daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation All about taking us higher

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:58 AM   #421
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 53

ohhh sorry my bad
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM   #422
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
How is my Croatian friend?

Hmm To be honest with you, people are saying that planes are pretty packed. On some days they have 90% of aircraft filled up, and fully sold out when weekends come. They started off with four weekly, and in a month they will add their fifth weekly flight. So far this month, they had to send double daily on a three different days. So I am eager to see the summer days come by and see what they do. That's why JAT is getting a 737-800NG to restart DXB with a newer airplane so their could compete. On top of that, Qatar is having some issues with turks letting their plane stop in Ankara, so we may see direct from DOHA. I think turks are not happy because they can't fill their second daily to BEG, and GULF carriers are here.
Good buddy,

already seeing a lot of tourists here in ZG for the beggining of the summer season. Going to hit the coast soon, open up the summer residence.

We're also awaiting Qatar Airways which will start operations on May 9th, I'll keep you informed on how they do. I think Belgrade, and FlyDubai are a good indicator on how things will work here, let's wait, and see.

I don't think Turkey will do Qatar any favors when it comes to competing at the same market so yes you guys have a good chance of a direct Doha flight.

Already saw that JAT will get two 738 airframes, it's been long over due for an upgrade. Who are they leasing them from ? Hopefully they will find a way to modernize the whole fleet, especially with the price of jet fuel these days.

We also have some upgrades with Croatia Airlines, they started refitting they're interiors with the new ultra slim seats Lufthansa is also using which is a step in the right direction. The new airport in ZG is also a go with all the paper work, and agreements signed, building should start this year for the new 5 million pax terminal which should be interesting. Would be nice to see a JAT service at the new airport in the future.

About EK flying to Belgrade that's a tough one to call. We're following EK very closely, and they're focusing mainly on the bigger destination they havn't served yet. We know there are going to be more North American destinations, and I think the Scandanavian countries in Europe will be they're next logical choice. Let's not forget about them adding more flights to existing destinations aswel. The 380 wing problems are also taking up to five/six airframes out of service due to inspections/repairs, and that could still last another few months. The positive side is EK will recieve about 90 new airframes in the next three years, and they need to fly them somewhere. So if Belgrades numbers add up I don't see why they wouldn't fly there.

Any way take care.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:53 AM   #423
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 497

^Yeah very well put. EK will start BEG as soon as FZ start serving BEG on a daily basis. That's because Emirates would not want to grab their slack, and at the same time, Emirates got a bigger fish to fry. As you may have noticed, they are going after 10M+ airports such as Lisabon and so on. Give them a few years, and you will see them in BEG. We may see FZ going daily as early as this fall.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #424
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Btw, looks like Serbia is richer for one more airport. Morava airport should be completed by the end of April. It will cater to the region in dark blue colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Реконструкција Аеродрома „Морава“ у Лађевцима

Last edited by YU-AMC; May 2nd, 2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #425
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post

Already saw that JAT will get two 738 airframes, it's been long over due for an upgrade. Who are they leasing them from ?

I am not too sure, but than again, it could be pre-election propaganda. We will see in about a month. Anyhow, I am looking forward to traffic number for April. It was a wild month for everyone in BEG.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #426
Nikola10

amazing
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #427
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola10 View Post
amazing
Yeah and Jat airways to serve Istanbul from that airport as early as June 2012. Montenegro to Podgorica could be on the cards as well, as well as some charters to Greek/Turkish sea side.
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #428
Nikola10

yes i've heard
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #429
Nikola10

i just wanna hope that finnair to come to belgrade
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #430
Nikola10

Jat from Kraljevo to Istanbul this June

Serbia’s national carrier Jat Airways will launch a two weekly service from the country’s newest airport in Kraljevo to Istanbul. Services will be inaugurated this June twice per week, every Wednesday and Friday, with the 66 seat ATR72. The airline has said it has made such a decision due to strong interest. Tickets for the new service will be on sale from next month. It has long been tipped that Istanbul will be the first city to be served from Morava Airport in Kraljevo since the Turkish government also invested into the construction of the new airport.

The routing of the new service will be Belgrade - Istanbul - Kraljevo - Istanbul - Belgrade. It is believed the route can be successful as Kraljevo is located in the Raška District and is close to the town of Novi Pazar, which has a significant Bosniak and Muslim population with close ties to Turkey. Previously, many in the region opted to fly to Istanbul out of Priština.

Jat’s announcement yesterday that it will launch flights from Kraljevo generated significant media coverage. Work on the construction of Morava Airport’s terminal is entering its final phase with work to be completed by the end of next month. Soon after the extension of the airport’s runway will begin so in the future it can handle larger aircraft such as the Boeing 737. Such construction work will not affect incoming traffic. Jat Airways operated a promotional service from Belgrade to Kraljevo on October 5, 2011 with an ATR72.
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #431
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Good news!
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #432
Nikola10

New investments planned

Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport marked its fiftieth anniversary over the weekend since it opened its doors on April 28, 1962. The airport was opened after four years of construction and replaced what was known as the Dojno polje Airport, which was not too far away from the current airport sight. Later on, a second terminal was built to deal with the big increase in passenger numbers. In the 1980s plans were made for the airport’s development until 2010. However, the plan did not foresee the breakup of Yugoslavia. It outlined the construction of a third terminal and a second parallel runway.

Today, Belgrade Airport is the busiest in the former Yugoslavia. It predicts 2012 will be its best year on record. The airport is currently in the middle of an expansion project, however, further investment is planned. The largest ground handling company in the aviation industry, Siwssport International, has announced it will soon begin work at Belgrade Airport. The company will take over ground handling for several airlines which have requested their services. The company projects that it will employ some 150 people in Serbia. A total of 52 million euros will be invested into Serbia’s busiest hub according to the airport within the next three years.

In 2011, Belgrade Airport handled 3.124.633 passengers making it its third best year on record. This summer the airport will see Norwegian Air Shuttle, Qatar Airways, Croatia Airlines and Air One launch new flights. Below you can view Belgrade Airport’s five most successful years since opening its doors in 1962
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:14 AM   #433
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Btw Jat Airways is reporting 20% boost for the Month of April, so I am expecting nice traffic numbers for BEG.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:41 AM   #434
Nikola10

ok JAT is fine right but i need to know how thing going with wizzair (my favorite lowcost) from belgrade
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #435
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

still double digit growth

Quote:

BEG April 2011. 240.282

BEG April 2012. 267.354

+11%!
13% from Jan-April!
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #436
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Old May 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #437
Equario
TerAzure

Likes (Received): 7930

What is the name of design bureau that designed Morava Airport?

It's look very similar with Lviv International new terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shulc View Post
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #438
Nikola10

thanks yu amc for the wizz air update
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #439
Flyer-Katanic

Likes (Received): 1

I just read this entire post and decided to join the web form.

I'm about to start my training with Emirates on the Boeing777 long haul at the end of May. I did my training at Prince Aviation in Belgrade, yes I am Serbian and I used to live in Toronto (Richmond hill, YU-AMC you know where this is) before I moved to Belgrade for the training.

Nikola Tesla Airport is by far to me the most exciting airport to visit, thus being because every time I visit there is something new and improved! I returned last month with FlyDubai and the service was great, the Captain was telling me how Nikola Tesla airport will one day become a BIG connection route for most people in Europe taking connecting flights to Africa and the Middle-East.

Next time I visit I will be sure to take a few photos and upload to the form.

Have a great day !

Last edited by Flyer-Katanic; May 4th, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Flyer-Katanic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #440
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
What is the name of design bureau that designed Morava Airport?

It's look very similar with Lviv International new terminal.

I am not quite sure, but I will ask in our forum.

Tags
belgrade