daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What company do you prefer to develop Mactan-Cebu Int'l Airport?
First Pacific’s Metro Pacific Investments Corp. and Gokongwei-led JG Summit Holdings Inc. 62 20.88%
Aboitiz Land Inc. 73 24.58%
Gotianun-led Filinvest Development Corp. and Filinvest Land Inc. 51 17.17%
San Miguel Corp. 75 25.25%
Lucio Tan-led Macroasia Corp. 15 5.05%
Prime Power Holdings Corp. 4 1.35%
Megawide 14 4.71%
GMR Infrastructure 18 6.06%
Lopez-led First Philippine Holdings Corp. 15 5.05%
Premier Airport Group through Sy-led SM Investments Corp. 36 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #7381
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play

Likes (Received): 1027

Sweet naman...Yong Kah Ling (kaling), in Cebuano means, dried anchovies...

Sponsored Links

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #7382
Fraulein

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
Sweet naman...Yong Kah Ling (kaling), in Cebuano means, dried anchovies...
This was shot in Cebu I think. Pagbaba nila siguro.

My travel blog: http://thesimplertraveler.blogspot.com/
More Fun in the Philippines!
Fraulein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM   #7383
diehardbisdak
:D

Likes (Received): 2426

SOON: to be operated by QANTAS AIRWAYS
Darwin - Cebu - Darwin
Charter Flights using Boeing 737
Booking thru Wild Orchid Airline only
...starting December 2012

** flights can only be booked with WILD ORCHID AIRLINES
http://www.wildorchidairlines.com

MEDIA RELEASE:

Wild Orchid Airlines – a proud Territory company, is pleased to announce the commencement of
regular direct peak demand charter flights between Darwin and Cebu in the Philippines.

Utilising a Qantas Boeing 737 and crew, we are offering Territorians a full service Economy and
Business Class cabin.

You can now travel directly between Darwin & Cebu in a short 3.5 hour hop.

In the past, to get to the central Philippines hub airport, you’d need to take connections in
Manila and/or Singapore – more often than not, making this an arduous 2 day journey with
the cost & inconvenience of overnight stopovers.

Now with Wild Orchid Airlines – it’s as simple as a short 3.5 hour flight. Quicker than getting
to any Australian capital city or any other international destination excluding Bali or Dili.

Featuring Nude Fares – where nothing is hidden. Wild Orchid Airlines’ fare structure is simple
and fully inclusive. It’s Nude with no hidden extras! No hidden taxes. No hidden fees. No hidden
surcharges. Fully Nude Fares.

Inclusive in your fare is a catered flight, with a generous baggage allowance of 20kg for our
Economy Guests or 30kg for our Business Guests.

But wait! It gets better...

Wild Orchid Airlines has scheduled our charter flights for daytime departures;

Departing Darwin at 1.00pm, we have you in the vibrant tropical city of Cebu at 3.05pm (local time).
On the return, departing Cebu at 4.35pm, bringing you back home at the pleasant time of 9.40pm – even
before your bedtime.

Benefits of flying Wild Orchid Airlines;

Totally Nude Fares
Full Service
Direct No Hassle Flights
Choice of Economy or Business Class
Day Time Flights
New International Destination
Inclusive Baggage Allowance
Inflight Meals
Competitive Fares

Bookings can be made at www.wildorchidairlines.com or for regular updates “like” us on Facebook.

Media Enquiries can be directed to David Fleming on 0438 908 888
GPO Box 8888, Darwin, NT 0801, Australia
www.wildorchidairlines.com

source: http://wildorchidairlines.com/media-information/

Last edited by diehardbisdak; June 21st, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
diehardbisdak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:34 PM   #7384
majaba98

Likes (Received): 0

Now that some sparkling news ! Qantas/Wild Orchid flights into Cebu beginning December ? Thanks for sharing.
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:41 PM   #7385
litigs

Likes (Received): 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbisdak View Post

SOON: to be operated by QANTAS AIRWAYS
Darwin - Cebu - Darwin
Charter Flights using Boeing 737
Booking thru Wild Orchid Airline only
...starting December 2012

** flights can only be booked with WILD ORCHID AIRLINES
http://www.wildorchidairlines.com

MEDIA RELEASE:

Wild Orchid Airlines – a proud Territory company, is pleased to announce the commencement of
regular direct peak demand charter flights between Darwin and Cebu in the Philippines.

Utilising a Qantas Boeing 737 and crew, we are offering Territorians a full service Economy and
Business Class cabin.

You can now travel directly between Darwin & Cebu in a short 3.5 hour hop.

In the past, to get to the central Philippines hub airport, you’d need to take connections in
Manila and/or Singapore – more often than not, making this an arduous 2 day journey with
the cost & inconvenience of overnight stopovers.

Now with Wild Orchid Airlines – it’s as simple as a short 3.5 hour flight. Quicker than getting
to any Australian capital city or any other international destination excluding Bali or Dili.

Featuring Nude Fares – where nothing is hidden. Wild Orchid Airlines’ fare structure is simple
and fully inclusive. It’s Nude with no hidden extras! No hidden taxes. No hidden fees. No hidden
surcharges. Fully Nude Fares.

Inclusive in your fare is a catered flight, with a generous baggage allowance of 20kg for our
Economy Guests or 30kg for our Business Guests.

But wait! It gets better...

Wild Orchid Airlines has scheduled our charter flights for daytime departures;

Departing Darwin at 1.00pm, we have you in the vibrant tropical city of Cebu at 3.05pm (local time).
On the return, departing Cebu at 4.35pm, bringing you back home at the pleasant time of 9.40pm – even
before your bedtime.

Benefits of flying Wild Orchid Airlines;

Totally Nude Fares
Full Service
Direct No Hassle Flights
Choice of Economy or Business Class
Day Time Flights
New International Destination
Inclusive Baggage Allowance
Inflight Meals
Competitive Fares

Bookings can be made at www.wildorchidairlines.com or for regular updates “like” us on Facebook.

Media Enquiries can be directed to David Fleming on 0438 908 888
GPO Box 8888, Darwin, NT 0801, Australia
www.wildorchidairlines.com

source: http://wildorchidairlines.com/media-information/

Intriguing ni ilang "nude fares", unsa kaha ang attire sa mga cabin attendants ani?!
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM   #7386
MatudNilaBaby
BANNED

Likes (Received): 340

nice development! i hope more direct international flights will be established connecting cebu and southern philippines to other foreign countries aside from asia. charter flights can be a good start to link australia/new zealand and i hope it will continue on a regular basis and become regular flights maski once a week is good enough. cebu needs direct connection to both europe and the north america.
MatudNilaBaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:14 PM   #7387
majaba98

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatudNilaBaby View Post
nice development! i hope more direct international flights will be established connecting cebu and southern philippines to other foreign countries aside from asia. charter flights can be a good start to link australia/new zealand and i hope it will continue on a regular basis and become regular flights maski once a week is good enough. cebu needs direct connection to both europe and the north america.
Agree !
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM   #7388
hans boy
TSR/CSR

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by majaba98 View Post
Now that some sparkling news ! Qantas/Wild Orchid flights into Cebu beginning December ? Thanks for sharing.
Home is now 7 hours away!

NZ to Aus, 3.5hrs + Aus to Ceb, 3.5hrs = 7.

Before...

NZ to Aus, 3.5hrs + Aus to MLA, 7hrs + MLA to Ceb, 1hr = 11.5hrs
NZ to HK, 11hrs + HK to Ceb, 2.5hrs = 13.5hrs
NZ to SG/Seoul, 11hrs + SG/Seoul to Ceb, 4.5hrs = 15.5hrs

Hoping that this will become a regular flight in 2013.
hans boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:03 AM   #7389
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 357

Nice,chartered flight from Darwin Australia? It maybe a test run if more passengers can be generated in this new destination by Wild Orchard Airlines. December is peak season so I guess they do need to tap that market even if it's only temporarily or trial run. Congratulations!!!
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM   #7390
litigs

Likes (Received): 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans boy View Post

Before...

You must be working in one of the dairies there; I'm surprised lots of Filipinos behind the scenes of New Zealands primary export. Yes, coming from that part of Oceania entails at least two stops and quite circuitous as my brother explained to me specially if your headed to Cebu or Mindanao, which to think, is actually closer if taken by direct flight.
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:25 AM   #7391
FiloInOz

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans boy

Before...

Im from Brisbane, been to Wellington a few times, its a non-stop long haul flight takes at best 4 hours....

I go to NT (Darwin, Alice Springs and Uluru) frequently for work.... It takes me 4 hours to fly there from Brissy....

Wellington NZ to Darwin AU = approx. 8hrs
Darwin AU to Cebu PH = 3.5hrs

= approx. 11.5hrs... Not bad

Last edited by FiloInOz; June 23rd, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
FiloInOz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:26 AM   #7392
hans boy
TSR/CSR

Likes (Received): 5

You're right. Stand corrected. But it doesn't mean that I dunno where Darwin is. I just forgot that I still have to travel from SYD/MEL to Darwin which is on the otherside of OZ. OK na sana pre kaya lang dinagdagan mo pa nang sarcasm. Di nakakatawa! May sakit ka yata pre, sakit sa ugali. Pagaling ka!

Kung ako ikaw, simple lang correction ko. Rule of KISS rather than the rule of typical sick Filipinos like you. Ganito lang, "bai or pre, I think that you forgot to compute and add the travel hours between SYD/MEL to DAR".

I hope that you're not a Cebuano because if you are, I will be surprise!
hans boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM   #7393
mAiNsTrEaMhunter
Sun Worshipper

Likes (Received): 406

I heard Air Niugini's first flight POM-CEB-POM was moved to from June 19 to July 17. Pls confirm. Thanks
mAiNsTrEaMhunter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #7394
emperorkarl

Likes (Received): 29

I went to the airport last month and I realized that some of the concerns of our forumers are actually valid.

Here are some of my observations:

1.) The approach to the airport really looks kind of "dirty";

2.) The pay parking area needs to be rehabilitated. Cigarette butts are all over the place. The pavement is worn out and there are so many potholes. It is dusty on sunny days and muddy when it rains. And also, they don't issue receipts.

3.) The over-all landscaping is very poor. It needs a total overhaul. More plants and flowers will do. Landscaping should be similar when you enter five-star international hotels such as Shangri-La Mactan.

4.) The road needs to be repaved with clear road markings and dividers.

5.) Remove the towering dilapidated advertising signboard near the entrance to the departure/arrival areas. I think this was installed during the time of Gen. Yap. The tarpaulin ads are hanging, some are torn, etc. Over-all it is very unsightly to look at for now unless it will be repaired.

6.) Do something with the "security" that asks you what your flight is especially when entering the arrival area. I think it has something to do with aesthetics. It actually reminds me more of bus terminals, hehe.

7.) Also, would it be better if we designate a particular area of the airport where the taxis can park and wait for passengers instead of them lining up from Waterfront hotel to the departure area? A particular area perhaps where the arriving passengers will go if they want a taxi. It's more of like a depot or a taxi terminal. Perhaps a terminal just like the one in Ayala Mall? The sight of taxis lining up from Waterfront hotel all the way to the departure area doesn't look good.
emperorkarl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:07 PM   #7395
MatudNilaBaby
BANNED

Likes (Received): 340

nahala mcia deal with those suggestions coming from a reputable photo enthusiasts. lahi gyud kon gikan sa mga katawhan ang imong pasultihon kay tinud-anay gyud na nga comment walay sugarcoating.
MatudNilaBaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #7396
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 357

I think those are little things that are easily overlooked. It does sound like legitimate concern without sugarcoating. Trouble is, like the approach leading to the airport and the tarpulin concerns may not be able to address if the concern is directed to airport manager because it sounded like some of those fall under the juristiction of the city goverment. I don't see why the designated taxi area, parking lot cleanliness and the security checks cannot be addressed by our honorable airport manager.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #7397
vicven2
casual critic

Likes (Received): 49

I with you until the last part.
I'm having a hard time envisioning where one would place a taxi stand that fits this description. Putting it in the parking area would be too far IMHO. Where is it now? Last I checked, it was in the domestic end of the departure area, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorkarl View Post
7.) Also, would it be better if we designate a particular area of the airport where the taxis can park and wait for passengers instead of them lining up from Waterfront hotel to the departure area? A particular area perhaps where the arriving passengers will go if they want a taxi. It's more of like a depot or a taxi terminal. Perhaps a terminal just like the one in Ayala Mall? The sight of taxis lining up from Waterfront hotel all the way to the departure area doesn't look good.
vicven2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #7398
diehardbisdak
:D

Likes (Received): 2426

news update....!!!

DARWIN (Australia) to Mactan, CEBU

Old June 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #7399
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

Likes (Received): 238

Hope to see it a regular flight soon...

Visit Other Zamboanga del Norte Threads

Dipolog Airport Thread 2
dashalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #7400
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbu View Post
Project lacks Radaza endorsement, Lapu-Lapu delays MCIA expansion?
By Mitchelle L. Palaubsanon (The Freeman)
Updated June 14, 2012 12:00 AMComments (0)

CEBU, Philippines - Will the city government of Lapu-Lapu be the cause of delay in the implementation of the P5.8-billion worth proposed New Mactan Cebu International Airport Passenger Terminal building?

This question was raised during the second quarter meeting of the Infrastructure Development Committee of the Regional Development Council (RDC-IDC) yesterday after Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Paz Radaza requested to be given more time to come up with a resolution endorsing the project.

The Department of Transportation and Communications had written a letter to Radaza asking for an endorsement of the said project.

Valeriano “Bobit” Avila, one of the private sector representatives to the RDC-IDC, opined that MCIA is a government-owned controlled corporation, thus, there is no need for an endorsement.

“How long will Lapu-Lapu City study the project? Lapu-Lapu City is incompetent to study that project because that is not their job,” said Avila, a former RDC-IDC chairman.

IDC chairman Emmanuel Rabacal said that as of now, they are still waiting for the endorsement of the Lapu-Lapu City Development Council and as to when, that they do not know.

“What if Lapu-Lapu refuses to endorse the project for a flimsy reason? The PPP of Pnoy already approved this project. Mahug ta ani ug kataw-anan kung masangit lang sa city government sa Lapu-Lapu,” Avila said. (The President already approved this project and we would be the laughingstock if we allow it to be delayed by the city government.)

In order not to derail the project, NEDA regional director and RDC assistant chairman Buenaventura Gosoco said that they will seek dialogue with Radaza because delaying the project would mean serious economic implications.

The dialogue, Gosoco said, is a parallel initiative of IDC so that the project implementation would not be delayed.

Mayor Radaza’s spokesperson Jonjie Gonzales said that a letter was already sent to the Mactan Cebu International Airport so it could send representative to explain the details of the said project to the members of the city council during their regular session.

MCIA general manager Nigel Paul Villarete in a separate interview is optimistic that the city will schedule it as soon as possible as they are ready to present their presentation anytime.

Villarete said that the city government is “not averse on the project, but inclined to it.” For Villarete, the city just needs clarification on some issues like the scope of the project.

Avila added that there is an ongoing dispute between the city government and the airport’s management over payment of taxes.

Such issue, Avila said, could be used as leverage on the part of the city government against the latter to pay taxes immediately in exchange for the endorsement of the said project.

The IDC has already passed a resolution last March 16, recommending the RDC endorsement of the said project. However, such resolution was not included in the agenda of the RDC Full Council meeting last March 26 as the preprequisite Lapu-Lapu City Development Council endorsement was not available at the time of the meeting.

more >> http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...CategoryId=107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatudNilaBaby View Post
expert nasab diay nang city council sa lapu2x about airports kay mangayo paman ug approval or endorsement nila. lupig pa nilay mga enhinero ug mga ariketic. bitaw asa man diay na mulukat ug building permit ang mcia para sa t2kon dili anha sa city engineers office sa lapu2x ug dili sa cebu city lol. pero nganong gikan man gyud sa mayor. is radaza an engineer in practice? ug politics na pud na iyang gipadagan aron kuno importante siya diha sa lapu2x? haay kadugay sugdan oi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbutLang View Post
Nangita ka kilkilan ang tinuod ang mga project diha a Lapulapu naamay sila pahalipay, unya ang MCIA dili man muhatag pahalipay nila.
Quote:
Originally Posted by litigs View Post
The endorsement will most likely be a formality but the question lies on the capability of Lapu-Lapu's OBO to review the building permit for a project of such magnitude. There is a lot for them to do from landscape, utilities, and life safety. As in any project big or small, there is the site plan approval which can be more political and yes they can put much leverage on the tax issue. In my experience with site plan approvals, the project proponent has to give in something to the public or the local populace in return. Say, like beautification of adjacent roads leading to the airport if its city owned, or creating a mini park close to the airport. Usually, this can be in a form of cash given by the private proponent. This will pave the way for the approval of the site and the subsequent review of the working drawings which is more technical. Ang lisod ani kay hapit na ang election and there is a famous Cebuano expression on delaying the game, - "nag paugat"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz View Post
Buang jud ning Lapu-Lapu city government.. Unsa man kunoy e studyhan nila.. Kung unsaon nila makapangwarta anang P5.8B na project...

Maayo seguro aning mga RADAZA... protestahan sa mga Cebuano..... Buang jud...
The city is supportive of the project. Kadakong garbo ra ana nga Lapu-Lapu ang international gateway. But ang issue yata here is why should the city government give its endorsement nga wala man sila'y bayad-bayad ug tax? or something like that. Moexpand yet dili mobayad ug tax? I guess LLC just wants to be informed on how the taxes can be settled. Or ibalhin nalang g'yud sa Cordova ang airport.

Let's try to drop all our biases against the Radazas and imagine nga kita ang mayor of the city. The city is expanding the Palace of Justice, new building, new courts. The city needs a new and larger city hall. Reportedly, halos P2B ang taxes. Kung ikaw ang mayor, would you allow that? New terminal with all the negosyo involved inside, walay tax? Terminal fee, walay tax? Spaces for lease, walay tax? Runway fee, walay tax? P2B is huge.

Last edited by Sinjin P.; June 27th, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Sinjin P. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
cebu