search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #301
peterbrusil

Likes (Received): 0

Shenzhen is one of the best cities in China. It can be famous for their transport service. They can be controlling their transportation method using some latest technology. They can manage all the important facilities for their travelers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
peterbrusil no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #302
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
Well, I'd say that there will be no urban rail system in Huizhou in the near future. At least I haven't read or heard anything about it. I guess the Line 12 or 14 will just be connected to an ordinary train station there.
Even if it would have an interchange to both of the neighbouring cities I do not know if this would be a world record! I am just thinking about cities like Tokyo, London or Shanghai which might also be connected to surrounding cities/towns.
Also in my hometown, Nuremberg, the subway is running to Furth and might be extended to smaller cities like Zirndorf (approx. population ~ 25.000) or Stein (approx. population ~ 15.000). So this could be a world record as well!?!

I understand what you are trying to say, but I think there's a difference between a subway/metro exceeding the city limits into satellite towns, and the multi-million inhabitant cities of a delta region having their own seperate metro systems becoming intertwined.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #303
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I understand what you are trying to say, but I think there's a difference between a subway/metro exceeding the city limits into satellite towns, and the multi-million inhabitant cities of a delta region having their own seperate metro systems becoming intertwined.
Indeed. My point was about metropolitan areas with separate subway systems extending their lines to connect with eachother. Having lines reach several administrative units called "City" is fairly common (I've passed City-City borders 6 times just today by subway).
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:21 AM   #304
DoubleU

Likes (Received): 411

Shenzhen Subway Offering Day Passes, Starting this July

According to the Transportation Committee of Shenzhen Municipality, Shenzhen will offer 20 RMB subway day passes this July. The pass can be used without limit for one day only, after which it will no longer be valid, and the standard is one ticket per person. Once you have bought a day pass it cannot be returned nor refunded.

Source: http://www.echinacities.com/shenzhen...this-july.html
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM   #305
DoubleU

Likes (Received): 411

One smartcard to rule them all:
Guangdong, Hong Kong team up to offer unified travel card

The transportation smart card acceptable in Guangdong and Hong Kong will be available for sale in both places as of July 18, to unify Hong Kong’s Octopus and Guangdong’s Lingnan Tong into one card.
The card contains two separated accounts for RMB and HKD to comply with the different currencies of the two places. The cardholders can use the card freely in the metro, buses, taxis, ferries and any other retail outlets accepting Octopus or LNT.

The two-in-one card will be available at the customer service centers of Hong Kong’s MTR and Guangdong’s LNT retail counters for RMB 80 or HKD 98 without a refundable deposit and initial value, meaning the new cardholders will have to add money before use. Cardholders can add money to the card in both places with corresponding currency. The card is anonymous, so reporting it as lost is not applicable.

The operators of the card in both places will also issue 3,000 sets of limited edition card at RMB 238 or HKD 298 as of July 2.

According to Liu Xiaohua, deputy director of Guangdong Communications Department, as the LNT card will be accessible in cities like Shenzhen and Dongguan at the end of the year, the new card can be used throughout the province and Hong Kong, and even in Macau in 2013.

Sources:
http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/one-s...d-travel-card/
http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_...92104022.shtml
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #306
bearb

Likes (Received): 570

Grand Theater Station
by 1788111
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #307
bearb

Old July 7th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #308
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 2792

Did anyone see this in the Wall Street Journal?

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...p-subway-seat/

Apparently there will be VIP cars on the "No.11 Shenzhen railway line." I don't know what that means. Does anyone know anything about this?
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #309
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post

Apparently there will be VIP cars on the "No.11 Shenzhen railway line." I don't know what that means. Does anyone know anything about this?
I'm guessing it's comparable to the first class sections on Hong Kong's East Rail line, where you can use your Octopus card to get in there.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #310
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
One smartcard to rule them all:
Guangdong, Hong Kong team up to offer unified travel card

The transportation smart card acceptable in Guangdong and Hong Kong will be available for sale in both places as of July 18, to unify Hong Kong’s Octopus and Guangdong’s Lingnan Tong into one card.
The card contains two separated accounts for RMB and HKD to comply with the different currencies of the two places. The cardholders can use the card freely in the metro, buses, taxis, ferries and any other retail outlets accepting Octopus or LNT.

The two-in-one card will be available at the customer service centers of Hong Kong’s MTR and Guangdong’s LNT retail counters for RMB 80 or HKD 98 without a refundable deposit and initial value, meaning the new cardholders will have to add money before use. Cardholders can add money to the card in both places with corresponding currency. The card is anonymous, so reporting it as lost is not applicable.

The operators of the card in both places will also issue 3,000 sets of limited edition card at RMB 238 or HKD 298 as of July 2.

According to Liu Xiaohua, deputy director of Guangdong Communications Department, as the LNT card will be accessible in cities like Shenzhen and Dongguan at the end of the year, the new card can be used throughout the province and Hong Kong, and even in Macau in 2013.

Sources:
http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/one-s...d-travel-card/
http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_...92104022.shtml
That is really awesome! For looks and "travel souvenir" it was cool to have separate cards but in reality this is a damn good idea...especially since the entire Pearl River Delta will eventually have one big continuous metro system.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #311
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I'm guessing it's comparable to the first class sections on Hong Kong's East Rail line, where you can use your Octopus card to get in there.
But where is this enigmatic "Line 11"?
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #312
bearb

Quote:
But where is this enigmatic "Line 11"?
airport line
dark purple one in the map

Old July 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #313
bearb

Quote:

It means 'First Class'
There are 8 cars in a train of the Airport Line(former Line 11)
2 of them will be first class and 6 of them will be normal underground/metro/subway setting cars

this line is 51.7 km long and setting 17 stations only
more like a inter-town/city railway than a normal city underground/metro/subway line.
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #314
FM 2258

There seems to be a lot of stops between the airport and Futian for the airport line? Why so many stops? I thought this was supposed to be an express service? Again I'm comparing this to the Hong Kong Airport Express Line. It would be nice to get from airport to Futian in 20 minutes.
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #315
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
There seems to be a lot of stops between the airport and Futian for the airport line? Why so many stops? I thought this was supposed to be an express service? Again I'm comparing this to the Hong Kong Airport Express Line. It would be nice to get from airport to Futian in 20 minutes.
yea that's what we are always complaining about =P
but as the government said the route can still manage a 29-minute journey from Airport (T3) to Futian..
well... just under their limitation of expectation which is 30 minutes.......
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #316
FM 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb View Post
yea that's what we are always complaining about =P
but as the government said the route can still manage a 29-minute journey from Airport (T3) to Futian..
well... just under their limitation of expectation which is 30 minutes.......
That's pretty much on par with Hong Kong's Airport Express with 24 minutes from Airport to Town according to info on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_Express_%28MTR%29

It would be nice if they could get a maglev line between airport and town.

Last edited by FM 2258; July 8th, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #317
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
That's pretty much on par with Hong Kong's Airport Express with 24 minutes from Airport to Town according to info on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_Express_%28MTR%29

It would be nice if they could get a maglev line between airport and town.
Indeed some of the stations are not necessary for this line between airport to futian... but now there isn't any chance to change...

I think the maglev line will just cost too much for such a short distance...
unless the government decide to use Huiyang airport as a second airport for shenzhen city where is about 50 km away from shenzhen city centre...
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #318
bearb

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_15555476.htm
Shenzhen's new subway to sell VIP seats
Updated: 2012-07-06 15:05
(chinadaily.com.cn)

Shenzhen's new subway line 11 will offer VIP tickets to passengers that guarantees a seat for double the normal price, Southern Metropolis Daily reported Friday.
"We are trying to make public transportation meet a higher level of service," said Zhao Penglin, deputy secretary general of Zhenzhen municipal government, at the Shenzhen-Hongkong Subway Economic Circle Summit on July 5.
"By providing seat tickets to passengers, especially travelers from other places, a more comfortable journey can be enjoyed," Zhao said.
But some passengers remain skeptical about the VIP service.
"I will consider the VIP ticket if it is not expensive," said a Shenzhen woman surnamed Huang, "It's crowded in rush hour, making it difficult to stand without a seat from the Laojie station to the airport for 40 to 50 minutes, and I am willing to pay more for the ticket for comfort."
A worker surnamed Lin said, "I go to work by underground on weekdays, and it's a little expensive to spend double the price on a VIP ticket.".
The new line is expected to open in 2016.
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #319
bearb

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_15556465.htm
Shenzhen Metro says no VIP compartment planned
Updated: 2012-07-06 21:36
By Huang Yuli ( chinadaily.com.cn)

The Shenzhen Metro said on July 6 that it has no plans to set up VIP compartments on a new subway line.

A report by the Southern Metropolis Daily on Friday said that the Shenzhen Metro was planning to set up VIP compartments on line 11, which is now under construction.

The report said the trains operating on the line would have two more compartments with no standing space but with tickets costing twice as much.

The news caught public attention, with many questioning if it would be appropriate to set different price brackets for public transportation, especially in the subway, which is normally very crowded during peak times.

An online survey on news portal Sina , with the participation of more than 2,000 netizens by 5 pm on July 6, showed that 65.3 percent believed it's not appropriate to set VIP compartments, while 23.8 percent of the respondents supported more variety of choices.

Chen Qi, deputy manager of the operating company of the Shenzhen Metro, said that that the company is not planning to set up VIP compartments but what they call "special compartments".

"Line 11 is from downtown to the airport, like an airport express, so it won't be very crowded," he said.

"Trains for that line will have eight compartments, instead of six, so we plan to make two compartments special, on which we won't sell standing tickets. This is to meet the demands of high-end customers," he said.

He added that Hong Kong has similar arrangements on a train line run by the MTR Corp, which has a first class compartment.

He said the "special compartments" will only be put in place on line 11 "since it's a special line" and would not be expanded to other lines.

Chen said the construction of line 11 has just started and will be finished in 2016. Ticket prices are not finalized yet.

According to Shenzhen Metro, the current five subway lines in Shenzhen carry daily 2.07 million passengers on average.
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #320
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Contrary to popular belief, there is instant democracy in the Pearl River Delta.

The Metro says there will be VIP carriages, the public says they don't want VIP carriages, then Metro says there will be no VIP carriages.

Tags
guangdong