daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #201
Swede
forumer #29
 
Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: sol.III.eu.se.08
Posts: 3,117
Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
SZ Metro to link with Huizhou, Dongguan

SHENZHEN Metro lines 6 and 11, which are in planning stages, will connect with the R1 and R3 lines in Dongguan, and either the Longgang Line or lines 12 or 14 will connect with Huizhou, according to a pact signed at a joint conference of the three cities in Huizhou on Wednesday.

The pact stipulates that a team led by the Shenzhen government will be established to coordinate the border rail projects.

Metro Line 11 will provide an express link from Futian’s CBD to Shenzhen airport. Metro Line 6 will link the airport with the Longhua and Guangming new areas.

The coordination team will make preliminary studies of the feasibility of linking Longgang Line, or lines 12 or 14, to Huizhou’s rail system.

The Longgang Line will be extended to the Pingdi and Kengzi areas in Longgang District, under future plans that also include the link with Huizhou. The projects are expected to further facilitate integration of the three cities.

For tourism integration, Shenzhen and Huizhou agree to jointly develop island resources in Daya Bay, including construction of a Daya Bay coastal tourism zone. The two cities will jointly develop Sanmen Island and open a sea route linking Dapeng Peninsula in Shenzhen with Xunliao Bay in Huizhou.(Han Ximin)



“Shenzhen has built or renovated eight expressways linking with Huizhou and Dongguan, and the construction of six other border roads is progressing smoothly,” Shenzhen Mayor Xu Qin said at the joint conference.

According to the pact, Shenzhen will facilitate construction of Danping Expressway to link with Dongshen Road in Dongguan.

Source: Shenzhen Daily http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2048301.htm
So the SZ subway system will have interchanges with the urban rail systems of three other cities in the future? (including HK, of course).
Could that be a world record?
__________________
Forumers met so far:
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #202
DoubleU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nuremberg/Shenzhen
Posts: 319
Likes (Received): 382

City to spend 48b yuan on 3 Metro lines

SHENZHEN Metro Co. signed a package of 15 contracts at a ceremony at Wuzhou Guest House on Tuesday, marking the official start of the build-and-transfer projects for Metro lines 7, 9 and 11.
According to the contracts, China Railway Group, Sinohydro Group and China State Construction Engineering Corp. will be responsible for funding the three lines, which Shenzhen Municipal Government will purchase from those contractors after the projects are finished.
Construction of the 30-km Line 7, from Lishui Road in Nanshan District to Tai’an in Luohu District, is expected to cost 16 billion yuan (US$2.51 billion). Adding associated costs for the line, which will have 28 stations, raises that figure to 24.1 billion yuan.
Metro Line 9, a regional line linking Shenzhen Bay in Nanshan with Wenjindu in Luohu, is expected to cost 12 billion yuan under the build-and-transfer, or BT, contract. Line 11 will cover the city’s west by running through Futian, Nanshan and Bao’an districts, and will be built by China Railway Group. It’s the largest BT project in China’s transportation industry, with investments estimated at 20 billion yuan, a total length of 51.7 kilometers and 17 stations. The line will start in the center of Futian District and end in Songgang, Bao’an District.
Shenzhen Metro and the three contractors plan to accelerate preparatory work for construction of the three lines.
The city plans a total of five new lines in the third phase of Metro network construction, which is expected to be finished in 2016. The city’s Metro network will cover 348 kilometers when the five lines — also including Metro lines 6 and 8 — are finished. The five lines are expected to cost a total of 80 billion yuan.

Source: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2103092.htm
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #203
DoubleU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nuremberg/Shenzhen
Posts: 319
Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
So the SZ subway system will have interchanges with the urban rail systems of three other cities in the future? (including HK, of course).
Could that be a world record?
Well, I'd say that there will be no urban rail system in Huizhou in the near future. At least I haven't read or heard anything about it. I guess the Line 12 or 14 will just be connected to an ordinary train station there.
Even if it would have an interchange to both of the neighbouring cities I do not know if this would be a world record! I am just thinking about cities like Tokyo, London or Shanghai which might also be connected to surrounding cities/towns.
Also in my hometown, Nuremberg, the subway is running to Furth and might be extended to smaller cities like Zirndorf (approx. population ~ 25.000) or Stein (approx. population ~ 15.000). So this could be a world record as well!?!
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #204
DoubleU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nuremberg/Shenzhen
Posts: 319
Likes (Received): 382

Metro turnover

SHENZHEN Metro trains carry an average of 2.07 million passengers a day, about 21.3 percent of the city’s total public transportation passengers, Shenzhen’s transport commission said yesterday, on the eve of the anniversary of the full opening of five Metro lines.
The city’s public transportation system handles about 9.69 million passengers a day, of which buses carry about 6.49 million, or 67 percent of the total. Luobao Line, or Line 1, is the Metro’s busiest, with a turnover of 807,400 passengers a day, while Shekou Line, or Line 2, had the lowest turnover, of 247,500 passengers a day.
The opening of the Metro lines strengthened the capacity of city buses. A total of 130 bus routes are linked with Metro stations and it’s easy to find Metro stations within 100 meters of many bus stops along the existing 589 bus routes, the commission said.

Source: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2103085.htm
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #205
peterbrusil
Registered User
 
peterbrusil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8
Likes (Received): 0

Shenzhen is one of the best cities in China. It can be famous for their transport service. They can be controlling their transportation method using some latest technology. They can manage all the important facilities for their travelers.
__________________

peterbrusil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #206
Silly_Walks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,727
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
Well, I'd say that there will be no urban rail system in Huizhou in the near future. At least I haven't read or heard anything about it. I guess the Line 12 or 14 will just be connected to an ordinary train station there.
Even if it would have an interchange to both of the neighbouring cities I do not know if this would be a world record! I am just thinking about cities like Tokyo, London or Shanghai which might also be connected to surrounding cities/towns.
Also in my hometown, Nuremberg, the subway is running to Furth and might be extended to smaller cities like Zirndorf (approx. population ~ 25.000) or Stein (approx. population ~ 15.000). So this could be a world record as well!?!


I understand what you are trying to say, but I think there's a difference between a subway/metro exceeding the city limits into satellite towns, and the multi-million inhabitant cities of a delta region having their own seperate metro systems becoming intertwined.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #207
Swede
forumer #29
 
Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: sol.III.eu.se.08
Posts: 3,117
Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I understand what you are trying to say, but I think there's a difference between a subway/metro exceeding the city limits into satellite towns, and the multi-million inhabitant cities of a delta region having their own seperate metro systems becoming intertwined.
Indeed. My point was about metropolitan areas with separate subway systems extending their lines to connect with eachother. Having lines reach several administrative units called "City" is fairly common (I've passed City-City borders 6 times just today by subway).
__________________
Forumers met so far:
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:21 AM   #208
DoubleU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nuremberg/Shenzhen
Posts: 319
Likes (Received): 382

Shenzhen Subway Offering Day Passes, Starting this July

According to the Transportation Committee of Shenzhen Municipality, Shenzhen will offer 20 RMB subway day passes this July. The pass can be used without limit for one day only, after which it will no longer be valid, and the standard is one ticket per person. Once you have bought a day pass it cannot be returned nor refunded.

Source: http://www.echinacities.com/shenzhen...this-july.html
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM   #209
DoubleU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nuremberg/Shenzhen
Posts: 319
Likes (Received): 382

One smartcard to rule them all:
Guangdong, Hong Kong team up to offer unified travel card

The transportation smart card acceptable in Guangdong and Hong Kong will be available for sale in both places as of July 18, to unify Hong Kong’s Octopus and Guangdong’s Lingnan Tong into one card.
The card contains two separated accounts for RMB and HKD to comply with the different currencies of the two places. The cardholders can use the card freely in the metro, buses, taxis, ferries and any other retail outlets accepting Octopus or LNT.

The two-in-one card will be available at the customer service centers of Hong Kong’s MTR and Guangdong’s LNT retail counters for RMB 80 or HKD 98 without a refundable deposit and initial value, meaning the new cardholders will have to add money before use. Cardholders can add money to the card in both places with corresponding currency. The card is anonymous, so reporting it as lost is not applicable.

The operators of the card in both places will also issue 3,000 sets of limited edition card at RMB 238 or HKD 298 as of July 2.

According to Liu Xiaohua, deputy director of Guangdong Communications Department, as the LNT card will be accessible in cities like Shenzhen and Dongguan at the end of the year, the new card can be used throughout the province and Hong Kong, and even in Macau in 2013.

Sources:
http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/one-s...d-travel-card/
http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_...92104022.shtml
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #210
bearb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 690
Likes (Received): 423

Grand Theater Station
by 1788111
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #211
bearb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 690
Likes (Received): 423





bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #212
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 2,959
Likes (Received): 602

Did anyone see this in the Wall Street Journal?

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...p-subway-seat/

Apparently there will be VIP cars on the "No.11 Shenzhen railway line." I don't know what that means. Does anyone know anything about this?
__________________
Maine, the Pine Tree State
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #213
Silly_Walks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,727
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Did anyone see this in the Wall Street Journal?

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...p-subway-seat/

Apparently there will be VIP cars on the "No.11 Shenzhen railway line." I don't know what that means. Does anyone know anything about this?
I'm guessing it's comparable to the first class sections on Hong Kong's East Rail line, where you can use your Octopus card to get in there.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #214
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 4,987
Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
One smartcard to rule them all:
Guangdong, Hong Kong team up to offer unified travel card

The transportation smart card acceptable in Guangdong and Hong Kong will be available for sale in both places as of July 18, to unify Hong Kong’s Octopus and Guangdong’s Lingnan Tong into one card.
The card contains two separated accounts for RMB and HKD to comply with the different currencies of the two places. The cardholders can use the card freely in the metro, buses, taxis, ferries and any other retail outlets accepting Octopus or LNT.

The two-in-one card will be available at the customer service centers of Hong Kong’s MTR and Guangdong’s LNT retail counters for RMB 80 or HKD 98 without a refundable deposit and initial value, meaning the new cardholders will have to add money before use. Cardholders can add money to the card in both places with corresponding currency. The card is anonymous, so reporting it as lost is not applicable.

The operators of the card in both places will also issue 3,000 sets of limited edition card at RMB 238 or HKD 298 as of July 2.

According to Liu Xiaohua, deputy director of Guangdong Communications Department, as the LNT card will be accessible in cities like Shenzhen and Dongguan at the end of the year, the new card can be used throughout the province and Hong Kong, and even in Macau in 2013.

Sources:
http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/one-s...d-travel-card/
http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_...92104022.shtml
That is really awesome! For looks and "travel souvenir" it was cool to have separate cards but in reality this is a damn good idea...especially since the entire Pearl River Delta will eventually have one big continuous metro system.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #215
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 2,959
Likes (Received): 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I'm guessing it's comparable to the first class sections on Hong Kong's East Rail line, where you can use your Octopus card to get in there.
But where is this enigmatic "Line 11"?
__________________
Maine, the Pine Tree State
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #216
bearb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 690
Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
But where is this enigmatic "Line 11"?
airport line
dark purple one in the map



bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #217
bearb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 690
Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Did anyone see this in the Wall Street Journal?

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...p-subway-seat/

Apparently there will be VIP cars on the "No.11 Shenzhen railway line." I don't know what that means. Does anyone know anything about this?
It means 'First Class'
There are 8 cars in a train of the Airport Line(former Line 11)
2 of them will be first class and 6 of them will be normal underground/metro/subway setting cars

this line is 51.7 km long and setting 17 stations only
more like a inter-town/city railway than a normal city underground/metro/subway line.
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #218
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 4,987
Likes (Received): 287

There seems to be a lot of stops between the airport and Futian for the airport line? Why so many stops? I thought this was supposed to be an express service? Again I'm comparing this to the Hong Kong Airport Express Line. It would be nice to get from airport to Futian in 20 minutes.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #219
bearb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 690
Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
There seems to be a lot of stops between the airport and Futian for the airport line? Why so many stops? I thought this was supposed to be an express service? Again I'm comparing this to the Hong Kong Airport Express Line. It would be nice to get from airport to Futian in 20 minutes.
yea that's what we are always complaining about =P
but as the government said the route can still manage a 29-minute journey from Airport (T3) to Futian..
well... just under their limitation of expectation which is 30 minutes.......
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #220
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 4,987
Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb View Post
yea that's what we are always complaining about =P
but as the government said the route can still manage a 29-minute journey from Airport (T3) to Futian..
well... just under their limitation of expectation which is 30 minutes.......
That's pretty much on par with Hong Kong's Airport Express with 24 minutes from Airport to Town according to info on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_Express_%28MTR%29

It would be nice if they could get a maglev line between airport and town.

Last edited by FM 2258; July 8th, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
guangdong

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu