and lowest points of the AFRICAN continent can both be found in TANZANIA!
tanzan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #2
mwinyi

Likes (Received): 409

I am MORE THAN impressed

this is what I'm taking about

I hope wataweka solar and wind turbines
mwinyi está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3
mwinyi

No wonder I was impressed

Jamaa ni wazungu wa UK

no concrete jungle lisilo na maana

this is what our designers should learn
Old March 13th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #4
Mwananchi
Mwananchi

Likes (Received): 22

Lovely, which part of Kawe is it?
Mwananchi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:53 AM   #5
mwinyi

I really dont know but I'm more than impressed

I hope consultants wetu are taking a note
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #6
tanzan
Serengeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinyi View Post
I really dont know but I'm more than impressed

I hope consultants wetu are taking a note
I think local architects/consultants should have a blog/forum or portal that can exchange ideas,see their projects if are sustainable,economical,environmental green,futuristic or just plain boring concrete jungle!

The highest and lowest points of the AFRICAN continent can both be found in TANZANIA!
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #7
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzan View Post
Designers: http://spacelab.co.uk/projects/devel...-dar-es-salaam
Kawe Dar-es-salaam

Continuing our pioneering work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Spacelab has designed this residential development of 40 apartments (16 two-bedroom and 24 three-bedroom), aimed at families. Comprising five buildings, the scheme centres on a communal leisure courtyard, which acts like a town square, with a swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court. All apartments feature generous balconies, with living rooms and bedrooms arranged in a linear way, so that they all have access to this outdoor space. Penthouses feature larger terraces, and the buildings are staggered in height along the sloping site to maximise sea views for all.

Inapendeza
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #8
bnr_888

Likes (Received): 25

Excellent renders, the design is top class.. only if the houses will be affordable then the working class people could live in it
bnr_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #9
chamoto
سلم

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnr_888 View Post
Excellent renders, the design is top class.. only if the houses will be affordable then the working class people could live in it
Yeah right, only if.

Mimi na wewe
chamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #10
believetz

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
I think local architects/consultants should have a blog/forum or portal that can exchange ideas,see their projects if are sustainable,economical,environmental green,futuristic or just plain boring concrete jungle!
That was the intention for :
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...12308165451707

I'm catching up after long and it seems to me that Tanzanian architects/designers really need to come to a single forum, like the one above. This opens them up to criticism not only from neighbouring/African countries, but the world over. How do we encourage this ?
believetz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #11
believetz

Btw, this one is a beauty !
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #12
tanzan
Serengeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by believetz View Post

I'm catching up after long and it seems to me that Tanzanian architects/designers really need to come to a single forum, like the one above. This opens them up to criticism not only from neighbouring/African countries, but the world over. How do we encourage this ?
that they rather come here as opposed to facebook. This is the best place.

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #13
bantugbro
Olduvai Gorge

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #14
mwinyi

Quote:
exactly

People are very gurded with their privacy so they might like the FB page but will be reluctant to post anything

what SSC offers is the anonymity.
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #15
tanzan
Serengeti

Quote:

I suggest you come more often here...FB won't do justice...as you can see since last time you logged in, there are more Tanzanian members. Soon you may see wale wakala wa wasanifu wa majengo pale pamba/tetex house inside here.

Old March 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #16
believetz

Of course I love this forum. You guys are the source of info which I use to publish to the "outside" world. However, I am fed up with the Kenyan/Tanzanian non-sense in this forum. I respect both critical and patriotic views and hence needed more Tanzanian architechts to expose themself to "criticism" from world over. That would be a transparent thing, less biased (kenya/tz) and a challenge to improve designs.

Would also help to form collaboration, companies can meet each other, people can advertise properties etc etc.. u get the idea. I will put the renders out there anyway, may be this will serve as the source of all things East African.. our fights and our heritage.

Mwinyi, take it easy with the criticisms.. Perhaps start sharing your own designs or ur version of say, Uhuru Heights. How wud u have done it better. I am assuming ur a designer ?
Tanzanians, keep up the patriotic spirit :-) .. Peace!
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #17
kiligoland

Likes (Received): 5180

Quote:
Of course I love this forum. You guys are the source of info which I use to publish to the "outside" world. However, I am fed up with the Kenyan/Tanzanian non-sense in this forum. I respect both critical and patriotic views and hence needed more Tanzanian architechts to expose themself to "criticism" from world over. That would be a transparent thing, less biased (kenya/tz) and a challenge to improve designs.

Would also help to form collaboration, companies can meet each other, people can advertise properties etc etc.. u get the idea. I will put the renders out there anyway, may be this will serve as the source of all things East African.. our fights and our heritage.

Mwinyi, take it easy with the criticisms.. Perhaps start sharing your own designs or ur version of say, Uhuru Heights. How wud u have done it better. I am assuming ur a designer ?
+10000000, I prefer someone who will critisize and at the same time say how he wish the thing should look like, and point out the strenght and weakness, rather than ugly this ugly that IMO
kiligoland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #18
mwinyi

Quote:

Well....I was supposed to get a flat at VIVA TOWER but as it is, im getting fed up with the speed and I have two friends who managed to get flats in UHURU HEIGHTS

Wanna know what put me off UHURU HEIGHTS? Believe me or not it was those pictures on the holdings overlooking Peugeot and Raha tower.

They looked cheap without a class whatsoever...the bowling alleys etc

That said, since VIVA was too expensive I recommended UHURU to a friend of mine.

Now do I like the building? well....its unfinished so will reserve my comments for now till I see the end product. Would I move in if I were given a chance absolutely but I would like my apartment to overlook Gymkhana Club.
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #19
mwinyi

updates on this project?
Old July 10th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #20
BenjaminEli
Shrewd

Likes (Received): 8358

Heres a link by the advent constructions

http://www.adventconstructions.com/?p=929