daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area > Greater Manchester Transport Projects

Greater Manchester Transport Projects Transport Matters For Greater Manchester and Surrounding Areas

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #4321
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 2514

Oh FFS, when will you lot ever learn? LNGCats is spot on.(as well ás others)

Feed the fire and it will consume you. Deprive it of oxygen and it will die.
jrb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #4322
Sir Miles Platting

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Oh FFS, when will you lot ever learn? LNGCats is spot on.(as well ás others)

Feed the fire and it will consume you. Deprive it of oxygen and it will die.
The problem is jerbs, that there is always someone, usually a new or young poster who doesn't know his history who will respond.

It doesn't really matter that much anyway, because before long, I think his long term carers will be reducing his 'computer priviliges'.
Sir Miles Platting no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #4323
LNGCats

Likes (Received): 326

but it is not newbies responding to him, it is people that should know better.

i have sloyne on ignore, it makes this place much better, alas, there are enough folks to get sucked in B him to quote him over and over, thread after thread.

If a newbie were to buy into his crap it is much easier to stop them than the numerous people who have been on here who are giving him exactly what he wants.

what do you all think is going to happen? if you run enough threads he will admit the error of his ways? are you that naive?

2+2=4 no matter what your opinion is

My favourite colour being red makes me no more or less intelligent than someone who prefers green.
LNGCats no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4324
EuxTex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Miles Platting View Post
The problem is jerbs, that there is always someone, usually a new or young poster who doesn't know his history who will respond.

It doesn't really matter that much anyway, because before long, I think his long term carers will be reducing his 'computer priviliges'.
My participation in this thread was prompted by a reference to myself (EuxTex) in post #4253 posted by TheFly. being an American I am kinda partial to "free speech" and the right to respond when maligned. I did so and you Mancs, as usual, thought I should not. Why wouldn't you admonish TheFly for his provocation, thus giving me the opportunity to respond? British fair play you say.

Yeah, like my signature notes, Karl Pilkington is not a one off.
EuxTex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #4325
TheFly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuxTex View Post
My participation in this thread was prompted by a reference to myself (EuxTex) in post #4253 posted by TheFly. being an American I am kinda partial to "free speech" and the right to respond when maligned. I did so and you Mancs, as usual, thought I should not. Why wouldn't you admonish TheFly for his provocation, thus giving me the opportunity to respond? British fair play you say.

Yeah, like my signature notes, Karl Pilkington is not a one off.
Quote:
9 years on here and the Sloyne/Eurotex style lying, slander and misrepresentation is far more common than ever before.
Yup. There is the `provocation'.

You are Sloyne, you are a liar and you have slandered me.

If you are not Sloyne, follow the procedures

Tick tock.

Weird thing is I love the US, as Sloyne knows! I have no loathing of scousers. Liverpool fans, god yes>tear gas United, Shit throwing, Hysel, ambulance attacking.

How can you hate all Mancs? Not logical.
TheFly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #4326
EuxTex
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
How can you hate all Mancs? Not logical.
I don't, that is your (constant) accusation and there is nothing I can do to stop you so, I respond in kind and, will continue to do so whenever you use my name in one of your posts. Also, I don't even hate you, despite your provocations and slander. I don't know you to hate you. I dislike your online persona though. I don't hate all Mancs, I do dislike most Mancs I have met. I dislike your city and find it dirty, damp, dismal, drab and dull. I also dislike the false claims (you know what they are) your city and it's inhabitants make and will continue to do so.

Leave my name out of your posts, unless you want me to respond, and I will have no reason to reply. Stop claiming other city's accolades and I won't be compelled to correct you. Quite simple really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
If you are not Sloyne, follow the procedures
I have nothing to prove to you, or anyone else on these forums. What I will say is this; I invite you to disclose any and everything you think you know about me on open forum. If you are taking advice and, using information supplied by the "Idiot from Lydiate" and you feel that I am the person he claims I am, who lives in either Brampton (or is it Hamilton?) Canada, then be very careful, because I am not who he claims I am and, you may find yourself in a little trouble.

Last edited by EuxTex; August 9th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
EuxTex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #4327
oscar9

Likes (Received): 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuxTex View Post
A wool who can't read!!! I wrote; "most Mancs I have met". I have not or, ever wish, to meet you.

Why don't you go to another thread and continue this discussion there, instead of derailing this thread? Remember what I said? I said I entered this discussion because of my name being linked, AS USUAL, by Mancs.
And most Mancs I have met also !, or did you not read that bit
BTW Do you really think I would want to meet an arsehole like you?, just go away
oscar9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #4328
hulmeman2

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar9 View Post
And most Mancs I have met also !, or did you not read that bit
BTW Do you really think I would want to meet an arsehole like you?, just go away
Please don't respond to it, you're doing exactly what it wants, you're feeding it!
hulmeman2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #4329
LNGCats

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar9
, just go away
I am starting to think you are as much of a troll as Sloyne, why otherwise are you doing this?

My favourite colour being red makes me no more or less intelligent than someone who prefers green.

Last edited by LNGCats; August 9th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #4330
jrb
10th February 2008

Oscar, come to Daddy.

A quiet word in your shell Son.(gives him a hug)

Reply to him once more and..........
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #4331
oscar9

Likes (Received): 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Oscar, come to Daddy.

A quiet word in your shell Son.(gives him a hug)

Reply to him once more and..........
I do apologise , I will not be responding to him any more , he is a waste of space as a human,wasting my personal time, and sending the thread off course

Amen
oscar9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #4332
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar9 View Post
I do apologise , I will not be responding to him any more , he is a waste of space as a human,wasting my personal time, and sending the thread off course

Amen
No need to apologise Oscar.

Just glad we saved you from the Pipe Piper.
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4333
CHAPS2034
Chris W

Likes (Received): 122

Some real news from the Airport. MEN Report from Thursday.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...hester-airport

I'm sure the original had an airport spokesman saying something like we are doing maintenance at this time of year as we don't expect fog....... Or maybe I'm just imagining it.....

The maintenance seems to be on the ILS, which is downgraded to Category 1 and according to the NOTAM will be like this until 20th September. If this is the case, then expect more of the same throughout the next few weeks. Strange time of year to be doing this - late summer and into early autumn when fog is quite likely.
CHAPS2034 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #4334
TheFly
BANNED

Yeah, i was not aware of any climatic change throughout the year. Winters have been dryer than summers for 2 of the last 3 years.
TheFly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #4335
LNGCats

CAA provisional stars confirm 2.6% growth for July.

Quite amazingly bad figures for a loss of other airports.

Nearly 2m more passengers now compared to stansted.

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #4336
WatcherZero

Its amazing considering according to the inflation figures airfares are up 20% year on year.
WatcherZero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #4337
LNGCats

I wonder if the budget airline advantage is narrowing given the difference in prices is proportionally narrowing.

Old August 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #4338
poshbakerloo
***Alexxx***

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPS2034
Some real news from the Airport. MEN Report from Thursday.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...hester-airport

I'm sure the original had an airport spokesman saying something like we are doing maintenance at this time of year as we don't expect fog....... Or maybe I'm just imagining it.....
I thought flights couldn't take off or land until 6am, when the fog apparently cleared? Or is it just take offs which are restricted

I <3 London
poshbakerloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4339
CHAPS2034
Chris W

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshbakerloo View Post
I thought flights couldn't take off or land until 6am, when the fog apparently cleared? Or is it just take offs which are restricted
Never been a total ban on flights at night, but there are certain restrictions. Basically there is a ban on certain types, but others can operate.

This from the Manchester page of the UK Air Pilot

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadba...2012-06-28.pdf

UK AIP for Manchester, para 2.21a
v. To minimise disturbance in areas adjacent to the airport, Captains are requested to avoid the use of reverse thrust after landing, consistent
with safe operation of the aircraft, especially between 2300 and 0700 (local time)

ix. Every aircraft using the airport shall, after take-off or 'go around' be operated in the quietest possible manner, aircraft exceeding 90 dB(A)
(103 PNdB) by day (0700-2300 local time) and 83 dB(A) (96 PNdB) by night (2300-0700 local time) at the relevant monitoring points will be
subject to a penalty of £750 sterling by day and £750 sterling by night plus an additional £150 sterling for each decibel thereafter

Para 2.21 f. Night Jet Restrictions/Allocations

i. Runway 23L/05R will not normally be used between 2200-0600 (local) except when Runway 23R/05L is closed for maintenance

ii. Manchester Airport operates a night Jet Policy restricting operations of certain types of aircraft during the periods of 2300-0700 hours (local).

iii. The penalty scheme will be administered by a panel set up under the auspices of the Scheduling Committee which includes members of
the Airlines Operators Committee and the Airport Authority

iv. Records of night infringements for this purpose will be available to the co-ordinators at the IATA scheduling conferences for summer
seasons.

v. Between the hours of 2300 to 0600 local, visual approaches will not be permitted. Aircraft shall be positioned, by radar, to join the final
approach at a distance of not less than 7 nm from touchdown. This restriction does not apply to non jet aircraft whose MTWA is 5700 kg or
below

g. Scheduling Restrictions
i. Between 2330 and 0559 (local) QC4 aircraft will not be scheduled to depart.

h. Operational Restrictions
i. Between 2300 and 0659 (local) QC16 and QC8 aircraft will not be allowed to arrive or depart, except in case of emergency or where exempt
CHAPS2034 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #4340
jrb
10th February 2008

MEN.

Quote:
Flights between Manchester and London are at the centre of a legal row between Virgin Atlantic and British Airways after a ruling whch has given Sir Richard Branson cause for more anger.

Sir Richard, smarting after Virgin Rail last week lost out to FirstGroup in the race to win the West Coast main line franchise, is furious that BA parent IAG will operate more than 100 services a week to the capital as a result of its £90m swoop for bmi.

The Virgin Atlantic founder says IAG should have been ordered to give up some of the slots when it bought bmi from Lufthansa in April, and is planning a legal challenge against the European Commission.

When the deal was give the green light, competition chiefs said that, because there are train services between Manchester and London, passengers do not need to be given a choice of airlines with which to fly.

But Virgin has rejected that, and has criticised the speed at which the EU reached its decision.

A Virgin spokesman said: “Virgin Atlantic is preparing to appeal the European Commission's decision to allow IAG to acquire bmi.

“We believe the decision was flawed for a number of reasons, and the way in which the Commission ignored Manchester is part of the case we are building.

“Hundreds of thousands of passengers fly between Manchester and Heathrow every year, the majority of them connecting to other destinations around the world.

“These passengers now only have one option. We are confident our appeal will result in the Commission having to reassess its position about preserving competition on this, and other, vital routes.”

Based on summer 2011 schedules, BA operates 79 weekly flights to Heathrow, Gatwick and London City airports. Bmi ran 35 services.

The EU's ruling on the deal said that, at the time, Virgin trains offered 45 daily services between Manchester and London, with a train leaving every 20 minutes.

It added that journey times were similar by rail and by plane, meaning there was sufficient competition.

But Virgin says up to 70 per cent of all those people flying between Manchester and London travel on to other destinations around the world, while the same cannot be said about rail users.

It says that means IAG has an unfair advantage over other carriers as a result of the decision not to force it to give up some of its Manchester slots.

IAG was ordered to give up landing slots at Aberdeen and Edinburgh.

An IAG spokeswoman said: “There has been proper analysis by European Commission. We were talking to them for six months about this process and they did a very thorough and detailed examination of the case.

“The European Commission listened to all stakeholders’ arguments and approved the deal.”

Tags
airport, airports of north england

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: