SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PARIS | Metro

3M views 8K replies 522 participants last post by  Hourdel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

See less See more
#3,163 ·
I'm a bit confused about the process of installing the platform screen doors. The entire platform isn't fitted with the doors overnight - it's done in stages. Before the work is completed, what happens? Are the doors kept closed, preventing people from boarding particular carriages? Are they left open all day? Or do the doors that have been fitted operate as designed even when the entire platform hasn't been fitted with them yet?

This might seem like a bit of a naïve question but the Subway in my city, Glasgow, will have platform screen doors fitted in the next few years and I'm curious to know what to expect. :)

#3,164 ·
^^ Doors are working, even if the entire platform hasn't been fitted with them.
To kept doors closed until the complete installation is not possible in a busy subway network like Paris and we can clearly see in the picture that doors are closed when there is not train.

#3,169 ·
I've recently discovered a funny satyre about the Paris metro.

For those not speaking French, here's the pitch:
Super line 1 and Super line 14 make everything they can to serve people in making them reach their office each morning. Unfortunately, the evil RER B wants to block everyone because he's just evil.

That's funny for locals because line 1 and 14 are known in Paris to be very efficient whereas the RER B is a mess (it's much better than RER D for me but whatever, I haven't made the movie).

#3,174 ·
I was reading on the Symbioz forums about the MP 05 (Line 1). If I read things correctly, is appears that a few trains have already been vandalized in the sense that there are scratchiti on windows, etc. Also passengers making a mess on the seats with food, etc.
That is correct, when I was in Paris last tuesday I noticed scratched windows on the MP05 trains. I didn't see people eating on them though.