daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > Moçambique > Projectos e Construção

Projectos e Construção Desenvolvimento em Moçambique | Developments in Mozambique

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #241
HansonHood

Likes (Received): 0

Things are really happening very fast in the Construction Industry in Mozambique. Really happy about that.

I just want to share and notify all about the forth coming Mozambique’s International Building Materials and Construction Technology Conference & Exhibition taking place in Maputo at the Girassol Indy Congress Hotel, Mozambique on November 26 - 28, 2012.

See the website on www.mozbuild.com

MozBuild 2012 is the only international event for the construction industry in Mozambique designed to assemble top international and national executives and key decision makers in the industry to share best practices, network and gain insights that will drive investment in the country as well as aid growth in the economy.

For more details, you can call TEL: + 44 (0) 207 700 4949

There are opportunities to exhibit too.
HansonHood no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #242
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

Likes (Received): 5479

Yap, muito obrigado pela sua infor,acao!
Valeuuuuu
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #243
alama
¡Oye, brode!

Likes (Received): 1167

Quote:
Mozambique: Chinese Contractor Hands Over Airport Terminal

Maputo — The Chinese company Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Group (AFECC) on Wednesday provisionally handed over the new domestic terminal at Maputo International Airport, to its owner the Mozambican Airports Company, ADM.

According to the director of the airport project, Acacio Tuendue, cited in Friday's issue of the Maputo daily "Noticias", the provisional delivery marks the end of construction work on the terminal.

"It was 20 months of work which began with the demolition of the old passenger terminal", he said. "We've amazed ourselves because, with this terminal, we've managed to improve greatly in terms of quality when compared with the international terminal".

Tuendue claimed that the standards of comfort for passengers in the domestic terminal are comparable "with many airports in developed countries".

The new terminal has two broad and modern halls, with the capacity to attend to 580 passengers an hour at peak times. There are 14 check-in counters equipped with modern technology, plus a shopping area. The terminal cost 36 million US dollars.

Tuendue added that, under the contract with AFECC, the Chinese company must repair any anomaly that occurs within a year of the handover, and within five years in the case of the terminal roof.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201210060066.html
alama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #244
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

passarei por la na minha ida ao Bazaruto depois da proxima semana ,,, se for possivel tirarei alguns shots!
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #245
blantyre bazaar

Likes (Received): 590

Faz isso Kangaroo e na minha volta de Dublin certamente farei o mesmo !

"Utopias are often nothing more but premature truths"
- Alphonse de Lamartine, 1823
blantyre bazaar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #246
Astmathic
Me, myself and I

Likes (Received): 3

Hey i was just wondering, isn't the airport located to close to the city?
I mean if they would expand it to the size of say Johannesburg's international airport would they have the space or would they need to move the slums/housing areas located nearby?
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #247
Paperyostrich
Geography Geek :D

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astmathic View Post
I mean if they would expand it to the size of say Johannesburg's international airport would they have the space or would they need to move the slums/housing areas located nearby?
Well the airport is more or less in the city itself. But I personally don't think expansion could be that much of a problem. I think that as long as the airport is managed right then it's capacity can be greatly increased.

Take Gatwick airport as an example. They have 2 runways, yet they are one of the UK's busiest airport, and it's all because planes are put into strict timetables of when they can arrive and leave, creating a steady stream of aircraft. Now Maputo has one runway, but there is also a disused one, and although its small I think there is enough space to expand it a little bit more, all it needs is some rehabilitating.

With the buildings, as the new ones are built, they can be upgraded further when the airports passenger numbers rise. So its not really a problem for expansion. Just because an airport is busy, it dosent mean you need 6 runways or 20 terminals for example, the more efficiant the airport the more passangers it can hold.
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #248
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

Papery good explanation
Quote:
It is within the city but in the suburbs,,,about 4 miles away from the central district so there's no problem. And there's a height restriction in the area surrounding the airport, etc which implies there's no risk.
if they would want to expand it they can do it eastward cuz there's still some space left without the need to move the slums around it.
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #249
kitabulu

Likes (Received): 92

Aeroporto de Maputo: Terminal doméstico começa a operar

http://www.jornalnoticias.co.mz/pls/...ntentx/1521163
Aeroporto de Maputo: Terminal doméstico começa a operar

O novo terminal devia (deve) ter começado a funcionar hoje, mas pelos menos de manhã ainda embarquei no velho terminal provisório.
kitabulu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #250
Astmathic
Me, myself and I

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo MZ View Post
Papery good explanation

It is within the city but in the suburbs,,,about 4 miles away from the central district so there's no problem. And there's a height restriction in the area surrounding the airport, etc which implies there's no risk.
if they would want to expand it they can do it eastward cuz there's still some space left without the need to move the slums around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperyostrich View Post
Well the airport is more or less in the city itself. But I personally don't think expansion could be that much of a problem. I think that as long as the airport is managed right then it's capacity can be greatly increased.

Take Gatwick airport as an example. They have 2 runways, yet they are one of the UK's busiest airport, and it's all because planes are put into strict timetables of when they can arrive and leave, creating a steady stream of aircraft. Now Maputo has one runway, but there is also a disused one, and although its small I think there is enough space to expand it a little bit more, all it needs is some rehabilitating.

With the buildings, as the new ones are built, they can be upgraded further when the airports passenger numbers rise. So its not really a problem for expansion. Just because an airport is busy, it dosent mean you need 6 runways or 20 terminals for example, the more efficiant the airport the more passangers it can hold.
Ah okej, good to know. I worried we would have a lot of problems with that in the future... Maybe they will build a new one faraway from the city when this one air traffic capacity is full. Just like Hong Kong did.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #251
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

Quote:
Ah okej, good to know. I worried we would have a lot of problems with that in the future... Maybe they will build a new one faraway from the city when this one air traffic capacity is full. Just like Hong Kong did.
That would cost a lot of money. The best thing is to expand the existing one,,,But not in the near future.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #252
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

Foto nocturna da terminal.
image hosted on flickr

Cortesia de ncamilo - flickr
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #253
lady gaga
A Flyist

Likes (Received): 421

the Maputo cheap sign is ruining the beauty of the terminal couldnt they made one more elegant and classy
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #254
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

of all things you had to pick on the sign
Plus it is not cheap,,,
Once the work is completely done it'll read as follows:
Maputo International Airport

Classy and elegant? For example?
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #255
lady gaga
A Flyist

lol i didn't meant that i meant the sign it self looks like a bar sign lol

Example Schiphol airport

Old November 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #256
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

both look okay to me.
and nooo lol it does not look like a bar sign.
besides, we should not copy everything people do.
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #257
lady gaga
A Flyist

i didnt pointed out that you should copy lol in fact if you are what saying is true than you guys are copying the bar signs an innovative classy sign would do it with the gorgeous terminal
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #258
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

erm,,, the old terminal had a red sign as well,,,how's that copying?
IMO it looks fine.
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #259
lady gaga
A Flyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo MZ View Post
erm,,, the old terminal had a red sign as well,,,how's that copying?
IMO it looks fine.
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #260
Kangaroo MZ
super bien

I said IMO [in my opinion].