daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1257 votes, 4.97 average.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #13201
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 276

KSRTC's Driver and Conductor tried earning money illegally

I heard this from my friend who came to Pondicherry from Bangalore this saturday (14th July).

The driver and conductor of KSRTC Rajahamsa were caught red-handed by police after tried to earn money by illegally transporting parcel services to Pondicherry. This happened after a group of 15 North Indians, who were on a tour to South India, were denied space in the Luggage box for keeping their luggages.

It was near Attibale, (sorry if i mis-spelled) Karnataka Border, under the flyover that goes to Hosur. They stopped to load the parcels. The luggage box was full and even the gear box, driver rest bed were also fully loaded. Then the group of North Indians quarelled with the driver and conductor. When all went in vain, they stopped a Police Patrol van and complained them regarding the same. When Police came to know that they were transporting the materials illegally, though it was a foam (toilet soap), they blackmailed that they would complain to KSRTC top-management, they begged the police and the police left them. Then they unloaded the parcels and the luggages were loaded in the luggage box and the bus continued its regular journey.
-
Anand

Last edited by dr_thapalathy; July 15th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #13202
nanjil_jegan

Likes (Received): 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_thapalathy View Post
It was 7th of July, 2012.

It was a disappointing Journey, as the bus, who I was thinking to compete with Private Omni Non-AC buses, was not even able to catch up with the newly inducted 12 M SETC buses.
I used its pair (green guy) towards Nagercoil before 6 mnths. Speed is moderate but the bus interior is better than our SETC. and also most of south bounded SETC (beyond madurai) pulls upto 110 km/hr. So there is no wonder that they overtook PRTC.
nanjil_jegan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #13203
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city

Likes (Received): 1387

Kasrtc new service to Salem?

Is this any new service of Corona Ambari A/C Coach Commenced by Kasrtc in Salem-Banglore route? or it is special weekend service to Salem?
KA-40 F366
Front profile

Closer view

Side view

Rear view
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #13204
CBE PRADEEP
CBE PRADEEP

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
It was an In-built Super Delux, bound to Nagercoil. I am sure it is from TNSTC Tirunelveli. SETC has taken just the Ultra Delux buses of Nagercoil region. The other in-built Super Deluxe buses are yet to be taken over.
TN 74 N 1465 and TN 74 N 1453 Ranithottam built SD busses both were transferred to SETC. Pls visit Mr.Dhandapani's Picaso album,you can watch it in chennai visit album, those pictures taken in CMBT.
CBE PRADEEP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #13205
Reno Ruberts R
Ennum ningalodoppam...

Likes (Received): 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBE PRADEEP View Post
TN 74 N 1465 and TN 74 N 1453 Ranithottam built SD busses both were transferred to SETC. Pls visit Mr.Dhandapani's Picaso album,you can watch it in chennai visit album, those pictures taken in CMBT.
4 Super deluxe buses precisely. TN 74 N 1441, TN 74 1453, TN 74 N 1465 and TN 74 N 1494.
Quote:
It was an In-built Super Delux, bound to Nagercoil. I am sure it is from TNSTC Tirunelveli. SETC has taken just the Ultra Delux buses of Nagercoil region. The other in-built Super Deluxe buses are yet to be taken over.
All the buses of NGL which connect Chennai are transfered to SETC (SD also included in the list). But, due to shortage of drivers in SETC, these buses are now driven by TNSTC drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjil_jegan View Post
most of south bounded SETC (beyond madurai) pulls upto 110 km/hr. So there is no wonder that they overtook PRTC.
Its True. NGL, KKI, MTM and TVM depot SETCs are good in maintenance and speed. The dabba buses of these depots are actually tranfered from SETC depots at East and North part of TN

I have chased 48 seater Nanjil up to 105 Kmph and TVM-BNG 48 seater bus up to 95 Kmph with my 220cc bike.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #13206
superfast444
Nagaraja

Likes (Received): 519

rejagiri Tnstc Salem (Dharmapuri region)
TN-29 N 2392
Tirupathi-Salem viaDharmapuri,Krishnagiri,Kuppam,Balamaneer,Chitoor.

Closer view

I think this is surely built by TNSTC-villupuram CWS or panruti unit...by seeing the front windshield & rear signal light placement it's confirmed....

SF444 Gallery
superfast444 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #13207
CBE PRADEEP
CBE PRADEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Ruberts R View Post
4 Super deluxe buses precisely. TN 74 N 1441, TN 74 1453, TN 74 N 1465 and TN 74 N 1494.

All the buses of NGL which connect Chennai are transfered to SETC (SD also included in the list). But, due to shortage of drivers in SETC, these buses are now driven by TNSTC drivers

Its True. NGL, KKI, MTM and TVM depot SETCs are good in maintenance and speed. The dabba buses of these depots are actually tranfered from SETC depots at East and North part of TN

I have chased 48 seater Nanjil up to 105 Kmph and TVM-BNG 48 seater bus up to 95 Kmph with my 220cc bike.
TVM_BNG really rocks in speed. Once I havd seen this at Omalur tollgate in evening 5.10 pm when it towards TVM. In Bangalore its starting time is 1.35pm. within 4 hours its reaching Salem and it goes inside Hosur and Krishnagiri also.
CBE PRADEEP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #13208
Reno Ruberts R
Ennum ningalodoppam...

Likes (Received): 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfast444 View Post
I think this is surely built by TNSTC-villupuram CWS or panruti unit...by seeing the front windshield & rear signal light placement it's confirmed....
I'm sure this is not by VPM CWS, VPM CWS's profile is unqiue. Might be panruti, Panruti unit comes under Kanchipuram region?

What are the body building unit comes under VPM Division?
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #13209
nanjil_jegan

Likes (Received): 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfast444
rejagiri Tnstc Salem (Dharmapuri region)
TN-29 N 2392
Tirupathi-Salem viaDharmapuri,Krishnagiri,Kuppam,Balamaneer,Chitoor.

Closer view

Is this a new route? Really the rear face is too sexy. Nice capture...
nanjil_jegan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #13210
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city

But Super fast this pic is Tnstc VPM (Cuddalore region) bus see the front profile of this bus in Tnstc SLM bus front profile design Silver grill ,indicators,Head light curves made similar to private body builder i think it is not from Panruti body building unit it is from GS body builders?
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #13211
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city

New Private build TML guy

TN-30 N1111 Fancy no
Salem-Madurai route
Again no body builder tag in this bus

Rear profile

Closer view.
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #13212
Arul Murugan

Likes (Received): 3065

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejagiri View Post
Is this any new service of Corona Ambari A/C Coach Commenced by Kasrtc in Salem-Banglore route? or it is special weekend service to Salem?
KA-40 F366
surprising to see ac service from ksrtc with destination to Salem.. might be they are testing the patronage!!

அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #13213
Evelyn389
BANNED

There is tender released by Transport dept with regads to development of Trichy SETC terminus on PPP model.Check out the link below for the detailed document.Seems a very new initiative.
Evelyn389 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #13214
ignis_s

Quote:

Finally my bus arrived at 10:45 and started at 11 PM. Here also there was another quarrel. I heard that a passenger has been given seat no 56 and there is no seat numbered 56 in the bus. It is a Multi-axle Volvo and it is having 55 seats, with leg rest.
Dude, this is a very bad experience and its a horrible seating arrangement.
The idea seating for a multiaxle volov is 48 seats(+1 middle seat in last row), if its with driver berth then its 44 seats. so 55 seats is really really bad with very less leg space. i would rate universal to be underrated operator. atleast the buses starting from nagercoil route are not at all good.
try parveen benz,RMT and SRM in this route, you will never regret.
ignis_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #13215
smrramesh
வாழ்க வளமுடன்

Likes (Received): 2750

TNSTC-Kumbakonam New Route

TN 55 N 0751 Running Ponnamaravathi-Coimbatore Via Singampunari,Dindigul,Palani,Pollachi

Link
Rear View

Link
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #13216
dhandapanik

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
surprising to see ac service from ksrtc with destination to Salem.. might be they are testing the patronage!!
This Corona AC Ambaari Seater is used only for SPLs. I have seen this many times doing Bangalore-Madurai SPL. They might think of adding some new route.
City Bus Routes:- Madurai || Coimbatore || Erode || Tuticorin
dhandapanik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #13217
ignis_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Ruberts R View Post

from my exp only Nanjil and TNSTC between nagercoil chennai have crossed 100+, rest never crossed beyond 85 from my gps

Last edited by ignis_s; July 16th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
ignis_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #13218
smrramesh
வாழ்க வளமுடன்

Few CBE Clicks

TN 38 N 2662 heading to MTP. Earlier it Run CBE-TVM.

Link
TN 38 N 2633 of MTP-2 Depot Heading to Home From Tanjore

Link
TN 38 N 2346 Jeeva Build Bus of Ukkadam-2 Depot Running Coimbatore-Guruvayur

Link
TN 74 N 1462 NGL Register Bus of CEC Build. Unknown Branch Heading to palani

Link
Rear View

Link
TN 38 N 2532 of POY-2 Depot Heading to Kinathukadavu R.No 33G

Link
TN 38 N 0839 of Karumathampatti Depot R.No 30G. One of My Fav.Design of CEC Build

Link
Finally another one Erstwhile SS Body Bus with Vomitting Livery

Link
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #13219
smrramesh
வாழ்க வளமுடன்

Some Clicks of AE Coach

TN 66 E 7681 Santhanalakshmi Running R.No 85. Nice build

Another one With Same Owner. Running in R.No 77

SPS 3A With Digital Boards and SS Body

THANGARAJA is Waiting in Poy Queue to Departure Pollachi

GANGADHARAN Running Udumalai-Pollachi-Coimbatore Route

SRI RAM City bus of Pollachi. Running R.No 3A
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #13220
Ramesh-NTM

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrramesh View Post
TN 55 N 0751 Running Ponnamaravathi-Coimbatore Via Singampunari,Dindigul,Palani,Pollachi

Link
Rear View

Link
Thanks for this guy's picture. When I spotted this guy 20 days back, he appeared to be without stickers in front windshield, but now got it everywhere. BTW, this is not a new route but 14 years old, AFAIK. There are 2 guys from PDKT region to CBE in this route. 569B departs Ponnamaravathy @ sometime around 6:30 - 7 AM & reaches base depot by ~ 8:15 PM. The other guy 569A departs by ~5 PM & returns to depot by ~7 AM in the morning next day. 569A was actually a yellow goodie from BBB, but understand that also should have been replaced by some home made vomiting liveried guy.

CBE doesn't have pair service in CBE route while TPR region operates a TPR - Ponnamaravathy via Dharapuram, DGL, Natham, Singampunari.

Ramesh

Tags
buses

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: