daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Old June 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1021
OmarPERU

Likes (Received): 1

swimming pools and gyms in 3 different levels if I recall well. The outdoor/indoor pool looks very nice. what about handover?

Sponsored Links

Old June 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #1022
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 236

Its already handed over , people are living there so it would be good to move to COMPLETED section
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #1023
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1199

wow looks very nice
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1024
Action11

Likes (Received): 0

Agreed, but you left out the resident parking

[QUOTE=Imre;92269631]11/June/2012

23 Marina , already handed over , people living there

Anyway , not good location, very bad access , no visitor car park, rude security , common areas still mess , still many workers there etc...Apartment finishing is good , great pools and podium area, huge lobby but still not finished.

--------------------------------------------

I have visited this building a few times and now have a friend who lives there. The finishings are good and the indoor pool is extremely nice. For me, the deal breaker is the parking situation. When you come home and park in the garage, you take the elevator up. But instead of going all the way up, you have to exit the elevator, walk through the lobby (and pass 1000 nosy security guards) and finally catch ANOTHER elevator to your floor. Completely unacceptable! And if you have female visitors, stand by to be ogled. It's as if the parking was an after thought.
Action11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1025
PrincessTower
Tallest Block Resident

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action11 View Post

I have visited this building a few times and now have a friend who lives there. The finishings are good and the indoor pool is extremely nice. For me, the deal breaker is the parking situation. When you come home and park in the garage, you take the elevator up. But instead of going all the way up, you have to exit the elevator, walk through the lobby (and pass 1000 nosy security guards) and finally catch ANOTHER elevator to your floor. Completely unacceptable! And if you have female visitors, stand by to be ogled. It's as if the parking was an after thought.
same system in Princess Tower. Not a matter of after thought, but architectural constraint in such a high building apparently. they were very well aware this is suboptimal, but had to comprimise for another reason.
PrincessTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #1026
Burj Khalifa fan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 93

6-8-2012
23 Marina

Burj Khalifa fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1027
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 70

Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1028
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 152

Another empty penthouse!

There are none so blind as those who won't see.

Last edited by True Blue; August 8th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #1029
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Not many can afford a large penthouse with such good views these days.
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1030
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Steve View Post
Not many can afford a large penthouse with such good views these days.
Yeah! Not many want to be burdened with the ridiculous maintenance fees every year. Let's assume 4000ft at 15AED = £10,000 per year For the same rent/purchase price you are better with a canal cove 4 bed with garden and bigger pool. Maintenance will be a fraction leaving you with plenty of spending money for goodies and no fire alarms to worry you

Steve, let's remember this is Dubai and not the centre of New York or London. Penthouses are proving to be unsustainable, good views or not! I already warned you the tallest block would become a massive white elephant

Last edited by True Blue; August 9th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1031
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

I agree the maintenance charges for penthouses would be ridiculous.

However on your other point, the tallest block is proving very popular with very high occupation rates in the completed towers. Rents are fairing well for the relatively better quality towers (especially for those with marina views), despite the number of units. On height issue, I get the impression that rental price peeks at around floor 35 to 40 and does not increase after that, besides the very top (non penthouse) ones perhaps.
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1032
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
I agree the maintenance charges for penthouses would be ridiculous.

However on your other point, the tallest block is proving very popular with very high occupation rates in the completed towers. Rents are fairing well for the relatively better quality towers (especially for those with marina views), despite the number of units. On height issue, I get the impression that rental price peeks at around floor 35 to 40 and does not increase after that, besides the very top (non penthouse) ones perhaps.
Utter rubbish! There are thousands of unrentable apartments in the tallest block that have no views. So in general there is views from 1 elevation only in the building, the other 75% of the building is rented at such low rates it barely covers the maintenance. You can pick up 3 beds in tallest block for the same rate as 1 bed in Jewels, go figure!

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #1033
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

You are probably picking out just rents of the lower quality ones like marina pinnacle, skewing data to fit your pre formed opinion. Average quality towers like Torch is over 80% occupancy for example. Rental for 2 bed marina facing (on the higher floors only) is now around 110k to 120k.
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1034
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
You are probably picking out just rents of the lower quality ones like marina pinnacle, skewing data to fit your pre formed opinion. Average quality towers like Torch is over 80% occupancy for example. Rental for 2 bed marina facing (on the higher floors only) is now around 110k to 120k.
Torch 80% occupancy? You are deluded. I heard still many units not handed over!

High floor Torch 3 bed asking only 130k with full sea view;
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...9tc19fbHRlPQ==

You say that the best/highest 2 beds in Torch are achieving 120k, or put another way, they are struggling to achieve the same as an 8th floor unit in Dorrabay. you also concede that the best price is only relevant to high floor / marina facing, which is a VERY LOW percentage of the apartments in the building, therefore it is you who is skewing data!

Look at rentals in Sulafa tower, they are rubbish to. Marina Pinnacle, rubbish. Marina Crown, rubbish. Ocean Heights non sea view, rubbish. Princess Tower and Elite residence are now coming to the market, 75% of the apartment rates will be rubbish. They can ask what they like but who will rent them?

On topic, Marina 23, 2,200ft 3 bed flat on high floor for rent at 150k, the price is RUBBISH! The owner is probably pig sick he bought it!

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...9tc19fbHRlPQ==

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #1035
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Torch 80% occupancy? You are deluded. I heard still many units not handed over!
Yes 20% not handed over

Agree 3 beds are not a good idea for ROI especially in a tall block. High Times was wrong about that from the start. Tall block tend to attract singles or young couple not large families. Although you picked the lowest priced one that needs to be rented quickly to skew the data in your favour slightly.

Last edited by Dubai_Steve; August 9th, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1036
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
Yes 20% not handed over
Now factor in the 500+ ads for rentals in the Torch and ask yourself where did your "over 80% occupancy" come from?

You are on your own trying to promote the tallest block as the Pinnacle of living. The appeal is clearly not there when the AVERAGE rate is less than the AVERAGE rate for the rest of the marina true waterfront living developments.

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1037
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Now factor in the 500+ ads for rentals in the Torch and ask yourself where did your "over 80% occupancy" come from?
Are you skewing data again TB? There are only around 30 (non double entry) listings for rent in the Torch and many of those will be just ones looking for new tenant for their 2nd year rental as handover was exactly 1 year ago now for most. One of the adds is mine.
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1038
True Blue
Born Again

I'm not skewing anything, I stated "factor in the 547 ads". That is the number of ads that Dubizzle alone throws up. I do accept that there is double entries and spurious ads which may reduce the amount of apartments considerably, but as low as 5%? Don't think so! Especially when you consider that there will be units available that are not on Dubizzle.

Interesting to learn that your unit is empty, you are learning the hard way about market forces. I have had little void periods over the 4 years of rentals. Maybe I know my stuff

Old August 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #1039
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

No way there are 547 torch units for rent about 30 tops, including the 3 beds.

I have a tenant now but the advert is still showing. About 2 void weeks between tenants due to problems with DEWA/Ejari regulations.
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #1040
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:
No way there are 547 torch units for rent about 30 tops, including the 3 beds.

I have a tenant now but the advert is still showing. About 2 void weeks between tenants due to problems with DEWA/Ejari regulations.
I know you well enough to take everything you state with a large pinch of salt

2 weeks void period just is not believable when I know how long it takes to march out the old tenant, sort the place back up, start the viewings, get the offers, do the negotiations, sort paperwork out, raise the cheque and prep the apartment for the new tenant. Then there is all the competition when there are tons of 2 bed deals in the Torch like this "Fully furnished 2 bed for only 100k" from your favourite agent Exclusive Links
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...Jvb21zX19sdGU9

And you say the only complication was DEWA, but if you say so

Tags
dubai, dubai marina