daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Qatar > Completed Projects

Old January 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #141
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

Likes (Received): 200

its called a multi use project but to be hpnest we need a hotel..
When you're gone i'll still be Bloody Mary
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #142
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan
its called a multi use project but to be hpnest we need a hotel..
SOME OF THE VILLAS ARE ALLOCATED TO CELEBS LIKE MAJDA AL ROMY AND KATHEM AL SAHER I HEARD
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #143
mj12

Likes (Received): 15

From flickr

sorry for the huge pictures but the bigger the better :P

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

So does anyone know what the blue building is? " definitely not a theme park << what the hell was i thinking "
mj12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM   #144
mj12

Finally!! i have found some information in this blog about the building

The massive structure at the end is actually not a mosque. The plan is for those three "minarets" to be full-fledged office/residential/hotel towers connected to a convention centre at the base. Apparently this element of the plan is still a bit controversial, with some arguing that mosque-like buildings should be mosques, so it is possible that the plan will change.

the source : http://qatarskeptic.blogspot.com/201...sque-tour.html
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:41 PM   #145
Halawala
Fairouzy

Well, the mosque looks HUGE! I wonder how big it will be?! The minarets look at least 200 m high! THey are right next to the St. Regis. Im not sure if the mosque is in the right place--next to a hotel which has a beach and alcohol in it.
Old January 31st, 2012, 05:04 PM   #146
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

Didnt the blog just mention that it is not a mosque ?? but more hotels etc...

IMO its a nice idea, it would look really nice in the horizon and give a new feel to the place.
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:22 PM   #147
Massilia
Qatar forums

Likes (Received): 5

Why not but the location is not appropriate, the Saint Regis is also huge and in a different style, they will clash with each other. Why not at the other end next to the Diplomatic Club... without mentioning that one exit of the Doha Bay Crossing was supposed to be there, although this has maybe changed.
Massilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:26 PM   #148
mj12

Guys the blog guy said that it's a convention center with a hotel not a mosque!! i think the location is really good either the design, not to mention the tunnel that will connect this area with west bay, ndia and the pearl.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #149
mj12

Looks like they're about to change their plan

Katara Urban Planning. Doha, Qatar. 150.000m2. 2011

Our concept for the Phase 4 development establishes urban continuity with the existing built phases of Katara.Our proposed masterplan is developed as a series of intricate and interwoven public spaces which stitch together the six key elements of the program into a single overall vision.

This is done by adopting a predominantly low rise urban scale and interspersing built form with public space including gardens, courtyards and promenades.

The form of the landscaping and in particular the landscaping of the water park is a refl ection of the Katara hills to the west of the site. The incorporation of hills into the water park scheme will also create a gentler, softer backdrop to the phase 4 development.

Katara Shopping Mall. Doha, Qatar. 15,000m2. 2011

The souk and shopping area is located between the four and fi ve star hotels along the seafront. The principle idea for the shopping area is to create an open-lattice arrangement where outdoor public space creates routes and passageways through the retail area in similar way to a traditional souk.

The open lattice arrangement is on two levels and this approach creates a three –dimensional souk experience. The lattice also permits shops to be confi gured as prefabricated units and installed on site.

Katara 4 Star Hotel. Doha, Qatar. 23.000m2. 2011

The four star hotel is located close to the existing Katara development on the north western corner of the site. This location provides the hotel with direct access off the main road which runs into the Katara site from the west. Access to the hotel is also possible from the Boulevard which cuts diagonally through the site connecting Onaiza Road and the airport to Katara.

The hotel itself is split into six smaller blocks with a shared ground fl oor lobby. The lobby will be accessed from the Boulevard or from the pedestrian access off Al Yazwa Public Beach. The ground level area is punctured by courtyards and private gardens which highlight routes and corridors to the different hotel blocks.

Katara 5 Star Hotel. Doha, Qatar. 40.000m2. 2011

The five star hotel is placed on the eastern edge of the site and set apart from the masterplan by a shallow water channel to form an exclusive ‘island’ site. The undulating form of the hotel is defi ned in part by is proximity to the seashore where the North East-South West grid established in the masterplan begins to fl ex. The overall appearance of the hotel and its cluster of smaller islands is the outward expression of the Katara archipelago –like and reminiscent of sea coral.

The hotel itself comprises of four low rise volumes set on a landscape of ‘islands’ which are cut through by shallow water. The volumes are separated at ground level and bridged across at fi rst and second fl oor levels. This approach makes the hotel light on the ground while being permeable and porous to strategic views of Katara from across the bay.

Katara Conference Hall. Doha, Qatar. 2.800m2. 2011

The conference centre is located to the right of the souk and between the four and fi ve star hotels. The building is supported on large stilts placed over the shallow water which separates the fi ve star hotel from the peninsular site. The stilts accommodate vertical circulation lift cores as well as service ducts.

The conference centre is a square building which has emerged from orthogonal urban grid of the phase 4 development. Since the masterplan buildings become softer towards the fi ve star hotel and the water park, the roof of the building is provided with a gently undulating perforated roofscape resembling a sea sponge. The perforations drop courtyard spaces into the mezzanine and ground level areas of the building.

Katara Water Park. Doha, Qatar. 50.000m2. 2011

The design objective is to develop an educational water park concept:

1.-Representing and explaining the landscapes of Qatar 2.-Explaining the water cycle 3.-Creating an Edutainment Centre for exhibitions 4.- Creating unique park attractions which work around overall them.

The water park is divided into six main activity zones- these include the following:

Zone for Edutainment ,Zone for relaxation and hydrotherapy ,Zone for Children, Zone of water rides and slides, Zone for Adults , Zone for mixed / seawater.

Katara Cinema. Doha, Qatar. 5.400m2. 2011

The cinema is located on the south western corner of the site where it will be highly visible to oncoming traffi c along the Onaiza Road. The cinema will this be an urban marker for the Katara development. The scale and massing of the cinema will help to reduce the impact of traffi c noise into the masterplan area. The cinema is accessed either at ground or fi rst fl oor levels through a double height ticket hall atrium space. From here access is provided to a private courtyard area which leads to the main screen room. The courtyard will be used in cooler months for outdoor fi lm receptions or outdoor screening. The rooftop area of the cinema also provides an opportunity for a large scale outdoor seating area which will be used in cooler months for fi lm screening. The rooftop space is aligned to provide sea views through the phase 4 development.

DubaiWorldCentral liked this post
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #150
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj12
Looks like they're about to change their plan

Katara Urban Planning. Doha, Qatar. 150.000m2. 2011

Our concept for the Phase 4 development establishes urban continuity with the existing built phases of Katara.Our proposed masterplan is developed as a series of intricate and interwoven public spaces which stitch together the six key elements of the program into a single overall vision.

This is done by adopting a predominantly low rise urban scale and interspersing built form with public space including gardens, courtyards and promenades.

The form of the landscaping and in particular the landscaping of the water park is a refl ection of the Katara hills to the west of the site. The incorporation of hills into the water park scheme will also create a gentler, softer backdrop to the phase 4 development.

Katara Shopping Mall. Doha, Qatar. 15,000m2. 2011

The souk and shopping area is located between the four and fi ve star hotels along the seafront. The principle idea for the shopping area is to create an open-lattice arrangement where outdoor public space creates routes and passageways through the retail area in similar way to a traditional souk.

The open lattice arrangement is on two levels and this approach creates a three –dimensional souk experience. The lattice also permits shops to be confi gured as prefabricated units and installed on site.

Katara 4 Star Hotel. Doha, Qatar. 23.000m2. 2011

The four star hotel is located close to the existing Katara development on the north western corner of the site. This location provides the hotel with direct access off the main road which runs into the Katara site from the west. Access to the hotel is also possible from the Boulevard which cuts diagonally through the site connecting Onaiza Road and the airport to Katara.

The hotel itself is split into six smaller blocks with a shared ground fl oor lobby. The lobby will be accessed from the Boulevard or from the pedestrian access off Al Yazwa Public Beach. The ground level area is punctured by courtyards and private gardens which highlight routes and corridors to the different hotel blocks.

Katara 5 Star Hotel. Doha, Qatar. 40.000m2. 2011

The five star hotel is placed on the eastern edge of the site and set apart from the masterplan by a shallow water channel to form an exclusive ‘island’ site. The undulating form of the hotel is defi ned in part by is proximity to the seashore where the North East-South West grid established in the masterplan begins to fl ex. The overall appearance of the hotel and its cluster of smaller islands is the outward expression of the Katara archipelago –like and reminiscent of sea coral.

The hotel itself comprises of four low rise volumes set on a landscape of ‘islands’ which are cut through by shallow water. The volumes are separated at ground level and bridged across at fi rst and second fl oor levels. This approach makes the hotel light on the ground while being permeable and porous to strategic views of Katara from across the bay.

Katara Conference Hall. Doha, Qatar. 2.800m2. 2011

The conference centre is located to the right of the souk and between the four and fi ve star hotels. The building is supported on large stilts placed over the shallow water which separates the fi ve star hotel from the peninsular site. The stilts accommodate vertical circulation lift cores as well as service ducts.

The conference centre is a square building which has emerged from orthogonal urban grid of the phase 4 development. Since the masterplan buildings become softer towards the fi ve star hotel and the water park, the roof of the building is provided with a gently undulating perforated roofscape resembling a sea sponge. The perforations drop courtyard spaces into the mezzanine and ground level areas of the building.

Katara Water Park. Doha, Qatar. 50.000m2. 2011

The design objective is to develop an educational water park concept:

1.-Representing and explaining the landscapes of Qatar 2.-Explaining the water cycle 3.-Creating an Edutainment Centre for exhibitions 4.- Creating unique park attractions which work around overall them.

The water park is divided into six main activity zones- these include the following:

Zone for Edutainment ,Zone for relaxation and hydrotherapy ,Zone for Children, Zone of water rides and slides, Zone for Adults , Zone for mixed / seawater.

Katara Cinema. Doha, Qatar. 5.400m2. 2011

The cinema is located on the south western corner of the site where it will be highly visible to oncoming traffi c along the Onaiza Road. The cinema will this be an urban marker for the Katara development. The scale and massing of the cinema will help to reduce the impact of traffi c noise into the masterplan area. The cinema is accessed either at ground or fi rst fl oor levels through a double height ticket hall atrium space. From here access is provided to a private courtyard area which leads to the main screen room. The courtyard will be used in cooler months for outdoor fi lm receptions or outdoor screening. The rooftop area of the cinema also provides an opportunity for a large scale outdoor seating area which will be used in cooler months for fi lm screening. The rooftop space is aligned to provide sea views through the phase 4 development.
Your the man!! Thanks for the great pics and I certainly hope this gets built! The previous render of the huge. Mosque-like structure just looks wrong in the area! It looks very Alladin like
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #151
mj12

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Katara-Phase-IV/2656657

DubaiWorldCentral liked this post
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #152
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 4

This is indeed huge.. Katara hospitality has got some urban designs that is very new to this place.. hope it gets built fast..

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #153
salman515
Smile :)

Likes (Received): 157

Katara hospitality is not responsible about Doha Cultural Village. it just the same name

Katara hospitality previously known as QNHC or Qatar national hotels company which owns Sheraton hotel, ritzs and sharq and I think merweb hotels too.

they changed the name to Katara hospitality early this year.

Last edited by salman515; May 25th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
salman515 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM   #154
expatwinner

Likes (Received): 5

I see that they think that the Doha Bay crossing will exit between Katara and St Regis.
expatwinner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM   #155
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 103

is good to make a water park there but i like the old design
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #156
enysjg

Residential Development

enysjg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #157
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

They are planning on planting the hills, all those black parts are going to be covered by vegetation, it would really make the entire area lovely.
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #158
gulfexpress

Likes (Received): 9

I was wondering what all those sand piles were doing there, should be interesting to see when complete yaaay for more greenery! :p btw, anybody knows what that creepy looking building in pic#3 is?
gulfexpress no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #159
amrja

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfexpress View Post
I was wondering what all those sand piles were doing there, should be interesting to see when complete yaaay for more greenery! :p btw, anybody knows what that creepy looking building in pic#3 is?
The thing that looks like a boob? I think it's supposed to be an observatory shaped like some pottery, but something went wrong during the design process
amrja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #160
mj12

Quote:
anybody knows what that creepy looking building in pic#3 is?
I think you mean the red building, Its called "burga3" in our local dialect, The people that hunt birds with their falcons use it, it's a hobby we call "gana6"

[IMG]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV9bo1DemhLm3NVtMTmykOCogDzjQqLeGBKSasZYXnD13ZBIJpL-nOdcwOJQ[/IMG]

Last edited by mj12; September 15th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.