daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Cityscapes & Urban Development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 89 votes, 4.90 average.
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #781
nayeem007

Likes (Received): 358

A Massive Platform of Local and Global Brands
Jamuna Future Park opens soon
→ Business Desk

Jamuna Future Park, claimed as country’s largest and world’s 3rd largest shopping mall, is going to be inaugurated soon, said a press release.

While the construction of the mall is now at the final stage, the process of space rents is said to be started this month.The rented shops will be handed over from next month to design interior.

Jamuna Future Park Complex is located near Baridhara Diplomatic Zone and built on a 120-bigha land in Progoti Sharani. The shopping mall is on 33 bighas of the total area.

There is a 60-80 feet wide ring road around the mall. Following Bangladesh National Building Code (BNBC), the building is protected against 7.5 magnitude earthquake, claimed the Complex authorities.

Further, the Complex has the country’s largest theme park with thrilling rides to entertain the visitors and a Water Mountain & Green Garden is also under construction.

There are 9 ways around the park, 118 escalators, 34 lifts and 3 pair conveyor belts.

It has a massive platform of local and global brands. It also has seven halls with one Cineplex, large food court, indoor children park, gymnasium & health club, swimming pool for both men and women, banquet hall, large exhibition centre, two-line bowling centre, large billiard zone, karaoke, musical corner and a large atrium for band and musical shows.

The security system is most efficient and of global standard with CCTV cameras around the mall, said the authorities.

There is a parking facility for about 5000 cars at a time.

Online Banking System, ATM Booths and POS Connection etc are also available at the mall.

http://www.daily-sun.com/details_Jam..._1_3_1_19.html
nayeem007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #782
nayeem007

Jamuna Future Park opens in January
Staff Correspondent

Jamuna Future Park, claimed to be the third largest shopping complex in the world, will be opened in January, said a company official.

‘The shopping mall is fully ready for launching and the process for renting the spaces for shops and other business started from the beginning of October,’ Alamgir Hossain, director (marketing) of Jamuna Future Park told New Age on Sunday.
He said that the shops at the Park situated in the city’s Kuril would be handed over to the tenants from November.
Alamgir said that the shopping complex would be the world’s third largest with a space of 41 lakh square feet including 16 lakh square feet shopping space.
The construction of the Park faced controversy after the Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha in January of 2010 declared four floors of the complex unauthorised.
After wining a legal battle, Rajuk demolished some portion of the unauthorised floors in February of 2010 but suddenly stopped the demolition without showing any cause.
Alamgir said that Rajuk had approved their revised plan for the park taking a penalty after the park authorities appealed to a government committee, headed by the public works secretary. ‘We have now settled the dispute with Rajuk,’ he said.
The park authorities said that the buildings of the park had protection for earthquake up to 7.5 meter in Richter scale. It has 118 escalators, 34 lifts and three pair of conveyor belts.
It has seven halls with one Cineplex, large food court, indoor children park, gymnasium and health club, swimming pool for both men and women, banquet hall, large exhibition centre, two line bowling centre, large billiard zone and karaoke.

http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?d...0-08&nid=26282
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #783
Naveedm.rahman

Likes (Received): 33

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_the_world

wikipedia actually ranks JFP as the 11th largest mall based on gross leasable area
Naveedm.rahman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #784
nayeem007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveedm.rahman View Post

wikipedia actually ranks JFP as the 11th largest mall based on gross leasable area
I think the owners advertised the 3rd largest slogan based on 2002 info when the construction of JFP started. In the last 10 years many new malls in China and other parts of Asia has come about.

From the wiki link it looks like JFP is still the largest Mall in South Asia by far! The next one is Phoenix Mills in Mumbai at number 16.. But more than the size, I hope there are quality international brand stores and worldclass movie theatre.
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #785
Naveedm.rahman

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeem007 View Post
From the wiki link it looks like JFP is still the largest Mall in South Asia by far! The next one is Phoenix Mills in Mumbai at number 16.. But more than the size, I hope there are quality international brand stores and worldclass movie theatre.
I think they will maintain international standards in all aspects and im hoping it will wash away the slight disappointment i felt by the way it looked.

And yeah it was always going to be the biggest mall in south asia but its a shame bashundhara didnt make it to the top forty

Last edited by Naveedm.rahman; October 12th, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Naveedm.rahman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #786
dd2402

Likes (Received): 17

http://jugantor.us/enews/issue/2012/10/06/news0108.htm
This is a Bangla article from Jugantor, the newspaper owned by Jamuna Group there are a few interesting points there. My personal favorite is how an initial idea of 5000 shops is now being turned into a few hundred and space is not being sold to everyone. Thats a good move to keep it a class apart.
dd2402 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #787
mirzazeehan

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd2402 View Post
http://jugantor.us/enews/issue/2012/10/06/news0108.htm
This is a Bangla article from Jugantor, the newspaper owned by Jamuna Group there are a few interesting points there. My personal favorite is how an initial idea of 5000 shops is now being turned into a few hundred and space is not being sold to everyone. Thats a good move to keep it a class apart.
excellent info there...i believe jamuna groups decision to appoint agents abroad to convince foreign brands to enter the bd market will bring great rsults.
Also i appreciate the groups plans of leasing out only large spaces and to respected brands.
These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh
mirzazeehan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #788
jason.kazi
Supermember

Likes (Received): 687

(Source: http://www.edailystar.com/contents/2...0_10_1_7_b.jpg)

Updated English version of the opening announcement.
jason.kazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #789
jason.kazi
Supermember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oujpTJxCEtc
Video ad showing the mall, apartment complex and hotel
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #790
dopekhor
bleh!

Likes (Received): 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzazeehan View Post
excellent info there...i believe jamuna groups decision to appoint agents abroad to convince foreign brands to enter the bd market will bring great rsults.
Also i appreciate the groups plans of leasing out only large spaces and to respected brands.
the chances of them coming in is very slim

but i would expect lower end or mid range brands like zara, h&M, mango and open up shop at best

wouldnt expect affordable luxury brands like ralph lauren or abercombie to set up shop any time soon thou
dopekhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #791
Manazir

Likes (Received): 79

pessimistic dope as always
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #792
dopekhor
bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post

i dont see any reason to be optimistic about bd, unless i was a politician with a bank account expanding spree!
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #793
mirzazeehan

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopekhor View Post
i dont see any reason to be optimistic about bd, unless i was a politician with a bank account expanding spree!
Which country are you optimistic about...US,EU,Shining India or Rising China?
These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh
mirzazeehan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #794
dopekhor
bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzazeehan View Post
Which country are you optimistic about...US,EU,Shining India or Rising China?
i dont care about other countries but it hurts to see when bd could have been the shining star it is hiding behind crap

recently they blocked flexiload from online on the pretense of hundi and have you seen the pm's speech in the UN?
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #795
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post

That's unusual though. Young people should always be brimming with enthusiasm and optimism.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #796
dopekhor
bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
That's unusual though. Young people should always be brimming with enthusiasm and optimism.
i am but just not when it comes to certain things :P like politics and economics of bd :P
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #797
fahim_519

Likes (Received): 0

Jason.kazi
plz click this link.....
fahim_519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #798
jason.kazi
Supermember

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahim_519 View Post
Jason.kazi
plz click this link.....
What's your point?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:56 PM   #799
nayeem007

I find it surprising that the mall is only 2 months away from opening but yet no announcement from any of the global brand stores or fast food chains regarding their foray into Bangladesh market

.Does anyone know which international stores are opening up at JFP?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:32 PM   #800
jason.kazi
Supermember

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeem007 View Post
I find it surprising that the mall is only 2 months away from opening but yet no announcement from any of the global brand stores or fast food chains regarding their foray into Bangladesh market

.Does anyone know which international stores are opening up at JFP?
I would assume that KFC, Pizza Hut, BFC, Nando's, Coffee World, Movenpick would be there. Everything else probably is in the negotiation or perhaps it will be like Bashundhara City. By that I mean that those stores won't necessarily open immediately.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: