daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East

Middle East » Bahrain | Israel | Iran | Iraq | Jordan | Kuwait | Lebanon | Qatar | Saudi Arabia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #261
I Know

Likes (Received): 5

Looks like a reshuffle at the top was only a matter of time to progress forward

The new chief executive officer of Oman Air will be finalised in the next 10 days, it has been claimed.

Peter Hill, the national carrier’s existing CEO, is expected to retire in December 2011 following a three-year stint at Oman Air and a replacement has apparently been drafted.

“Initially I was set to retire in September 2011 but I agreed to delay the final date by a few months to enable the board of directors more time to source my successor,” he confirmed to Aviation Business magazine during the Dubai Airshow 2011 last week.

“However, this time around, I am definitely leaving and will move to Sri Lanka. In terms of my replacement, I believe someone will be finalised in the next 10 days. An announcement is imminent,” he added.

British Midlands International CEO Wolfgang Prock-Schauer has long been touted by the media as a potential candidate for the position, although Oman Air officials have since ruled the executive out.

“I know a few people have been shortlisted and an announcement will be made very soon to end the speculation,” Hill told Aviation Business magazine in August 2011. “I’m sure the choice will be good for Oman Air and whoever is eventually selected, hopefully they will lead the airline to breakeven in the near future.”

Oman Air announced an order for six Boeing 787-8s at last week’s Dubai Airshow, which will be powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines. The airline completed an arrangement with Boeing and Kuwait-based leasing company ALAFCO to transfer existing orders for the six Dreamliners from ALAFCO to Oman Air.

"Our decision to order the 787-8 is part of Oman Air's long-term growth strategy to expand and modernise our fleet with newer, more fuel-efficient airplanes," said Hill. "We see direct benefits because of the Dreamliner's fuel efficiency and operating economics as well as the enhanced travel experience that Oman Air will be able to offer its customers aboard this airplane."
http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/ar...utive-officer/
I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 24th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #262
I Know

Full list of current airframes

http://www.planespotters.net/Product...t/Country/Oman
Old November 24th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #263
I Know

Thought this might be on interest, all the LatestDeliveries to airlines made this month

http://www.planespotters.net/LatestDeliveries
Old November 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #264
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Know View Post
Thought this might be on interest, all the LatestDeliveries to airlines made this month

http://www.planespotters.net/LatestDeliveries
I didnt know there is a LatestDeliveries TAB here!
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM   #265
I Know

Oman Air orders new engines

http://www.businesstoday.co.om/disCon.aspx?Cval=1307
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:34 AM   #266
I Know

Gulf carriers cancel flights, warn of disruption

Due to the announcement of the strike by the UK Border Control Authority at all airports in the United Kingdom on November 30, some of the Gulf carriers have predicted significant disruption and extensive delays for passengers at arrival and departure in and out of the United Kingdom.

However, Oman Air has announced that there have been no changes in its flight schedule so far. “We are monitoring the situation very closely,” an official source from Oman Air said.
Meanwhile, Emirates has cancelled the flights EK029 — from Dubai International Airport to London Heathrow on November 30 and EK030 — from London Heathrow to Dubai International Airport on November 30.

http://www.timesofoman.com/echoice.asp?detail=52396
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:44 AM   #267
I Know

Mid-air collision averted after flight strays from path

A mid-air collision between an Air Arabia flight and a Qatar Airways, which could have killed hundreds of passengers, was averted on Wednesday. The two flights were passing through the city early on Wednesday morning when the incident occurred. One of the planes had allegedly strayed from its dedicated flight path.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...e1-776339.aspx
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #268
Kathying
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

This thread is gona rock!
Kathying no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #269
adpowerae
Load Bank Fujarah

Load Bank Fujarah

Adpower’s load bank fujarah-powered generator outclasses competition on many fronts. Being a technically- proficient company, we choose the right-size engines & alternators.
adpowerae no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #270
alandavid

Great post keep posting such posts. Due to this post every one will know about these things.
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #271
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Likes (Received): 1294

can anyone tell us what kind of project syira need!!

Kingdom Tower

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=525819
압둘라-爱- LOVE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #272
billding

Likes (Received): 205

Emirates are said to be looking at Brussels for August launch.
billding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #273
Slemani

Likes (Received): 31

Hewler/Erbil International Airport - Kurdistan

It has the 5th longest runway in world, and is one of only 4 category II Airports in the Middle East.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXelrZAqcI

Dont know how to add videos. Thats a video about the airport.

Slemani International Airport - Kurdistan

Under construction: Duhok International Airport - Kurdistan (Sorry for bad quality pictures)

iraqidabab, Khaleejian liked this post
Slemani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #274
iraqidabab

Likes (Received): 2581

Nice airports Iraq has
iraqidabab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #275
iraqidabab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slemani View Post

Slemani liked this post
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #276
Khaleejian
Mr. Jihad

Likes (Received): 530

nice airports, kurdistan

goodluck with your independence

Slemani liked this post
Khaleejian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #277
Slemani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleejian View Post
nice airports, kurdistan

goodluck with your independence
Thank you very much, my friend

Iraqidabab: Iraq also have some nice airports, like that in Baghdad and the one that was planned to be built in samarra Thanks for fixing the video
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #278
iraqidabab

Quote:
Thank you very much, my friend

Iraqidabab: Iraq also have some nice airports, like that in Baghdad and the one that was planned to be built in samarra Thanks for fixing the video
Negative

Until independence the name remains Iraq, that said the airport was paid by money from -> Iraq, whether liked or not official is what counts so in this case, Iraq has nice airports like that in Baghdad, Basra, Arbil & Mosul.
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #279
Slemani

Officially the name remains Iraqi Kurdistan/Iraq,yes. But we both know how that relates to the fact on the ground. Kurdistan is pretty much independent in everything from Baghdad except economical. Baghdad's economic power over Kurdistan will also be gone by the end of the year (the oil will flow independently in the coming days/weeks, and will generate more or less the same amount of wealth as we got from the 11% in the starting months. Capacity will be increased to 500 000 barrels by the mid-end of 2014. More pipelines are already being negotiated on), effectively making Kurdistan independent from Baghdad unofficially. Maybe even officially if our politicians give up on the 11% KRG gets from Baghdad (which i doubt they will).

Yes, i know it was paid for by the 11% from Baghdad. That 11% ("Officially" 17%) we get from Iraq is whats kept us part of Iraq until now.
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #280
iraqidabab

Quote:
Officially the name remains Iraqi Kurdistan/Iraq,yes. But we both know how that relates to the fact on the ground. Kurdistan is pretty much independent in everything from Baghdad except economical. Baghdad's economic power over Kurdistan will also be gone by the end of the year (the oil will flow independently in the coming days/weeks, and will generate more or less the same amount of wealth as we got from the 11% in the starting months. Capacity will be increased to 500 000 barrels by the mid-end of 2014. More pipelines are already being negotiated on), effectively making Kurdistan independent from Baghdad unofficially. Maybe even officially if our politicians give up on the 11% KRG gets from Baghdad (which i doubt they will).

Yes, i know it was paid for by the 11% from Baghdad. That 11% ("Officially" 17%) we get from Iraq is whats kept us part of Iraq until now.
I hope officially so they quit stealing our money, but the thing is even if Iraq cuts the 17% you cannot leave, leave = declaration of war with Iraq unless Iraq accepts it since KRG is controlling non KRG lands which they wont as stated before by gov & armed forces commanders. On the other side Turkey&Iran oppose it.
Tarazani himself called the cutting of the budget a declaration of war but he's too weak to act militarily.
Sadly, your crew is tied to us whether we or you like it or not.

However going back to the point, as you said indeed.
OFFICIALY: The name remains Iraq, on SSC we use official data/sources, no RBK mickey mouse shit.