daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iran > Construction & Development Issues > Projects and Construction Updates > North-East region > Mashhad

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #41
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 29

Mashhad recieves around 20 million tourist a year. Mostly domestic but also foreign. That is why there are so many projects.
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 7th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #42
soheilz

Likes (Received): 6

Wow I had no idea Mashhad was such a popular tourist destination! I guess most of the millions of tourists are Shia muslims going for pilgrimage or something. That's interesting. Are there other tourist sites in Mashhad that would attract other types of domestic or foreign tourists? Maybe like historical and cultural sites or something? Would it be worth my time visiting Mashhad too next year when I visit iran? I'm not really interested in the holy sites (unless they are interesting to see).
soheilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #43
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 1716

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheilz View Post
Wow I had no idea Mashhad was such a popular tourist destination! I guess most of the millions of tourists are Shia muslims going for pilgrimage or something. That's interesting. Are there other tourist sites in Mashhad that would attract other types of domestic or foreign tourists? Maybe like historical and cultural sites or something? Would it be worth my time visiting Mashhad too next year when I visit iran? I'm not really interested in the holy sites (unless they are interesting to see).
not sure, there is ferdosi's tomb, and one of nader shahs pavillions ( i think its in mashhad)
other than that, mashhad has lost alot of history
there is no more old core , its gone

[/URL]
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #44
soheilz

Likes (Received): 6

Thanks. That's sad to hear
soheilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #45
soorena

Likes (Received): 215

this is good, since we have a lack in hotels in my opinion.
soorena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #46
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheilz View Post
Yes exactly. But religious tourism has beceome like going to disney nowadays. Most go shopping, sightseeing, and to the adventure parks. For example irans largest water park is in mashhad. The malls are very nice as well. Mashhad has some original iranian department stores that were started in mashhad years ago. They are similar to large department stores in the west like macys or galeria kaufhof. The riligous places are also nice to see as they are Irans vatican. Huge, a city in a city, and good architecture. There are museums within site.
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #47
hey dude

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
Yes exactly. But religious tourism has beceome like going to disney nowadays. Most go shopping, sightseeing, and to the adventure parks. For example irans largest water park is in mashhad. The malls are very nice as well.
I'm from mashhad and i lived there.i really don't think religious cities like mashhad has become like "disney" or is going to.they're kind of boring.after 30 years of revolution people still go to shandiz for spending their time.
except of proma, there is not great mall or place in mashhad to spend their time.
also the water park is a bit far.
Tehran still is a lot better.
hey dude está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #48
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey dude View Post
I'm from mashhad and i lived there.i really don't think religious cities like mashhad has become like "disney" or is going to.they're kind of boring.after 30 years of revolution people still go to shandiz for spending their time.
except of proma, there is not great mall or place in mashhad to spend their time.
also the water park is a bit far.
Tehran still is a lot better.
I dont mean mashhad has become disney, i mean the expierence of a pilgrimage has changed. Nowadays, most of peoples time is spent on side events like shopping and sightseeing. Ironicly, in orlando home of disney the sights are also far away between 30-45 mins drive.
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #49
Ahura_Mazda

Likes (Received): 55

There are always note that AKhonds talking about Mahshad which is going to be like Mecca (Skyline) and they are against it. They mention, we should not make any building taller than Marghd-Emam Reza.

We need a mega city in Khorasan, when there is a big city it help to grow that region, scientifically, industrially, and ... like Neyshabour during Khayyam time.

I think government/Investor should spend more money in Neyshabour and not Mashhad. Mahshad even does not has the potential to grow a football team (Look to ABouMoslem).

Only population grow and city is getting big and crap while you can do nothing, sad and religious and akhonds prevent to bring there happiness or an young atmosphere.

Soon, when you government change and people will stop going to Mashahad, mostly go to Shomal, SHiraz, Kish, ... I think we will see lots of poverty and unemployment in Mashhad.

Many of these 20M tourist are forced to go there like students who go to "Ordoo" like what they have for SHalamche and so on.
Ahura_Mazda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #50
Binaloud

Likes (Received): 135

Mashhad's importance and growth does not come from the religious base only and I don't think Mashhadis will starve to death if the regime changes. Its importance also does not come from the religious 'ordoo' or craps like that either. Remember Mashhad is next to the historic City of Tus and its growth started when Tus begin to go down. Emam Reza himself came to this region because Tus was of a huge political and cultural importance at that time.

Before revolution, Mashad, Tabriz and Esfahan size, importance and population were very much similar to each other and religion was not playing a role at that time. Mashhad contribution to modern Iranian economy, politics, art, science, art and specially literature is obvious in the past and present. Remember Iran Khodrou started with khayami in Mashhad in a repair garage and other big names like Bahar, Akhavan sales, Shajarian and so many other famous Mashadis had no preference and had nothing to do with religion.

Even for the tourism, Most of the tourists vising Mashhad are not really coming for the Shrine only. They come because Mashhad, with Iranian standards of course, offers them a lot more tourist verity than other places. Big fancy hotels, Big shopping centers, which is always heaven for Iranians, Amusement parks, Historic sites like Nader shah Museum, Tus, Haroonieh, Suburb shopping towns of Torghabeh & Shandiz, big variety of nice restaurants and "lamkadeh" , and above all, shishlik is a good boost for most Iranians to pack up for a visit. And may be calling it a ZIARAT too.
Binaloud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #51
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 80

Ahura Mazda you know nothing about Mashhad.
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #52
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 58

one thing I know for sure, Mashhad has the best Jigar in the world mmm

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #53
Ahura_Mazda

Thanks for your comments. I am glad to hear that there are plenty of opportunity to grow as a mega city in that region. I was aware of the need in Khorasan and its potential for having/developing a mega city.

Still I think Neyshabour should get more attention and money from what it is today.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #54
Ahura_Mazda

Thanks for your comments. I am glad to hear that there are plenty of opportunity to grow as a mega city in that region. I was aware of the need in Khorasan and its potential for having/developing a mega city.

Still I think Neyshabour should get more attention and money from what it is today.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #55
Ahura_Mazda

Yes. I don't know Much about Mashhad, and I always thought I am not a fan of being "Pa Boos" of imam reza.

Man fekr mikonam onja bayad yek shahr kheili bozorg dorost konand na sae konand ta ertebat gostardei ba tormakenstan dashteh bashim, bebinid Eshgh Abad cheghadr nazdik ast va dar nahayat sae konim, zamin aye az dast rafteh Iran (torkamenstan) ra be aaghosh mam mihan bargardanim
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #56
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 18

sarbaze tabarestan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #57
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 1716

nemibinamesh

[/URL]
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea   Reply With Quote