daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #221
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Its now open as an Italian restaurant called Sambuca.

Pleased about this, --been wondering who was taking over, ---hope they can make a go of it.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #222
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,810
Likes (Received): 61

I noticed in Chester Rd today that the former Cafe De Vine building opposite the hospital and next to Matsons newagents/cafe has re-opened and is called Passing Time Cafe.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #223
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
I noticed in Chester Rd today that the former Cafe De Vine building opposite the hospital and next to Matsons newagents/cafe has re-opened and is called Passing Time Cafe.
Is this the one that's on the first floor, --or the one opposite the road junction?
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #224
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,810
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
Is this the one that's on the first floor, --or the one opposite the road junction?
First floor mate.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #225
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
First floor mate.
Ah I'm with you now, --mind only been in the place once, many years ago.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #226
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,810
Likes (Received): 61

I noticed when I walked past yesterday that Cafe D Mil has opened opposite the new Primark. Looks like they have done a good job with it.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #227
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
I noticed when I walked past yesterday that Cafe D Mil has opened opposite the new Primark. Looks like they have done a good job with it.

Is this in the old Harleys building or the one next door,? --if so, -- wonder if this is short term, --as the end two buildings are earmarked for Demolition when the new Public Square is Constructed, ---but it's good to make use though, --cheers.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #228
horokeio
Ma nishma?
 
horokeio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 1,229
Likes (Received): 8

It's next door to Harley's, the former Boulevard unit (latterly 'Baker Street'). It actually looks very smart both inside and out.
horokeio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #229
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by horokeio View Post
It's next door to Harley's, the former Boulevard unit (latterly 'Baker Street'). It actually looks very smart both inside and out.
Okay mate, -- --we will have to have a look in next time we are in Town, cheers.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #230
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

This from the Sunderland Echo, ---


Former social club resurrected as Italian restaurant Carolyn Sinclair, at her new Signature's Italian Grill and Castle Bar in the former RAOB Club, Wynyard Street, Silksworth.

Published on Friday 7 September 2012 15:49


A FORMER social club which had lain derelict for nearly three years has been brought back to life as a thriving Italian restaurant and pub.


Signatures had built up a loyal band of customers at its former site in Sunniside but moving to the old Lord Castlereagh RAOB Club in Silksworth has given them the trade they needed to survive.

Carolyn Sinclair, who co-owns Signatures, said: “This is a great location in a nice area with nice people and we felt there was a gap in the market for a good restaurant in Silksworth.”

Work began in March to transform the site in Wynyard Street and thousands of pounds have been ploughed into bringing it up to scratch.

Since opening, the Signatures team has enjoyed a stream of custom through their doors.

Read more http://www.sunderlandecho.com/lifest...rant-1-4908994
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #231
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,810
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
This from the Sunderland Echo, ---


Former social club resurrected as Italian restaurant Carolyn Sinclair, at her new Signature's Italian Grill and Castle Bar in the former RAOB Club, Wynyard Street, Silksworth.

Published on Friday 7 September 2012 15:49


A FORMER social club which had lain derelict for nearly three years has been brought back to life as a thriving Italian restaurant and pub.


Signatures had built up a loyal band of customers at its former site in Sunniside but moving to the old Lord Castlereagh RAOB Club in Silksworth has given them the trade they needed to survive.

Carolyn Sinclair, who co-owns Signatures, said: “This is a great location in a nice area with nice people and we felt there was a gap in the market for a good restaurant in Silksworth.”

Work began in March to transform the site in Wynyard Street and thousands of pounds have been ploughed into bringing it up to scratch.

Since opening, the Signatures team has enjoyed a stream of custom through their doors.

Read more http://www.sunderlandecho.com/lifest...rant-1-4908994
Good to hear Signatures has a very good reputation.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #232
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Does anyone know if the Saltgrass does meals,? cheers.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #233
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

We were in Town today, --and I noticed a new restaurant looks due to open in Fawcett Street, --it's called -- Shahs an Indian Restaurant.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #234
horokeio
Ma nishma?
 
horokeio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 1,229
Likes (Received): 8

I saw that too, in the old furniture shop unit next to Sony Centre - looks like an all-you-can-eat affair.
horokeio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #235
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,810
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by horokeio View Post
I saw that too, in the old furniture shop unit next to Sony Centre - looks like an all-you-can-eat affair.
Thats right an all you can eat buffet one its certaimly a good sized building.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #236
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Thats right an all you can eat buffet one its certaimly a good sized building.
Yeah it's a really good size shop, --looks as though it will open soon.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #237
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,810
Likes (Received): 61

Went past last night and it looked busy.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #238
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,982
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Went past last night and it looked busy.
Pleased they are doing well, --also heard someone say the new Restaurant on the fish Quay is reasonably priced.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #239
citelis
Registered User
 
citelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Hi! Has anyone heard anything about a new KFC store opening in Sunderland? I found this job vacancy today - http://www.caterer.com/JobSearch/Job...JobId=54639383

I've seen other job vacancies in the last week to work in a new KFC store in Sunderland - http://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=8...413vm&from=web

I'm just wondering if it will be in the City Centre or not.
citelis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #240
keka_71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 54
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by citelis
Hi! Has anyone heard anything about a new KFC store opening in Sunderland? I found this job vacancy today - http://www.caterer.com/JobSearch/Job...JobId=54639383

I've seen other job vacancies in the last week to work in a new KFC store in Sunderland - http://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=8...413vm&from=web

I'm just wondering if it will be in the City Centre or not.
Sure I read something about a KFC next to Wickes at Castletown.
keka_71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu