daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 304 votes, 4.96 average.
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #5401
Ramesh-NTM

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmanan87 View Post
Nope it is diverted via Thuraipakkam because Velachery to pallikaranai road was blocked due garbage smoke...... almost all the buses from velachery to tambaram has been diverted yesterday.... now every thing is under control so from today you can see buses plying between velachery pallikaranai road

Thanks,
Lakshman.
Thanks for the info. MN depot has only M15 coming towards OMR from Adyar & when I spotted a MN depot M15 going towards Perungudi from SRP Tools, I was wondering if I wrongly assumed it to be M15 instead of some new route from MN depot towards OMR. I was explaining one of my friends who is also bit interested in bus fanning & this V21, M15 have made me embarrassed in front of him yesterday.

Thanks once again
Ramesh

Sponsored Links

Old June 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #5402
Lakshmanan87

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh-NTM View Post
Thanks for the info. MN depot has only M15 coming towards OMR from Adyar & when I spotted a MN depot M15 going towards Perungudi from SRP Tools, I was wondering if I wrongly assumed it to be M15 instead of some new route from MN depot towards OMR. I was explaining one of my friends who is also bit interested in bus fanning & this V21, M15 have made me embarrassed in front of him yesterday.

Thanks once again
Ramesh
NO still buses are diverted via Thuraipakkam....Saw all the buses today @ Thuriapakkam junction.... Almost all A21 buses are empty bec of this diversion....M21,5A,51B,D51,E51 etc...
Lakshmanan87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #5403
lordvijay

Likes (Received): 0

Just saw a fb update by CTP that vehicles are still being diverted because of smoke issues.
lordvijay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #5404
ramsrr

Likes (Received): 24

MTC is becoming worst now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_thapalathy View Post
As if buses were well maintained and punctual in the previous DMK government???? MTC is far better now...
See the condition of MTC now. When compare to previous DMK government MTC has become too worst now.
1. At present when we entering into an MTC bus some of the sitting chairs are missing in the buses. In that space it looks empty.

2. Above the window the glasses are missing. I seen this in so many buses. Buses are plying without glass are in more numbers.

3.All the buses painted same color. There is an difficulty to find out an Ordinary buses, Express and Deluxe.

4. The automatic doors in the buses are removing now. In that places one iron rod is introduced like train. Some of the AVI depo buses i seen. This will leads an youths standing in an staircases while travelling leads to accidents.

So here after Mr.dr_thapalathy don't say MTC is better now.
ramsrr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #5405
ramsrr

Nolambur going to gets 3 new bus routes:

1. Nolambur to Thiruvanmiyur in 147series
2. Nolambur to Broadway
3. Nolambur to Triplicane

These buses are waiting in depo for CM inauguration function.....
ramsrr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #5406
chennaidetroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
See the condition of MTC now. When compare to previous DMK government MTC has become too worst now.
1. At present when we entering into an MTC bus some of the sitting chairs are missing in the buses. In that space it looks empty.

2. Above the window the glasses are missing. I seen this in so many buses. Buses are plying without glass are in more numbers.

3.All the buses painted same color. There is an difficulty to find out an Ordinary buses, Express and Deluxe.

4. The automatic doors in the buses are removing now. In that places one iron rod is introduced like train. Some of the AVI depo buses i seen. This will leads an youths standing in an staircases while travelling leads to accidents.

But do you think we deserve better buses, we are just people who pee at any place and through trash at any place. We don't have any respect for public property or place then why should we ask for a better public transport. I think what we have is the more than what we deserve. All we deserve is only a lorry.So be happy with what you have because you deserve worse.
chennaidetroit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #5407
Aerodrome

Deleted

Last edited by Aerodrome; June 10th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Aerodrome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5408
Lakshmanan87

Likes (Received): 11

Less Crowd in 66S

It seems 66S doesnt get that much Crowd as like A21....

Thanks,
Lakshman.
Lakshmanan87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #5409
Sathisht77

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaidetroit View Post
But do you think we deserve better buses, we are just people who pee at any place and through trash at any place. We don't have any respect for public property or place then why should we ask for a better public transport. I think what we have is the more than what we deserve. All we deserve is only a lorry.So be happy with what you have because you deserve worse.
Brilliant..Naataamai..seriyaana theerpu
Sathisht77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #5410
Shan_Sara
Shan_Sara

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:

Only a fraction or less of the total fleet has above mentioned faulties. Please mention in which routes these things are faced.
Shan_Sara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #5411
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city

Likes (Received): 1387

Advanced Machineries for Transport Research center at Gumudipoondi

Tamil Nadu state Govt allotted 15crore for modernization of Gumudupoondi Drivers training school in International standards for that Govt taken steps to import foreign machines & training will be in foreign standards for that our license will accept by foreign countries .These training center have library facility,Hostel facility,Computerized training center etc.
rejagiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5412
mr_madras

Likes (Received): 792

Quote:
Nolambur going to gets 3 new bus routes:

1. Nolambur to Thiruvanmiyur in 147series
2. Nolambur to Broadway
3. Nolambur to Triplicane

These buses are waiting in depo for CM inauguration function.....
Great news but it seems just extension of 147B, 7M & 27L. hope these are additional buses to existing one and atleast there should be 30min freq.
MTC can try new route to V.House via gemini,royapettai &
Mandaiveli via gemini,cathedral road
mr_madras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #5413
chennaidetroit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan_Sara View Post
Only a fraction or less of the total fleet has above mentioned faulties. Please mention in which routes these things are faced.
This is the attitude that is good for us, be happy with what we get.
chennaidetroit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #5414
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:

But see the operational efficiency of MTC buses. Lesser no of old buses are now taking rest at depots. Also, in the Central and southern Chennai, i dont see any kind of problems you mentioned. For the past 3 weeks, i m regular user of Rs 50 One day pass and have travelled the entire South Chennai.
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #5415
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Likes (Received): 3727

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejagiri View Post
Tamil Nadu state Govt allotted 15crore for modernization of Gumudupoondi Drivers training school in International standards for that Govt taken steps to import foreign machines & training will be in foreign standards for that our license will accept by foreign countries .These training center have library facility,Hostel facility,Computerized training center etc.
Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat - ஒரே பாரதம் உன்னத பாரதம்! - Narendra Modi
krishnaswamy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #5416
Shan_Sara
Shan_Sara

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaidetroit View Post
This is the attitude that is good for us, be happy with what we get.
This is not attitutude ,it is fact .Thera are buses with what you have mentioned ,but only a lesser numbers ,may be 100-200 out of 3500 buses .I am a regular user of MTC ,FYKI.
Shan_Sara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #5417
iniyachennai

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan_Sara View Post
This is not attitutude ,it is fact .Thera are buses with what you have mentioned ,but only a lesser numbers ,may be 100-200 out of 3500 buses .I am a regular user of MTC ,FYKI.
The condition and the look of all buses which are repainted looks like metal boxes.

No modernization of buses under Jaya and all the new buses introduced the interiors look like the old buses of 1994 with wooden seats.

No news on A/c buses we are the only city in India moving in Backwards in design and looks of Buses.
iniyachennai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #5418
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by iniyachennai View Post
The condition and the look of all buses which are repainted looks like metal boxes.

No modernization of buses under Jaya and all the new buses introduced the interiors look like the old buses of 1994 with wooden seats.

No news on A/c buses we are the only city in India moving in Backwards in design and looks of Buses.
Any why buses should look good? Wooden seats?
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #5419
natarajan1986
social member

Likes (Received): 792

with fare rise which made equivalent to private fares and there is nothing wrong in expecting good service.SETC is charging like private travels with facilities which sucks and still they charge like private.
I usually use setc which are well maintained and low cost but now after price raise i prefer to travel by private which cost the same but i can have semi sleeper
natarajan1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #5420
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Likes (Received): 3727

When JJ increased bus fare, i hope that additional revenue will be used in a good manner.
the hike was too steap. It helped lot of private bus owners.
intention of fare raise was killed by 2nd level bureaucrats, manguni minister.
During DMK period, i was there and i know how those buses are poorly maintained.
DMK govt procured new buses using JNNURM scheme and that is why people are thinking that new buses are good. but due to poor maintenance, they became "dubba" bus in next 6 months.
+ve points:
1. Bus fare hike. This will bail out TNSTC/SETC losses if the revenues are used efficiently.
2. Online booking, so easy accessibility.
3. Good network throughout TN. one can reach Tirunelveli to CBE even in midnight. or Tirunelveli to Bangalore.
-ves:
1. but no of buses are sufficient?
2. Even if they are sufficient, are they operated efficiently to meet the demands? people who are more frequent to CMBT or CBE bus stand or TPJ bus stand during weekends can tell us
3. Instead of sitting idle on the past glory of "vast network", the oppicers need to address the quality of operation also.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: