daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area > Manchester Construction Projects

Manchester Construction Projects Projects being built in Manchester

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #461
Chogmook
Mancunian Member

Likes (Received): 68

How about a new Museum of the Modern City to be located here - on a corner spot near a busy train station...

Sponsored Links

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #462
VDB

Likes (Received): 2863

or a Vimto museum?
VDB está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #463
kids

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin Up View Post
Yes - I realise that but the point I'm making is that it's not the building in the photo that is going to be flattened. Too many people think that this is going. It is the one across the road that will almost certainly disappear.
The building in the photo will probably just become something else run by someone else and may even have similar functions. For me, that would be the best possible outcome from the sorry situation we're now in.

I'm just praying it remains independent somehow, but I do fear a Costa/Nero/Starbucks take over
I can see it being a multi-storey Mojo style bar but I can't see it being used culturally beyond music.

One positive of this development is that at least the view of 1 First Street will be blocked from Whitworth Street by the new Car Park/Hotel, this view will be a little better for it:

image hosted on flickr

With screen 1 no longer lighting up this view in the evenings maybe an idea would be to move the beacon from church street car park to this car park (if church street is being demolished, if not commission a new one from the same guy)
kids no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #464
madferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonedbest View Post
Couldnít care less. All I know is if I was on the other side of the world, I wouldnít be logging into to a ******* forum about a cultural building and a new Lidl proposed on some backstreet of GM. But seen as Iím here on my ledge in Manchester, I may as well.
What is your problem? I don't live in Manchester, but I grew up there and know it very well. I'm interested in learning about how it is continuing to develop, not in reading some sad people that don't want anyone outside the boundaries to contribute.

Maybe we should set up a another forum so you can troll there to your heart's content and those of us with an interest in this fantastic city can discuss what's happening in it and to it.
madferret no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #465
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 3455

Come SB what is up with you these days? Every thread I go on you're either complaining about the proposal or having a spat with a froum member.(that's how and why the Manchester forum died a death a few years back)

Sort your head out that man. You never used to be like this.

Regards.

jrb.
jrb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #466
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Come SB what is up with you these days? Every thread I go on you're either complaining about the proposal or having a spat with a froum member.(that's how and why the Manchester forum died a death a few years back)

Sort your head out that man. You never used to be like this.

Regards.

jrb.
Nah bud. In terms of proposals, there just isn’t than many good ones. It’s easy to say something along the lines of ‘well it's better than nothing in this economic climate,’ but many will question down the line how some of them got passed by planning. We need these building to contain a certain amount of timelessness, not throw away quality and architecture. The 'space filling = taller buildings’ theory is i’m afraid to say, bullshit.

I’m massively sceptical about the CH buildings legacy and I despise the proposal for the First St mixed use development. However, I love One SPQ proposal, plus I’m for the Motel One Hotel (clear out the city weirdos) and I have no comment on a student tower. Nothing much else doing is there?

In terms of the forum, its gone to rat shit over the past 10-12 months, and its not my doing. There’s some real twerps on here, some of whom I’d wager have no friends or bird.

Last edited by Seasonedbest; July 28th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Seasonedbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #467
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madferret View Post
What is your problem? I don't live in Manchester, but I grew up there and know it very well. I'm interested in learning about how it is continuing to develop, not in reading some sad people that don't want anyone outside the boundaries to contribute.

Maybe we should set up a another forum so you can troll there to your heart's content and those of us with an interest in this fantastic city can discuss what's happening in it and to it.
Donít get so offended me hearty. Some real uptight people around who like to 'butt in' these days. Donít forget to wipe the shit off the end of your nose.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #468
VDB

Quote:
In terms of the forum, its gone to rat shit over the past 10-12 months, and its not my doing. Thereís some real twerps on here, some of whom Iíd wager have no friends or bird.
Bitter old man, I can assure you I have plenty of friends (with one right now) and plenty of friends-who-are-girls (not a "bird" though, but watch this space).

Not that it's any of your business of course, but I manage to separate my life on here with my social life, otherwise I would appear quite sad.. (not that I'm ashamed of what I know and love, though)
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #469
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
Bitter old man, I can assure you I have plenty of friends (with one right now) and plenty of friends-who-are-girls (not a "bird" though, but watch this space).

Not that it's any of your business of course, but I manage to separate my life on here with my social life, otherwise I would appear quite sad.. (not that I'm ashamed of what I know and love, though)
Have the school holidays started then? Looks like a contender steps to the fold. Your timings impeccable Edward, a prime example of what I was talking about. You have no life experience and recite your Geography GCSE, and by the looks of things, is just what everyone wants to read.
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #470
VDB

Quote:
Have the school holidays started then? Looks like a contender steps to the fold. Your timings impeccable Edward, a prime example of what I was talking about. You have no life experience and recite your Geography GCSE, and by the looks of things, is just what everyone wants to read.
Urgh, you know what; **** it. You're not worth it
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #471
madferret

Quote:
Donít get so offended me hearty.
Too late.
madferret no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #472
Slow Burn
Consumed

Likes (Received): 1210

Please don't quote him. Myself and half the members of this forum have him on ignore and believe me it's so much better visiting the forum when you're spared from his 'contributions'.
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #473
Slow Burn
Consumed

Likes (Received): 1210

And Seasonedbest, if you really think that the forum has been shit for the last 12 months why do you still bother coming here? It may not be you're doing but I'd say for the vast majority you are making it much worse. You did used to contribute but the truth is you now contribute nothing and haven't for some time. Go find your self girlfriend or some friends as you're clearly projecting and don't have either of these. I have both and even if others on this forum don't it really doesn't matter and they're clearly not bothered as they're not trolling and projecting their bitterness of how shit life is like you.

You say the forum is shit and you contribute nothing yet you're on here every single day. You're just confirming to everyone that you have nothing better to do except log in everyday to see who you can take your frustrations out on next.
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #474
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Burn View Post
And Seasonedbest, if you really think that the forum has been shit for the last 12 months why do you still bother coming here? It may not be you're doing but I'd say for the vast majority you are making it much worse. You did used to contribute but the truth is you now contribute nothing and haven't for some time. Go find your self girlfriend or some friends as you're clearly projecting and don't have either of these. I have both and even if others on this forum don't it really doesn't matter and they're clearly not bothered as they're not trolling and projecting their bitterness of how shit life is like you.

You say the forum is shit and you contribute nothing yet you're on here every single day. You're just confirming to everyone that you have nothing better to do except log in everyday to see who you can take your frustrations out on next.
You're too serious. You’ve just wasted 15 minutes of your life expressing yourself on an internet forum and cut and pasted what I've just said. I understand your intensely passionate about Manchester and trains, but you’re a mug for responding to me.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #475
iheartthenew

Likes (Received): 857

Wow SB, you really are a certifiable sociopath and a complete bell-end. Why do YOU continue to waste your time here? Do you get some perverse pleasure in generally boring us with your tedious insults? So sad
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #476
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthenew View Post
Wow SB, you really are a certifiable sociopath and a complete bell-end. Why do YOU continue to waste your time here? Do you get some perverse pleasure in generally boring us with your tedious insults? So sad
Another mug.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #477
iheartthenew

Likes (Received): 857

Nah, you're the mug LOL
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #478
rolybling
CAN'T BE ARSED

Likes (Received): 83

rolybling está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #479
M60

Likes (Received): 73

Let's get back to the thread.
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #480
Radley

Likes (Received): 5

Could be called HOME according to Phil Griffin, writer and talker on city things, who has been asking council and Creative Concern, agency advising on the name, on Twitter tonight. No reply. So far.
Radley no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
arts, culture, theatre, theatres

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: