daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa / St Petersburg

Old March 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #21
Del Mayberry

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATampaArnold View Post
Yeah that would be a waste of a prime piece of land to only be in 8 stories. I know that the people in 234 bayshore or whatever that building is bitched about the hieght blocking their views but is not a reason to decrease the height. That happens in all cities, that is why if you were that concerned you should buy in a area that your view cant be obstructed. Plus that buidling is also all rentals and feels like a dorm. We thought about buying there once but it wasn't that nice.
Do you mean 345 Bayshore? I know someone that looked in that building and was not impressed. It was built as an apartment so don't know if the quality is as good.
Del Mayberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #22
TPAMAN

Likes (Received): 38

Crescent Resources announces new Brandon area apartment project

Tampa Bay Business Journal
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:14am EDT

Related:
Commercial Real Estate, Brandon

Crescent Resources LLC has acquired 25 acres for a 344-unit, garden-style apartment community near the intersection of Interstate 75 and the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway.

Construction will begin immediately on the $37 million community, which will be named Circle Crosstown, Crescent said in a statement. The first apartments are expected to be complete in the first quarter of 2013.

Circle Crosstown is being financed by equity investments from Crescent Resources and Global Growth Trust, which is sponsored by CNL Financial.

U.S. Bank NA provided a $26,736,443 construction loan, Hillsborough County court records show.

Crescent Multifamily Construction LLC will serve as the general contractor. The architect is The Preston Partnership LLC of Atlanta. The civil engineer is King Engineering of Tampa, and the landscape architect is Land Resource Design Group Inc., of Orlando.

The site is five miles from the intersection of I-75 and I-4 and seven miles from downtown Tampa. The Brandon area is also a target for an apartment development by Phillips Development and a proposed Bass Pro Shop.

Crescent also has plans to build a 367-unit development at Bayshore Boulevard and West Platt Street. The company plans to begin that project later this spring.
TPAMAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #23
Del Mayberry

More apartments. I guess this region doesn't have enough of them. The "three-eight story apartments on Bayhore"...probably not gonna happen.
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #24
koopalicious

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Mayberry View Post
The "three-eight story apartments on Bayhore"...probably not gonna happen.
TPAMAN bolded that part just above your post...
koopalicious no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #25
Del Mayberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopalicious View Post
TPAMAN bolded that part just above your post...
I know. It says this spring, which could really mean next spring or never. Just another "I'll believe it when I see it" type of project in Tampa.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #26
Casey

Likes (Received): 14

Indeed. We're nearing the end of summer and still no signs of life with this project. Checked the Crescent Resources website and no news there.
Casey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #27
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 312

Related beat them to it?
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #28
Del Mayberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
Related beat them to it?
I'd rather see it stay empty than have a shit stick project built there.
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #29
Jasonhouse

That's thankfully been the case so far. Crescent claimed to be starting this project by the end of last year, and it still hasn't started.

Really hope it gets reworked. The version they previously released of the proposal sucks.
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #30
Del Mayberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
That's thankfully been the case so far. Crescent claimed to be starting this project by the end of last year, and it still hasn't started.

Really hope it gets reworked. The version they previously released of the proposal sucks.
I hope the condo market makes a come-back. Tear down the Colondade and build there. Also, that Patriots Corner...they think just cause they have claimed this as a patriots corner, that it's untouchable.
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #31
Casey

This website is new. Says "Coming to Tampa Fall 2013". If that's the case, they better get crackin'.

http://circlebayshore.com/
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #32
Del Mayberry

That looks pretty decent but yeah, don't hold your breath.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #33
Jasonhouse

^It's still the same shit site plan.

Maybe if they had come up with a better project, they wouldn't have so much trouble getting it financed.
Old September 10th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #34
Casey

Circle Bayshore to begin construction in Hyde Park
Tampa Bay Business Journal
Date: Monday, September 10, 2012, 1:22pm EDT

Crescent Resources LLC said it is ready to being building its 367-unit apartment community at 319 Bayshore Blvd. in Tampa.
The $68 million project is named Circle Bayshore.
The project was delayed by the Republican National Convention, which tangled roads near the project location in the city’s Hyde Park section.
MSA Architects of Miami designed the Spanish Eclectic eight-story structure.
Moss & Associates of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is the general contractor. The civil engineer is King Engineering of Tampa, and the landscape architect is Land Resource Design Group, Inc., of Orlando.
“This extraordinary location is ideal for multifamily residential with its close proximity to the water, entertainment and dining venues,” Brian Natwick, president of Crescent Resources’ multifamily division, said in a release. Circle Bayshore is being financed by an equity investment from Crescent Resources, construction financing from Capital One and mezzanine financing from Nationwide Real Estate Investments.
Crescent Resources is also building the 344-unit Circle Crosstown apartments near the Selmon Expressway and Falkenburg Road.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...struction.html
Old September 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #35
miketpa

Likes (Received): 2

It's not that bad....but I guess they are taking over the SB lanes on Bayshore, since they are gone in that rendering? I know a lot of people want retail and everything on the bottom, but look at retail in most projects that have been built that way; most sit empty for years. Developers are in it to make money, if there is no demand they won't build it.
miketpa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #36
TampaGuy

Likes (Received): 30

The render on the website doesn't look bad. Obviously it isn't super tall, but it is a decent density.

http://www.circlebayshore.com
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #37
Casey

Agreed. It's standard fare, nothing atrocious but nothing eye-catching either. Being developed by the same developer as One Bayshore, the 16-story condo next door to this one.
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #38
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketpa View Post
It's not that bad....but I guess they are taking over the SB lanes on Bayshore, since they are gone in that rendering? I know a lot of people want retail and everything on the bottom, but look at retail in most projects that have been built that way; most sit empty for years. Developers are in it to make money, if there is no demand they won't build it.
Then use the space for something else until the market and demand is there and switch it out with retail.

Don't know about the Bayshore thing. That's two lanes that would be removed. And for traffic in that area, not the best thing. But if anything, how about making it easier for their residents to cross the street to get along the seawalls and walk that stretch. The render even removes the crosswalk that exists there....
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #39
Jasonhouse

Make me wonder if the wide landscaping in front of the building will really exist.

My positive spin on it... At least it's tall enough that they can't get away with frame construction.

And my gripe... A project in this location should be required to include a mix of uses. This project should at least have some commercial space on the ground floor of the northern most building fronting Platt. And probably space for at least 1-2 storefronts facing the plaza the eastern building wraps around. Would be a great spot for a cafe or two.
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #40
Casey

No, they're not removing any Bayshore lanes.
Currently there are only two crosswalks in that immediate area; one is to the north at the Platt/Bayshore intersection and the second is to the south at the overhead pedestrian bridge at the Davis Islands bridge.