daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 926 votes, 4.96 average.
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #15121
SahadevanVijayakumar
தமிழ் எனது உயிர்

Likes (Received): 1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
Thanks for the pics sir. Summa suthi suthi eduthirukeenga..

Its old bus was a private built one and this got replaced right? I have seen that bus many times in Madurai and also once in Marthandam.

One request, Can you post the pic of Kanyakumari BS? Yet to see that bus stand with TNSTC name. It was owned by TNSTC right.

SV sir,
Saw one TML from Madurai region with 1.2.3 stickers running as Madurai-NGL highway rider and stoppage only at Nellai. Can you check it out?

Private/In-House built buses, AL looks great and TML is not so good. IMO, TML city buses built by TNSTC-CBE is really really good.

In the new lot I have seen MDU, SLM and Kum using TMLs for their long distance buses. CBE used it perfectly. TMLs with low powered HP engines provide good mileage in short distance.

Whether Nellai divn has any long distance TMLs?
My dear Dhandapani Krishnasamy i will post Kanyakumari Bus Stand photo short time. Its name is Kavimony Desiga Vinayagam pillai bus stand. Owned by TNSTC.In Thamizhnadu TNSTC bus stands were placed only at Ooty and Kanyakumari.

TNSTC NAGERCOIL REGION TOWN AND MOFFUSSIL BUSES ALBUM

MY BLOG:- brindhaavanam.wordpress.com

Visit:-antrukandamugam.blog தமிழ்,மலையாளம்,தெலுங்குத் திரைத்தகவல்கள்
SahadevanVijayakumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #15122
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city

Likes (Received): 1240

Tnstc Salem Refurbished guy

TN-30 N 0045 Yer dpt
R.no-71 Salem obs-Velampatty via Aayodhiapattinam

Rear view

TN-30 N 0037
R.no-61 Salem obs-Akkaraipatty

Rear view

Last inauguration not a single bus allotted to Tnstc Salem town bus even no refurbished buses
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #15123
chnavis

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahadevanVijayakumar View Post
My dear Dhandapani Krishnasamy i will post Kanyakumari Bus Stand photo short time. Its name is Kavimony Desiga Vinayagam pillai bus stand. Owned by TNSTC.In Thamizhnadu TNSTC bus stands were placed only at Ooty and Kanyakumari.
Sahadevan sir / Reno i saw a bus TN-74 N 1606; on last sunday it was running between Nagercoil - Trichy TSS service. But snickered as nagercoil-madurai is a Hitech model bus. i think it was built by ranithottam depot. Can u please collect that?

and i took Tri sea express from Kanyakumari to chennai on last sunday it took just 12 hrs to reach chennai CMBT from Nagercoil. Awesome speed and driving

Now days i am seeing some improvement on kanyakumari SETC depot....
chnavis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #15124
rejagiri
Steel & Mango city

Likes (Received): 1240

Tnstc Salem new buses

TN-30 N 1145 TML
Salem -Trichy

Rear view

TN-30 N 1141
New route ,new guy
Salem-Konneriepatty

TN-30 N 1136 TML
Salem-Madurai

TN-30 N 1145
Salem -Kallakurchi

TN-30 N 1154
Salem-Kallakurchi

Old September 21st, 2012, 04:24 AM   #15125
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnavis View Post
and i took Tri sea express from Kanyakumari to chennai on last sunday it took just 12 hrs to reach chennai CMBT from Nagercoil. Awesome speed and driving

Now days i am seeing some improvement on kanyakumari SETC depot....
The south bound depots of SETC are always good performing.
The rest of the depots, especially Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchi and Pondy spoil SETCs name.
The financial crunch is also another problem.
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:00 AM   #15126
dilipr

Likes (Received): 15

[QUOTE=rejagiri;95652421]TN-30 N 1145 TML
Salem -Trichy

Hello i am not able to view your photos can you please give a link?
dilipr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:38 AM   #15127
dhandapanik

Likes (Received): 1754

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_thapalathy View Post
The south bound depots of SETC are always good performing.
The rest of the depots, especially Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchi and Pondy spoil SETCs name.
The financial crunch is also another problem.
Madurai is also kind of ok and it is the biggest SETC depot we have. Main spoilers are Chennai, Tanjore, Kumbakonam, Pondy, Nagai, Salem, Coimbatore, Trichy. You can read in the same line. Some of worst UDs from Tanjore and Kum were transferred to Tuty, NGL etc.., They should scrapped them instead of transferring those to South TN guys and spoiling the name. My vote for best depot in SETC will be Sencottah, Tuty, NGL, Kanyakumari, TVM and to some extent Nellai and MTM will come. Space is a big problem for Nellai depot.
City Bus Routes:- Madurai || Coimbatore || Erode || Tuticorin
dhandapanik está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:41 AM   #15128
azadsky

Likes (Received): 4

If KeSRTC gets teh PALAKAKD- CHENNAI permit, then it can operate PLKD-CHENNNAI and also Ernakulam-Chennai, as TVM-Chennai will not draw passengers in this route as this is circuitous and will take almost 20hrs as NH47 from TVM to PLKD is in very bad shape

So if it gets then we can expect a PLKD-CHENNAI servcie but still, KeSRTC doesnt have luxury buses.. The topmost bus is 2 Volvos and a spare which is dedicated to TVM-BLR service, but trip cancels due to repair every other day, Next is AL , 12M , Non Ac, similar to SETC UD, but there are only a few and that too to BLR from different parts of kerala, Next comes Express buses, 3X2, similar to te one operating Changanacherry-Velankannni.

So there is no use for KSRTC in getting this prmit unless they do it with some premium and luxury buses to cover this 550 kms.
azadsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:44 AM   #15129
dhandapanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahadevanVijayakumar View Post
Nanbare, waiting to see the pics. BS in Valparai also owned by TNSTC-CBE and somewhere i read in a tender document that TNSTC-CBE owns Marudhamalai BS. Need to check that out.
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:30 AM   #15130
dhandapanik

Bangalore-Pollachi in ABT X Travels

Before moving to the review, let me share some details about the new buses which was spotted in Shanthi Nagar.

Due to BMTC strike, i have started from hotel a bit early. Took an auto to reach Shanthi Nagar and a hefty amount was charged. Still the meter was switched on and when i got down it showed Rs.60 and the amount which i paid was thrice.

Went there mainly to see the new UDs of SETC and the how the crowd is reacting for the KSRTC strike. First time saw that Shanthi Nagar is less crowded and that too on friday evening. Few KSRTC buses came in with temporary staffs. Around 10 new 12M UDs of SETC's Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Nagai, Tanjore, Pondy and Chennai depots were waiting for their departure. Crews in few of the above buses were shouting for passengers. In most of the routes, only 36 seats were configured for booking, but the bus actually has 43 seats. Even in some routes which were started with these new 12M buses has got them configured as 40 seats in online reservation.

New 12M buses were now waiting with boards to Mailaduthurai, Trichy, Chennai(Via Chitoor and also Vellore), Coimbatore, Madurai, Bodi, Trichy, Pondy, Tirunallar etc..,

Again took an Auto to reach ABT's Madiwala office. Reached there by 9.20 PM. When i enquired, people in the ABT office said, the bus to Pollachi will reach Madiwala by 9.45 PM. Got the boarding pass and waited in the road for few mins and the bus reached Madiwala by 9.50 PM. KA53 4507 turned out and interiors were kept so clean. Two drivers were on board. Boarding started immediately and around 5 passengers were there when it reached Madiwala. Finally we started by 10.05 PM and the bus was almost full. We took the electronic city elevated toll road. Went to sleep after crossing Electronic city. The bus went via Tirupur, Udumalpet. Bus was 65% empty when we started from Udumalpet. Looks like these three places contributing equally. Finally got down in my native which is in Udumalpet-Pollachi highway by 6.05 AM.

Yet again a comfortable journey with ABT. This was their Non-Semi Sleeper bus. ABT, Its time for replacement. Eventhough the maintenance is good, they should replace their buses at regular intervals to retain their regular customers.

The fare was Rs.641 and after diesel hike it is increased to Rs.660
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:48 AM   #15131
kdkd

Likes (Received): 6

Dhandapani sir, whats ur work nature? looks like you travel very often:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
Bangalore-Pollachi in ABT X Travels

Before moving to the review, let me share some details about the new buses which was spotted in Shanthi Nagar.

Due to BMTC strike, i have started from hotel a bit early. Took an auto to reach Shanthi Nagar and a hefty amount was charged. Still the meter was switched on and when i got down it showed Rs.60 and the amount which i paid was thrice.

Went there mainly to see the new UDs of SETC and the how the crowd is reacting for the KSRTC strike. First time saw that Shanthi Nagar is less crowded and that too on friday evening. Few KSRTC buses came in with temporary staffs. Around 10 new 12M UDs of SETC's Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Nagai, Tanjore, Pondy and Chennai depots were waiting for their departure. Crews in few of the above buses were shouting for passengers. In most of the routes, only 36 seats were configured for booking, but the bus actually has 43 seats. Even in some routes which were started with these new 12M buses has got them configured as 40 seats in online reservation.

New 12M buses were now waiting with boards to Mailaduthurai, Trichy, Chennai(Via Chitoor and also Vellore), Coimbatore, Madurai, Bodi, Trichy, Pondy, Tirunallar etc..,

Again took an Auto to reach ABT's Madiwala office. Reached there by 9.20 PM. When i enquired, people in the ABT office said, the bus to Pollachi will reach Madiwala by 9.45 PM. Got the boarding pass and waited in the road for few mins and the bus reached Madiwala by 9.50 PM. KA53 4507 turned out and interiors were kept so clean. Two drivers were on board. Boarding started immediately and around 5 passengers were there when it reached Madiwala. Finally we started by 10.05 PM and the bus was almost full. We took the electronic city elevated toll road. Went to sleep after crossing Electronic city. The bus went via Tirupur, Udumalpet. Bus was 65% empty when we started from Udumalpet. Looks like these three places contributing equally. Finally got down in my native which is in Udumalpet-Pollachi highway by 6.05 AM.

Yet again a comfortable journey with ABT. This was their Non-Semi Sleeper bus. ABT, Its time for replacement. Eventhough the maintenance is good, they should replace their buses at regular intervals to retain their regular customers.

The fare was Rs.641 and after diesel hike it is increased to Rs.660
kdkd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM   #15132
smrramesh
வாழ்க வளமுடன்

Likes (Received): 2423

New Route of TNSTC-CBE.
TN 38 N 2560 of Unknown Branch Heading to Ponnamaravathy From Coimbatore Via Palladam,Dharapuram,DGL,Natham

Link

-----------------------------------------
Brand New Buses of Coimbatore Region. Build by Private Body Builders
CBE-Trichy Route
TN 38 N 2729 of OPR-2 Branch Heading to Trichy Via Karur

Link
TN 38 N 2732 of OPR-2 Branch Heading to Trichy. Body Build By Maaruti Karur

Link

Rear View

Link

TN 38 N 2772 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Home

Link
TN 38 N 2731 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Coimbatore From Trichy

Link

TN 38 N 2758 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Trichy

Link

TN 38 N 2725 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Coimbatore

Link
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:07 AM   #15133
Reno Ruberts R
Ennum ningalodoppam...

Likes (Received): 412

Finally got it, the green UD of SETC. The surprise is, it replaced 2 month old Nanjil which was 43 seater maroon colour 12m UD. It seems, Nanjil getting every latest bus of SETC.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:26 AM   #15134
Sriram Kumar M

Likes (Received): 38

del

Last edited by Sriram Kumar M; September 21st, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Sriram Kumar M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM   #15135
Sriram Kumar M

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrramesh View Post
Link

-----------------------------------------
Brand New Buses of Coimbatore Region. Build by Private Body Builders
CBE-Trichy Route

TN 38 N 2725 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Coimbatore

Link

All these buses look like DCTC (TNSTC-KUM Trichy region ) design.
Better CEC itself could have built it.
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:35 AM   #15136
Sriram Kumar M

<LI style="WIDTH: 564px" class="jcarousel-item jcarousel-item-horizontal jcarousel-item-2 jcarousel-item-2-horizontal" jcarouselindex="2">
In protest:Bharatiya Janata Party activists blocking a bus in the city and (right) Member of Parliament R.Natarajan (third right) leads a road blockade by the Left parties during the Bharat Bandh on Thursday to protest against diesel price hike, FDI in multi-brand retail and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders.— PHOTOs: S. SIVA SARAVANAN
<LI style="WIDTH: 564px" class="jcarousel-item jcarousel-item-horizontal jcarousel-item-3 jcarousel-item-3-horizontal" jcarouselindex="3">
Taking rest:Employees of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation at the Coimbatore Corporation’s new bus stand on Mettupalayam Road on Thursday.— Photo: M.Periasamy
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM   #15137
smrramesh
வாழ்க வளமுடன்

Likes (Received): 2423

Brand New Buses of Coimbatore Region. Build by Private Body Builders-II
CBE-Madurai Route
TN 38 N 2781 TVR Coach Build Bus of OPR-2 Branch Towards Madurai

Link

TN 38 N 2795 of OPR-2 Branch Heading to Madurai

Link
TN 38 N 2792 of OPR-2 Branch Heading to Home From Madurai

Link

TN 38 N 2779 of OPR-2 Branch Heading to Madurai

Link

TN 38 N 2741 of OPR-2 Branch Heading to Madurai as BPR

Link

TN 38 N 2760 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Coimbatore

Link

TN 38 N 2766 of OPR-2 Branch Towards Madurai Via Dharapuram

Link
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:14 AM   #15138
mohan2
ERO 100+ NANJIL

Likes (Received): 1008

@ Reno

TFS Reno.first time watching green livery SETC on duty.It looks like have some extra work on livery.

surprise to hear that this Nanjil replaced within 2 months.any other reason for that?
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM   #15139
dhandapanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrramesh View Post
New Route of TNSTC-CBE.
TN 38 N 2560 of Unknown Branch Heading to Ponnamaravathy From Coimbatore Via Palladam,Dharapuram,DGL,Natham
Link
This was ex CBE-Madurai BPR from OPR-2 depot. Check the BPR sticker in window panels.
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:25 AM   #15140
dhandapanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Ruberts R View Post
Finally got it, the green UD of SETC. The surprise is, it replaced 2 month old Nanjil which was 43 seater maroon colour 12m UD. It seems, Nanjil getting every latest bus of SETC.

image hosted on flickr
Nice click.

Thank you so much for the click. Eagerly waiting to see this greenie guy. Really a surprise to see it in Nanjil brand. Please put up the pics of buses which were serving the Nanjil brand. May be you can add the last 4/5 buses which were serving this. Try to include all the pairs. I'll also put them up in TNSTC blog.

Not uploaded to your picassa albums?

Last edited by dhandapanik; September 21st, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Tags
buses

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: