daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Rate our Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Rate Soho Central
10 22 14.47%
9.5 7 4.61%
9 6 3.95%
8.5 13 8.55%
8 9 5.92%
7.5 10 6.58%
7 17 11.18%
6.5 9 5.92%
6 12 7.89%
5.5 5 3.29%
5 11 7.24%
4.5 4 2.63%
4 4 2.63%
3.5 4 2.63%
3 or less 19 12.50%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:35 AM   #6021
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Likes (Received): 27

Cool Meridien fleeing the building?

REMEMBER: Prepare for the 2012 Annual Meeting; read message #890 on page 45.

UPDATE (06/23/12): From a Unit Owner: "Every Thursday Century developers and engineers come to the repair upon request from from Meridien. How do we make that request and will it still be every Thursday?" (This is due to design flaws and poor construction.)

Next from this Owner: "How do we get the Titles (and Absolute Deeds of Sale) and (what) will be their direct phone number? I assume we call Gramercy and request the call be transferred?"

I was also thinking about those such as Ryan & I who have or will change the Meralco accounts to their names. Will we have to make a journey to get this done considering all the trips and arguments that must be made? Is this a way to stop the changes from taking place which slows the process to full ownership control of Soho Central?

UPDATE (06/26/12): Another problem with the Meralco "estimated service deposit" Unit Owners paid the developers who gave a portion to Meralco keeping the rest is what happens when you sell your unit? Yes, the developers make it nearly impossible for Unit Owners to get their deposits back since they are moving, time is an issue and they need to move on with their lives. So this is free(?) money for the developers when delay and sick paperwork games, the major problems, are barriers placed before the Unit Owners.

UPDATE (07/10/12) Meridien aka Century has moved out of the building. They are no longer in #802. I saw their office being moved out this morning using a passenger elevator then the elevators outside the lobby in the podium due to the service elevator not working for months. Meridien aka Century still handles the elevators since they have never worked properly. The admin office was not told of their whereabouts as they fled the scene. This will also cause problems for some in getting permits due to lack of Certificate of Parking Ownership which Meridien issued.

Yes, Ryan went to the Meridien aka Century Properties office on the 8th floor in Unit 802 to ask about the rumor I was told of by Century Properties Management Inc on the 4th floor in the administration office.

Ryan was told that they are moving to Gramercy Residences at Century City but do not when or where in that project. Right another mystery they are not disclosing.

So what is to become of all the unfinished business with the Titles and Absolute Deeds of Sale? What?

They are only making it more difficult for Soho Central Unit Owners to get their Titles and other paperwork.

Why is this important? Well, Titles may be used by them for loans. HINT: Think of all those projects out there. I recall one Unit Owner had an uncaring attitude about getting her Title until I told her what they can do in the Philippines as told to me by a lawyer.

See even though you paid in full for your unit, they can use that Title as collateral on their loans. Yes, if their projects fail some bank is coming for your unit. If you have a loan with a bank, that is between you and the bank and not them since the bank holds the Title or should be holding the Title. You should still get a certified copy of the Title and you can still get the Absolute Deed of Sale.

Please tell all Unit Owners you know that Meridien is leaving and that Titles and Absolute Deeds of Sale must be gotten NOW since they will make it more difficult by their move. If your are having problems and they are not following the Presidential Decree, seek a lawyer NOW.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; July 10th, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: additions/corrections/updates
GeorgeDeCarlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM   #6022
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Exclamation Watch and Act

Many will notice and some may not evaluate why work is being done around the building. The annual meeting is taking place this August and this gang of developers will be doing work to make it look as though they are accomplishing something.

This trick was probably taught to them in their Business 101 course as we would say in the US. To keep employees happy just have the company pretend that they care and want their opinion or even do some some superficial actions for the employees to give the facade of concern. This is the game being played now.

Yes, even the new hire of a Senior Manager with posted memos about the new hire are to give this impression. Well we all know what has taken place since turnover. We all know the lies, deception and two or more faces of the management and their bosses, the developers.

Always remember, it is Our Money the developers use to hire staff who work for them and not us. Unit Owners do not control the Board. The developers control the Board.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; June 22nd, 2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: additions
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM   #6023
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Angry Obfuscation: an objective of the developers

In an earlier message, I had written that no Minutes were made of Soho Central Condominium Corporate Board meetings. I stated this since Ryan submitted a request and was given resolutions and told that that was all they had with not even a hint to something else existing.

A lawyer in the building said they saw and read Minutes. Yesterday, Ryan went to the 4th floor and asked and they said they would look into it. Well, that was not enough, I went downstairs and had another major argument as to the lies, deception and two or more faces of the staff. Staff that is hired by the developers with no approval by Unit Owners since we do not control the Board.

It seems there are Minutes and they are not on the premises. I told them I want copies and soon and not just days before the Annual Meeting. I told them I would pay for the copies.

Where is the office for the Board? Where are they hiding information? Why hide the Minutes and other material from the Unit Owners?

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; June 23rd, 2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: corrections
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #6024
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Cool Contracts

All Unit Owners need to know they have the right to question all decisions in this building and to file complaints as I have written about in posted messages.

As an example, the security service agency's contract is up in July. This was discussed last year when it was coming due since the number, cost and whereabouts of security guards was a serious question then and now.

I had been told just a short time ago that changing the security force by open bids was not wise and I was given ridiculous excuses. Now management tells me there are bids. I guess the concern I and others had have initiated some action. But what will the process be and the result?

Will there be a proper examination of quality and cost?

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; June 25th, 2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: update
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #6025
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Arrow BUGS

I have written about cleaning and pest control in past posts. I have spoken to this many times with other Unit Owners and tenants. Besides many balconies being a mess with drains possibly clogged and one I can see, where will the water go? Do bugs multiply with all this refuse?

Another memo following many other useless memos has been posted. Part states, "...spraying and rodent control to hallway floors, fire exists, facilities and machine rooms." Well I had asked for this and more to cut off the trails of pests. They are now trying to catch up before the Annual Meeting.

Again I write, will all places that management can get to such as electrical rooms, water cabinets, stairwells, common balconies and terraces, elevator shafts, etc. be included?

Will a memo explaining to Unit Owners and alerting tenants that if they have pest problems in their units they need to clean and spray be posted? No such posting has been made to my knowledge. Part of such a memo needs to explain that balconies need to be cleaned and all food sources inside need to be secure. All food sources need to be placed in containers and the refrigerator.

I had to file a complaint about one unit where bugs have been seen coming from under the door. We thought the problem was solved when two women were cleaning after the tenant left. But, the bugs have returned and are crawling about the hallway. I now spray the hallway but cannot get to the source.

All Unit Owners and tenants reading this, please report any bugs and inspect your particular floor and report any problems including the stairwells. The past pest control has also missed floors and not included all spaces in the building management has easy access. So do not assume.

Thank you.
Old June 28th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #6026
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Arrow Meeting tonight & new material posted

There will be a meeting from 7-8PM tonight, Thursday, June 28, 2012. We will reserve for the next few weeks and post the dates and times later.

Please see the previous message above concerning the Annual meeting since we have posted the handout given at last year's meeting.

We have also posted a copy of the ballot which was not used since the Board walked out of the meeting. Those ballots were based on one vote for each unit. This was in direct conflict with the Master Deed and the law of the Philippines. Mixed use building are to vote based upon area.

We were asked by the new Senior Manager if she could attend a meeting. We told her that meetings have small attendance in part due to fear. Several Unit Owners have told me that they fear being seen at the meeting since they will then be watched and they fear for their units and persons. So how many others fear for their properties and lives?

Additionally, a member of the "Steering Committee" that was formed by some Unit Owners and now peopled by replacements since the original group told me that she wanted to talk but not in the building since I (meaning me, George DeCarlo) am being watched. This was told to me just a couple of weeks ago. So welcome to a feeling of safety in a Century Properties project now controlled by the developers.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; June 28th, 2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: additions
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #6027
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Red face An Ad - "Century Properties: Certified Star-Worthy"?

The following were in the ad:

Acqua (You know the one with a wall on the Pasig. Whatever happened to the special environmental and historical law to protect the Pasig River? Seems a building not appropriate to surrounding community makes law mute.)

The Azure (Has anyone heard the rumor that it was sold to a French company. I was told someone needed their title or some type of paperwork and did not know who was handling what. This is a game I heard the industry uses to slow the paperwork. Anyway, this person supposedly contacted the Justice Department.)

The Miliano

Centuria

Please tell us anything you have heard. Perhaps the "Stars" can come here to Soho Central to solve all the problems some of which are being worked on to make things look good before the Annual meeting.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; June 30th, 2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: correction/update
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #6028
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Question Security Service Changes and Contract

Yesterday, I heard from two people via texts that there was a shakeup with the security service. There have been serious revelations and now they make changes only when they knew and were told by Unit Owners. This was not done due to management taking initiative.

The security service also has its contract coming to an end this month. I had lectured the Officer in Charge from management about the lack of bids from other companies due to the high cost of the current company. He gave me excuses which made no sense considering that buildings in Makati with much more in property and money have lower cost security services.

I have just been told by the new Senior Property Manager that there are now bids. Really? I wonder why. Certainly this is not due to their own or the Board’s idea. Perhaps Unit Owners such as me talking and complaining about it.

But, will we see a proper process handling the bids? Will we see lower cost, efficiency and service without the let us say benefits for some.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; June 30th, 2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: changes
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #6029
anone

Likes (Received): 397

in my inbox today morning.

anone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #6030
mba2000

Likes (Received): 1

thanks anone,sa post mo,yong kayang bike ko kilangan kaya ikuha ko pa ng sticker.
mba2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM   #6031
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Angry Concierge Employment Disaster

It seems that the Concierge personnel are taking a great deal of grief for complaints written and no action forthcoming. All Unit Owners and their tenants must realize that the inaction is from Century Properties Management Inc on the 4th floor. From this point forward go to the 4th floor and voice your complaints as you write them.

This building is being run by charlatans of the worst kind.

Concierge personnel are now being terminated at a high rate in part due to this problem. I guess they are not acting as human shields for Century Properties Management Inc and the Board with full dictatorial control from Meridien (aka Century Properties) and Greenfield Development.

Oh, when is the elevator problem ever going to be fixed. Suit should be filed by Soho Central Condominium Corporation against all parties having to do with the elevators. Problem is the Board has directors from the developer responsible for the elevators since they were never turned over.

So we pay and they pray the authorities stay away.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: addition
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM   #6032
rizeŽ

Likes (Received): 0

Service Elevator of Soho Central Not Working Since Feb 2012

To all Residents of Soho Central,

Just to let you know that Soho Central Service Elevator has not been working since Feb 2012. Any deliveries and pull-outs are being done in the passenger elevators. But what would happen if the furniture being delivered/pulled-out cannot fit the passenger elevator? I have told both Property Manager and Assistance Property Manager to show up in rubber shoes as I will order them along with the inept staff of Soho Central Condominium Corporation and Century Properties to personally carry the furniture using the stairways.

Such failure from the Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager along with Soho Central and Century Properties cannot go on forever. We, the residents, must do something to address this issue.
www.facebook.com/pesigan
rizeŽ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #6033
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Cool Residents' Lounge for Residents

While this is a small annoyance, it demonstrates the total lack of concern and respect for the Unit Owners. The Residents' Lounge is being used for Soho Central Condominium Corporation Board meetings and staff meetings for the agencies hired by the Board.

Once again, the Board is dictated by the developers who refused to allow Unit Owners control. The agencies who manage the building's affairs were hired by the Board and work for them (the developers) not us.

Our money is used with us having no say in how it is spent.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; July 4th, 2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: corrections
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #6034
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Exclamation The Meralco Saga: More reprisal

One year for this saga! Of course we have the little matter of who had the difference and where is the interest not paid for the money taken.

After many more delays in getting signatures on checks at Greenfield offices, they finally wanted us to come to their office in Greenfield's building. I said, "NO!" There was no way I was going to go into the den of Satan.

Originally, this transfer of names on Meralco bills was suppsoed to be handled by Century Properties Management Inc on the 4th floor then Meridien was going to handle it, then Meridien with Greenfield and then Greenfield alone. Well the dummy front group, Meridien, was the puppet for Century Properties and that is where I said the movement stops.

This short story leaves out a great deal of arguing at the 8th and 4th floors as well as Ryan's many calls to Greenfield.

Yes, this ordeal has been done, I believe, to stop other Unit Owners or show them what reprisal will be taken against them in the form of making everything difficult. I would seriously advise that you tell all those you know to never buy from Greenfield or Century Properties.

Anyway, checks were signed and made out to Ryan and my mother. Not me. I was going to insist I be allowed to sign but their slick lawyers wrote a statement on the receipt that the person accepting would not sue, etc. Well I am an Owner in both as is Ryan. So in the "above mentioned matter" as they wrote I can sue and Ryan can even sue for 3506 since he received the deposit refund for 2114 not 3506.

A Greenfield CPA and lawyer even wanted me to sign as a witness. There were two lines and both did not have identification as for witnessing. They said they were told by their office. I tried to find the Senior and Assistant Managers on the 4th floor and both were gone. Ryan texted me and said they were going to leave so I had to return to the 8th floor.

I then deceided that I would define my signature so they could not add afterward. I wrote "For Witness Purposes Only!" and this was quickly but not loudly protested by the CPA. The checks were taken by Ryan.

Why mother? I guess their nasty actions want to play even more games but this game was the brainchild of Meridien as told to Ryan by Greenfield. Since my mother does not have a peso account in the Philippines we now have to open an account just to deposit the check since the stamped front of the check requires the payee to deposit it in their own account.

The account was opened and the check cashed. Oh, Greenfield's accounting offices said write a letter having my mother sign it and present that and copies of IDs. Well, BPI's officer said Greenfield is now giving advice that is out of their capacity and illegal. The check if deposited in that manner could be denied by Greenfield and BPI would be stuck and Greenfield would still have the funds.

The crooked game just never stops. Meridien now keeps their door locked requiring a demand to speak to someone in #802.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; April 5th, 2014 at 03:34 AM. Reason: update
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #6035
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Thumbs down Truth: Not really secure

Not just us but others had talked about the security problem in the building since the beginning.

Having security inside the doors and not outside has been the tradition. While the front doors now have security outside the podium doors near the elevators do not. As pointed out by a member of the "Steering Committee" last year, once someone enters who should not be inside security has been broken.

The service elevator when working can be entered via the basement and persons bypass the lobby. Since I brought this up, this next security problem has been ongoing and ignored by the Board.

The Greenfield guards just smile and say hello to anyone entering via the bridge. Once inside they may go to the ground floor or proceed to the basement and go upstairs in the Resident areas by use of the service elevator when it is working or just walk up the stairs in Mayflower Tower.

Yes, weapons and thieves may enter at will and have been able to from the start. The thefts that had taken place in the building, I was told when we first got here, were not reported properly or told to the Unit Owners. So many secrets.

As for those entering the building through the lobby, Ryan just witnessed two people entering via podium lightly challenged but allowed to proceed upstairs.

I have told the new Senior Manager about the bridge and she was not aware of the problem. Why had no one told her of the problems?

Watch this change taking place and credit placed on the staff.
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #6036
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Arrow Minor Issue: Trees

I know a minor issue but for those Unit Owners not here, trees have been planted in the front. How long has this taken! Nothing gets done around here without loud complaints or placing issues on the web or other such forums.

All this being done and more before the Annual meeting in August. I know they will try to take credit for so much. But, you may be assured that it will be clearly explained that none of the credit is for the Board and its hired agencies. This building has been running into the ground.

OH, for all those Unit Owners without Titles and Deeds of Absolute Sale in their hands, I would do so quickly. Face-to-face meetings with government officials and your own choice of lawyer may be necessary. Remember, in the Philippines just having paid in full for your unit does not make it yours in full legally.

UPDATE (07/10/12) Meridien aka Century has moved out of the building. They are no longer in #802. I saw their office being moved out this morning using a passenger elevator then the elevators outside the lobby in the podium due to the service elevator not working for months. Meridien aka Century still handles the elevators since they have never worked properly. The admin office was not told of their whereabouts as they fled the scene. This will also cause problems for some in getting permits due to lack of Certificate of Parking Ownership which Meridien issued.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; July 10th, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: correction/update
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #6037
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Talking Soho Central Unit Owners' Weekly Meeting

It seems we have been getting used to the weekly meeting at 7PM on Thursdays in the Residents' Lounge. Tonight we hope to see you.
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #6038
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Thumbs down 26.50 peso fee vs 65 peso fee!

BREAKING NEWS

Well not too breaking but what can it be in reality when Soho Unit Owners are told news slowly and Board Minutes are hidden as much as possible from the Unit Owners when requests in writing are made and then only part of what was requested is given with the normal lengthy delays.

As a Unit Owner just told me, it is called Century Properties since it take 100 years to get anything done.

The news is the Board met in secret without Unit Owners witnessing approved at some point in the past the rate of 26.50 pesos per square meter for the commercial floors. Unit Owners pay 65 pesos per square meter per month for fees. Yes, this is not right. Unit Owners are subsidising the commercial space.

So how was this done? I would guess it is due to a Board with Meridien aka Century Properties and Greenfield.

The developers control the Board and this incestuous relationship is not fair for the Unit Owners in the managing of the building.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; July 15th, 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: correction
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #6039
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Exclamation Arranging the Vote

I was just told by a representative for more than one Unit Owner that at the Annual meeting last year they were refused votes for each Owner even though they were given proxies.

Century Properties Management Inc for the developer controlled Board told them that they were only allowed to vote for one Owner!

Who gave this Board and their management the right to dictate to Unit Owners who may vote for them by proxy? Did not the developers have proxy votes? They not the Unit Owners have access to Unit Owners so they not us may influence them for the votes. We are not able to tell them to give their proxy to someone such as a friend or family member or legal representive of their choice.

If this happend to anyone, please immediately contact the SEC whose contact information is at message #890.

Additionally, the vote last year was one vote per unit. That is contrary to the Master Deed and the law of the Philippines. Mixed-use buildings must be by area. So the election of the three Greenfield directors was not according to the law. After that vote the Board walked out and the meeting ended.
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #6040
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Lightbulb Unit Records

PRESERVE YOUR RECORDS

Please seriously consider getting your records in order and remember to keep even the smallest pieces of paper involving your unit since you have no idea what may be in the future.

I would also encourage scanning and/or copying your complete file for safe keeping elsewhere.

And while you are at it, examine your file even small pieces of paper. If you have questions, seek those with possible answers.

Last edited by GeorgeDeCarlo; July 17th, 2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: correction