daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Highways and Bridges

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.94 average.
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #241
tankbund

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsayb View Post
Ya and its built by the INC..the BJP harps abt development in karnataka but it takes 3 yrs to complete small flyovers in bangalore..not one large road project has been planned in bangalore keeping in mind the future!
Dear Mr Srivatsa

I get the feeling that you are trying to infuse BJP/INC politics into this discussion. Kindly avoid that. Not healthy.

I fully agree with you that the HYD ORR has no parallel in India to the best of my knowledge. Also, note that B'lore land costs are higher for whatever reason and a project this size is more difficult to execute. In addition, Hyderabad has a more friendly terrain. In the end it comes down to proper planning and execution. No party politics please.

Regards
tankbund no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 25th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #242
srivatsayb

Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbund View Post
Dear Mr Srivatsa

I get the feeling that you are trying to infuse BJP/INC politics into this discussion. Kindly avoid that. Not healthy.

I fully agree with you that the HYD ORR has no parallel in India to the best of my knowledge. Also, note that B'lore land costs are higher for whatever reason and a project this size is more difficult to execute. In addition, Hyderabad has a more friendly terrain. In the end it comes down to proper planning and execution. No party politics please.

Regards
I agree but not entirely..not infusing politics but doing away with some notions..

Agreed, bangalore's terrain makes it more difficult for executing such a large project..Also, ppl here dont give up land so easily(cost i guess is and the same) ..but more than anything in india, we need will..BMIC being a private project has huge toll which is not practical for a inter city project...

when will the entire HYD ORR be ready? and are there speed limits imposed now?
srivatsayb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #243
Cosmicbliss

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
I agree but not entirely..not infusing politics but doing away with some notions..

Agreed, bangalore's terrain makes it more difficult for executing such a large project..Also, ppl here dont give up land so easily(cost i guess is and the same) ..but more than anything in india, we need will..BMIC being a private project has huge toll which is not practical for a inter city project...

when will the entire HYD ORR be ready? and are there speed limits imposed now?
Entire ORR will be ready (Govt of AP says) by 2012-end.
Cosmicbliss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #244
ygvjs2000

Likes (Received): 0

http://www.thehansindia.info/News/Ar...tentId=47111#/
City supercar lovers sharing passion on Facebook race ahead
Jaguars at outer ring road
People are often riveted by particular objects, though tastes differ. The object of attraction differs from person to person. Still, most city youngsters are driven towards expensive gadgets and posh cars. A rare car spotted on the road often triggers a debate on guessing its brand first among peers. At times, squabbles follow.

Hyderabad has a sizeable number of extreme car lovers in the country. The city is home to legions of expensive cars. An exclusive one, customised at DC Design, has been the pride of a Hyderabadi.
There city has seen many ardent fans of expensive cars, right from the days of the Nizams.

This car rage seems to be rooted among many Hyderabadis. This explains the reason why the most significant supercar paparazzi Facebook fan page in India is from Hyderabad.
“Super Cars, Exotics and Imports in Hyderabad” is one of the most liked pages on Facebook in Hyderabad.

The page was started on April 2011 by Kailash Rao, a final year student of Automobile Engineering, along with the co-admins Syed Ali Sufiyan Hussain and Shayan Hussain. At the moment, they have around 14,250 ‘likes’ and almost around 7,000 average hits from non-members across the internet.

A fair amount of likes are from owners of the supercars themselves -- curious folks wanting to see their rides being captured. The page provides a platform for supercar aficionados for showcasing and discussing the various supercars that are spotted in our city.

When the fan page was started in the city, there were only the big metros and supercar havens like Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore who had a supercar paparazzi fan page on Facebook. But now even smaller cities like Vishakhapatnam, Indore, Lucknow etc. have started having a supercar fan page of their own.

There are certain norms and conditions before to which one must adhere before posting a photo on the page. Registration numbers should be blanked out. Names or any personal details about the owner should not be mentioned on the page.

Only pictures clicked on public roads/showrooms could be shared. Due permission should be obtained from the owner or the authority concerned prior to posting a picture which has been clicked inside a private property.

This is to ensure the privacy of the owners and also to keep discussions at bay for the benefit of the page. Any post which does not adhere to the rules will be taken down. Apart from that, the usual set of etiquettes for an online forum must be followed.

The response is tremendous to this page and as a group they are growing at an unprecedented rate. For instance, our coverage of the Bugatti Veyron event in December last year went viral over Facebook, as the post had around 1500 likes and 3000 shares overnight. Most of the top automotive news portals had followed up with a link to the page about the event in the city.

“I am a regular on the various automotive forums which discuss the supercars in various cities across the country. I was getting all sorts of emails and messages on Facebook from people who were interested in automobiles, but could not get into the forums. People used to send in snaps of their supercar spotting, information about cars on a regular basis through email and also on Facebook.

So I thought why not start a fan page on Facebook so that we could provide people with a hassle free platform for ensuing a discussion about supercars, a simple like on Facebook and you are on the page,” says Kailash Rao, page owner.

“We have always been promoting safe driving since the day one. We do not promote pictures or videos in which cars or bikes are shown speeding or not adhering to the safety rules. Apart from these, Facebook is an amazing platform for such an activity.

It provides an easy, hassle-free experience to the user. Since it’s the largest social networking platform in the world, it gives us an easy chance to grow. Also, it gives an equal opportunity to all for learning/sharing their knowledge about supercars and for showcasing their pictures,” he adds.
ygvjs2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:39 PM   #245
nh9

Likes (Received): 80

image hosted on flickr

n20 liked this post
nh9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #246
HydGoodMan
Hyd Lovable City NOW

Likes (Received): 0

nice thread, good updates, any photos from ghatkesar ring area (east hyderabad)
HydGoodMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #247
anujkb
Man at work!

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rov09 View Post
Lane marking should have been proper and marking should have been done side by side to each other. Well its my own opinion.
it is side by side only. stand exactly facing perpendicular to the road. Then only you will come to know .
anujkb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #248
vvr

Likes (Received): 48

An outstanding infrastructure gift to the citizens of Hyderabad. From where I am sitting, it looks like a flawlessly executed project (notwithstanding complaints from some that lane markings are not propery aligned!). As a resident of Bangalore I envy them but wish them well and hope that they will be good custodians of this piece of civic property. It is also remarkable how this project has, for the most parts, delivered on its original vision and has done so without too much fanfare.

Quote:
Well said, my friend! It is hard to resist making observations about the political dispensation that has delivered such a significant public infrastructure project. After all there are literally thousands of comments on this forum about the "political puppets and bureaucratic bunglers" who fail to deliver. It is important to dispel the notion that only a certain party can deliver the goods when it comes to infrastructure development. To the gentleman who asked that we keep politics out of this, I would like to politely suggest that every little piece of infrastructure delivered by the CM of a certain western state is accompanied by a chorus elsewhere in this forum proclaiming him to be the savior of the nation!

A disclaimer -- I am apolitical (at least in the Indian context) and even squandered my right to vote here a few decades ago. But I am all for any political pursuasion that can deliver peace and prosperity (in that order) to all of our states and the nation as a whole.

Last edited by vvr; April 16th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
vvr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #249
nh9

Likes (Received): 80

Cross posting from Hyderabad projects thread !!!

image hosted on flickr

n20 liked this post
nh9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:04 AM   #250
Gudavalli

Likes (Received): 4404

Quote:
HYDERABAD: The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) will open the Outer Ring Road (ORR) stretch between Patancheru and Shamirpet to traffic in July. Since some land at Kandlakoya near Shamirpet is entangled in legal wrangles, a temporary diversion is being provided by the authorities.

"The diversion road (link road) works are almost complete and the ORR stretch between Patancheru and Shamirpet will be opened to the public in July," ORR project director V Samuel Anand Kumar told TOI on Thursday.

Sources said the works would be completed by this month end. If chief minister Kiran Kumar Reddy gives the green signal, it would be thrown open to public in July itself. The chief minister has already agreed for the diversion at Kandlakoya during a review meeting a couple of months ago.

Of the total 158 km ORR, the HMDA has already completed about 87 km and opened the stretches between Gachibowli to Shamshabad, Pedda Amberpet to Shamshabad and Narsingi to Patancheru (Phase I and Phase II-A) for public in the past three years. Another stretch Patancheru-Pedda Amberpet, part of phase-II-B, has been divided into six segments. Three packages come under Patancheru to Shamirpet which are being taken up with funding from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

Officials sources said of the three packages covering a distance of 38 kms, works on the stretch between Patancheru to Mallampet (11 km) and another between Mallampet to Dundigal (11.3 km) were supposed to be completed by January 2012. But that got delayed due to legal wrangles over the land acquisition at Mallampet. The third package from Dundigal to Shamirpet (15.7 km), too, is facing legal hurdles on land acquisition at Kandlakoya as the farmers approached the court against the land acquisition of 55 acres. The HMDA has planned an interchange at Kandlakoya.

"Since the land acquisition issue is still in the court, the authority has decided to make a diversion on an existing two-lane road and connect NH 7, which will again connect the ORR beyond Kandlakoya. As a result of temporary diversion, the distance will be increased by 3 km. But this will give a great relief to the commuters on Kukatpally-Balanagar road," a senior official of the HMDA said.
Gudavalli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM   #251
rov09
ILoveIndia

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh9 View Post

image hosted on flickr
how is it driving in the night there? I cant see any lights installed or cat eyes??
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:44 PM   #252
Cosmicbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh9 View Post

image hosted on flickr
I thought for a moment it was something in some other country.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #253
Manjunath kasigavi

Likes (Received): 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss View Post
don't be suprised for that
India has potential
Manjunath kasigavi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #254
shree711

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss

Really? I have seen other pics of Indian highways which feel like that. This one didn't for me.
shree711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #255
Cosmicbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree711 View Post
Really? I have seen other pics of Indian highways which feel like that. This one didn't for me.
Shree, which highways impressed you in India?
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #256
deepakhearthacker

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree711 View Post
oh really shree
deepakhearthacker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #257
kalkibhagwan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss View Post
ahh.. cant we get rid of this parroted line now?? moreover, the last pic is so dumb, the photo doesn't show the reality, would have loved to see it in colour Anyways, how's the work going on other stretches??
kalkibhagwan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #258
raghussc

Likes (Received): 283

Alright, the next stage is ready for rayyye rayyye .... Patancheru to Shamirpet 38km stretch is ready to be inaugurated .... kinda 75% ORR is complete ... 122km out of 158kms is done ...

The last section between Shamirpet and Pedda Amberpet is stuck in legal cases pertaining to land acquisitions ...

raghussc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #259
carzzz12

Likes (Received): 165

carzzz12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #260
kailash9999

Likes (Received): 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailash9999 View Post
Helipad at Nagarjuna Sagar Road - ORR Interchange !

Snaps of the same clicked by a friend

n20 liked this post
kailash9999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyderabad, orr, ring road

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: