daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Florida

Florida Welcome to the sunshine state

Old March 30th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #41
hpal3
RIP Sean Taylor 21

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hia-leah JDM View Post
Oh look it's Rush Limbaugh's pawn.
I am from Jacksonville, Westside/Orange Park to be precise. I bet you only show your true nature here on this board and not to your neighbors!
hpal3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 30th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #42
CubanBread
POW SUCKA!

Likes (Received): 61

What's all this talk of Riots? Where anywhere in the US has there been anything that's come close to a riot? And furthermore why would anyone think that any of this was going to automatically escalate into a riot?
CubanBread no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #43
CubanBread
POW SUCKA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanBread
What's all this talk of Riots? Where anywhere in the US has there been anything that's come close to a riot? And furthermore why would anyone think that any of this was going to automatically escalate into a riot?
To clarify I mean since the Martin/ Zimmerman developed, where gas there been anything close to a riot
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #44
xerxesjc28

Likes (Received): 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanBread View Post
Because according to the right, angry blacks = riots.

Originally Posted by aceflamingo23:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1108
xerxesjc28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #45
Hia-leah JDM

Likes (Received): 4497

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpal3 View Post
I am from Jacksonville, Westside/Orange Park to be precise. I bet you only show your true nature here on this board and not to your neighbors!
You're ridiculous, when's the last time you were in Jacksonville? This town just elected it's first Democratic mayor in 20 years, the first black mayor in the city's history. Duval County was in play for Obama in 2008 where he lost by just 5k votes. It's just as much in play in 2012 for Obama. Jacksonville has changed amigo, my neighbors aren't morons.
Hia-leah JDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #46
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 12189

Quote:
Where anywhere in the US has there been anything that's come close to a riot?
Quote:
To clarify I mean since the Martin/ Zimmerman developed, where gas there been anything close to a riot
We just had a video clip of it provided by DesertPunk and I saw coverage of it on the local news here in Miami. I would say that is something close to a riot. Tensions are very high in the general population over this, particularly in Sanford where I have relatives.

My photo threads:

Last edited by QuantumX; March 30th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:51 AM   #47
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Trayvon Martin case: Screams on 911 tape aren’t George Zimmerman’s: experts

2 Forensic experts say screams captured on neighbor's 911 call don't match Zimmerman's voice: report

By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 10:06 AM
Updated: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 10:06 AM

The panicked cries for help caught on a 911 call the night Trayvon Martin was killed were not coming from shooter George Zimmerman, forensic experts say.

Two leading forensic voice identification experts who listened to a 911 call from a neighbor at the Sanford, Fla., gated community where Martin was gunned down told the Orlando Sentinel that the screams didn't match Zimmerman's voice.

Using sophisticated voice match software, Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, told the Sentinel that there was only a 48% chance that it was Zimmerman crying for help on the tape.

Usually, a positive match rates higher than 90%.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen said.

READ IT: FUNERAL DIRECTOR SAYS MARTIIN'S BODY SHOWED NO SIGN OF BRAWL
Owen, the former chief engineer for the New York Public Library's Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, also said he couldn't be sure that the voice was Martin's because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice.

But a second audio sleuth said he heard the teen screaming for his life.

"I believe that's Trayvon Martin in the background, without a doubt," Ed Primeau, an audio engineer and forensics expert from Michigan, told the Sentinel.

LISTEN TO AUDIO OF 911 CALL BELOW
Primeau didn't use Owen’s CSI-style voice analysis software, but instead relied on audio enhancement and his own well-trained ear to compare the screams to Zimmerman's voice on a 911 call he made shortly before the killing.

"That's a young man screaming," Primeau said.

THOUSANDS OF PROTESTERS MARCH THROUGH SANFORD TO CALL FOR ZIMMERMAN'S ARREST
The experts' analyses were the latest blow to claims from Zimmerman's camp that he shot Trayvon in self-defense during a life-and-death struggle on Feb. 26.

Last week, a Miami funeral director said Marin's body showed no signs of a brawl, and EMS documents obtained by the Daily News suggested the 28-year-old insurance agent didn't sustain any injuries either in the alleged dust-up.

Zimmerman's friends have said that the volunteer watchman suffered a broken nose and wounds on the back of his head during a fight with Trayvon.

But police station video shot shortly after the killing appeared to show Zimmerman without any bruises, cuts or blood stains on his clothes.

Zimmerman has not been arrested and has gone into hiding.

On Saturday, thousands of people marched through Sanford to protest his freedom.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1qqqSFEU9

My photo threads:

Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM   #48
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Likes (Received): 578

A colleague of mine and I were discussing this yesterday. More and more evidence that there was no struggle, no injuries on Zimmerman, the screaming wasn't Zimmerman's, just more and more things that do not match up with Zimmerman's story.
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM   #49
CubanBread
POW SUCKA!

I stand corrected fellas, looks like those riots you all predicted came true, cars set on fire, someone was shot! Lil confused as to why it happened in Lexington Kentucky though.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #50
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
I stand corrected fellas, looks like those riots you all predicted came true, cars set on fire, someone was shot! Lil confused as to why it happened in Lexington Kentucky though.
That was over a college basketball game. Anyway, I knew in this day and age that there was a way to tell who really made the screams on the 911 tape.

My photo threads:

Old April 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #51
CubanBread
POW SUCKA!

Sarcasm buddy, it was sarcasm
Old April 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #52
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Okay, if you say so, buddy!

My photo threads:

Old April 5th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #53
jzquince69
jimmy

Likes (Received): 545

I was in Sanford earlier in the week and spoke to people at the courthouse. all that's been going on is some people in the park over there downtown. anything reportedly more than that is the situation being blown out of proportion.

a black caucus or whatever in dc is proposing getting rid of the stand your ground law nationwide because of this.
jzquince69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #54
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzquince69 View Post
I was in Sanford earlier in the week and spoke to people at the courthouse. all that's been going on is some people in the park over there downtown. anything reportedly more than that is the situation being blown out of proportion.
That's good to hear. Tearing up the town certainly isn't going to do anybody any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Tensions are very high in the general population over this, particularly in Sanford where I have relatives.
Bear in mind that when I said this, my sources are my own family, two of whom are young male cousins around Trayvon Martin's age.

My photo threads:

Old April 10th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #55
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Seriously?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news..._zimmerman_web
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #56
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
Yes, but I said what I said March 30th. I don't know what things are like up there now.

My photo threads:

Old April 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #57
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

There seems to be much speculation that perhaps Zimmerman has fled the state...
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...n_martin_zimme
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #58
Dale

Likes (Received): 1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
There seems to be much speculation that perhaps Zimmerman has fled the state...
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...n_martin_zimme
Who can blame him ? The pitchfork-wielding mob has already tried and convicted him.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #59
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

The Miami Herald
Posted on Wed, Apr. 11, 2012

Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman to be charged today

Orlando Sentinel, File / AP Photo
FILE - This recent but undated file photo taken from the Orlando Sentinel's website shows George Zimmerman, according to the paper. Zimmerman is losing weight, suffering from high levels of stress and unable even to perform the simple task of buying a soda at a grocery store because of the intense public scrutiny he is under, his former lawyers say. Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to charge as early as today neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation, The Washington Post is reporting.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.
Corey has called for a news conference for 6 p.m. today.

Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/1...#storylink=cpy

My photo threads:

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #60
fredcalif

Likes (Received): 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Who can blame him ? The pitchfork-wielding mob has already tried and convicted him.
I agree with you.

I even think it was self defense. and he was attacked first by Marting.
I can't believe the mob have to dictate our rules specially with the Obamas and holder backing them up.
I will be willing to donate money for his defense

Obama can start saying good bye to Florida in november.
At least here in Arizona he will never win an election
fredcalif no está en línea   Reply With Quote