daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 304 votes, 4.96 average.
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #5401
Ramesh-NTM
Registered User
 
Ramesh-NTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Natham | Chennai
Posts: 518
Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmanan87 View Post
Nope it is diverted via Thuraipakkam because Velachery to pallikaranai road was blocked due garbage smoke...... almost all the buses from velachery to tambaram has been diverted yesterday.... now every thing is under control so from today you can see buses plying between velachery pallikaranai road

Thanks,
Lakshman.
Thanks for the info. MN depot has only M15 coming towards OMR from Adyar & when I spotted a MN depot M15 going towards Perungudi from SRP Tools, I was wondering if I wrongly assumed it to be M15 instead of some new route from MN depot towards OMR. I was explaining one of my friends who is also bit interested in bus fanning & this V21, M15 have made me embarrassed in front of him yesterday.

Thanks once again
Ramesh
__________________
TNSTC
Ramesh-NTM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #5402
Lakshmanan87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh-NTM View Post
Thanks for the info. MN depot has only M15 coming towards OMR from Adyar & when I spotted a MN depot M15 going towards Perungudi from SRP Tools, I was wondering if I wrongly assumed it to be M15 instead of some new route from MN depot towards OMR. I was explaining one of my friends who is also bit interested in bus fanning & this V21, M15 have made me embarrassed in front of him yesterday.

Thanks once again
Ramesh
NO still buses are diverted via Thuraipakkam....Saw all the buses today @ Thuriapakkam junction.... Almost all A21 buses are empty bec of this diversion....M21,5A,51B,D51,E51 etc...
Lakshmanan87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #5403
lordvijay
Registered User
 
lordvijay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 161
Likes (Received): 0

Just saw a fb update by CTP that vehicles are still being diverted because of smoke issues.
lordvijay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #5404
ramsrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 262
Likes (Received): 24

MTC is becoming worst now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_thapalathy View Post
As if buses were well maintained and punctual in the previous DMK government???? MTC is far better now...
See the condition of MTC now. When compare to previous DMK government MTC has become too worst now.
1. At present when we entering into an MTC bus some of the sitting chairs are missing in the buses. In that space it looks empty.

2. Above the window the glasses are missing. I seen this in so many buses. Buses are plying without glass are in more numbers.

3.All the buses painted same color. There is an difficulty to find out an Ordinary buses, Express and Deluxe.

4. The automatic doors in the buses are removing now. In that places one iron rod is introduced like train. Some of the AVI depo buses i seen. This will leads an youths standing in an staircases while travelling leads to accidents.

So here after Mr.dr_thapalathy don't say MTC is better now.
ramsrr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #5405
ramsrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 262
Likes (Received): 24

Nolambur going to gets 3 new bus routes:

1. Nolambur to Thiruvanmiyur in 147series
2. Nolambur to Broadway
3. Nolambur to Triplicane

These buses are waiting in depo for CM inauguration function.....
ramsrr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #5406
chennaidetroit
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
See the condition of MTC now. When compare to previous DMK government MTC has become too worst now.
1. At present when we entering into an MTC bus some of the sitting chairs are missing in the buses. In that space it looks empty.

2. Above the window the glasses are missing. I seen this in so many buses. Buses are plying without glass are in more numbers.

3.All the buses painted same color. There is an difficulty to find out an Ordinary buses, Express and Deluxe.

4. The automatic doors in the buses are removing now. In that places one iron rod is introduced like train. Some of the AVI depo buses i seen. This will leads an youths standing in an staircases while travelling leads to accidents.

So here after Mr.dr_thapalathy don't say MTC is better now.
But do you think we deserve better buses, we are just people who pee at any place and through trash at any place. We don't have any respect for public property or place then why should we ask for a better public transport. I think what we have is the more than what we deserve. All we deserve is only a lorry.So be happy with what you have because you deserve worse.
chennaidetroit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #5407
Aerodrome
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 95
Likes (Received): 24

Deleted

Last edited by Aerodrome; June 10th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Aerodrome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5408
Lakshmanan87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 11

Less Crowd in 66S

It seems 66S doesnt get that much Crowd as like A21....

Thanks,
Lakshman.
Lakshmanan87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #5409
Sathisht77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 487
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaidetroit View Post
But do you think we deserve better buses, we are just people who pee at any place and through trash at any place. We don't have any respect for public property or place then why should we ask for a better public transport. I think what we have is the more than what we deserve. All we deserve is only a lorry.So be happy with what you have because you deserve worse.
Brilliant..Naataamai..seriyaana theerpu
Sathisht77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #5410
Shan_Sara
Shan_Sara
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
See the condition of MTC now. When compare to previous DMK government MTC has become too worst now.
1. At present when we entering into an MTC bus some of the sitting chairs are missing in the buses. In that space it looks empty.

2. Above the window the glasses are missing. I seen this in so many buses. Buses are plying without glass are in more numbers.

3.All the buses painted same color. There is an difficulty to find out an Ordinary buses, Express and Deluxe.

4. The automatic doors in the buses are removing now. In that places one iron rod is introduced like train. Some of the AVI depo buses i seen. This will leads an youths standing in an staircases while travelling leads to accidents.

So here after Mr.dr_thapalathy don't say MTC is better now.
Only a fraction or less of the total fleet has above mentioned faulties. Please mention in which routes these things are faced.
Shan_Sara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #5411
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city
 
rejagiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: salem
Posts: 1,905
Likes (Received): 1387

Advanced Machineries for Transport Research center at Gumudipoondi



Tamil Nadu state Govt allotted 15crore for modernization of Gumudupoondi Drivers training school in International standards for that Govt taken steps to import foreign machines & training will be in foreign standards for that our license will accept by foreign countries .These training center have library facility,Hostel facility,Computerized training center etc.
__________________
__________________
Tnstc Salem route details
Rajesh picasa-1
rejagiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5412
mr_madras
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai/Dubai
Posts: 1,568
Likes (Received): 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
Nolambur going to gets 3 new bus routes:

1. Nolambur to Thiruvanmiyur in 147series
2. Nolambur to Broadway
3. Nolambur to Triplicane

These buses are waiting in depo for CM inauguration function.....
Great news but it seems just extension of 147B, 7M & 27L. hope these are additional buses to existing one and atleast there should be 30min freq.
MTC can try new route to V.House via gemini,royapettai &
Mandaiveli via gemini,cathedral road
mr_madras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #5413
chennaidetroit
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan_Sara View Post
Only a fraction or less of the total fleet has above mentioned faulties. Please mention in which routes these things are faced.
This is the attitude that is good for us, be happy with what we get.
chennaidetroit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #5414
dr_thapalathy
Registered User
 
dr_thapalathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Puducherry
Posts: 2,608
Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
See the condition of MTC now. When compare to previous DMK government MTC has become too worst now.
1. At present when we entering into an MTC bus some of the sitting chairs are missing in the buses. In that space it looks empty.

2. Above the window the glasses are missing. I seen this in so many buses. Buses are plying without glass are in more numbers.

3.All the buses painted same color. There is an difficulty to find out an Ordinary buses, Express and Deluxe.

4. The automatic doors in the buses are removing now. In that places one iron rod is introduced like train. Some of the AVI depo buses i seen. This will leads an youths standing in an staircases while travelling leads to accidents.

So here after Mr.dr_thapalathy don't say MTC is better now.

But see the operational efficiency of MTC buses. Lesser no of old buses are now taking rest at depots. Also, in the Central and southern Chennai, i dont see any kind of problems you mentioned. For the past 3 weeks, i m regular user of Rs 50 One day pass and have travelled the entire South Chennai.
__________________
Please Visit
My Website
My Blog
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #5415
krishnaswamy
Krishna
 
krishnaswamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chennai/Thanjavur
Posts: 11,008
Likes (Received): 3727

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejagiri View Post
Tamil Nadu state Govt allotted 15crore for modernization of Gumudupoondi Drivers training school in International standards for that Govt taken steps to import foreign machines & training will be in foreign standards for that our license will accept by foreign countries .These training center have library facility,Hostel facility,Computerized training center etc.
__________________
1 important thing... Running hours for the buses to be revisited. It is a must.
poor crew caught in between city traffic and manager's angry. the timings are not revisited for a very long time.
__________________
Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat - ஒரே பாரதம் உன்னத பாரதம்! - Narendra Modi
krishnaswamy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #5416
Shan_Sara
Shan_Sara
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaidetroit View Post
This is the attitude that is good for us, be happy with what we get.
This is not attitutude ,it is fact .Thera are buses with what you have mentioned ,but only a lesser numbers ,may be 100-200 out of 3500 buses .I am a regular user of MTC ,FYKI.
Shan_Sara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #5417
iniyachennai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 143
Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan_Sara View Post
This is not attitutude ,it is fact .Thera are buses with what you have mentioned ,but only a lesser numbers ,may be 100-200 out of 3500 buses .I am a regular user of MTC ,FYKI.
The condition and the look of all buses which are repainted looks like metal boxes.

No modernization of buses under Jaya and all the new buses introduced the interiors look like the old buses of 1994 with wooden seats.

No news on A/c buses we are the only city in India moving in Backwards in design and looks of Buses.
iniyachennai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #5418
Vicvin86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greatest Tamil City Ever!!
Posts: 6,732
Likes (Received): 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by iniyachennai View Post
The condition and the look of all buses which are repainted looks like metal boxes.

No modernization of buses under Jaya and all the new buses introduced the interiors look like the old buses of 1994 with wooden seats.

No news on A/c buses we are the only city in India moving in Backwards in design and looks of Buses.
Any why buses should look good? Wooden seats?
__________________
Youtube One Channel
Vicvin86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #5419
natarajan1986
social member
 
natarajan1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,634
Likes (Received): 792

with fare rise which made equivalent to private fares and there is nothing wrong in expecting good service.SETC is charging like private travels with facilities which sucks and still they charge like private.
I usually use setc which are well maintained and low cost but now after price raise i prefer to travel by private which cost the same but i can have semi sleeper
natarajan1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #5420
krishnaswamy
Krishna
 
krishnaswamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chennai/Thanjavur
Posts: 11,008
Likes (Received): 3727

When JJ increased bus fare, i hope that additional revenue will be used in a good manner.
the hike was too steap. It helped lot of private bus owners.
intention of fare raise was killed by 2nd level bureaucrats, manguni minister.
During DMK period, i was there and i know how those buses are poorly maintained.
DMK govt procured new buses using JNNURM scheme and that is why people are thinking that new buses are good. but due to poor maintenance, they became "dubba" bus in next 6 months.
+ve points:
1. Bus fare hike. This will bail out TNSTC/SETC losses if the revenues are used efficiently.
2. Online booking, so easy accessibility.
3. Good network throughout TN. one can reach Tirunelveli to CBE even in midnight. or Tirunelveli to Bangalore.
-ves:
1. but no of buses are sufficient?
2. Even if they are sufficient, are they operated efficiently to meet the demands? people who are more frequent to CMBT or CBE bus stand or TPJ bus stand during weekends can tell us
3. Instead of sitting idle on the past glory of "vast network", the oppicers need to address the quality of operation also.
__________________
Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat - ஒரே பாரதம் உன்னத பாரதம்! - Narendra Modi
krishnaswamy no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu